Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 09/04
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:05

CalGonz
I agreed to a downgrade to T3 tickets and a refund 24 hours ago but haven't heard anything yet.

Sent a chaser to AEG a while back, but still no response.

Still - at least AEG responded. I still haven't heard a dicky bird from Front Gate tickets.

Which email did you use for AEG? Did you contact Frontgate via the email form on their site : [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com] ? That's the one bartfrombrussels used apparently and he got a it taken care of yesterday. It looks like they want the order number there though and he said they'd asked for it in a subsequent email so maybe he contacted them differently originally...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:16

BowieStone
Sixsixseveneight
BowieStone
ClaireR
As I previously mentioned I contacted AEG/BST about confirmation on the exact location of Tier 2 and what "guaranteed a position close to the stage" (as in the updated descriptionon the website) actually meant, and I have just got the following reply from AEG...

The production information hasn’t been finalised yet so I can’t give you the exact distance from the stage to Tier 2, however It is in a position to receive a good view of the stage and not just the screens.

Not sure if that helps but its a start...

I'll be going for tier 1 or 2 again for the july 13 show.
It might not be as bad as we think.
But I'm probably comforting myself.

This perfectly sums up the stupidity and snobiness of this site.

Thank you. Your kind words are appreciated.

If I see on july 6 that I will be having a rather good view than I will be disappointed that I would have GA tickets for the week after.

I used to wait hours and hours for a show, but I don't feel like that anymore. And I think a decent spot for £199 has more value than standing completely at the back with horrible sound and view for £95.

and please, let's not forget: flushable toilets.

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:17

gotdablouse
Which email did you use for AEG? Did you contact Frontgate via the email form on their site : [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com] ? That's the one bartfrombrussels used apparently and he got a it taken care of yesterday. It looks like they want the order number there though and he said they'd asked for it in a subsequent email so maybe he contacted them differently originally...

I originally emailed Rob Hallett on Friday at his email address.
I got the generic AEG refund or downgrade response and replied yesterday querying the map.

Yesterday afternoon I got a response to that email from [email protected] confirming the map and restating the downgrade or refund offer, which is when I responded agreeing to the downgrade to T3.

That was the last I've heard.

I've contacted Front Gate via their portal and by direct email a few times and heard nothing back at all. On Sunday they told me via Twitter that they would get back to me 'as soon as they possibly can' and I've not heard anything since.

Update: Just this second got this from enquiries@aeglive.co.uk

Your tickets will be changed and the difference in cost in your account within the next 5 working days.

Front Gate will send you a new ticket confirmation email when they have been changed.

I hope this helps

Regards

AEG Live

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 18:20 by CalGonz.

Posted by: marquee ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:26

We got an answere on our layout suggestion from enquiries@aeglive.co.uk

Thank you for your email and comments.
We appreciate your suggestion for a new stage layout but unfortunately this is not possible.
As you state we are offering downgrades or refunds on tickets, if you would like to take up this offer at all please let us know within 3 days and we will sort this for you.
Regards
AEG Live

Not sure what to do at the moment
Marquee

Date: April 9, 2013 18:39

And another update from AXS:

Unfortunately, since my email was sent, the information has been updated and Robs email below is the correct, current information.

This is not going to change, so the options available to you as described by Rob, are still open to you.

Kind regards, etc

Looks like they're all finally getting their story straight...

Posted by: vdkf ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:41

[www.adviceguide.org.uk]

