Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 26
Re: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - with pictures
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 24, 2013 23:47

crumbling_mice
My money goes on Ventilator Blues...it's a Taylor riff, it is slow and therefore will give Jagger a breather, and it's a fantastic blues song. Played live with three guitars it has the potential to be epic!
One of my personal favorites from Exile!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 25, 2013 00:12

Sister Marie
Twit: The Rolling Stones 23 min ago

Mick Taylor (@MickTaylorInfo) is a special guest on the #Stones50 tour! What songs do you hope he'll be playing on?

Let it loose, Winter & Time waits for no-one.............

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 25, 2013 00:22

Agreed on the Ventilator...epic indeed.

confused smileyRe: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - with pictures
Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: April 25, 2013 01:55

EddieByword
Sister Marie

Mick Taylor (@MickTaylorInfo) is a special guest on the #Stones50 tour! What songs do you hope he'll be playing on?

Well, ALL of the tunes he was on in his time with the Stones ...no-brainer.Please Mick J, don't stuff this up.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 25, 2013 03:48

Yes! Ventilator Blues with Taylor is a must. Take some chances, guys!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 25, 2013 04:30

Hi there from the rehearsal room!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 25, 2013 05:01

Finally!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 25, 2013 05:37

Hi there from the rehearsal room! .... Hell cool ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 25, 2013 05:45

bye bye johnny

Hi there from the rehearsal room!

[twitter.com]

Damn, they've gone and left him to do "his" number...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 25, 2013 06:43

Mick Taylor is in the house and he played a lot of songs. More later, I am making some real food tonight.

Date: April 25, 2013 06:50

Dan
Mick Taylor is in the house and he played a lot of songs. More later, I am making some real food tonight.
Thank God. And your updates are so much appreciated Dan. Excellent amazing job you've been doing.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 25, 2013 07:45

Dan

Great news - if you have some sound-files, please post them here

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: April 25, 2013 07:46

Thank you very much Dan, we all love your wonderful job!!!

I have a question: At what time do they arrive do the rehearsals and at what time do they leave the studio?

Benjamin.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 25, 2013 07:53

Dan

amazing, thank you for your updates, info, etc etc

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 25, 2013 08:16

Dan

Cook faster! Just kidding, thanks for the updates and looking forward to hearing more about what happened today smiling smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 25, 2013 08:25

mtaylor
Dan

Great news - if you have some sound-files, please post them here

I really wish I would have had something to capture the last song with so you could all help me but all I have on me is a kindle and a prepaid cell phone I never figured out how to properly use.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few more people outside than usual. At first I thought were going to get a regular concert set as they blazed through this set with few breaks between the songs.

Get Off My Cloud

The Last Time

Start Me Up

Gimme Shelter

All Down The Line

Bitch

Honky Tonk Women

Ruby Tuesday

It's Only Rock N Roll

Tumbling Dice

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar (botched intro ala 2003)

Brown Sugar (restarted)

then a long break. Someone claims to see Mick Taylor go past in a van but someone had already mistaken Bobby Keys for him a few days ago. Rumors had him landing in town every day for the past few weeks. I was telling everybody I didn't expect to see him before May 1st.

But I must say seeing him get out of the van and hug Ron Wood was one of my most exciting moments as a Stones fan. I sincerely got chills. THIS was why I paid my money yet again when I swore I have given them enough.

Anyway it could have been upwards of an hour between the sets.

Sway (slowed down, started from the middle?)

Sway

Can't You Hear Me Knocking (long jam, ending redone)

Love In Vain

Shine A Light

Midnight Rambler

(MT smoke break)

Little Queenie

If You Can't Rock Me (can hear vocals, Jagger is working this one as hard as he did on the Licks tour)

Worried About You (while MT smokes outside)

Beast Of Burden (is he playing on this? it was a 3 guitar song in 2002/2005)

I Heard It Through The Grapevine (a lot more guitar than previous renditions, almost positive he is playing)

Dead Flowers

Angie

???? (something slow, real short, 3 mins but it was hard enough to figure out Angie under the teeming throngs on the sidewalk, someone ask Ronnie to post today's canvas, the best guess was Fool To Cry but pretty sure that wasn't it)

The last one stumped everyone who was trying to pay attention, But I am also embarrassed to say I haven't listened to Exile, Goat's Head Soup or IORR in about 10 years. Oh well, maybe the real fans should have had their ears peeled rather than holding records that probably won't get signed and waiting to see how the fast the cars can whisk by.

