Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:55

I apologize.. likely combining experiences. I called and emailed multiple venues out west and they used the 'throughout' in emails.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: May 22, 2013 17:28

tiffjagger
Halup
After having my suspicions in Anaheim that the Pit tickets were already predetermined and not random in the envelopes they were handing out, I confirmed tonight at Staples that that is the case.
Tonight, they had you approach the table based on the first letter of your last name. The alphabet was broken up into about 4 different groups at the table. I went up there and told them my last name. They had the clipboard with names laying flat on the table in front of them and I could see that on the page that includded my name, there was a thin column and that in that column there was the letter P in the box for maybe 5 or 6 people on that page. You either had that P next to your name or it was blank. I mentioned that to them, and try tried to deny that it referred to Pit, but I thought it was pretty obvious that P stood for Pit and if they saw that next to your name, they would hand you Pit tickets from somewhere other than the stack of envelopes that were sitting on the table. It seemed to me in Anaheim that this was the case and tonight confirmed it.
I agree. It seemed that they knew we had Pit tickets by the clipboard, not by what was in the envelope at Anaheim #2. All I know is that when they told us we had Pit tickets it felt like a dream and time stood still all at the same time. I wish I could bottle that feeling, it was wondeful.

If this is the case (i.e. pit tickets being pre-determined) ... can anyone who received pit tickets say what time they bought their tickets during the on-sale period? Would it still be random allocation for pit tickets, or any chance they gave them to those who bought $85's first?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 24, 2013 21:15

Air Canada Centre tweet about tomorrow's $85 pick ups:

There will be tables set up outside of our ticketing office and you will be able to pick up starting at 5pm. Enjoy the show!

[twitter.com]

How many of the IORR's with 85$ Tickets get the Pit?????
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: May 24, 2013 11:57

Hi
Please Post Here, if you Lucky to get a Pit Ticket for the 85$,And for which Show! And please,for how many Shows you get the 85$ Tickets. For all you like to go?

I try 85$ for Chicago 1-3, only got Vegas And Anaheim 1+2!
Me for myself are Lucky at Anaheim 2.!
Arena Entrance 8:45pm!!!!
Got the Wristband and had a Stand 2. Row Keith Side! And "Get Off Of My Cloud" begans!

THANK YOU LISA

Greetings from Germany and thanks to Eric (Hairball)
vintage stone

Re: How many of the IORR's with 85$ Tickets get the Pit?????
Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 24, 2013 13:36

I got one in Toronto, it was awesome! Oh no, that must have been in my dreams, show is only tomorrow!

Date: May 24, 2013 20:02

Hey, Not only read…please Post your Tickets experience!
Thank you.

Date: May 24, 2013 21:39

What did your tickets say? GA1/2/3 etc..

Date: May 24, 2013 22:33

Receipt says: Section Vouch, Row GA9, SEATS 79-80,

Ticket says: Section Pit, Row GA 6, Seat 6

But this is Not the Important Thing. On the List at Will Call Counter must be a P behind your Name. So you can come very Late…to get a couple.

Date: May 24, 2013 22:44

Receipt says: Section Vouch, Row GA9, SEATS 79-80,

Ticket says: Section Pit, Row GA 6, Seat 6
But this is Not the Important Thing. On the List at Will Call Counter must be a P behind your Name. So you can come very Late…to get a couple.

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:06

$85 tickets are completely random. I went with a group of 8 to Staples and we all had $85 tickets that said "PIT".

4/8 got 400-Level.
2/8 got 200-Level.
2/8 got Floor Seats.

I hope you get Pit. But be prepared for anything!

MGS

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 25, 2013 03:40

Alfonz
tiffjagger
Halup
After having my suspicions in Anaheim that the Pit tickets were already predetermined and not random in the envelopes they were handing out, I confirmed tonight at Staples that that is the case.
Tonight, they had you approach the table based on the first letter of your last name. The alphabet was broken up into about 4 different groups at the table. I went up there and told them my last name. They had the clipboard with names laying flat on the table in front of them and I could see that on the page that includded my name, there was a thin column and that in that column there was the letter P in the box for maybe 5 or 6 people on that page. You either had that P next to your name or it was blank. I mentioned that to them, and try tried to deny that it referred to Pit, but I thought it was pretty obvious that P stood for Pit and if they saw that next to your name, they would hand you Pit tickets from somewhere other than the stack of envelopes that were sitting on the table. It seemed to me in Anaheim that this was the case and tonight confirmed it.
I agree. It seemed that they knew we had Pit tickets by the clipboard, not by what was in the envelope at Anaheim #2. All I know is that when they told us we had Pit tickets it felt like a dream and time stood still all at the same time. I wish I could bottle that feeling, it was wondeful.

