Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Confirmation of what I always suspected - Mick is here
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:04

bv
We all know why they do stuff like Sway and Shine A Light...

Right?

CYHMK on the Licks tour, too!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:07

Another few songs i would like

Come On
under the boardwalk
One More hit
undercover of the Night
Too Much blood
waiting on a friend

jeroen

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:29

flacnvinyl
Back before No Security, right after BTB, I remember posting my own fan setlist here, on Jagger's site and Shidoobee. I received an email claiming to be from Ronnie Wood saying 'nice song choices, we'll see what we can do', something along those lines. I tried replying to it but it was a one was street. Ofcourse I can't tell you with 100% confidence that it was really Ronnie Wood, but they DID play Route 66, Get Off My Cloud, Respectable, Midnight Rambler and Whip FREQUENTLY on No Security... Star Star did not make it in!
star star was played in hartford during the no security tour in 1999 it was a monday the night of the championship NCAA game which was one by UCONN .I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS AT THE HARTFORD CIVIC CENTER

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:35

Starr, Starr.. Yes more good old rock 'n' roll.. Has Chuck Berry every guested with the Stones?

Date: April 12, 2013 19:53

one more...STRAY CAT BLUES....make it sexy and hot Mick<<jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:54

Mick I always thought Chuck is a very valuable addition to the line-up! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 12, 2013 20:01

Hey, GREEK, I was at the Hartford gig, an awesome show! There were idiots in the audience with mini-tv sets on their laps watching the UCONN game!! AT A STONES CONCERT! The score was flashed on boards all over the arena. When I hit the streets after the concert, it was a sea of Stones fans and UCONN fans, and I could not even get into a bar for a drink. What a night!

Date: April 12, 2013 20:01

Put Ian Maclagan back in the line up Mick.

and sing a song with Ronnie... I can feel the fire..
jeroen

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 12, 2013 20:04

We love Bill Wyman....can he visit us in the USA? Would love to see him! Many THANKS for your music, your art. We love you here on CT,

Keith article in Daily Mail: They Apparently Do Check Message Boards
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 12, 2013 09:56

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

If they do read this message board, I would just say that I think they are doing a fine job musically.

Keep Mick Taylor and give him an expanded role and I am extremely happy. I love his solos.

I do want to hear him on Dead Flowers, Midnight Rambler, and Sympathy For The Devil.

As for Keith's teeth, the writer of the article must not have noticed that Keith had new ones ages ago.

Re: Keith article in Daily Mail: They Apparently Do Check Message Boards
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:01

Hello Keith!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean most of that stuff.. only joking.

(just in case there was anything).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:22

Hello Chuck I meant all that I wrote! >grinning smiley<

Seriously now : kudos to the 4 of you for keeping the flame at 70! thumbs up

Date: April 12, 2013 19:03

You mean Mick actually listens in here? Shocking! Absolutely shocking! smoking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:42

DoomandGloom
Mick, no need to worry, the majority of us appreciate what you are doing. We all have our favorite songs including you. Perhaps instead of being concerned about knocking the audience dead on every number you guys should think about setting a mood from time to time. If the audience is not jumping around does that really mean you're not reaching them? I think not but you know better. Still there are many great ballads we haven't heard in a while, the one per show is a silly rule. Songs like Angie could be played in the last half hour and would bring the house down. Thanks for listening to your fan base and bringing back Mick Taylor, of course we have a million suggestions here but beyond all that enjoy every moment with your mates. Soak in the great love and admiration you have earned, it's clear this is a time of great enlightenment for you and the band. The Rolling Stones are on the cusp of writing and recording some great music if you can capture this.

