Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dylan & Taylor European Tour 1984
Date: February 14, 2005 18:26

I'm just recalling that I saw Bob Dylan with Mick Taylor in the line-up in 1984 in Copenhagen. I must admit that I don't remember a lot from that concert. Except that Santana was an excellent warm-up....But I just don't remember a lot regarding Mick Taylor's playing that afternoon. Can anyone tell me if "my memory" is "missing" something ? Any great recordings from those days/that tour ?

Re: Dylan & Taylor European Tour 1984
Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: February 14, 2005 18:32

The best show must be Barcelona (date ?) and I know there's a great soundboard of an Italian show (Live At Palaeur). Check www.bobsboots.com for details..

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 14, 2005 18:43

The Rome boot is a wonderful recording with one glaring problem: MT is virtually absent from the mix. Barcelona (aud) is still the best circulating recording from the tour.

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: February 14, 2005 21:28

See also www.bjorner.com/84-2.htm#Musicians

Every concert is recorded!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 15, 2005 00:02

The official Real Live album provides a small sample of the Wembley concert with some other songs on that CD recorded (I think) from Ireland. Worth buying just for Mick Taylor on "I and I".

I was lucky enough to see the Newcastle and Wembley shows. Mindblowing.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2005 00:30

6 songs are from Wembley, 2 from Newcastle and 2 from Slane Castle

I was at 2 of those shows (Newcastle and Slane) - my first Dylan shows - and they were great. the live album doesnt do them justice.

Barcelona is without a shadow of a doubt the best show of that tour. Incredible version of "Blowin' In the Wind" as a closer.

The Paris show is one of the better ones, too. Most of the German shows are also very good.

Date: February 15, 2005 01:12

Thanks for that info Gazza.

I definetly need to check out that Barcelona gig.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 15, 2005 13:38

I have only that Real Live album of that tour, and I haven't listened it for some 15 years I think.. I remember it being very weak, but mostly due to uninspired and tired sounding maestro himself, not to the 'background' band (album was considered a disappointment after the promising, mortal Infidels). Of the higlights I remember the strong guitar in "Masters of War". Was that Taylor?

I should give the album a new listen, but the problem is that my vinyl player is broken..

- Doxa

Date: February 15, 2005 14:10

yep..Taylor played lead guitar in that band with Captain Bob on rhythm. Carlos Santana usually joined in during the electric encores

Date: February 15, 2005 14:13

Nothing wrong with that album. The only thing is that the versions of the well-known songs are radically changed. Mick T. plays some great leads. Bob sings like a sheep (and that's greatsmiling smiley)

Date: February 15, 2005 14:33

LOL

"baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Posted by: neverstop ()
Date: February 15, 2005 21:42

Hi,

yeah, Barcelona and Paris 1984 are great audience recordings. Get them if you can when you are a Mick Taylor fan.

Also Berlin was a very good concert.

Date: February 16, 2005 14:08

for those of you into downloading shows by BitTorrent, the Barcelona'84 show has just been made available on easytree

[www.easytree.org]

Date: February 16, 2005 18:48

Gazza, I owe you a pint!

Date: February 17, 2005 00:30

I'll hold you to that!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: February 17, 2005 00:57

In a recorded discussion among Dylan, Richards and Wood, they discussed Taylor and Dylan said something like, "Some nights he was great and others . . . Jesus". Any idea what he was referring to?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 17, 2005 01:48

I just got a copy of Dylan's 6DVD set Genuine Telecasts which features 171 songs from various TV appearances from 1963-2002...disc three contains a bunch of stuff from the '84 tour with MT...five songs from Varona, Italy on May 29th...four songs from Hamburg, Germany on May 31st...and four songs from Barcelona, Spain on June 28th I haven't watched it yet but the quality on the discs I have watched are generally excellent...guess I'll have to give these a look!smiling smiley))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home