This might be useful smoking smiley

~~~ Keef rulez! ~~~

Date: April 9, 2013 18:46

Very interesting indeed! I'll link that from the first message for reference.

So who are these AXS people?

@marquee - thanks for the update and too bad your more than reasonable suggestions were turned down. I have a sense that they sold too many T2 tickets to be able to make that happen.

Thanks for the enquiries@aeglive.co.uk email address since it seems to be manned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 18:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:48

ClaireR
I am new member to this forum and was just trying to help fellow RS fans and I don't expect to get s**t comments like that

Right on Claire. I already like you. Welcome to the board

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 9, 2013 18:55

gotdablouse
So who are these AXS people?

I think they're co-promoting the show with AEG. They look like a different company, but they also have something to do with Rob Hallett and the Millennium Dome / O2 arena so I'm not really sure. Maybe a tax dodge:

[www.axs.com]

At any rate, their name and logo were on the BST website, so I gave them a go as well.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:13

His Majesty
BowieStone

They @#$%& you about and you're still going back for more!?
With fans like is it's no wonder that the prices keep getting crazier and the set ups more ridiculous. grinning smiley
I'm sure it will be a blast though. cool smiley

It's not just crazy ridiculousness that could drive a sssoul to do that, HM honey.
Some of us just plain haven't the stamina to sprint a kilometer or whatever it is from that north entrance -
by which I mean some of us have disabilities, health problems, etc, not just that some of us are lazy! :E
Nor do we all have the physical strength to stand our ground if things get pushy down in front, which it sounds like they might.
But we still love us some Stones, from as close as we can get. We can't help it (and we've been saving up since 2007!)

For the July 13th show the tier descriptions are clear enough so we can decide which option suits us -
unless of course they fvkc with us in all new ways :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 20:06 by with sssoul.

Date: April 9, 2013 19:25

Yes, now it's an informed decision, makes a world of difference!

@CalGonz - Thanks for the info, I'd missed these guys, no wonder it's a mess with all these different people involved!

I think some here asked AEG if T1 and T2 holders could wander around to GA (without starting from the back obviously), did you hear back from them on that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 19:29 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:31

gotdablouse

It will be interesting to see for the 13th if they try to sell the £100 "Unwind Backstage Bar" packaged again

for the time being they don't !
the T1 and T2 tickets for the 13th get the information of "the garden" (which was not mentionned when we bought our tickets last week)

so what do we get for extra £100 ?
- Flushing toilets.
- Cloakroom & lockers
- Relaxation tent where you can get (pay for) a massage, treatment or body art.
- Private VIP cocktail bar (where you can buy VIP cocktail)
- Comfy seating areas (will we have to insert coins before seating ?).
- VIP food outlets (where you can buy VIP sandwiches)

what difference with the "garden" (which is closest to the stage than the backstage bar) ????
"belle arnaque" in french !!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:43

with sssoul
His Majesty
BowieStone

They @#$%& you about and you're still going back for more!?
With fans like is it's no wonder that the prices keep getting crazier and the set ups more ridiculous. grinning smiley
I'm sure it will be a blast though. cool smiley

It's not just crazy ridiculousness that could drive a sssoul to do that, HM honey.
Some of us just plain haven't the stamina to sprint a kilometer or whatever it is from that north entrance
(by which I mean some of us have disabilities, health problems, etc).
Nor do we have the physical strength to hold down a spot if things get pushy down in front, which is sounds like they might.
But we still love us some Stones, from as close as we can get. We can't help it (and we've been saving up since 2007!)

For the July 13th show the tier descriptions are clear enough so we can decide which option suits us -
unless of course they fvkc with us in all new ways :E

thumbs up

Turns out I can't really afford to fly, stay in hotel and simply sit in the park never mind get a ticket as well. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 19:50 by His Majesty.

Date: April 9, 2013 19:45

@rubyT - Dunno, it could be an oversight on the BST site as the "Barclaycard Backstaga Bar" is listed on the barclaycard presale page : [www.theticketfactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 19:46 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:59

vdkf
[www.adviceguide.org.uk]

Thank you for the link! And everyone else for sharing valuable information in this thread, much appreciated.

So I think this is my plan:
a) I will answer to FGT and ask for refund of service charges and delivery costs of 49,9 total.

b)After the concert if I'm not happy with how the Tier 2 turn out to be I will make complains to AEG and further on as suggested on the link.

