Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Brutal Article on the Stones high ticket prices.
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 9, 2013 02:56

The PPV was worth it. I got to see them up close in High Definition and heard them on a good surround sound. I'm not paying more to hear Mick Taylor on a couple songs, because that's the only thing that will be new about what they Stones are playing (and even that is old, in a good way). That DVD set of the 50 and Counting Tour will come out soon enough.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:08

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:08

Unfortunately its not only Rock and Roll anymore.
Its how much more money we can get out of these idiots.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:26

It's tough not to raise prices when you're the only game in town . . .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:30

24FPS
The PPV was worth it. I got to see them up close in High Definition and heard them on a good surround sound. I'm not paying more to hear Mick Taylor on a couple songs, because that's the only thing that will be new about what they Stones are playing (and even that is old, in a good way). That DVD set of the 50 and Counting Tour will come out soon enough.

thumbs up

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:33

They sold less than 10% of the tickets at $85 bucks big deal! It was more to save face so they could say they offered 1000's below 100 bucks when in fact the average ticket price was at least $400 bucks. 3 points: 1. They have made a clear effort to squeeze the ticket resellers here and Jagger even insinuated as such. Unfortunately this meant screwing the fans.2. This is the last tour and they are not particularly concerned about fan reaction not to mention a big final payday. 3. The ticket prices the last 15 years have been pretty reasonable and they have even played clubs at low prices. I saw them at the Aragon Ballroom late 90's which holds about 1500 the tickets were less than a hundred. Lets face it- its the last tour these guys are doing and pushing or already in their 70's and if didn't see them in the last few years on the cheap your SOL! I don't agree with how high these prices are and bitched as much as anyone but given everything, I can see why...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 03:36 by jackdog.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:45

And then there are some people who can not be made happy, no matter what.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: April 9, 2013 05:10

Max'sKansasCity
flacnvinyl
Let's face the truth... had it not been for the lottery, many of us would be singing a different tune. I have tickets to all three Chicago gigs. If I'm in the worst seats I will likely be very unhappy with the gamble. Decent seats and I'll feel it paid off big-time!

Was it a lottery? I dont think it was, because it appears that every one who wanted an $85.00 ticket today, go one, and some people got three sets. If I am incorrect, let it be known.

I am very pleased with my Stones and how they did this and I did not benefit from it, I just like their style. GOOD FOR MICK!

Actually I came up empty for Chicago about 75 times today

Date: April 9, 2013 05:27

Turner
Max'sKansasCity
flacnvinyl
Let's face the truth... had it not been for the lottery, many of us would be singing a different tune. I have tickets to all three Chicago gigs. If I'm in the worst seats I will likely be very unhappy with the gamble. Decent seats and I'll feel it paid off big-time!

Was it a lottery? I dont think it was, because it appears that every one who wanted an $85.00 ticket today, go one, and some people got three sets. If I am incorrect, let it be known.

I am very pleased with my Stones and how they did this and I did not benefit from it, I just like their style. GOOD FOR MICK!

Actually I came up empty for Chicago about 75 times today

Sorry to hear that, thanks for reporting.... anyone else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 05:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Re: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 9, 2013 05:50

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
louder Hans, say it louder

OK Max smiling smiley

Quote from article: "Other artists with similar legacies"

What is this guy on ????? There are no "Other artists with similar legacies"

Shhhh! We hear you.

Date: April 9, 2013 06:10

uhbuhgullayew
Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

OK Max smiling smiley

Shhhh! We hear you.
NO!! TURN IT UP TO 11

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:34

Max'sKansasCity
uhbuhgullayew
Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

OK Max smiling smiley

Shhhh! We hear you.
NO!! TURN IT UP TO 11

Which brings up the philosophical question:
If a Keith Richards strums a guitar in the forest, do you still pay 600 dollars?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:09

Jackglfc
His Majesty
Jackglfc
After paying £350 for 2 back row seats at O2 arena, I agree with everything in the article.

