Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 2, 2013 16:56

bye bye johnny

What a mess.

Careful...don't ruin the secret of their oft celebrated business model...

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 2, 2013 16:59

bye bye johnny
@doublenit - thanks for posting that e-mail.

So Ticketmaster is sending cancellation notices for orders exceeding a two ticket limit and confirming an eight ticket limit.

What a mess.

I'm surprised that nobody is fighting their cancellation. Has anyone that had a cancellation contacted Ticketmaster? I know I certainly would in that event.

It still says an eight ticket limit on the Anaheim pages.

There is a 8 ticket limit. There is a 4 ticket limit on the Tongue Pit Package. Anyone orders exceeding the enforced ticket limits for this event will be cancelled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 17:02 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 2, 2013 18:21

I ordered ten tickets for the Boston show and as of this writing they are all still valid. A CS agent told me they were doing the audit on April 25th and the cancellations would have been done before the 26th which is the first day I could print out my tickets at a retail store.

Also, if you print out your tickets at a retail store, not all of them print out on the hard ticket stock. I went to a Walmart and they printed on what looked like thin register paper that you would get from the grocery store.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 2, 2013 20:48

CindyC - I'm intrigued by your 'print the tickets at a retail store' comments. I'm sure lots of us want to know if by doing this it gives any indication of seat location??

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2013 21:43

Retail location pick-up is an option for regular tickets. $85's are Will Call only.

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 2, 2013 22:00

I suspect there will be a lot of conversations like this day of show at ticket window: " The $85 seats are gone, but I have a great pair of $250s in the lower loge." Some will walk away, others will pull out the plastic and say " I didn't spend 2 hrs in the car not to go, here ya go."

+1

I'm just grateful to the folks willing to be guinea pigs for the first couple shows, who hopefully will let us know how this all goes!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 2, 2013 22:47

virgil
On RS.com where it describes the $85 ticket policy it has no reference whatsoever about limits.

On the ticketmaster $85 dollar page it has (click ? for important restrictions). When you do, a little instruction box pops up, that says tickets will be sold only in pairs. No limits listed,Nothing about Households so I bought two pairs.

Also on the bottom of the $85 page Clearly visible it states that:
There is an (8) ticket limit for the general public onsale

Myself and everbody else who bought these tickets were during the General Public onsale. I also bought a pair of 250's for back up which makes a total of 6 bought during the General on public sale well under the stated 8 limit.

Are there any Civil Attorneys posting on IORR? Maybe they can clearify this issue.
///

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 2, 2013 23:30

DEmerson
CindyC - I'm intrigued by your 'print the tickets at a retail store' comments. I'm sure lots of us want to know if by doing this it gives any indication of seat location??

Sorry, if I misled you, I was talking about regular tickets, not the $85 ones. The regular tickets had an 8 ticket limit, the $85 were a two ticket limit.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 2, 2013 23:53

CindyC
DEmerson

Sorry, if I misled you, I was talking about regular tickets, not the $85 ones. The regular tickets had an 8 ticket limit, the $85 were a two ticket limit.

If someone wants to buy more than 8 $600 tickets, they are not able to do that because of a limit????

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 3, 2013 01:04

More $85 tickets for tomorrow's opening night show have just been released!
[www.rollingstones.com] #Stones50 #LosAngeles @STAPLESCenter

@RollingStones

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 3, 2013 01:12

Looks like sold out as at 3:12 pm PDT?

Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: May 3, 2013 01:14

I tried the moment they went on sale so either it's not working again or they sold out in seconds

Date: May 3, 2013 01:27

keep trying

Date: May 3, 2013 01:30

I got em! The links working now!

Date: May 3, 2013 01:33

Hmmmm. I'm really of two minds on this strategy. It's cool of them to offer the $85 and scalpers will take a bath; OTOH a lot of fans are going to pay the overinflated prices. :^/

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 3, 2013 01:33

Those of you who had success, are your ticket sections/rows/seats similar to the last batch?

Date: May 3, 2013 01:40

My receipt says "GA PIT 5," which obviously means nothing. As with life in general, assume the worst ...

ADD: Many thanks to Bye Bye Johnny, by the way, for the info

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-03 01:50 by DeanGoodman.

Date: May 3, 2013 01:41

Yeah mine says GA PIT 5 as well

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: May 3, 2013 02:11

Mine says ga pit 5 as well. So that is meaningless? Darn!

Posted by: eddiefm ()
Date: May 3, 2013 02:38

GA PIT - 5?? we just got them....... I wonder how that affects the registered ones we signed up for a few days ago.

