Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Grammy's
Posted by: eric ()
Date: February 14, 2005 16:46

Not a big fan of this event... However I thought the show was better than most of the others in recent years. I am also glad to see Ray Charles win for best record even though it may have been for sentimental reasons... the record is quite good. Also, great performance by Melissa Ethridge doing Janis Joplin... I love Janis Joplin's music... great groove and great horns.....Anyway, I was laughing my ass of when U2 gave a bid WE ARE SORRY to thier hardcore fans... I dont like U2 at all....The Stones will show them how it is done later this year!!!

Re: Grammy's
Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 15, 2005 00:17

Green Day waved the rock and roll
banner for the newer generation of rockers.
Hopefully they'll help drive a rock wedge
into all this hip hop / rap crap, which
did seem somewhat on the wane this year, at
least the new style rand b is tolerable.

Who decides who wins these friggin' things anyway?
Seems like bullshit to me, an insider marketing
decison thing byt he corporate big boys out to
sell bland product. Led Zep finally gets
an award? Give me a break. So who won
for best band at the time and where
are they today?!? Is bullshit.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 15, 2005 00:26

Better than ususal? Hmmm. That's really not saying much. I actually found it absolutely dreadful, as usual. Melissa can't even touch the genius of Janis and I wish she'd stop trying. Joss isn't in that league (who is?) either. It was painful to watch, frankly.

And, yeah the sentimentality is a real drag. Question: Would Ray have won if he were alive? Answer: No. He's had MUCH better albums - even in recent years - without even so much as a sniff from the Grammy's. Now, in death, he is suddenly discovered? pathetic.

The pop music industry is in complete shambles if you ask me based on what I saw/heard last nite. Alicia Keys was even quite bothersome with her over-the-top performance - and I wouldn't have believed someone could take a song so fine as Hoagy's Georgia and bludgeon it to death the way Alicia and what's-his-tattoo did last nite. Horrendous. And, OMG - Across the Universe done a la We Are the World - John's turning over in his grave somewhere. That almost gave me the hives.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 15, 2005 01:31

Yes, that was especially dreadful!
At least they didn't choose a Stones
song! Shudder!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home