Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445Next
Current Page: 42 of 45
Re: June 9 Montreal $85.00 tickets
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 11, 2013 20:45

24FPS
lem motlow
i'm glad all of you got good seats but you would get a better response here if you complained.try balancing out your happiness with a gripe or two.may i suggest in no particular order]-

ticket prices
keith not being 25 anymore
the way mick sings and/or phrases his words
lisa's weight
the song selection
what songs you dont like hearing live
anything bill wyman
anything mick taylor
the sound at other shows that you didnt attend

feel free to add more of your own,and like i said.go easy on the positive stuff,ok

Charlie's lost a step.
Lame playing of the 'oldie set' at the beginning of the show.

This is fun.

which show did you see on this tour?

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 20:52

lem motlow
24FPS
lem motlow
i'm glad all of you got good seats but you would get a better response here if you complained.try balancing out your happiness with a gripe or two.may i suggest in no particular order]-

ticket prices
lisa's weight
the song selection
anything bill wyman
anything mick taylor

feel free to add more of your own,and like i said.go easy on the positive stuff,ok

Charlie's lost a step.

This is fun.

The Stones don't act like they did when they were crazy 30 year olds!

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: dcfan1 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:13

Looks like the $85s have been on sale for over 5 hours and still not sold out. Amazing miscalculation on thier part.

$85 tickets for Boston available right now
Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: June 11, 2013 23:18

Go get 'em!

Re: $85 tickets for Boston available right now
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:19

Hi Tommy!! This may be good news for us!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:33

6:30 ET time and these Boston 1 $85s have been available basically most of the day. they sent an email blast out and it's been posted on just about every message board i'm aware of. Could it be that people would rather watch the Bruins game?

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:38

. Could it be that people would rather watch the Bruins game?[/quote]

I have been thinking that very thought since they dropped at noon.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:49

mnewman505
6:30 ET time and these Boston 1 $85s have been available basically most of the day. Could it be that people would rather watch the Bruins game?

Local diehards, good possibility. Doesn't account for those with no interest in an Original Six match up, though.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:50

do you think some of us will have a shot at the pit

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:02

Great news as hopefully that means there are plenty of good seats we have a shot at....

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:12

Bashlets
do you think some of us will have a shot at the pit
as far as anyone can tell, it doesn't matter when you buy your $85s in terms of your chances for pit. i had $85s for all three chicago shows and got pit for N2. it seems to be pretty random. i can't speak to exactly how many $85s get pit, but the night i was in there i saw a ton of people with $85s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 02:13 by mnewman505.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 12, 2013 03:47

they will give out the lower rear bowl 104 - 109 high rows..

Date: June 12, 2013 03:54

Looks like they are no longer available.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 04:46

they can shove were the sun don't shine.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 12, 2013 04:54

I'll be at the last three concerts, $85 tickets all the way. Hopefully, I'll get lucky with the pit for one of them. I'm thinking my best shot is the DC show. It's the last one of this tour and if the pit isn't full, I bet they'll hand out $85 pit tickets like candy.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 12, 2013 05:16

lem motlow
24FPS
lem motlow

ticket prices
lisa's weight
the song selection
anything bill wyman
anything mick taylor

Charlie's lost a step.

This is fun.

Opening night.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 12, 2013 09:01

I think it's fantastic that these tickets are available so that long-time Stones fans who otherwise might not be able to afford the higher priced tickets can attend.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 12, 2013 18:45

drbryant
I think it's fantastic that these tickets are available so that long-time Stones fans who otherwise might not be able to afford the higher priced tickets can attend.

It is indeed fantastic that SOME people with $85 tickets did do well and were dispersed to advantageous seats within the arena, some even to the Valhalla of the Pit. When it works it is a nice thing. Unfortunately they took advantage of countless Stones fans by opening up unsavory sections with little, if any view, and terrible sound. Since those sections weren't even offered for actual sale, it was assumed that you could do no worse than a $150 ticket, thereby assuring a bargain. But they screwed many, many people by 'creating' $85 sections.

Yes, those concertgoers with Darwinian impulses were able to move or somehow get upgraded through Guest Services. (Though this did not often work). And, sometimes, rarely, the ticket fairy would come up to your perversely angled, nosebleed seat, where you were lucky to see Chuck Leavell's foot with binoculars, and give you an upgrade. It would be interesting to know what percentage of $85ers got good seats, and how many were stuck two rows from the top, behind a stage you couldn't see around.

Posted by: abcd1234abc ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:48

We were taken advantage of in Chicago.

I never expected the Pit.... or even decent seats. But I did expect a seat on the seating chart, as opposed to the total side stage where we were placed. Seating chart went to 330... we were in 331.

Honestly, that (and Sheryl Crow) kind of ruined the show. This has nothing to do with the seats themselves or the money. It is unfair to create sections like they did - whether $5 or $85 or $10,000.

