Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:44

rebelrebel
BowieStone

Me too, man. Frustrating thing is I might just upgrade and pay even more to these lying cons.

Interesting he has stopped offering an upgrade in replies now. I was only offered a downgrade or a refund. I definitely won't downgrade - I'm far too old to be standing in the same spot for over six hours waiting so it's Tier 2 or a refund. I've asked how many people will be in Tier 2 to help decide. If I can get a straight answer I'll pass it on.

He didn't offer it to me also, at first. But I asked him and he told me I could do what I wished for: upgrade/downgrade/refund. He wants to do everything to please The Stones fans.
That is except for giving us what we paid for of course.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:44

rubyT
and now they sell a package with tier 2 and restaurant

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Yes, I was puzzling over that a while ago.
If you book the 12 noon seating do you then get to enter the venue before the 2AM GA opening time?
And why is the post-show seating more expensive than the rest - just because you get all the leftover wine?

It's a mystery

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:47

I'll take (Tier 2 in my case) in his configuration for the price of Tier 3, and that's my best offer.

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:48

DartfordRenegade
So much for it being sold out GA Tier 3 tickets back on sale tonight at the BST link

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]
I tried this and booked two tickets at a total of GBP 239 just now!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:49

I understand what people were concerned about but AEG have offered to solve the problem. What are people complaining about now?

If you're not happy with the situation, get a full refund.

If you would have bought a different tier ticket based on what you now know, take up the offer and upgrade / downgrade as you wish.

They are complying with UK law, no doubt on advice of their lawers, and offering to exchange for different goods or refund the ticket. If they weren't in the wrong by having confusing descriptions, they wouldn't even be offering this. (I think possibly they are offering more than they have to in order to make up for their mistake.)

I bought the GA £95 ticket on the basis of official RS tweets etc that all GA ticket holders would have cance of getting to front if they get there early enough. This was clearly announced before the sale.

If you are too old now to run to the front of the stage and stay there, I would suggest upgrading to Tier 1 tickets. Clearly the advantage here is that you can come and go as you please. And it's not a bad position. If you can't afford to do that, either put up with T2 or get your money back.

If you fancy your chances though, and don't mind queuing for hours and staying on pitch for hours, I'd downgrade to GA.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:51

nobodyimportant
I'll take (Tier 2 in my case) in his configuration for the price of Tier 3, and that's my best offer.

That's the spirit!! My thoughts exactly.
We should ALL ask for that!
I think We're entitled to it.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:52

Topi
That was my intention as well when getting the Tier 2. Oh well. It's either biting the bullet here or downgrading. Gotta admit you kinda feel let down. This also means even the Bon Jovi customers were "deceived" the same way.

No, Bon Jovi fans will get what they paid for. Their tickets are clearly named Diamond and Gold Circles with the same descriptions that our Tier tickets had at the point of sale. Now of course our descriptions have changed and they are placing the emphasis on the hospitality side of it. But I didn't purchase a hospitality package, I purchased a standard £200 Tier 2 ticket because it said it would provide closer access to the stage than general admission - an outright lie.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:52

sjs12
I bought the GA £95 ticket on the basis of official RS tweets etc that all GA ticket holders would have cance of getting to front if they get there early enough. This was clearly announced before the sale.

Uh-uh. This was announced after the pre-sale had commenced and after many people - including myself - had bought tickets for what they thought were FOS tiers.

For clarity:

This was announced at 6:22 PM - 4 Apr 13.

I bought my tickets 4 hours prior to that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 23:55 by CaledonianGonzo.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:58

They have lied. Plain and simple .

Posting this crazy layout map after everyone bought tickets from a false description is just ........fraud IMO.

The capture from their site above clearly states that tier 1 offers access to THE area DIRECTLY IN FRONT of the stage. Tier 2 offers access to AN area CLOSER TO THE STAGE THAN GENERAL ADMISSION...........I would like to see how they can justify this outrageous deceit .BASTARDS

sc uk

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:59

In the end, seems we´re fisted...good..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:00

sjs12

Not before the various presales, it wasn't. And it doesn't alter the fact that the descriptions of each tier were blatantly misleading.

Date: April 6, 2013 00:01

CaledonianGonzo
sjs12

Uh-uh. This was announced after the pre-sale had commenced and after many people - including myself - had bought tickets for what they thought were FOS tiers.

