Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What's happening with the rehearsals?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 14, 2013 19:54

latebloomer
Carnaby

Jeez, that man is ageless and what a sweet smile. I like his hair, it appears he is letting a touch of gray come through around his ears. Very tasteful, Mick.

It's not really gray, it's the tint from the light and/or camera flash. Brown hair--whether dyed or natural--can have that gray- or white-streaked tint in places when reflecting light.

Mick will never show the public a single gray hair, nothing at all to hint at the process of time. Notice how in public he is always clean shaven, for the same reason.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 14, 2013 20:16

"will never..."

You and Mick must be pretty tight.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: April 14, 2013 20:32

I spoke with Don Was last night at a Crosby, Stills and Nash benefit for Autism. I pretended to forget exactly where the rehearsals were being held. He was nice enough not to smack me and advised that he doesn't know yet. Very nice gentleman.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 14, 2013 20:36

stonehearted
latebloomer
Carnaby

Jeez, that man is ageless and what a sweet smile. I like his hair, it appears he is letting a touch of gray come through around his ears. Very tasteful, Mick.

It's not really gray, it's the tint from the light and/or camera flash. Brown hair--whether dyed or natural--can have that gray- or white-streaked tint in places when reflecting light.

Mick will never show the public a single gray hair, nothing at all to hint at the process of time. Notice how in public he is always clean shaven, for the same reason.

I guess that explains all the face lifts he's had to get rid of all those lines........

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 14, 2013 21:02

EddieByword
stonehearted
latebloomer
Carnaby

I guess that explains all the face lifts he's had to get rid of all those lines........

Reallly, I guess I should edit my post to read, he's a wrinkled, skinny old man who dyes his hair. You should all hope that you look half that good at Mick's age. Of course he's conscious of his public image, but don't most men like to shave before they go out for the evening? Or is that passe for today's modern metrosexual guy?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 14, 2013 21:37

Where was that pic of Mick taken? And when?

Thanks,
CE

PS. And I admit that I was wrong about the rehearsals taking place soon in LA. My bad....... Now, I have no idea where they'll be rehearsing and when.To say nothing of the rehearsal gig!! Geez......tongue sticking out smiley

Please.....info about the pic of Mick.

eye popping smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 14, 2013 23:03

I feel realy happy for Mick Taylor,hopefully having a bigger part on this tour.
He is a Rolling Stone and can play their music so well as we have seen on ''Ladies and Gentleman'' amongst other DVD's.
When the rehearsal news comes through on IORR,I hope he is there a lot of the time.
Never saw him play live with The Stones,but his own gigs show what a great guitarist he realy is. winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 14, 2013 23:14

Carnaby

Mick is such a pro. at anything to do with the media. He knows what to say,be friendly,amiable without letting anything out he doesn't wan't too.

He's been doing it since 1962 and hasn't realy put a foot wrong.
Always got a positive vote from most people whatever age,race,religion or whatever.
I would like to think he is a good bloke to talk to at a get together or non-media event. smoking smiley

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: April 14, 2013 23:42

It ain't Canter's,...

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Cocaine Eyes
Where was that pic of Mick taken? And when?

Thanks,
CE

PS. And I admit that I was wrong about the rehearsals taking place soon in LA. My bad....... Now, I have no idea where they'll be rehearsing and when.To say nothing of the rehearsal gig!! Geez......tongue sticking out smiley

Please.....info about the pic of Mick.

eye popping smiley

Date: April 15, 2013 00:56

stonesrule
"will never..."

You and Mick must be pretty tight.

Yes, ma'am! Tight as Charlie's snare drum. Can read him like the back of my hand.

Date: April 15, 2013 02:04

EddieByword
stonehearted
latebloomer
Carnaby

Face lifts are bad for you, and they don't make you look better, instead they make you look weirder.

I was going to post a recent photo of Joan Rivers to illustrate my point, but I was too grossed out even to do the copy and paste.

Besides, it's gray hair, rather than wrinkles, that make you look old. A prematurely gray-haired man or woman of 40 without wrinkles can often be mistaken for looking 65.

Date: April 15, 2013 02:13

latebloomer
EddieByword
stonehearted
latebloomer
Carnaby

Reallly, I guess I should edit my post to read, he's a wrinkled, skinny old man who dyes his hair. You should all hope that you look half that good at Mick's age. Of course he's conscious of his public image, but don't most men like to shave before they go out for the evening? Or is that passe for today's modern metrosexual guy?

Apparently not lately....

Gone are the days when clean shaven was the only way to look well groomed. Some of the most stylish and sophisticated men on the planet are adopting a more rugged approach to facial hair, and from bar to boardroom stubble is no longer seen as scruffy.

Full article at: [www.fashionbeans.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 15, 2013 02:55

stonehearted

Apparently not lately....

Gone are the days when clean shaven was the only way to look well groomed. Some of the most stylish and sophisticated men on the planet are adopting a more rugged approach to facial hair, and from bar to boardroom stubble is no longer seen as scruffy.

Full article at: [www.fashionbeans.com]

I stand correct stonehearted, I know better than to argue with a man who quotes fashionbeans. grinning smiley

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 03:10

with the rehearsals presumably being in L.A. , I wouldn't expect as must buzz in the press as when they were in Toronto.
the press in L.A. is more interested young, and suppose old, stars misbehaving than the Rolling Stones tour rehearsals.
in Toronto you had Michael Cohl hyping that the Stones were in town and even though Toronto sees itself as one of the world's major cities the press and citizens have a tendency to "lose their shit" whenever a major star comes to town for an extended period of time

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 15, 2013 09:44

fyp933
with the rehearsals presumably being in L.A. , I wouldn't expect as must buzz in the press as when they were in Toronto.
the press in L.A. is more interested young, and suppose old, stars misbehaving than the Rolling Stones tour rehearsals.
in Toronto you had Michael Cohl hyping that the Stones were in town and even though Toronto sees itself as one of the world's major cities the press and citizens have a tendency to "lose their shit" whenever a major star comes to town for an extended period of time

It is probably much easier for the Stones to disappear here in L.A. And it's not like Mick has knocked up any super models lately. They haven't been the notorious Rolling Stones for a long time. It was up to Ronnie to keep up the image and then his whole addiction collapsed, and he seems to have married someone actually good for him. I guess the only thing left is the music; old, old music.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home