Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/Tish - The Strypes
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 14, 2013 17:15

I've seen several live clips of these lads, and I can honestly say I've not a heard a band sound more like early Stones than these guys. They write a lot of their own stuff as well as cover classic blues and Chuck Berry songs and wow they have some energy and are so young. I think they stem from Ireland and from what I've heard they will make it big in the next few years. Here's a clip of them doing Got love If You Want it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-14 17:33 by crumbling_mice.

Re: O/Tish - The Strypes
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 14, 2013 17:32

saw them on Jools Hollands show last night.
Good fun band. Great energy!!

good luck to them, great.

Jeroen

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 14, 2013 18:12

We discussed them before...they are great too professional maybe for a new young band (sound video...etc.)....after listing all there songs on youtube I'm in doubt a little bit, if it isn't a well setup project by one of the record companies....let see and wait.............

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 14, 2013 18:18

NICOS
We discussed them before...they are great too professional maybe for a new young band (sound video...etc.)....after listing all there songs on youtube I'm in doubt a little bit, if it isn't a well setup project by one of the record companies....let see and wait.............

I must have missed the earlier discussion. I know what you mean by it all looking a little too obvious and I really hope it's just a case of they have a common love of 1960's English R&B bands. They can certainly play well enough for their ages and I think that it would have been hard to manufacture all of the band into this at their ages. As you say we will wait and see, but if it's all genuine then it maybe the start of a renaissance. Music, as we all know, is cyclical, and everything repeats at some point...there was a little of this in the Punk/New Wave era but since then, apart from Oasis who gave the nod to that era but didn't replicate the sound, we have had to endure the awful indie bands of whom there seem to be an endless supply. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: April 15, 2013 15:18

I'm actually from the same area as these lads and I can assure you all that they aren't the product of any svengali or record company boyband. They formed the band at school, all are passionate and knowledgeable about music and just happen to be making a stir. Saying that I can't say I'm a fan. They're too young to be launched into music just yet. Another few years might have let them simmer under before trying to make it big. Just my two cents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 18:15 by iamthedj.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: April 15, 2013 15:45

Know what you're saying iamthedj.Are they too young for such exposure?
"Blue Collar Jane" (own song) really moves though!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 15, 2013 19:59

iamthedj
I'm actually from the same area as these lads and I can assure you all that they aren't the product of any svengali or record company boyband. They formed the band at school, all are passionate and knowledgeable about music and just happen to be making a stir. Saying that I can't say I'm a fan. They're too young to be launched into music just yet. Another few years might have let them simmer under before trying to make it big. Just my two cents.

I'm glad I'm wrong............ but I take your two cent if your wrong grinning smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 24, 2013 13:28

I saw their live performance on TV today. I like it!
Wow -- they are younger than my son.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home