Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 29, 2013 02:52

@RollingStones $85 ticket SUCCESS. Thanks guys! See ya in 2 hours!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 29, 2013 03:12

Major congrats!! On our way currently.. Hope we have similar success!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 29, 2013 03:42

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Well deserved! thumbs up

Have fun.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 29, 2013 04:05

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Go Johnny!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 29, 2013 04:08

I just scanned your photo and printing it out to make my own. Think they will notice?

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:03

Second to last row up, way to the side for Chicago.

Posted by: Bobby4 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:06

Was in section 308, pretty much all the way back. The last 3 rows of that section were
all $85 tickets. Sound was surprisingly excellent.

I got there at 6pm and only had to wait 5 minutes in line. I was wrist banded and did not have to go right in.

Band was "on" tonight. "Gimmee Shelter" and "Midnight Rambler" were highlights. Lisa, mick and Keith were superb on "Shelter."

Mick worked himself into a real frenzy at the end of "Satisfaction." Easy, man, don't hurt yourself. We love you, man!

Bobby

Date: May 29, 2013 10:13

310. Perfect sound. In the hotel right now and my ears are ringing. Recording came out amazing. 6 Days On The Road and Rambler were tops, easily.

Guys infront of us landed pit. Lucky jerks!

Posted by: ziggy12 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 10:35

Landed tickets in 321 in the highest section of the house surrounded by other $85ers. Bought the tickets first day of the sale when this section wasn't even on the map! The view was obstructed by speakers etc. Pointed this out to the ticket office & guest services and wasn't given any upgrade or an opportunity to upgrade. Thanks AEG .... ever hear of the concept ...Breach of Contract? My brother flew in from Oregon for this concert - how disappointing even if the Rolling Stones were their usual fantastic selves. Really sad state of affairs if a management agency can just open up whole areas with obstructed views without any forewarning or any chance to pay for an upgrade with credit. Well just be forewarned about this situation if you have these $85 tickets- you might get Pit or nosebleeds with obstucted views. Some stranger said to me, too, look at them now - it's probably the last time you'll see them. Wow...50 years of great rock and roll!

Date: May 30, 2013 19:26

$85 link for tomorrow's show. Nothing available now, but at least it doesn't default to the "regular" United Center ticket page.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: parlortrick ()
Date: May 31, 2013 17:52

Any updates so far, anyone? I'm going to keep checking that link throughout the day...didn't know if anyone had been notified via email about the cheap tix...from what I understand on here that was a bit of a crock, but fingers are crossed.

Date: June 2, 2013 18:11

$85 link for tomorrow's show. Nothing currently available - in fact it's been a few shows since any have been released. :-(

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 3, 2013 16:47

Check this out...

The elusive $85 Tongue Pit ticket.
They're real and they're spectacular!

Date: June 3, 2013 17:05

Kurt I can't wait to hear about the experience! The gamble paid off for a hardcore fan!

Posted by: Krentist ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:37

Has anyone actually gotten an email from AEGlive about the re-release of $85 tickets? They had a mailing list that I signed up for but I've yet to hear anything about 85s being re-released at any date in any city.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 3, 2013 19:51

Krentist
Has anyone actually gotten an email from AEGlive about the re-release of $85 tickets? They had a mailing list that I signed up for but I've yet to hear anything about 85s being re-released at any date in any city.

Many people have posted the same Question as you for a few weeks now. I have not seen one post yet where anyone has been notified.

Bye Bye Johnny posted the $85TM link on this page, keep trying who knows maybe something will pop.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:03

virgil
Krentist

Many people have posted the same Question as you for a few weeks now. I have not seen one post yet where anyone has been notified.

Bye Bye Johnny posted the $85TM link on this page, keep trying who knows maybe something will pop.

Thanks. I've been plugging away for about the last 2 hours. Has this yielded any results so far on the tour?

Date: June 3, 2013 20:07

Krentist
virgil
Krentist

Thanks. I've been plugging away for about the last 2 hours. Has this yielded any results so far on the tour?

Sigh. They haven't put any $85 tickets up for sale on show day, or the day before, since Anaheim. They said they would and they haven't. If $85 is your only shot you have no choice but to bruise your fingers from entering over and over. Also keep an eye on this site as there might be an alert if they do go on sale. But seriously, Chicago, 3rd and final night, the odds are low. Try getting a $150 seat instead. And if those are gone, god bless you.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:11

Krentist
virgil
Krentist

RS.com had the $85 link up for about 15 Minutes 12:30 - 12;45 pm EST. I could not get anything to pop. It is no longer up. the section choices were Upper level or GA Pit. Its the first time I have seen GA pit all the others have just said GA.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:12

24FPS
Krentist
virgil
Krentist

Sigh. They haven't put any $85 tickets up for sale on show day, or the day before, since Anaheim. They said they would and they haven't. If $85 is your only shot you have no choice but to bruise your fingers from entering over and over. Also keep an eye on this site as there might be an alert if they do go on sale. But seriously, Chicago, 3rd and final night, the odds are low. Try getting a $150 seat instead. And if those are gone, god bless you.

