Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Total Unit Sales?
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: February 15, 2005 09:24

Does anyone know, or, know where I can find out how many total unit, (albums, 45's, cd's etc,.) sales the Stones have to date? I have this friend who dismisses the Stones impact on rock 'n' roll. So, the next time he does this I'd like to be able to say, "Ya, they've just sold ? million records they don't matter. Don't lose any sleep over this, (I am!), but, I would sure like to know. Thanks.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Re: Stones Total Unit Sales?
Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 15, 2005 10:43

Well, I have some 90 official items. We can start with that...

- Doxa

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 15, 2005 11:06

This website says ( [www.abo.fi] ), that in 1990 worldwirde sales exceeded 200 mio. copies. I don't know how accurate this information is. But I know that sales must be pretty much higher by now. For example the US sales of Some Girls are stated as 4 mio, however they are 6 mio. by now. Also Hot Rocks is listed with 6 mio. US sales, however today it's already 12 mio copies in the US.
Go check out the searchable database at riaa.com and see the precise figures of their US album/single/video sales.

This is the toplist concerning US overall sales:

[www.riaa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-15 11:08 by ThatsWhatISay.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 15, 2005 11:32

Also VERY interesting!

[forums.ukmix.net]

And this one (inofficial worldwide sales chart with some officially confirmed figures):

[216.239.59.104]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home