For clarity:

In addition it did not contradict the Bon Jovi set up which people had every reason to think would remain in place given that the Stones were performing the very next day and the descriptions for Bon Jovi DC/GC/GA and Stones Tier1/2/3 tickets were identical.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:03

CaledonianGonzo
sjs12

For clarity:

OK, I was talking from my perspective there - ie that I bought my tickets with that knowledge. I would be pissed off if I had bought T1 or T2 tickets and THEN found that out. I want to be offered the opportunity to change what I'd bought to T3.

You now have that opportunity, plus the additional options to upgrade or get a full refund. To those with T2 tickets, they now have the opportunity to buy T3 at their liesure, even if they only bought T2 tickets in the first place because they couldn't get T1!

Now hopefully you can "get what you need", though maybe not what you want! Good luck with it.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:07

rebelrebel
So the words "directly in front of the stage" has shifted from Tier 1 to Tier 3, which now only promises an "excellent view"!

that's the main point: they have changed the description now that we've bought our Tier 1 or 2 tickets

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:09

For Bon Jovi, the "Diamond" description still says "directly in front of the stage". Well, depends on the angle, I guess..sheesh.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

with sssoul
belo99
ON BST Webside now:
Tier 1 tickets provide:
Separate fast track entrance to the site
Direct access to The Garden, an exclusive area with its own toilet facilities, bar and food stalls, providing the shortest possible queues
Access to an enclosed area with an excellent view of the main stage and plenty of space, allowing you to come and go as you please

Tier 2 tickets provide:
Direct access to The Garden, an exclusive area with its own toilet facilities, bar and food stalls, providing the shortest possible queues
Access to an enclosed area directly behind Tier 1 with an excellent view of the main stage and plenty of space, allowing you to come and go as you please

If that's what the "plain vanilla" tier 1 and tier 2 offer,
what does the extra 100 GBP get for people who got the "Upside Downstage" variant or whatever it's called?

It's a mystery

Now? Nothing! That was before the back pedaling and changing of terms but who cares, they're sold out anyway!

Glad I put all these captures in the first post in any case! Need to update with Rog's latest scribble !

So has anyone been able to confirm with ol' Rog whether we are indeed being offered a FULL refund, not a refund minus frontgate fees and delivery? If I do decide to go it would be GA and will call, not interested in paying £30 for shipping in these conditions.

As a side note, I wonder where the "band tickets" (i.e. the tickets for the "entourage" sold through Shelley Lazar) are going to be located, T1 ?, not sure that's going to make the usual suspects happy...but that's another story!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 00:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()

sjs12
Now hopefully you can "get what you need", though maybe not what you want! Good luck with it.

Cheers - though as it stands I've not recieved a response from Rob Hallett and so am currently saddled with two extortionate yet unfloggable T1 tickets that sequester me into worthless, tw@t-shaped, stageside ghetto.

OK - I exaggerate for effect. But not by bl00dy much.

Date: April 6, 2013 00:23

with sssoul
belo99
ON BST Webside now:
Tier 1 tickets provide:
Access to an enclosed area with an excellent view of the main stage and plenty of space, allowing you to come and go as you please

Tier 2 tickets provide:
Access to an enclosed area directly behind Tier 1 with an excellent view of the main stage and plenty of space, allowing you to come and go as you please

If that's what the "plain vanilla" tier 1 and tier 2 offer,
what does the extra 100 GBP get for people who got the "Upside Downstage" variant or whatever it's called?

It's a mystery

They are not customer friendly, not because they do not want to satisfy their customers, but because they do not have a clue what the real fans (who bought tier 1 & 2) want for their money: rock´n roll, quite close, with a very good view and no problems if you leave your good spot.

Inspite they think "old r´n r fans" are just pleased to be there with good food, drinks, facilities and easy going atmosphere....the "event" is more important than the RS show. The "ordinary folks" and fans with small money should run and keep staying in those good places for 8 hours without moving and those fans who can afford it will get a lot of extras for the money, but not what they really want.Trying to please everybody without knowing, in order to make as much money as possible.

Unrealistic marketing strategy!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:25

Sorry but a refund or upgrade is NOT the point here. The point is that the tickets were MISDESCRIBED. This is potentially a CRIMINAL OFFENCE.

YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says that goods should be (among other things):

As described - goods should correspond with any description applied to them. This could be verbally, words or pictures on a sign, packaging or an advert.

Misrepresentation - Common Law

If you have been told something factual about goods that made you decide to buy them, but which turns out to be untrue, then they have been misrepresented to you. Common Law may protect you. If in doubt, get some advice.

Trade Descriptions Act 1968

Sometimes, if a trader makes a misrepresentation about goods, a criminal offence might be committed under this Act.

example: a market trader tells you that a jacket he is selling is 100% leather. Because of this, you buy it, but then discover it is made from PVC. The goods were misdescribed to you, and you can ask for your money back. You should also report it to Trading Standards for investigation under the Trade Descriptions Act

Date: April 6, 2013 00:41

Beast
Sorry but a refund or upgrade is NOT the point here. The point is that the tickets were MISDESCRIBED. This is potentially a CRIMINAL OFFENCE.

YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says that goods should be (among other things):

As described - goods should correspond with any description applied to them. This could be verbally, words or pictures on a sign, packaging or an advert.

Misrepresentation - Common Law

If you have been told something factual about goods that made you decide to buy them, but which turns out to be untrue, then they have been misrepresented to you. Common Law may protect you. If in doubt, get some advice.

Trade Descriptions Act 1968

Sometimes, if a trader makes a misrepresentation about goods, a criminal offence might be committed under this Act.

example: a market trader tells you that a jacket he is selling is 100% leather. Because of this, you buy it, but then discover it is made from PVC. The goods were misdescribed to you, and you can ask for your money back. You should also report it to Trading Standards for investigation under the Trade Descriptions Act

Agree 100%

sc uk

Date: April 6, 2013 00:46

True - they gave misleading information.

But the other point is their offer to upgrade:
I wonder how they would manage the situation - for security reasons - if most of the tier 2 ticket holders would choose the "sold out" tier 1 section. Make it a little bigger..??...like a circle in front of the stage...good idea...but a little bit late...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 00:50 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: April 6, 2013 00:50

The only crumb of comfort is the thought of re selling leeches panicking as they see their "VIP" tickets turn to sh*t .

sc uk

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:51

They would have to make the Tier 1 area bigger I guess (and Tier 2 smaller).

This is so F**ked up situation. I still can't believe how this is turning out.

Changing the descriptions of the tickets after the concert is sold out, how desrepctful is that!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:52

It's sad. There is a "front row" community. Some of those people did not buy tickets because their "old fashioned" way they love to enjoy the Stones (run in at front row) seemed not to be possible. Now it is possible (the twitter thing came out after prepresale), okay some will get tickets, but some already bought Tier 2. And some who like more comfort also did buy Tier 2, but it's not the way they were promised. It's absolutely sad. You can't change it now. Fences like the Bon Jovi thing... what is with the GA people who also got a promise? Refund or for example Tier 2 for the price of Tier 3 is a way. Or upgrade to Tier 1 without costs. There is still space for luxury packages (so nooo packeges available for that gig). Refund is okay for fans who live in London or not far away, but not for those who booked flights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 00:55 by mariannerl.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:54

This sucks. I bought a Tier 1 ticket for the same reason, as most of you - to be in front of the stage, separated from the tier 2 and tier 3 people farther back.

I thank you all for raising hell with AEG and the Stones about this.

Unfortunately, the Stones and AEG have now made statements that would make it very difficult (impossible?) for them to deliver what they promised to Tier 1 and 2 purchasers - and also deliver what they more recently promised to Tier 3 holders.

I'll wait another couple days, but unless they find a much better answer for Tier 1, then I'll cancel.

I went to all five Grrr concerts last year and the last nine Stones concerts (Slane and 3 O2 in 2007) - and was planning to go to both Hyde Park concerts and at least seven in the USA. Now, I'm thinking screw AEG and the Stones. I wasted a lot of time getting my Tier 1 ticket. I do not accept outright lying! Most likely, it's BYE to live Rolling Stones concerts and on to other interests. Well, almost, I'm sure I'll go to the Las Vegas concert(s), but that may be it!

Date: April 6, 2013 00:56

ThroughTheLonelyNights
True - they gave misleading information.

