Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question about "side views"...
Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:33

'ello, all! I just signed up to this forum, but I've been using it to get info on the Stones since the five shows last year.

Anyways, The Rolling Stones have been the one band that has been at the top of my wish list for years. I've dreamed about seeing them live. And after a painstaking wait, I got tickets to see 'em in Toronto. Still can't believe it.

On to the main issue... as a "poor" college student, I had to go for the $150 tickets, which are labeled as "side view" seats. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how decent the view will be. Will I be able to see the boys and the whole stage, just from the side? Or will there be areas of the stage that I just can't see at all?

Thank ya very much.

Re: Question about "side views"...
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:51

Tonyz
'ello, all! I just signed up to this forum, but I've been using it to get info on the Stones since the five shows last year.

Anyways, The Rolling Stones have been the one band that has been at the top of my wish list for years. I've dreamed about seeing them live. And after a painstaking wait, I got tickets to see 'em in Toronto. Still can't believe it.

On to the main issue... as a "poor" college student, I had to go for the $150 tickets, which are labeled as "side view" seats. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how decent the view will be. Will I be able to see the boys and the whole stage, just from the side? Or will there be areas of the stage that I just can't see at all?

Thank ya very much.

Welcome, I am also a "poor" University student here in the Uk, its nice to see other young fans - I can't speak from experience as I had a frontal view at the 02 in Nov but fromn what I gather people had an excellent view from the side with the tongue stage - there were some great photos.

Hope that is some help.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:59

Special circumstance here, but I'll continue: The first time I saw the Stones was from the front. Good seats. But the entire time Charlie's head was blocked by one of his cymbals. So I only ever saw his hair and his body. No face. Disappointing.

The next time I saw them I had crappy side seats, with Mick's back to me much of the time. But I had a perfect view of Charlie the whole time. I was directly to his right. It made up for the first time. So I was actually very happy.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:15

The view from the "side view" seats at the O2:

You can't see the screens but you can certainly see the band - obviously wherever you are going may be different, but I think your chances are good.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:22

Holy god, thanks Green Lady. That is perfect.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:23

Well I was sitting on the sides both nights (first night ronnies side, second keiths side) and I could see the boys very well.
Only on the second night I had to wait for the lips to disappear to see the screen completely.

First night:

Second night:

But also: price £ 375 + costs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 22:26 by BowieStone.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:28

Bowie, man... thanks a lot.

Quick question. Were you in the last section closest to the stage or was there one more farther than you?

Jesus, even just watching these videos are sending shivers done my spine. I'm not sure if I'm even gonna be able to survive the whole show...

Date: April 7, 2013 22:34

Second to last.

I believe those guys with seats in the last block did not have very good seats.

If you're somewhere in the middle of the arena (but no nosebleeds), you'd probably have a good seat

Date: April 7, 2013 22:54

Ah, thanks... I think Green Lady's video is probably a better representation of what I've got to look forward to (which is fine).
I'm literally right next to the wheelchair section... and they can't give the handicapped bad seats!

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 22:57 by Tonyz.

Date: April 7, 2013 23:25

Bowie, my good sir... do you perhaps remember your section number?

Date: April 7, 2013 23:33

BK 112
and
BK 118

Date: April 7, 2013 23:40

Beautiful. Mine are similar to your 118 seats (but in the upper level).

Perfect. Thanks for your help. Cannot friggen wait...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:53

The video I posted was taken from O2 Block 113 - lower level side view. Can't answer for upper level side view at a different venue, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Date: April 8, 2013 00:11

Thanks a lot. Both of you have relieved any anxieties I had about these seats.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:36

Hey Tonyz, welcome aboard.

My first Stones gig was 1982 (and I consider myself a bit of a newcomer compared with some on this site). Hard to remember quite what it's like to see the Stones for the first time!

Despite the high prices, which whingers like me complain about, you'll see just why they pull such a crowd wherever they go...the YouTube footage is great, but there's nothing like being there.

I'm still a bit surprised (and pleased) that younger fans are still drawn to bands like the Stones, I'm afraid (for me) it doesn't really work the other way...I can't name too many modern bands that I would like to see, with a small handful of exceptions.

Lee

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:49

I had side-view nosebleeds at the Barclay, and they were pretty good for the price I paid, they were just too high up. I had side-view at the PPV Prudential show and they were GREAT, if I could have any seat in the place, I would take side view near the stage. You get to see stuff most of the crowd doesn't, it's the next best thing to having a backstage pass. I think yhou will be very happy with side-view (even rear-view are cool)

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:47

Green Lady
The view from the "side view" seats at the O2:

You can't see the screens but you can certainly see the band - obviously wherever you are going may be different, but I think your chances are good.

You are so cool GL smileys with beer UdaMan UdaWoman!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2203
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home