We got the tickets!!!! $85!!! WE ARE STOKED OUT OF OUR MINDS.... WE DON'T EVEN CARE IF THEY ARE THE WORST POSSIBLE NOSEBLEEDS. IT'S THE STONES... AND I CALLED ALL MY FRIENDS SO THEY WERE ABLE TO GRAB A PAIR TOO!!! 8 FRIENDS THAT LOVE THE STONES... going to see the Stones open tomorrow!!! HECK YES!!!!

All of our confirmations say GA-PIT.... who knows what that means.... WE just know we were holding out, doing everything we could to avoid the scalpers....WE beat the scalpers... for once... so excited.... so excited!!!

Staples center it's on... how will we fall asleep tonight?!?!!?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-03 02:41 by eddiefm.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 3, 2013 02:41

eddiefm
We got the tickets!!!! $85!!! WE ARE STOKED OUT OF OUR MINDS.... WE DON'T EVEN CARE IF THEY ARE THE WORST POSSIBLE NOSEBLEEDS. IT'S THE STONES... AND I CALLED ALL MY FRIENDS SO THEY WERE ABLE TO GRAB A PAIR TOO!!! 8 FRIENDS THAT LOVE THE STONES... going to see the Stones open tomorrow!!! HECK YES!!!!

All of our confirmations say GA-PIT.... who knows what that means.... WE just know were holding out, doing everything we could to avoid the scalpers....WE beat the scalpers... for once... so excited.... so excited!!!

Staples center it's on... how will we fall asleep tonight?!?!!?!?!

congrats! it will be a great show! i hope everyone gets 85 dollar tickets...

Date: May 3, 2013 02:45

did I mention we are stoked out of our minds?!?!! Hahahaahaa
I'm a younger fan.... my first concert ever was Steel Wheels...
And I'm excited b/c my girlfriend loves the stones just as much as me
we dance every few nights in our apartment together to their vinyls.
I've got some pretty awesome Stones vinyls. She's from Germany.
This will be her first time seeing them. We just can't stop jumping up and down.
No joke....

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

I stayed up last night reading this forum for 5 hours trying to figure out anything and everything to get affordable tickets for tomorrow.... luckily I've been getting their tweets with notification on my phone.... I love Ronnie Wood's tweets lately.
Kinda wondering if it will be Slash and Rod Stewart, and who else will be there tomorrow? STOKED!!!! it's the rolling stones.... yaaaa!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 3, 2013 02:50

I don't understand why they issue $85 tickets with placeholder GA-PIT, they should have called them just GA or TBD, that way expectations would be lower and the surprise bigger for the few that might get good seats. Obviously there won't be thousands of these tickets in the PIT.

Date: May 3, 2013 04:41

Thrilled for you EddieFM!! have a great time - looking way forward to the reports!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 3, 2013 04:54

Anyone who bought more than one PAIR of $85 seats deserves to have them cancelled.

Signed: The fans who couldn't buy them due to your combination of ignorance,
greed and selfishness.

Your failure to click on the rules cost others an opportunity.

Posted by: bigvin1 ()
Date: May 3, 2013 05:10

MisterDDDD
Anyone who bought more than one PAIR of $85 seats deserves to have them cancelled.

Signed: The fans who couldn't buy them due to your combination of ignorance,
greed and selfishness.

Your failure to click on the rules cost others an opportunity.

Oh come on! You should have got on faster or bought more expensive seats! Don't blame other people for your mistake.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 3, 2013 05:19

I got $85 seats for all venues that I wanted.

I was speaking for those that didn't.

Save the "playing stupid" act for TM.

Anyone that wasn't aware of the two ticket rule, was willfully so or just
ignorant. Either way, play by the same rules we all play buy, or lose 'em.

Date: May 3, 2013 05:34

DUDE! WE ARE STILL JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!!!! HELL Yeah STONES TICKETS !!!

YOU GET WUT U NEED!!! dude we are cracking out the vinyls and partying in the hills till tomorrow's show... analog baby !!! smiling smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 3, 2013 06:35

eddiefm
DUDE! WE ARE STILL JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!!!! HELL Yeah STONES TICKETS !!!

YOU GET WUT U NEED!!! dude we are cracking out the vinyls and partying in the hills till tomorrow's show... analog baby !!! smiling smiley

HECK YA brotha! And the audio technica turntable in your hands is among the finest in the land. I have mine at my studio along with a classic arcade setup. Will be listening to the setlist a few seconds behind you as it happens!

Can't wait to hear the reports!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 3, 2013 07:06

The Stones are masters at ripping off their fans.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home