Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 07:35

Anyone hear anything about $85 tickets going on sale today for Staples tomorrow night? If not, you think they'll release some tomorrow?

Posted by: seeh2o ()
Date: May 20, 2013 09:01

I sure hope so.

Posted by: cokemaster2003 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:39

Going tonight with $85 tickets. Hope Staples has figured out the will call situation the second time around. Question for anyone who has already gone to either Staples or elsewhere.......after you pick up the $85 tickets from will call, do you have to immediately enter the venue? Trying to get there early and then head back to the car to have a few before the show starts. Any info is much appreciated!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:59

Cokemaster: I did the $85 at Staples. You might have to wait a LONG time in line, and then after they give you the tickets you have to go in IMMEDIATELY. So, drink accordingly. Or, drink in line.

Posted by: cokemaster2003 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 20:11

Thanks for the info! Just called Staples and they have taken extra steps for tonight's show. Will call now opens at 5pm and they will have separate tables set up for the $85 tickets. Good news!

REQUEST FOR INFO ABOUT $85 TICS AT L.A.
Date: May 18, 2013 17:36

I'm looking for any information that any of you might have on how the $85 tickets drop on the web for the Staples Center in LA. As you may know, the sale is run not by Ticketmaster but a separate Staples vendor, AXS. I bought tickets via TM for Anaheim and I've seen several posts in other threads with links to TM's $85 page, but nothing for Staples and AXS.

If you have any info about AXS I'd love to hear it and I'm probably not the only one thinking last minute about seeing them ! smiling smiley smiling smiley

I'd like to ask specifically if anyone knows how they drop "out of cycle" , ie.. after the sale date has passed. Do they just show up at random times as an added buying option (cause right now you can buy all sorts of tickets for the concert, just like TM, but there is no $85 listed, just like TM). Or will it be a separate web link, like TM was using?

Any info out there?

Thanks to you all ahead of time, enjoy the music!!!

ROLLING STONES!!!!

Re: REQUEST FOR INFO ABOUT $85 TICS AT L.A.
Date: May 19, 2013 01:57

ANY INFO??

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:33

Link will be thru rollingstones.com if they become available.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:43

I am aware of one drop of the 85s on 5/2 (ie day before) around 3pm LA time and another on 5/3 at noon.

AXS had a separate web link that was used to buy 85s for both 5/3 and 5/20 show but that link is no longer valid:

[tickets.axs.com]

In my case, I randomly tried the link throughout the day on 5/2 and 5/3 until it suddenly worked around noon the day of the show.

Although a few $85 tickets seem to have been released for Anaheim, appears they are now implementing AEG's "re-scaling" strategy, where $450/$600 tickets are repriced randomly for $150 and/or $250. Assume they will create a new link for the 85s should they decide to sell more for the 5/20 show. Good luck.

Posted by: goodvibe61 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 21:31

I'll be keeping an eye out today as well. Definitely looking.

Posted by: goodvibe61 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 04:21

I've been looking around all day, off and on, for an 85 dollar link to show up.

I haven't seen anything. Nothing on their Facebook page; nothing on Twitter. I haven't received any emails.

It all seems to be pretty quiet on the western front.

Date: May 20, 2013 07:48

Hey thanks guys!!

Date: May 20, 2013 08:04

Yea I've been checking all day too, still waiting for an email, tweet, or Facebook announcement. Gonna post here as soon as hear something. You think since its the second show at Staples on Monday they'll have a lot of extra tickets to unload

Date: May 21, 2013 03:28

Staples/AXS is so greedy that now the nosebleed sections at the very top edge of the arena are $600. I can't believe it.

Date: May 21, 2013 03:32

Now those sections have disappeared, their website is like a moving target right now.

Date: May 21, 2013 03:34

They just released $150 tickets in section 214 and 219. Looks like there kinda behind the stage thou

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:16

After having my suspicions in Anaheim that the Pit tickets were already predetermined and not random in the envelopes they were handing out, I confirmed tonight at Staples that that is the case.
Tonight, they had you approach the table based on the first letter of your last name. The alphabet was broken up into about 4 different groups at the table. I went up there and told them my last name. They had the clipboard with names laying flat on the table in front of them and I could see that on the page that includded my name, there was a thin column and that in that column there was the letter P in the box for maybe 5 or 6 people on that page. You either had that P next to your name or it was blank. I mentioned that to them, and try tried to deny that it referred to Pit, but I thought it was pretty obvious that P stood for Pit and if they saw that next to your name, they would hand you Pit tickets from somewhere other than the stack of envelopes that were sitting on the table. It seemed to me in Anaheim that this was the case and tonight confirmed it.

Date: May 21, 2013 18:58

Was Staples packed last night? Did anybody get an $85 ticket the day before the concert, or on the day of? It seems as if that wasn't the case for the 2nd LA show. Anybody regulated to the LIMITED VIEW with their $85s?

Posted by: Shug ()
Date: May 21, 2013 20:11

I was at Anaheim night #2 with $85 tix. We got the last two seats in the very last row of section 429, which was almost behind the stage. When the curtain and lips were up we could not see Charlie at all. I asked the box office if they could move us and they told us the Stones management had told them to not exchange any $85 seats. Once the curtain rolled up we could see Charlie.

There were also rumours from fans that on Anaheim night #1 the last three rows of some sections had been moved to better seats or down into the pit. That did not happen on Anaheim #2.