Question about complaining to credit card company (VISA). Can I pay my credit card invoice now (tickets) and if I have to complain after the concert I may be able to get refund? Or should I inform them at this point also that there might be problem with the ticket?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 21:00 by MRambler.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:04

Got an email this afternoon (just for the records...):

"Hi Michael,

I'm afraid we are unable to upgrade any tickets, only downgrade or refund.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with either of these options."

Flights and hotel already booked, downgrading no option (I'll be in London only shortly before the concert)...
Thus, I'll put some bad feelings about being cheated aside, and am just exited (already now) for going to London and rocking at a great Stones concert! I know it's gonna be wonderful!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:35

Me, still considering downgrading or simply staying in Tier 2. I am going to be in London early Friday morning anyway. I would have the possibility to turn up early.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 21:35 by Topi.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:44

How many hours early you would have to arrive to be in a) front row or b) 10-20 rows in GA?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:45

Front row is anyone's guess. If they let you camp out then I would assume the first diehards will use that opportunity. I mean, last summer in Sweden, the first people to line up for Bruce Springsteen arrived nine days in advance!

Rows 10-20: afternoon on the day of the show would probably be enough. The real "battle" is only going to be about the first few rows.

The line, of course, will dismantle if they let people take a run at front row. Then it's each for himself. My point of reference is Springsteen, and his security always makes sure that the pit line is walked in and no running is allowed. This, however, could be next to impossible to supervise in a festival with an audience of 65000.

Hallett is on record basically saying run like hell and you have a shot. So in theory you could beat some of those who camped out overnight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 21:49 by Topi.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:46

MGetzner

"Hi Michael,

I'm afraid we are unable to upgrade any tickets, only downgrade or refund.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with either of these options."

Flights and hotel already booked, downgrading no option (I'll be in London only shortly before the concert)...
Thus, I'll put some bad feelings about being cheated aside, and am just exited (already now) for going to London and rocking at a great Stones concert! I know it's gonna be wonderful!

Jesus, another lie. Rob told me we could upgrade:

Thomas

You can do what you wish upgrade / downgrade / refund

All we want to do is keep the fans of the Rolling Stones as happy as we can

Your call

Best

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 21:50 by BowieStone.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:51

I've had a reply to my reasonable suggestion cool smiley that they graciously give me a discount on my Tier 2 ticket (my bold):

AEG
Thank you for your email and your comments.

I’m afraid we are unable to offer Tier 2 tickets at Tier 3 prices.

If you would like to change your mind and take up the offer of a downgrade or refund please let us know.

They are not unable, of course, merely unwilling. It's staggering that they are refusing to give us anything at all to compensate for their wrongdoing.

I am going to ask them to confirm that both sightlines and sound balance will not be compromised by the re-positioning of Tier 2. It's implicit in the original descriptions that Tier 2 would have been in a central position.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:55

BowieStone
MGetzner

"Hi Michael,...

Jesus, another lie. Rob told me we could upgrade:

[/i]

As our beloved Keith says: Shit happens...

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:02

MRambler
vdkf
[www.adviceguide.org.uk]

Thank you for the link! And everyone else for sharing valuable information in this thread, much appreciated.

So I think this is my plan:
a) I will answer to FGT and ask for refund of service charges and delivery costs of 49,9 total.

b)After the concert if I'm not happy with how the Tier 2 turn out to be I will make complains to AEG and further on as suggested on the link.

Question about complaining to credit card company (VISA). Can I pay my credit card invoice now (tickets) and if I have to complain after the concert I may be able to get refund? Or should I inform them at this point also that there might be problem with the ticket?

Based on my experiences, you should assume that any complaining after the concert will receive the similar hard line no compromise position RS/AEG are taking now. Actually RS/AEG know they screwed up, that is why they are offering refunds/exchanges - so they are compromising - slightly, but in a way that costs them nothing except extra administrative costs. They know they can easily re-sell any Tier 1/2 tickets.