Finally a celebrity sighting I found a little interesting. Apparently Nigel Mogg formerly of the Quireboys is a friend of Ron Wood and was hanging out. A friend of mine dropping something off at the studio told me it was him. He walked past, saw me looking at him and he said "They sound good, don't they?" They are another bucket list band.

Anyway this was so much fun I almost wish I didn't have a trip booked April 30/May 1. If they are still rehearsing there, someone needs to put up some effort and document whatever is going on. A few people say they might try but a few more wouldn't hurt.

Date: April 25, 2013 08:30

Amazing review Dan. I am so excited. So theyre really going ahead with this Heard It Through The Grapevine? What a waste.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: April 25, 2013 08:44

RollingFreak
Amazing review Dan. I am so excited. So theyre really going ahead with this Heard It Through The Grapevine? What a waste.

That was my feeling until I heard it today. It felt a little more jammy. I liked it, but would much rather hear a rarity off Goat's Head Soup or Exile.

Date: April 25, 2013 08:55

jomo297
RollingFreak

That was my feeling until I heard it today. It felt a little more jammy. I liked it, but would much rather hear a rarity off Goat's Head Soup or Exile.
Listening to Its Only Rock And Roll right now (and having heard Some Girls earlier) I can completely understand if its good. Ain't Too Proud To Beg and Just My Imagination are GREAT covers IMO, but if you saw it written before they came out you might think "why the hell would they record those."

I'm sure it could sound good. I don't mean to be so negative. Honestly, I liked it when they did Mr. Pitiful. It sounded good. I guess even more than usual with this tour and having Taylor, its like "why waste a spot in the setlist with that", even if it does sound great. At least play Ain't To Proud To Beg with Taylor if you NEED to play a cover.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 25, 2013 09:00

I always look forward to hearing what unrecorded covers they pull out on tour. They've frequently been highlights of the show imo. I'd rather witness Grapevine than Imagination or ATPTB mainly because I've been there, done that w/those tunes. Also, doing Grapevine does not automatically negate the inclusion of covers that they have recorded; those are already part of their repertoire.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 25, 2013 09:02

They're still in rehearsal and the whining has already begun! Funny yet sad.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 25, 2013 09:04

thanks a lot for al these updated. I would love to be there. Seems very exciting.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2013 09:37

Thankful they're not revisiting Love Train...

Re: confused smileyRe: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - with pictures
Date: April 25, 2013 09:44

lazzzybones
EddieByword
Sister Marie

Well, ALL of the tunes he was on in his time with the Stones ...no-brainer.Please Mick J, don't stuff this up.

He's not on Let It Loose.

Re: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - pictures+setlists
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 25, 2013 10:10

Little Queenie! Yeah!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 25, 2013 10:50

I had a feeling Mick T would be in on Wednesday.

If he had arrived for just Thursday ,Friday and a few days next week,it would still be O.K. rehearsal time,but great he is there.
Would love it if he is there every day till rehearsals finish.

Thanks so much Dan for all the info and great work at the studios.Very much appreciated. smileys with beer

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:05

BIG thank you, Dan. I've just read this at 9 in the morning here in the UK and it's made my day. The Taylor songs are all I wished for, really hope Sway and Love In Vain make the final setlist along with Rambler and CYHMK.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:09

Great news! What more could we ask for? Wish I lived in LA.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:28

Jesus. I'm almost hyperventilating reading this... dunno how I'm gonna wait another month!!!!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 25, 2013 11:31

"Thankful they're not revisiting Love Train..."

About the covers:

I loved Love Train on Four Flicks and I enjoyed I Go Crazy they played in Europe 2007 and Nearness Of You is a highlight of Live Licks

I think partly because they seemed to enjoy doing these covers so much

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home