If this is the case (i.e. pit tickets being pre-determined) ... can anyone who received pit tickets say what time they bought their tickets during the on-sale period? Would it still be random allocation for pit tickets, or any chance they gave them to those who bought $85's first?

I bought my 85s for Anaheim #2 when the second batch was released. I think it was on a Saturday, April 27th? maybe,and I went throught a link someone posted on another Stones site. My receipt said GA1 seats 121-122. The tickets they gave me when we got our Pit passes said PIT GA4 seat 28.
To tell you the truth my brain went to mush when I got the first hint that we weren't getting regular tickets. I'm pretty sure the lady at the table with the tickets didn't even look in envelopes. It seemed like the info was on the clipboard. But my brain was whirling...still is actually.

Date: May 25, 2013 05:52

I believe everyone who has reported that the results were completely random. Thank you for telling us how your pre show ticket info correlated with the final result! Best of luck to all!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:02

flacnvinyl
I believe everyone who has reported that the results were completely random. Thank you for telling us how your pre show ticket info correlated with the final result! Best of luck to all!
They are completely random as far as the non pit tickets, but there seems to be enough evidence that pit tickets are randomly chosen in advance of anyone picking up their tickets and that the list with the ticket buyers names on it also lists who receives pit tickets, which are kept separate from the stacks of tickets sitting on tables. In this case, if you have won pit tickets, it makes no difference what time you show up to collect your tickets.

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 25, 2013 06:19

Jagger has decided two Pricing offerings for fans:

1. The Regular Stones - $150
2. The Stones with Taylor - $600

The problem is he says under choice #2 Taylor will have an "Expanded Roll" - when you mortgage your house and make it to the stadium on the verge of financial default, you realize Jagger will only play Taylor in two songs....

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 06:30

vintage stone
Hi
Please Post Here, if you Lucky to get a Pit Ticket for the 85$,And for which Show! And please,for how many Shows you get the 85$ Tickets. For all you like to go?

I try 85$ for Chicago 1-3, only got Vegas And Anaheim 1+2!
Me for myself are Lucky at Anaheim 2.!
Arena Entrance 8:45pm!!!!
Got the Wristband and had a Stand 2. Row Keith Side! And "Get Off Of My Cloud" begans!

THANK YOU LISA

Greetings from Germany and thanks to Eric (Hairball)
vintage stone
No, thank YOU, Detlef, for taking my sister's and my photo in Las Vegas, hanging with us, finding us in our seat area, giving me your email, keeping in touch, deciding to share your other Anaheim $85 with me, and to Eric for coming through on a third ticket for my friend, and for picking us up from the Orange County airport and spending 15 hours with me and Cheri, driving us from Newport Beach to Santa Monica Pier and back to Anaheim. Everything was unraveling in the last hours before--almost running out of gas on the freeways, you not being able to find your ID, not finding the $85 Will Call since they moved it, getting there without a minute to spare, and then...the best news--we got the PIT! It was nice to share it with you and I'll never for it. I hope you have a nice life! God bless! And send me the pics and videos if you can.

And thanks to BV who ultimately made this all happen with this website to make connections! Thanks, BV! God bless YOU!

Because of YOU two, this was my view! grinning smiley If I die now, don't cry for me, Argentina! grinning smiley I'm a happy girl! Adios!

Date: May 27, 2013 03:02

Just want to post about my $85 ticket experience from last night in Toronto. I lost the lottery and was stuck up in the 300's with a sideview ticket literally as far as you could go to the side, unable to see charlie watts even. However about 30 minutes before showtime they started to relocate, and moved my sister and I, who drove 7.5 hours from columbus, ohio to Section 1, Row 1, Seat 6-7. Front row of the floor. I literally started crying when I saw the tickets and realized I was going to get to see my favorite band, and my guitar idol keith, THAT @#$%& CLOSE. Thanks to the Stones for making my life. Here's to the same experience in Chicago on Tuesday!!!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 27, 2013 04:48

downrightdisgusted
Just want to post about my $85 ticket experience from last night in Toronto. I lost the lottery and was stuck up in the 300's with a sideview ticket literally as far as you could go to the side, unable to see charlie watts even. However about 30 minutes before showtime they started to relocate, and moved my sister and I, who drove 7.5 hours from columbus, ohio to Section 1, Row 1, Seat 6-7. Front row of the floor. I literally started crying when I saw the tickets and realized I was going to get to see my favorite band, and my guitar idol keith, THAT @#$%& CLOSE. Thanks to the Stones for making my life. Here's to the same experience in Chicago on Tuesday!!!