Unless some type of riot or major disturbance takes place during the concert, AEG will claim they delivered what you purchased and will claim the change of location was done publically and well before the concert - and refunds were available to anyone not happy with the change. Your credit card company might give you sympathy, but you will not get any satisfaction!

You will be happier, if you make a decision soon, and then make the best of it.

I will not come out of this mess happy, but I'll follow my advise above and be happier than if I expect RS/AEG to treat me well if the situation at Hyde Park is disappointing. It's very unlikely I'll go. I think the situation in Tier 1/2 on July 6 will not be very good - with many uninformed disappointed fans.

If this situation had happened in the USA, we would have a chance at getting a trial attorney to file a class action lawsuit against RS/AEG. I believe you could win damages here (USA) because it is so clear cut, they lied, and switched, for no good reason, since the BJ concert will go off as our Tiers 1/2 were described. But I think this type of class action is more problematic in the UK. I'll keep an eye on this; and if anyone does start such a legal action, I'll support it, but otherwise, within a week or so, I'll make a decision and move forward.

It would be good, if some day these bastards learn a lesson, not to completely lie to us. What the Rolling Stones and AEG have done here is very wrong, but they think they can get away with it, by offering refunds/exchanges, and they likely will.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:57

gotdablouse
@The Worst - sorry to hear Rob hasn't been in touch, odd since he said he was "taking care of us like no one's ever done"...so for a refund it's probably best to do what bartfrombrussels did apparently and contact frontgate directly. I think I might ask for a £100 refund of the now (even more) useless "Unwind Backstage Bar" for a start and see what happens.

I asked them exactly what I get for the £100 I paid for the Bar. Just BS like "Premium Flushing Toilets" So I decided to ask for a refund of the Bar. But noup, not possible. Seams as if i have to take a long nice shit in that bloody bar.
I have also asked them if I can get snacks and drinks complimentary for the £100, but to my big surprise, no reply yet on that.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: patrice ()
Date: April 9, 2013 23:49

Hi i am new here, i got this forum link from a friend,so i wanna thank you for posting this thread and all of the information its in, good job!!!
i also was lucky to get 2 tickets for tier 2 with backstage bar package and heard about the whole mess around the new layout, i was like everybody else really pissed off!
I followed this thread and thought i also should send a mail, so i did.
I was afraid that i would recieve the same standard mail like everybody,
this is wat i wrote;

Hello,

I understand that the tickets i`ve bought, are not the tickets i`ve paid for, this i found out after the tickets where sold out!!!
I paid for two tier 2 tickets with Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar includes:
Fast-track private entrance to the festival, getting you in and out quickly.
- Premium Flushing toilets.
- Cloakroom service & lockers to keep your valuables safe.
- Relaxation tent where you can get a massage, treatment or body art.
- Private VIP cocktail bar
- Comfy seating areas.
- VIP food outlets.
Tier 2 promised acces to an area closer to the stage than general admission
But now the new layout of the tiers 1,2 and 3 are changed in a bad way, i`m really not content with that!
I`ve paid for something that i won`t get! In my oppinion is that a fraud! and i am really feal ripped off!

So i don`t want my backstage bar packageing anymore, and want to downgrade my tickets to 2 Normal Tier 2 tickets
I want a refund of 100£ for each ticket!, and because of the false and misleading ticket selling , it would be fair enough for charging no service costs at all in order to compensate for this, thats fair enough!
We come from the Netherlands and already booked a flight and a hotel.

Greetings from two very dissapointed Rolling Stones fans!"

i`ve got this replie;

"Greg S replied:
Hi Trix,

We can process this for you, however we would need to place a separate order for the Tier 2 price and refund this order. As I will be calling from the United States, please provide a good number to contact you at to set this up for you.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets"

I thought it was strange to wait for a call from the states as i am from the Netherlands, they would probally wake me up in the middle of the night, and thought it would be safer that every contact about this is on paper!

I`ve send the following mail back;

"Hello,

Thank you for the replie!

Because of the time difference (US-Netherlands), i think its better that we arranged it by e-mail, than to wake me up in the middle of the night!
I really think that option is much better, and because the tickets aren`t send yet, i like it better that way, if you need information i think it can by email.

I hope to hear from you soon,

With kind regards"

I really don`t understand why they wanna to talk me on the phone?? found it a little bit strange...
i hope to hear from them again soon

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 9, 2013 23:56

patrice
I really don`t understand why they wanna to talk me on the phone?? found it a little bit strange...
i hope to hear from them again soon

Hello Patrice, and welcome even though it's such a distressing occasion.
