Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26
Re: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - pictures+setlists
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 27, 2013 12:26

Do we know for sure rehearsals are finished...at that location?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 27, 2013 12:47

Wow. Amazing reports. Thanks.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 27, 2013 13:17

BluzDude
Do we know for sure rehearsals are finished...at that location?

Well if they're packing...maybe they'll do like they did in November when they moved from Bondy to London and start "Production Rehearsals".

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 27, 2013 13:23

I know the gig is less than a week away,so as gotdablouse says,''Production Rehearsals'',maybe in the same studio complex in LA.
Dunno if they have the facilities there.
I would like to think a short set maybe at a surprise location beginning of week. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 13:24

Nice to read that everyone respected the serenity of the group during rehearsals in Los Angeles, as we did in Bondy last October and November. You know, French people know how to be disciplined (sometimes). cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 13:25 by william060190.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 27, 2013 15:48

Dan
It's going to be simple tonight but every good story has an epilogue, and one is forthcoming with other details, like Mick Jagger coming to the gate and signing for 5 us on Tuesday.

What an amazing week, I am going to be out and about all day, most likely a show I bought tickets for several months ago. I will post the details of the meeting and a few other details that may have been eclipsed by the main priority of getting down the setlist.

Have a grrreat weekend everybody.

Thanks again for all the updates, Dan. Great stuff.

Look forward to your wrap up, including a report on the club show.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 27, 2013 16:00

speaking of club shows, ..

reckon the Stones will do a surprise (!) show somewhere...like they do.. to work a little before the tour..

Date: April 27, 2013 16:20

GRRRegory tweeted several hints last night, including "Watch this space at 12.30pm PT tomorrow for some news".

Shuggie Otis just might get to play with the Stones after all. ;-)

[twitter.com]

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 16:36

Wait a minute. Forget all this Stones nonsense; the Itchy Pissholes are in town?! Why no reports from their rehearsals?

Posted by: wolfattheboard ()
Date: April 27, 2013 19:20

LA Echoplex seems to be the venue for the warm up gig..?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 19:20 by wolfattheboard.

Date: April 27, 2013 19:32

That's the buzz on Twitter.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 27, 2013 19:57

bye bye johnny
That's the buzz on Twitter.

I sure apprecite your updates Johnny... Thanks

Did you hear this rumour? [maps.google.com]

Date: April 27, 2013 20:05

The buzz includes that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 20:11 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 20:19

A friend just told me that the Stones are playing at Echo Park today.

Re: LA Rehearsals
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 00:01 by swiss.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 28, 2013 00:45

crawdaddy
I know the gig is less than a week away,so as gotdablouse says,''Production Rehearsals'',maybe in the same studio complex in LA.
Dunno if they have the facilities there.
I would like to think a short set maybe at a surprise location beginning of week. >grinning smiley<
They have everything there it's a mini Warner bros the place is a massive production place!

Date: April 28, 2013 01:01

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 28, 2013 01:10

Fuman2
That would be Echoplex. But your close.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 03:04

sweetcharmedlife
Fuman2
That would be Echoplex. But your close.moody smiley

Ah, thanks. I thought I was breaking news. Nope. Just wind . . .

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 06:04

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 28, 2013 06:44

congas...? very nice...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 28, 2013 11:23

thanks for the rehearsal pic.
jeroen

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 28, 2013 12:58

Great pictures - starting to get very excited about the first show.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 28, 2013 13:46

I wonder if the guys are in these studios next week.

Got a feeling we may have another surprise gig,just on the thought that they have rehearsed ''I Heard it Through The Grapevine''most days but not played at the Echoplex Saturday night.
I certainly hope so. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-28 14:28 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:32

Second small gig is highly probable, in particular because of the huge time gap in between now and Staples Center on Friday. Maybe a bigger venue this time? Fans in L.A. - keep your eyes & ears opened !!!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 20:13

Hey Mick, tell Keith he's invited to the best blues jam in L.A.: [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 29, 2013 03:35

Here is the epilogue. If anybody is interested in the postmortem on the club gig, you can read it here on Shidoobee as I am not going to repeat it anymore. I DID know the location of the club show before anybody because I had a ticket to the show there that was abruptly moved but that info was absolutely irrelevant because there were no tickets there.