I guess our seats were not bad enough then to get relocated! Up in 319 as well, but given that I paid over $150 in Brooklyn for almost the same seats I was happy to be in the house again even though I was hoping for some better seats in the 85 lottery this time. Row 1, must have been amazing for you! Good to see some had luck. I don't understand why in North America they always put seats on the floor, back in Europe I always ended up first row or very close to the stage when it's GA for the whole floor, and the ambiance seems much better that way as well!

Posted by: stoggin ()
Date: May 27, 2013 05:32

Had 319 for Saturday. As soon the relocations started we moved down from the top and gradually got closer to the edge of the balcony. Told we couldnt be relocated but when the show started we could fill in any empty seat. Got front row right above the stage, not bad considering where we started

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 07:14

Got pit and was on the barrier on Keith's side. It was one of the greatest nights of my life smiling smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:42

Just checked Ticketmaster and $150 seats showed up that were not available for a long time so there may be hope for more $85s. Nosebleeds but in the house.

Date: May 27, 2013 23:42

downrightdisgusted

This is the first I've heard about 'relocating' $85'ers (but haven't been following the thread as closely since my (Las Vegas) show has passed. Indulge me if you all might, has this been happening throughout the tour?
Are the powers that be moving s*#t view sections en masse to better ones? THAT is a good will gesture if it's true!

Date: May 28, 2013 02:36

A few folks have reported a positive experience with being relocated by staff. I think it is rare just like pit tickets but is a joy to hear every time!

Date: May 28, 2013 05:00

They moved most of our section. We were as far to the side of the stage as you could possibly get. Even 6 seats to the left would have allowed me to actually see Charlie Watts. We met a few others on the floor who got relocated, but not anyone as close as we got. I asked before the show and they said there was nothing they could do, then someone showed up with a radio. Like I said, there were other nosebleed folks that didn't get moved, but I really would argure that anyone had worse seats than we had, as no one else was that far over behind the stage. .

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 28, 2013 06:34

My sister had $85 seats near the top of the nosebleeds for the May 20 LA show. They politely asked an usher if she could move them to better seats if they are available. About three songs in, they were moved one section over closer to the stage, and to the first row of the section. Still nosebleeds, but great seats. I think the point is, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 28, 2013 21:47

$85 drop for tonight's Chicago show doesn't look too promising. The dedicated link from the intial on-sale now defaults to the "regular" United Center ticket page.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Where's the Notification for those $85. Tickets?
Posted by: canuguessmyname ()
Date: May 28, 2013 20:59

Yeah, anyone know when we're suppose to get the notification? I signed up for all the Chicago shows, but haven't heard anything yet?

"Beauty is only skin deep, we're all the same underneath." (KR) Love Is Strong...

Re: Where's the Notification for those $85. Tickets?
Date: May 28, 2013 21:26

How is that going to work? What time is one notified? Do I have to be at the venue, or what?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 28, 2013 21:27

You haven't been following this blog, have you? That sign-up crap on RollingStones.com was total BS. As of this date no one has reported being notified by them through e-mail. The only official notification, I know of, was on Facebook for the very first concert in LA. After that, silence. It appears that putting more $85 tickets on sale the day before the show, or day of, ended during the Anaheim shows.

Also GA-PIT written on $85 tix was some kind of cruel joke, leading some to believe they had pit tickets when they were actually thrown up into LIMITED VIEW seats that were never offered for sale.

Date: May 28, 2013 21:40

Thanks for responding. I really could care less about the Pit, I'd rather be in the 300 section, Keefs side, but those $150, ($163 after fees)/ seats have never been up for sale, not for me anyway. Although, there are plenty of them at places like Stub Hub, Tickets Now, etc, (if one wants to pay inflated prices). Guess I can forget about this tour! I'd be wasting a ticket if I did get one of those $85. tics anyway, as I only need one.

Posted by: Shug ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:12

FirstTimeSeattle81
This is the first I've heard about 'relocating' $85'ers (but haven't been following the thread as closely since my (Las Vegas) show has passed. Indulge me if you all might, has this been happening throughout the tour?
Are the powers that be moving s*#t view sections en masse to better ones? THAT is a good will gesture if it's true!

I was at Anaheim #2 and was also in the worst seats in the house (very last seats in the very last row, almost behind the stage, couldn't see Charlie until the backdrop was removed a few songs in).

We heard from other fans that for Anaheim #1 the last three rows of some sections got moved down to the floor or at least to better seats. That did not happen for Anaheim #2. We asked multiple arena employees to be moved to better seats, but they all said "no". It looked like the show sold out that night or was very close. Hardly any empty seats.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home