I'm glad they're prepared to refund the cost of that silly bar,
and I reckon they want to phone you because many people feel it's not safe to convey credit card details by email.
Personally I'd go ahead with the phone call (if he phones in his morning that's afternoon/evening for you)
but if you really don't want to at least spread the credit card information over two or three separate messages.
That lessens the chances of the full information being intercepted by someone wicked.

Hope it works out for you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 08:45 by with sssoul.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 10, 2013 01:43

A different possible way we could go after these lying companies.

I have been assuming any legal action would need to be under UK and/or English law. However, there may be a way this can be covered by USA law - through a class action. Front Gate Tickets is primarily a US company, with what appears to be their main office in Austin, TX. My ticket was purchased through barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com . So if the computers/servers were located in the USA, then this fraud was committed in the USA.

I understand it is unlikely that Front Gate Tickets is the primary party responsible for this. Most likely they are an innocent middleman - and the bad people are some combination of AEG and the Rolling Stones. But if this fraud was done through the USA, then USA law applies.

Any attorneys out there who care to comment? Tomorrow, I'll try to contact one of the major law firms here, one that specializes in class actions - and ask if they have any interest in taking this up. Its a long shot, that, even if this works, would be unlikely to change anything until after the Hyde Park concerts. But it could be a way make these people really treat us better in the future "in a way [we] never have known before".

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 10, 2013 02:40

IGTBA
A different possible way we could go after these lying companies.

I have been assuming any legal action would need to be under UK and/or English law. However, there may be a way this can be covered by USA law - through a class action. Front Gate Tickets is primarily a US company, with what appears to be their main office in Austin, TX. My ticket was purchased through barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com . So if the computers/servers were located in the USA, then this fraud was committed in the USA.

I understand it is unlikely that Front Gate Tickets is the primary party responsible for this. Most likely they are an innocent middleman - and the bad people are some combination of AEG and the Rolling Stones. But if this fraud was done through the USA, then USA law applies.

Any attorneys out there who care to comment? Tomorrow, I'll try to contact one of the major law firms here, one that specializes in class actions - and ask if they have any interest in taking this up. Its a long shot, that, even if this works, would be unlikely to change anything until after the Hyde Park concerts. But it could be a way make these people really treat us better in the future "in a way [we] never have known before".

I'd be up for it. Their reaction has been so disrespectful towards us. The honest thing to do would have been to offer us a discount rather than "refund or downgrade". Would love to see them punished for their dishonesty and greed.

Posted by: Jjrampers ()
Date: April 10, 2013 03:06

I wasn't sure where to post this but wondered if someone could help me out, are the T3 tickets on sale in the Barclaycard presale tomorrow? Were they last time? Thanks in anticipation.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 10, 2013 03:18

Total tickets allowed for this concert 65K

London Evening Standard
“All 65,000 tickets for the band’s return to the site of their historic 1969 performance were gone almost as soon as public bookings opened at 9am”.

[www.standard.co.uk]

They sold 60K tickets @ £95.
“But The spokesman said: 60,000 people have bought £95 tickets and will be get there early for the chance to be at the front. It’s what the Stones wanted”.
the band’s veteran rep insists the huge prices on website Seatwave has nothing to do with Mick, RONNIE WOOD, CHARLIE WATTS and KEEF RICHARDS. Also, the only VIP packages available are NOT at the front of the stage, and originally sold for about £300.
“There are a small number of people who have bought VIP packages which have been sold and resold several times.
“We are disappointed as the ‘Diamond Circle’ on the ticket website’s map suggests it is at the front of the stage. It’s not — it is to one side.
“Plus, they’re called hospitality packages. We have no golden or diamond circles.
“From the outset, the Stones were adamant there would be no golden circles eating up the best seats at the gig their first at the London venue for 44 years” .

[www.thesun.co.uk]

That leaves 5K tickets split between T1 + T2 and the Kings Head Stand thing.

ACG screwed up they have a contract with the stones for this plan… With Hospitality and GA areas

[twitter.com]

The only way ACG can resell your T1 & T2 Tickets is if you DON’T downgrade to T3.Remember the licence they have is for 65K total tickets.
You would need to ask for a total refund to release the ticket for resale.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home