For me and my girlfriend, who have each seen the Stones more than a dozen times (including for her at 5 years old with her parents), we had made the decision to skip this tour until the $85 seats came along.

Our Chicago experience made us damn glad we hadn't bought seats through the normal sale. It has also left us somewhat regretting we bought $85 Philly seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 21:49 by abcd1234abc.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:53

abcd1234abc

I never expected the Pit.... or even decent seats. But I did expect a seat on the seating chart, as opposed to the total side stage where we were placed. Seating chart went to 330... we were in 331.

Honestly, that (and Sheryl Crow) kind of ruined the show. This has nothing to do with the seats themselves or the money. It is unfair to create sections like they did - whether $5 or $85 or $10,000.

For me and my girlfriend, who have each seen the Stones more than a dozen times (including for her at 5 years old with her parents), we had made the decision to skip this tour until the $85 seats came along.

Our Chicago experience made us damn glad we hadn't bought seats through the normal sale. It has also left us somewhat regretting we bought $85 Philly seats.

Taken advantage of?, grow up. All they promised was that you were on the door for $85.00. Anything beyond that is a bonus. All your complaining makes me sick.

Posted by: abcd1234abc ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:01

Posting about my experience makes you sick? Maybe you should stop reading and go lay down.

We asked for a refund in Chicago when we showed them the seating chart. They said it wasn't possible. There is no way around it, we got scammed.

Based on this no complaining logic... you buy what you think are front row seats. But they decide to put the stage on the other side of the floor and now you are last row on the floor..... no complaining right?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 12, 2013 22:51

LSTNT
abcd1234abc

Taken advantage of?, grow up. All they promised was that you were on the door for $85.00. Anything beyond that is a bonus. All your complaining makes me sick.

@LSTNT - They did not disclose that the tickets would be made up of sections not listed on the seating chart. If you don't have any PA system pointed toward you and can hardly see anything but a few feet on the side of the stage, it is a ripoff. Your apathy makes me sick.

@abcd1234abc - You COULD take a little more time on your screenname, but I feel your pain. My wife and I went to the first two Chicago shows with 85s. I had tickets to the third night but threw them back after reading the experiences on here, and the fact that the setlists are barely changing most of the tour. We had decent seats the first night, lousy the second, but had a good time.

Unless they lower the price and change the setlist, I am completely done seeing them. Maybe that is their intention... Fleece the public, one last time. Play all the hits, one last time. Then call it a day. If that is their intent, then mission accomplished.

This tour had incredible potential, but instead will be remembered by many as a money grab.

The sad thing is that so many people actually bought $600 seats! The Stones know the market. People are paying these insane prices, and not just 'hardcore' fans. There are things more important in life. I am just glad I did not spend $1200 on two tickets.

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:30

Anyone have the link for $85 tickets in Washington, DC? We got shut out and I would like to go to one show with my wife. Thanks

Date: June 12, 2013 23:34

I was wondering if they sold all those $85's yesterday because they were trying to fill up the Arena or because they got the stage set up and realized they could open up another shitty section of seats like they did at some other venues.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 13, 2013 00:32

I agree completely that obstructed view seats should not be disclosed without disclosure as such. It's actually against the law in some states, at least for ticket agencies.

Date: June 13, 2013 03:03

Club seats for $85? Bingo bango #stones50

[twitter.com]

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: June 13, 2013 03:20

PIT TICKETS FOR 85!!!!!! 4th times a charm

Date: June 13, 2013 03:24

Nice! Looks like lots of happy $85 ticketholders tonight.

WOW! My $85 mystery ticket seats... The ROLLING STONES people! @RollingStones #WildHorses

[twitter.com]

Date: June 13, 2013 08:00

My $85 experience I had two pairs, One pair was last row in the Balcony opposite end of Stage the other pair was two sections closer to stage second to last row.

OK time for self Upgrade
6 pm just before I left my house, I checked Ticketmaster and pulled up 8 seats together Loge 4 row 6. When I arrived at the Venue I went directly to the box office and aksed if they had anything in lodge 4 most of that row was still unsold. I told the woman I did not like the price and walked away. Went there first thing and sat in those seats all night.

My other buddy had 3 pairs of $85 he got two pairs in Lodge 9 and 1 pair up in 311.

At my table the guy gave me the 1st pair from top of the stack then he shuffled the stack and pulled the 2nd pair from the middle. So it seemed quite random. Although he could of had a stack of nothing but shitty seats.

Good for you Fleabitmonkey (PIT)

and Bye bye Johnny with the club seats.

Did anyone else get PIT?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 08:12 by virgil.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 13, 2013 08:05

virgil, checking ticketmaster to know where the empty saets are was a genius move!! Congrtaulations!!! RIGHT ON!! smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445Next
Current Page: 42 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home