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

@#$%& it, here's the ticket I bought on Feb 20!!

------------------------------

Rehearsal Report - The Epilogue (Meeting Mick)

Mick Jagger came to the gate on Tuesday. I didn't post this because it was irrelevant to the original objective of reporting the songs. A hundred people showing up hoping for their moment too would be counterproductive. The more people chattering outside, the harder it is to hear.

Much like the Keith set at concerts, a sizeable portion of the crowd outside just faded leaving only four of us. Charlie's bodyguard comes up and says "Guys, we're bringing Mick out, no photos, be orderly and if he wants to sign, he'll sign" and suddenly he was just there like he materialized out of thin air.

I had a sign that said "More Mick Taylor Please" on one side but I didn't want him to feel that signing it might be an endorsement so even though that sign was made to show to him driving by, I flipped it over to my sincere yet ridiculous song requests I wrote to show Chuck Leavell. Too Much Blood & Grown Up Wrong. I handed him the sharpie and said Fat Chance huh? He said Grown Up Wrong, a few more words I totally didn't hear or understand, then moved down the line with my sharpie. James, an autograph collector with such a kind and joyful disposition that he get autographs from everybody, started telling him how much he loved the Lets Work video.

Mick handed me my sharpie back and split. The whole thing from the security briefing to his exit was less than 60 seconds. The looming spectre of Mick Taylor was hanging over the proceedings so intensely that one person thought the bodyguard said he was bringing Mick Taylor over.

Met a lot of really cool people, some interesting characters too. The middle aged man who saw us standing around and thought it was the AA meeting on the next block hung out a bit saying a few times, "wow, it's really the Stones." Also someone working in the area asked us if it was the Stones playing and before we could answer he said "Of course it is, that's You Got Me Rocking off Voodoo Lounge." He cruised by a few more times throughout the day.

A family of four got out of a car with a plastic storage container. A kid who couldn't have been more than ten asked if anybody famous was there. I thought the container held stacks of stuff to get autographed and perhaps they were regulars here too. Someone said "Rolling Stones." Blank stare, kept walking.

A lot of people would just come hang out for a bit, or just one day or bits and pieces of various days and take off, some visiting more than others. I was the only one there every day. I never thought it would be possible for me to go every day but once it seemed like making the Dustbowl Revival show last Thursday would be too difficult, the grip real life had on me was loosened and the Stones took over. No way I would have done this if it happened in Hollywood or beyond but I live here so that made it really convenient and compulsory.

A lot of people were curious and waiting for autographs and those seemed to outnumber the people who wanted to know what was going on behind those walls. Found myself repeating a lot of info over and over again, everything from what was played to where do I think is the club gig going to be and especially is Mick Taylor here yet

I was actually threatened by an autograph collector last Friday over something he read on a fan board. Then he said we aren't Ebayers, we are real fans. Like I care what people do with the autographs once they get them. I don't think it was anything I wrote but it doesn't matter as he wasn't intimidating in the least. Did take down his license plate just in case. Another autograph collector brought everybody pizza and bread sticks the two days he was there.

I wish I had some sort of device for the mystery track but unless I was the only one there, trying to seriously record would have been an exercise in frustration and futility. Not to mention I wouldn't want any prohibited devices on me should we be invited in.

Anyway the rehearsals were an amazing once in a lifetime experience. Oddly enough, it was painful, tedious and boring when I was actually there as there was more downtime than music but typing it out after the fact and thinking, wow, I was really there was what made it really exciting.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 29, 2013 03:48

Excellent writing Dan...especially your last paragraph.

