Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
THE STONES 2013
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 6, 2013 06:28

Pay up & travel if you want to go.

Don't shell out and don't go if you don't want to see them.

Pretty simple really.

Re: THE STONES 2013
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 6, 2013 06:48

Yeah, but we're still going to bitch about it, or act like kids who just heard the ice cream truck coming.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 6, 2013 07:08

I prefer to be the kid who buys ice cream every day, making the ice cream man insanely wealthy, who then starts charging $600 for a push pop, regardless of flavor.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:32

flacnvinyl
I prefer to be the kid who buys ice cream every day, making the ice cream man insanely wealthy, who then starts charging $600 for a push pop, regardless of flavor.

And to anyone who says, "But this might be the last chance I'll ever have to have another push pop" I say, "So?"

I also don't really believe it's your last chance. They're going to keep playing sporadic, over-priced gigs like this until the wheels fall off.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:52

Hmm, - wondering if there will be any European tour..?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:09

noughties

Of course there will be, they could/will contnue doing these short spurts (20 shows) for $80 million per spurt for as long as "enough" people are willing to pay $600 per ticket to sell out arenas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 16:12 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:11

Max'sKansasCity
noughties

Of course there will be, they could/will contnue doing these short spurts (20 shoes) for 80 million per spurt for as long as "enough" people are willing to pay $600 per ticket.

As you've noted in another thread...in a few years $600 will seem like a bargoon.

Date: April 6, 2013 16:14

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
noughties

Of course there will be, they could/will contnue doing these short spurts (20 shoes) for 80 million per spurt for as long as "enough" people are willing to pay $600 per ticket.

As you've noted in another thread...in a few years $600 will seem like a bargoon.

I said to some people the $200.00 springsteen is charging might seem like a bargain, it wont be a bargain for me. I would say $50-60 would be a bargain/fair price.... and they make 8 million Dollars for 1 month worth of work... I might even say $120.00 per ticket is an ok price.... and they make 16 million in a month for 20 shows.

But again, if people are willing to pay $600.00-$1,500 per ticket, why shouldnt they charge that?

Bargain is all relative... some people in this world think paying $290,000 for a signed album cover is a bargain....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 16:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:28

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
noughties

I said to some people the $200.00 springsteen is charging might seem like a bargain, it wont be a bargain for me. I would say $50-60 would be a bargain/fair price.... and they make 8 million Dollars for 1 month worth of work... I might even say $120.00 per ticket is an ok price.... and they make 16 million in a month for 20 shows.

But again, if people are willing to pay $600.00-$1,500 per ticket, why shouldnt they charge that?

Bargain is all relative... some people in this world think paying $290,000 for a signed album cover is a bargain....

I'd pay $600 to see the 1981 tour again. That would be a bargain.
This version of the band though...it seems nostalgia fueled.

Isn't it a bit like paying a bunch of money to see McEnroe and Borg hit a few balls again? Crap. They probably charge $800 a ticket. Nevermind.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:31

Given I can pull up just about any seat/pit type for any U.S shows that have been on general sale for 24hrs on Ticketmaster it seems the pricing model may be....broken?

Seems the public have gone "stop, we'll think about this"....rather than just diving in?

Date: April 6, 2013 16:32

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
noughties

Isn't it a bit like paying a bunch of money to see McEnroe and Borg hit a few balls again? Crap. They probably charge $800 a ticket. Nevermind.

Borg- resistance is futile.

Date: April 6, 2013 16:33

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
noughties

Munich, you're unbelievable...you cannot be serious?!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:44

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
noughties

That's what this thing feels like.
Still...I got up to the point of purchase at Oakland and San Jose for decent seats around $150.

If Dallas gets announced...well lets just say...anyone for Tennis?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:49

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
noughties

That's what this thing feels like.
Still...I got up to the point of purchase at Oakland and San Jose for decent seats around $150.

If Dallas gets announced...well lets just say...anyone for Tennis?

wouldn't that be nice?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:50

They played better in December than they did in nostalgia fueled or not.

Date: April 6, 2013 16:51

slew

it was 1972 all over again if you closed your eyes...and ears.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:52

Max'sKansasCity

It is. When Ringo and Paul have passed on, the buyer of that album will probably be able to resell it for $1 million. You can't make a profit on the memories of the Stones concerts you've attended, unless you're a professional journalist of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 16:53 by tatters.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:57

Oops I left out that in December they played better than they did in 1981 and 1981 is still my favorit tour because of nostalgia it was the first time I saw the band I sat in the fifth row center stage and had a blast. When I listen to the recordings I have now of 1981-82 they far exceeded that in December 2012.

Date: April 6, 2013 16:59

GRNRBITW
slew

I thought it was deja vu all over again?

Date: April 6, 2013 16:59

slew
Oops I left out that in December they played better than they did in 1981 and 1981 is still my favorit tour because of nostalgia it was the first time I saw the band I sat in the fifth row center stage and had a blast. When I listen to the recordings I have now of 1981-82 they far exceeded that in December 2012.

no offense....but.....YIKES!

Date: April 6, 2013 17:02

GRNRBITW
slew

no offense....but.....YIKES!

Think about it, Lady Gaga wasn't even born then...how could they've been better?

Date: April 6, 2013 17:02

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
slew

maybe for that little show in paris...i heard that was good vuing...

Date: April 6, 2013 17:04

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
slew

how come texas gets all the good shows?

Date: April 6, 2013 17:06

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
slew

cos we're armed and dangerous....you don't mess with texas....ain't you learned that?

Date: April 6, 2013 17:07

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
slew

cos we're armed and dangerous....you don't mess with texas....ain't you learned that?

is it true what they do down there in texas is that really true?

Date: April 6, 2013 17:43

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
slew

is it true what they do down there in texas is that really true?

can't say for sure...i'm too scared to leave my bunker to find out.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 6, 2013 18:10

Did everyone get what they needed on Wednesday?

Date: April 6, 2013 18:13

uhbuhgullayew

I had plenty of free air, some good water, beers, good food and...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 6, 2013 18:15

uhbuhgullayew

Is Wyman signed on for the tour? Do we know how many songs they'll let Taylor do? You know where this is going.

Date: April 6, 2013 18:15

uhbuhgullayew

i ate the bread that i kneaded if that counts...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home