D&G if Mick needs kid gloves like this we are sunk...if he was this soft he'd have stuck with the She's The Boss crap. He needs to toughen up and remember what got him here...kick 'em in the teeth Mick!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:46

TheGreek
flacnvinyl
Back before No Security, right after BTB, I remember posting my own fan setlist here, on Jagger's site and Shidoobee. I received an email claiming to be from Ronnie Wood saying 'nice song choices, we'll see what we can do', something along those lines. I tried replying to it but it was a one was street. Ofcourse I can't tell you with 100% confidence that it was really Ronnie Wood, but they DID play Route 66, Get Off My Cloud, Respectable, Midnight Rambler and Whip FREQUENTLY on No Security... Star Star did not make it in!
star star was played in hartford during the no security tour in 1999 it was a monday the night of the championship NCAA game which was one by UCONN .I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS AT THE HARTFORD CIVIC CENTER

OK... now I'm off to the other side of IORR to see who has a boot of that show! I didn't now Star Star was played on No Security!! Thats like finding out that Sad Sad Sad was played on Voodoo!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:47

Hi Mick !

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:49

bv
We all know why they do stuff like Sway and Shine A Light...

[www.iorr.org]

Right?

Beev,

If they play Time Waits for No One and Slave in Toronto, I'll be a happy camper.
That would be a treat.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:50

Hi Mick - what about Keith playing piano and singing "Coming Down Again", now you have Ronnie and Mick T. to handle the guitar - that would be the greatest thing to happen.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:58

TheGreek

I was also at both Hartford shows in 1999, but Star Star was not played.
1st show:
[www.iorr.org]
2nd show:
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 12, 2013 22:15

flacnvinyl
TheGreek
flacnvinyl

OK... now I'm off to the other side of IORR to see who has a boot of that show! I didn't now Star Star was played on No Security!! Thats like finding out that Sad Sad Sad was played on Voodoo!

Star star wasn't played but in 1999....Sad sad sad was played on VL.once...(I'm guessing you found that out)....Toronto 19.August.1994

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 22:16 by EddieByword.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 12, 2013 22:17

EddieByword
flacnvinyl
TheGreek
flacnvinyl

Star star wasn't played but in 1999....Sad sad sad was played on VL.once...(I'm guessing you know that)....Toronto 19.August.1994

So @TheGreek is unfortunately wrong? Star Star was NOT played at that gig?

And yes, I know about Sad Sad Sad in 94. Fun version!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 12, 2013 22:59

Bliss
JamesPhelge is not Mick - in fact, he is James Phelge.

I know that JamesPhelge00 is actually James Phelge, that's what I said in my post.cool smiley I did not mean to imply that he was Mick Jagger.

What I meant was that I agree that it's possible that a Rolling Stone might actually be lurking here from time to time, since we have someone registered in the forum who actually knew The Stones--Phelge.

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 23:51

Should they play either 'Under Assistant' or 'Goin' to New York' - lemme know.

You'd have to name some obscure song to be played to really know if a Stone is reading - not something they're always likely to include.. That's my two anyway..))

Date: April 13, 2013 00:01

I do not think Mick Jagger has a look on this site personally - I think the media/PR people like Tony King or other staff read and eventually tell him about important issues.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 13, 2013 00:17

Thank you.
Thank you, kindly.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 13, 2013 00:35

Good to be here - good to be everywhere....smileys with beer

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 13, 2013 02:51

ThroughTheLonelyNights
I do not think Mick Jagger has a look on this site personally - I think the media/PR people like Tony King or other staff read and eventually tell him about important issues.

That sounds about right. I'll venture Mick doesn't settle in a night with a fine cognac and a laptop to lurk message boards.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 13, 2013 02:56

andrewt
ThroughTheLonelyNights

That sounds about right. I'll venture Mick doesn't settle in a night with a fine cognac and a laptop to lurk message boards.

Why not? I'll bet lots of big name celebrities check out message boards regularly.

Now me, I'm not much for cognac, but I'll take a fine red with my laptop, if you please.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 13, 2013 02:57

latebloomer
andrewt
ThroughTheLonelyNights

Why not? I'll bet lots of big name celebrities check out message boards regularly.

Now me, I'm not much for cognac, but I'll take a fine red with my laptop, if you please.

I bet he does.... HI MICK!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 13, 2013 03:42

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer
andrewt
ThroughTheLonelyNights

I bet he does.... HI MICK!

Don't stop believing.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home