Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: NHL Season Cancelled
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 16, 2005 21:59

Was made official this morning. I'm sure it was anticipated by all hockey fans. I'm sure we'll see a real stampede of players going to Europe to play now. One good thing is that the World Championships this spring should see all the best players from all the countries playing now, so it should be really exciting, versus the usual method of picking players from teams that didn't make the NHL playoff or that were eliminated in the first round.

Re: OT: NHL Season Cancelled
Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 16, 2005 22:15

You can have the whole lot of them,
the club owners too, Good riddance!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2005 23:21

Freakin' bulls**t!!!

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: February 17, 2005 00:21

What makes no sense is that there was more negotiations accomplished in the last 24 hours than the last 24 months. There are rumblings within the players union, they said they would never agree to a cap and then find out that a cap was OK at a certain number. It seems that the owners have the players by the balls at this point knowing they are willing to accept a cap. To go this far and then accept a cap puzzles me, it makes no sense.

Date: February 17, 2005 00:36

The possibly best things about the NHL closing down for the year will be that

1) The minor league teams will gain more press and attention.

2) We'll have more time to listen to the Stones.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 17, 2005 00:36

OK for me. I am selfish. We have one NHL player on our team from Quebec. He is good and we need him. If they can sort out the NHL dispute in time for the next Stones tour then I am fine. I guess this is the perfect selfish view at it, as I don't hapen to live in NHL land. And to all of you who really miss the games, I am sorry, they just have to sort it out, and I agree they just have to get back on ice soon!

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home