I plan on going tonight regardless, but would like to do it for less money rather than more money, of course. When the tickets were released in Anaheim, what time of day did they go on sale? I'd like to know how long I should hold out for before I bite the bullet on a $200+ ticket. That, and I have to come in from the suburbs for it so I don't think I can sit around refreshing on my laptop until 7:30.

Thanks again for all the info, guys.

EDIT: I see my question about time of day has been answered. Much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 20:13 by Krentist.

Date: June 3, 2013 20:15

RS.com had the $85 link up for about 15 Minutes 12:30 - 12;45 pm EST. I could not get anything to pop. It is no longer up. the section choices were Upper level or GA Pit. Its the first time I have seen GA pit all the others have just said GA.[/quote]

Date: June 3, 2013 20:19

virgil
RS.com had the $85 link up for about 15 Minutes 12:30 - 12;45 pm EST. I could not get anything to pop. It is no longer up. the section choices were Upper level or GA Pit. Its the first time I have seen GA pit all the others have just said GA.

Link's still up on IORR ;-)

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: wesleyman ()
Date: June 3, 2013 20:39

Thought I would share my Toronto experience: Was lucky enough to get two $85 tix. Tried to keep expectations very low after reading how many were stuck in upper levels. When picking up tix, saw women look my name on list. I did not see a P next to it. Very few P's per page actually. She handed me an envelope and I figured I got uppers, because they directed me to main entrance rather than wristband area. When I showed usher my tix, he said, "wow, you got the good seats, you need to go back and get wristbands." I thought he was screwing with me. I almost had a heart attack. When I went back to table where tix were issued, they seemed a bit confused, like they might have pulled from wrong pile or pit tix got put in wrong stack. Either way, I just said, "please don't mess with me, because that usher just got my hopes extremely high." anyhow, they put wristbands on and said upgrade was compliments of the band. I went in the arena and immediately had to go have a cocktail as my wife and I were freaking out. Had an hour to kill before show would start (felt like forever). Pit was fantastic. Not overcrowded. Easy to get up front. Literally were 10-12' back form Mick's mic. Met another in pit who had been pulled and upgraded from a $400 seat. $85 tickets are a gamble, which made the day stressful waiting to see where we would end up sitting. But obviously, no complaints here..

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:17

So glad that IORR members are getting the golden tickets. Awesome! Keep those reports coming!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 3, 2013 21:28

from last Friday night, went to $85 will call at 8:15pm, nobody in line, walked up, they said "please stand over to the side" a woman from AEG then came over and hooked it up....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-03 21:29 by mnewman505.

Date: June 4, 2013 00:19

virgil
Krentist
virgil
Krentist

GA Pit means nothing. I had GA Pit and ended up on top of the arena.

Posted by: mba ()
Date: June 4, 2013 00:39

This question is for Wesleyman -- or anybody else in Toronto (or elsewhere) -- who got into the pit on May 25 (or into the pit for other shows). I was lucky enough to attend the May 25 show and had great seats. I am now on the $85 "list" for the June 6 show. I gather you get an e-mail that turns into a first come, first served process to get the $85 tickets. If you get them I gather you don't know where you are sitting until you actually pick them up.

My question is this....can the lucky $85 ticket recipients weigh in if their seats were good -- regardless of their location? I have a friend who may fly in from Atlantic Canada if I can score the $85 tickets. Appreciate the input.
MBA

Date: June 4, 2013 00:45

Quite a few $85 ticketholders have shared their experiences here. Some good, some not so much.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:24

Here's my Chicago #2 post on $85 PIT!
[www.reallifehusband.com]

Last night with my 15 year old son, we pulled section 234 CLUB LEVEL tix from our plain whit envelope!

The seats were unbelievably fine.
BTW, there were a number of 85's near us but the guys we sat next to paid $600!

Posted by: RockerMom ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:06

mba
This question is for Wesleyman -- or anybody else in Toronto (or elsewhere) -- who got into the pit on May 25 (or into the pit for other shows). I was lucky enough to attend the May 25 show and had great seats. I am now on the $85 "list" for the June 6 show. I gather you get an e-mail that turns into a first come, first served process to get the $85 tickets. If you get them I gather you don't know where you are sitting until you actually pick them up.

My question is this....can the lucky $85 ticket recipients weigh in if their seats were good -- regardless of their location? I have a friend who may fly in from Atlantic Canada if I can score the $85 tickets. Appreciate the input.
MBA

I had $85 tickets for Chicago #2. I never received any kind of email or directions for picking up the tickets. I called the United Center and they directed me to gate 5. It was very organized and there was no wait to pick up tickets. My seats were behind the stage on the third level so I couldn't see the video screen and basically saw the band's backs all night. The section we were placed in was not even sold on Ticketmaster so it was truly behind the stage although with the way the stage was set up you could see the band depending on where they were standing. The sound was ok but not great. Since it wasn't a section sold on Ticketmaster, everybody in it had the $85 tickets. On night #1 I was also in the 300 level but closer to the front of the stage and the sound was great. I had purchased that ticket on a secondary site for $125 on the afternoon of the show - substantially cheaper than face value.

So, the $85 tickets are truly a gamble. As far as I know, no additional $85 tickets were issued for the Chicago shows other than the original allotment on the day the show went on sale. However, seats on Ticketmaster and also at the box office were discounted substantially close to show time. Hope this helps.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home