It comes down to legacy and what's the Stones legacy? Great albums from 1968 to 1983, mediocre to good albums from 1983 to 2005, then milk as much money from fans.

I still paid £95 to see them at Hyde Park and would paid more if the tier 2 were available. I wonder those responsible for the ticket prices?

You deserve to be ripped off for not mentioning the greatness of 1962(I assume) and 1963 - 1967.

Your're right, I should of mentioned the early years. I've not paid much attention to those early albums,dismissing them as mostly covers. I plan on listening to those albums when I get the chance smiling smiley

I think you'll enjoy them. LOTS of great music, just a few clunkers.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:12

As for ticket prices. I'm going to the show. Unfortunately, my wife and kids won't make it this time. Just plain can't afford it.

Yes, they've all seen the band.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:27

I assumed the prices needed to be this high to offset the cost of feeding Taylor.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:00

Sad to say, but the article's right. I really can't understand why the Stones, at such a late stage in life, would be so determined to get so much money from the people who love their music .

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:05

I paid 850.00 for the Thursday night Newark show, it was great and I'm glad I did it... Never again, not even $600.00.

I'll try for the 85.00 tickets for Boston and Philly. That's my limit this time.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:14

I think, at the heart of it, it's that the Stones see what they do as some sort of amazing, enjoyable, hard-work career ... rather than an artistic endeavour.

So they have no problem at all about charging high rates as they (rightly) see themselves at the top of the pile in terms of R'n'R.

And the old line about nobody having to go and see them if they don't want to pay those prices is undeniably true.

They really don't "owe" us anything.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:16

vermontoffender
I assumed the prices needed to be this high to offset the cost of feeding Taylor.

Oh man...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:00

tomcat2006
I think, at the heart of it, it's that the Stones see what they do as some sort of amazing, enjoyable, hard-work career ... rather than an artistic endeavour.

So they have no problem at all about charging high rates as they (rightly) see themselves at the top of the pile in terms of R'n'R.

And the old line about nobody having to go and see them if they don't want to pay those prices is undeniably true.

No they don't, but it sucks to have my favourite band be the target of ridicule and to have that ridicule be justified.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:59

gotdablouse
Well, yes, this has been written dozend of times before. The end of the article on mentions club shows, well they charged $20 for that last year at Le Trabendo in Paris and even let 50+ people in for free...when they could have charged what he suggests. And today there were the $85 lottery tix...it's not black and white.

Exactly my reaction to this article. They also invited 30/40 people to a rehearsal which is priceless in its own.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:03

tomcat2006

Does this justify why the Eagles charge by the second too? They started it in 1994 y'know. Back when you could see Voodoo Lounge for $40, Hell Freezes Over was in the $300's

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:07

Rolling Hansie

Ahem... Chas and Dave.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:15

If you´re willing to pay 500 bucks or so for an concert, just do it. I´ve seen them in their prime, no need to see them again.

Date: April 9, 2013 22:20

Strike
If you´re willing to pay 500 bucks or so for an concert, just do it. I´ve seen them in their prime, no need to see them again.

The Borg vs McEnroe phenomenon...why bother going?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:23

Munichhilton

Date: April 9, 2013 22:28

GravityBoy
Munichhilton

I'm gonna have to start referring to him as Bjorn...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:34

Munichhilton
GravityBoy
Munichhilton

I'm gonna have to start referring to him as Bjorn...

You must have heard of Bjorn's brother, Cy.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:53

When, forty years from now, I'll tell my grand children that I got to see the real Rolling Stones live back in 2013 and paid $ 1000,- for the ticket, I'm sure that the first part will be the memorable part, as $ 1000 will probably just be enough for the parking fee at their night out.

Date: April 9, 2013 22:55

Promoman
When, forty years from now, I'll tell my grand children that I got to see the real Rolling Stones live back in 2013 and paid $ 1000,- for the ticket, I'm sure that the first part will be the memorable part, as $ 1000 will probably just be enough for the parking fee at their night out.

Your grandchildren will be far more interested in the 1972, 1978, 1981, 1995, or 2003 tours...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home