But the other point is their offer to upgrade:
I wonder how they would manage the situation - for security reasons - if most of the tier 2 ticket holders would choose the "sold out" tier 1 section. Make it a little bigger..??...like a circle in front of the stage...good idea...but a little bit late...

They would make the Tier 1 section bigger I guess. It's not as if they've provided measurements or numbers. They'll know well before the show what they need to do.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:58

My further reply to Rob Hallett, following his response to my original e-mail (on page 6 of this thread) .........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Hallett,

Thank you for your reply, but I think you have missed the point – or at least you have not addressed my particular point of concern. Also, in as much I am in contact obviously with other friends and aggrieved fans, I do note that your reply was a stock response sent out to absolutely all complainants.

I take note of your careful choice of words, now describing the Tier 1 ticket area as being “close to the stage”, as opposed to how it was described on the BST website through which I bought a £399 ticket. That description was clear, “GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage”. indeed, the diagram you attached to your response illustrates perfectly well that the location of the Tier 1 area is in fact actually offset to the side of the stage, hence - not as described.

In this respect, I wish for nothing less than precisely what I paid for, as also do legions of fans that bought Tier 1 tickets – based on the information on the webpage at the point and time of purchase. Just in case you see fit to conveniently overlook precisely what that information was, I take this opportunity of reminding you: It was as follows:

Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar Package with GA Tier 1 access (access to the area directly in front of the stage)
Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar Package with GA Tier 2 access (access to an area closer to the stage than general admission)

I simply desire therefore, as do countless other Tier 1 and Tier 2 ticket holders, an assurance from AEG that the layout on the day of the event will be as described at the time the ticket(s) were purchased. Belatedly coming up with a site layout diagram, not to mention alterations to the wording of the descriptions of precisely what money buys what (in terms of the all critical location relative to the stage) some 48 hours after a great many people bought their Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets in the presales, unfortunately speaks volumes about AEG’s lack of professionalism as regards promoting and putting on an event such as this.

How difficult can it be to cordon off an area “dead centre” directly in front of the stage for Tier 1 ticket holders, and also providing them with a separate entry/exit point. It’s simply a matter of using barriers, nothing more complicated than that ? I would urge AEG to consider addressing this issue by such means for example, because if not – I would think it highly probable that any number of aggrieved ticket holders will be only too happy over forthcoming days and weeks to seek further recourse through legal channels and/or the media, the latter for the express purpose of giving AEG (and to lesser extent the Rolling Stones) as much negative publicity as possible. Quite frankly, at the present moment, I am so inclined myself. The situation is by any standards one that can only be described as scandalous, and to date – barrages of complaints do not in all fairness appear to be eliciting the appropriate response from AEG !!

If you wish to gauge the strength of feeling among Rolling Stones fans that hold Tier 1 or Tier 2 tickets and who feel as if they have effectively been deceived (for want of a better word), may I please refer you to this particular thread on the message board of IORR.ORG, one of the more prominent and well known fan sites. Here is the link:

[www.iorr.org]

I would strongly urge you to read through it all, and carefully digest its content.

I await your further reply.

Regards

Paul

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: beepee2 ()

I'm not English. How should we write a formal complaint and to who ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

Nice research Beast, so it seems we are entitled to ask for a refund (which they are offering, with or without fees/shipping that remains to be seen) and they can be "reported to the Trading Standards for investigation under the Trade Descriptions Act"...and that's the end of it.

Now I suppose they don't want to risk having people reporting them to the Trading Standards but what can they offer so that this doesn't happen since T3's were bought on the promise that they could access the front (RS Twitter and BST site now) ? They could have kept the Bon Jovi setup (assuming that doesn't change as well since Rob Allett states the Stones setup is "the same as any other gig", at the BST Festival I suppose since there are many gigs with a Golden Circle between the stage and GA) but with the final map now published on the BST site that's ruled out.

A simple refund isn't enough to "barter" a deal since that's the law, maybe a FREE upgrade to T1 for T2 holders maybe (not offered at this point)? But what can they give T1+Unwind holders to negotiate a deal, set up some kind of area of maybe 5 rows between GA and the stage?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 02:03 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2013 01:05

Thanks Paulywaul for speaking for us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home