At 7:00 PM, inside the arena, all tickets were still full price, none had been reduced as far as I can tell.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:42

June 6 Toronto, 85 dollar tickets here: [www.ticketmaster.ca]

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:58

Halup
After having my suspicions in Anaheim that the Pit tickets were already predetermined and not random in the envelopes they were handing out, I confirmed tonight at Staples that that is the case.
Tonight, they had you approach the table based on the first letter of your last name. The alphabet was broken up into about 4 different groups at the table. I went up there and told them my last name. They had the clipboard with names laying flat on the table in front of them and I could see that on the page that includded my name, there was a thin column and that in that column there was the letter P in the box for maybe 5 or 6 people on that page. You either had that P next to your name or it was blank. I mentioned that to them, and try tried to deny that it referred to Pit, but I thought it was pretty obvious that P stood for Pit and if they saw that next to your name, they would hand you Pit tickets from somewhere other than the stack of envelopes that were sitting on the table. It seemed to me in Anaheim that this was the case and tonight confirmed it.
I agree. It seemed that they knew we had Pit tickets by the clipboard, not by what was in the envelope at Anaheim #2. All I know is that when they told us we had Pit tickets it felt like a dream and time stood still all at the same time. I wish I could bottle that feeling, it was wondeful.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:51

Has anyone received an email for these shows for $85 tickets?

I keep track and watch this thread pretty closely, but maybe i missed it... I haven't heard of anyone receiving $85 ticket alerts through email. See below from the rollingstones.com if you are't sure what i'm referring to.

Please let us know if you have been emailed and what your experience was like. Many thanks! Go Stones!

Fans may now have a second opportunity to avail of the special $85 tickets, which sold out immediately when they first went on sale. Tickets will be available to fans to purchase at this price once production is loaded in and availability can be determined. Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena.

To be part of the special opportunity register here now! Be the first to know if these seats will be available for the show in your city. Notification will come the day of the show with sales on a first come basis:

[bit.ly]

Date: May 22, 2013 04:05

BustedButton
Has anyone received an email for these shows for $85 tickets?

I keep track and watch this thread pretty closely, but maybe i missed it... I haven't heard of anyone receiving $85 ticket alerts through email. See below from the rollingstones.com if you are't sure what i'm referring to.

Please let us know if you have been emailed and what your experience was like. Many thanks! Go Stones!

Fans may now have a second opportunity to avail of the special $85 tickets, which sold out immediately when they first went on sale. Tickets will be available to fans to purchase at this price once production is loaded in and availability can be determined. Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena.

To be part of the special opportunity register here now! Be the first to know if these seats will be available for the show in your city. Notification will come the day of the show with sales on a first come basis:

[bit.ly]

The answer is no. The $85 tickets have been a partial ripoff. They opened unsaleable sections behind the stage on opening night in LA and threw hundreds of people into them. A lucky few got pit tickets or floor. A lucky few.

Apparently they have also gone against their word by not offering any $85 tickets on the day of the second LA concert, yesterday. They also appear to have tightened up the Guest Services option by instructing them not to exchange any $85 losers for better seats.

The $85 seats are for the adventurous type who has the freedom to roam the arena, scoping out a better seat, thereby beating the system they put in place. They have also stopped alerts on Facebook that $85 tickets were now available. They appear to have only done this for the 1st concert in LA. There hasn't been any notifications for $85 tickets since the first concert. No e-mails alerts. No Facebook alerts. No exchanging turd tickets. It's the tightening of the screws....

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 22, 2013 04:42

For $85 you get in the door...pick up your random ticket and move on. People pay more than $85 to see a hockey game in the standing sections. Bigger things to worry about than feeling ripped off on an $85 ticket. You go into the show, buy a shirt, a drink, find your seat and hopefully you leave with a good memory.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:37

trainarollin
For $85 you get in the door...pick up your random ticket and move on. People pay more than $85 to see a hockey game in the standing sections. Bigger things to worry about than feeling ripped off on an $85 ticket. You go into the show, buy a shirt, a drink, find your seat and hopefully you leave with a good memory.

Most of us purchased the $85 seats when they were pitched as being 'throughout the arena'. Sounded great... Then the language changed to 'around the arena'... Subtle, but we now know what the means. Then the big kicker... They opened up no-view sections with no sound coverage, and started throwing $85ers up there.

Personally, if someone had shown me a seating chart and said, "For $85 you can either be in the worst seats in the joint, or have a 0.5% chance to score pit" I probably would have passed.

For the folks who sat in the upper deck at the smaller venues (Las Vegas is a great example), they will have a great time and be able to hear things fairly well. HOWEVER... with the upcoming gigs at Chicago's United Center, those seats are going to be TERRIBLE. The Stones will NOT augment their PA system. Bad seats with bad sound will be EVEN WORSE in the larger venues.

So yes, we will be in the door... but many of us would not have purchased tickets and made the drive in order to sit in an unsellable section!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:52

trainarollin

This has always been my feeling about the $85 tickets.

Mine were in the last row in Vegas. Fortunately I was able to move and had very good seats for the entire show.

Most likely there will be empty seats in the buildings for the rest of the tour. To those who get "stuck" high in the upper deck with their $85 tickets the simple solution is to MOVE to better seats.

Enjoy the shows everyone.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 22, 2013 05:58

M O V E ! you got to....
And keeping moving and dancing, and you'll never grow old

Date: May 22, 2013 06:03

Our $85 tickets in Las Vegas were $250 seats. We were close enough to really see Mick as he sang and danced by on his way to and from the tongue. No complaints here.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:10

Kurt landed great seats with his 85s. I just feel bad for those who end up in terrible and bad sounding seats. Ditch the screens and bring back the lotus stage! And do a massive PA pointed in all directions!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:39

flacnvinyl
Most of us purchased the $85 seats when they were pitched as being 'throughout the arena'. Sounded great... Then the language changed to 'around the arena'... Subtle, but we now know what the means.

"Around the arena" was used from the outset...see the initial post in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 15:40 by bye bye johnny.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home