What other bands, old and new, are your favorites?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 04:59 by stonesrule.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: April 29, 2013 04:28

I think the guy at the laptop is setting up the teleprompter. sad smiley

mnewman505

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 29, 2013 10:32

Dan
Here is the epilogue. If anybody is interested in the postmortem on the club gig, you can read it here on Shidoobee as I am not going to repeat it anymore. I DID know the location of the club show before anybody because I had a ticket to the show there that was abruptly moved but that info was absolutely irrelevant because there were no tickets there.

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

@#$%& it, here's the ticket I bought on Feb 20!!

------------------------------

Rehearsal Report - The Epilogue (Meeting Mick)

Mick Jagger came to the gate on Tuesday. I didn't post this because it was irrelevant to the original objective of reporting the songs. A hundred people showing up hoping for their moment too would be counterproductive. The more people chattering outside, the harder it is to hear.

Much like the Keith set at concerts, a sizeable portion of the crowd outside just faded leaving only four of us. Charlie's bodyguard comes up and says "Guys, we're bringing Mick out, no photos, be orderly and if he wants to sign, he'll sign" and suddenly he was just there like he materialized out of thin air.

I had a sign that said "More Mick Taylor Please" on one side but I didn't want him to feel that signing it might be an endorsement so even though that sign was made to show to him driving by, I flipped it over to my sincere yet ridiculous song requests I wrote to show Chuck Leavell. Too Much Blood & Grown Up Wrong. I handed him the sharpie and said Fat Chance huh? He said Grown Up Wrong, a few more words I totally didn't hear or understand, then moved down the line with my sharpie. James, an autograph collector with such a kind and joyful disposition that he get autographs from everybody, started telling him how much he loved the Lets Work video.

Mick handed me my sharpie back and split. The whole thing from the security briefing to his exit was less than 60 seconds. The looming spectre of Mick Taylor was hanging over the proceedings so intensely that one person thought the bodyguard said he was bringing Mick Taylor over.

Met a lot of really cool people, some interesting characters too. The middle aged man who saw us standing around and thought it was the AA meeting on the next block hung out a bit saying a few times, "wow, it's really the Stones." Also someone working in the area asked us if it was the Stones playing and before we could answer he said "Of course it is, that's You Got Me Rocking off Voodoo Lounge." He cruised by a few more times throughout the day.

A family of four got out of a car with a plastic storage container. A kid who couldn't have been more than ten asked if anybody famous was there. I thought the container held stacks of stuff to get autographed and perhaps they were regulars here too. Someone said "Rolling Stones." Blank stare, kept walking.

A lot of people would just come hang out for a bit, or just one day or bits and pieces of various days and take off, some visiting more than others. I was the only one there every day. I never thought it would be possible for me to go every day but once it seemed like making the Dustbowl Revival show last Thursday would be too difficult, the grip real life had on me was loosened and the Stones took over. No way I would have done this if it happened in Hollywood or beyond but I live here so that made it really convenient and compulsory.

A lot of people were curious and waiting for autographs and those seemed to outnumber the people who wanted to know what was going on behind those walls. Found myself repeating a lot of info over and over again, everything from what was played to where do I think is the club gig going to be and especially is Mick Taylor here yet

I was actually threatened by an autograph collector last Friday over something he read on a fan board. Then he said we aren't Ebayers, we are real fans. Like I care what people do with the autographs once they get them. I don't think it was anything I wrote but it doesn't matter as he wasn't intimidating in the least. Did take down his license plate just in case. Another autograph collector brought everybody pizza and bread sticks the two days he was there.

I wish I had some sort of device for the mystery track but unless I was the only one there, trying to seriously record would have been an exercise in frustration and futility. Not to mention I wouldn't want any prohibited devices on me should we be invited in.

Anyway the rehearsals were an amazing once in a lifetime experience. Oddly enough, it was painful, tedious and boring when I was actually there as there was more downtime than music but typing it out after the fact and thinking, wow, I was really there was what made it really exciting.

Great write-up, thanks, reminds me of the times spent in Bondy last fall!

So did you get an email saying the original concert had been bumped to another place?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home