Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:28

I got this anwser from a cetain Drew after I asked for a refund for my Tier 2 Barclaycard unwind Backstage Bar. I still want a refund because I don't have any confidence left in BST Full Stop

APR 08, 2013 | 05:13PM UTC
Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
Tier 2 will have access closer than the Tier 3 tickets. The map posted on the Rolling Stones Twitter was incorrect. The Festival will be posting the correct map on their website shortly. I apologize for the miscommunication.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:29

I agree with you Doxa.
I think that BJ and RS layouts were suppose to me identical but then RS/Jagger? wanted to please GA ticket buyers promising them FOS.

The only problem is that they made the decision too late because presale was already done and all the Tier 1&2 tickets were sold with wrong description.
They tried to please everyone but it turn out this big mess..

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:32

bartfrombrussels
I got this anwser from a cetain Drew after I asked for a refund for my Tier 2 Barclaycard unwind Backstage Bar. I still want a refund because I don't have any confidence left in BST Full Stop

Tier 2 will have access closer than the Tier 3 tickets. The map posted on the Rolling Stones Twitter was incorrect. The Festival will be posting the correct map on their website shortly. I apologize for the miscommunication.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

They are really messing this up big time! Different information from different comapnies.
RS Twitter has only publish that false "bottle neck" map. But now I wonder is the recent map really the final or is there going to be third version??

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:35

bartfrombrussels

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Now THAT, is rather extraordinary I must say.

Does Drew mean that THIS map ..............................

is incorrect, and they're about to post ANOTHER one ?

Well I'll be buggered, this whole thing gets more bizarre by the day. The e-mail is dated and timed today Monday 8th April at 17:13, so it's right up to date.

I'm now officially a bit bloody confused myself - anyone else ? WHAT the hell are AEG doing, for God's sake ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:39

wsmbm
Doxa
If it so that the Bon Jovi gig will have those circles, is this whole mess caused finally by the vanity of Mick Jagger?

- Doxa

I was thinking this - I think they have been upset at criticism of high ticket prices and the fact that £95 tickets would be at the back and so someone from The Rolling Stones theselves has made AEG alter the arrangements so stupidly.

This seems more likely than AEG being so stupid as to use extremely incorrect descriptions, but then someone should have told Jagger/RS that the cat was already out of the bag - too late to change. But either way, AEG has screwed up big time!

Date: April 8, 2013 22:40

I answered this:

I still want a complete refund for my Tier 2 access - Unwind backstage bar for 299 + 29,90
(service charges) + 30 (delivery) = 358,90 £ for the Rolling Stones
show on the 6th of July because I bought the ticket with this understanding "GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission" and not "Tier 2 will have access closer than the Tier 3 tickets" . There is a difference between "access to an area" and "access".

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:44

MRambler
BST Hyde Park Hi Deborah, fear not! There will still be diamond and gold circle areas at the Bon Jovi show on the 5th July.

Not to be overly whatever, but:
Has BST specified that those Bon Jovi "circles" will definitely be shaped the way they were on that diagram we all saw?
Or are they "tier-shaped" areas that are simply called "circles" for the Bon Jovi show?
(If I were one of those attendees I'd absolutley make them spell it out, state their sources, etc.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who talked to more than one very nice BST staff who were oblivious to the change in the layout for the Stones show )

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:47

I understand tier 1 and 2 have a separate entrance. I get that supposedly we can get out of our pen, wonder around and come back, though I cannot find where that is confirmed. But now somewhere in all of this I have read, I think, a hint that we will have earlier access to that FOS area? How? Don't all gates open at the same time?

Now if that is true, and nothing else works, then Tier 1 and 2 people need to band into groups of 3 or more, get there early, and run like hell through that back door to the FOS area. Throughout the day 1 of you at a time can wonder away leaving the majority up front.

Of course that still leaves the 100 pound charge for a bar that does not exist in question. I think that the proof we are all looking at position and not flush toilets is in 25 pages of posting, how few of the posts bitch about this.

As to the people, ( or actually one person) that keeps saying shut up, screw you I AM NOT RICH. I have been saving for this event for 6 months to get these tickets and the airfare. I highly doubt that anyone with a tier 3 has been consciously putting away a few pounds every week for the last 6 months for their ticket. So in my case you are saying F*7K off for planning ahead and not being a last minute impulse buy. And before you say there was no announcement then, some of start saving for the next show , the next tour, as soon as the last one ends, some of us are already emailing each other about possibilities after the announced shows. We are not jet setting debutantes, just dedicated and organized fans. And as for your seeming problem with people that do have money, "tear down the wall." it is a capitalist world. No one wants to trod on the poor that I know, however if you scrimp, save, work hard, get educated, whatever, and pay extra for something, does that mean it's ok for people to rip you oFF, to steal from you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 22:53 by kahoosier.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:47

bartfrombrussels
I answered this:

I still want a complete refund for my Tier 2 access - Unwind backstage bar for 299 + 29,90
(service charges) + 30 (delivery) = 358,90 £ for the Rolling Stones
show on the 6th of July because I bought the ticket with this understanding "GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission" and not "Tier 2 will have access closer than the Tier 3 tickets" . There is a difference between "access to an area" and "access".

Woow, you got the delivery of the tickets almost for freesmiling smiley
I live in Finland and my order says:
Delivery International mail £59,80
Shipping £30,00

So I paid £90 for a small envelope with two tickets from UK to Finland.
Well, I know that fuel cost for a jet is rather expensive today, but £90 sounds a bit of doesn't it...??

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:49

paulywaul
Now THAT, is rather extraordinary I must say.

Does Drew mean that THIS map [the final one] is incorrect, and they're about to post ANOTHER one ?

See my previous post, up above the good kahoosier: I bet all that means is that Drew is repeating outdated information.
The map posted on the Stones' twitter (or wherever) was that version that lacked any "diamond tier"
and had a tier 3 shaped like a hot water bottle. The staff I talked to yesterday didn't know about the new one either
(by which I mean the one you posted just above) even though it was already on the BST site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 22:52 by with sssoul.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:50

My thinking is that they haven't yet actually failed to deliver what was promised. That can't be proved until after the event. So if we are not happy on the day, we can still complain to Trading Standards after the event, and claim a refund or compensation.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:54

Love your post...and your name.

Date: April 8, 2013 23:02

stonesrule
Love your post...and your name.

Thank you!

I'm liking the idea of going to the gig for free. If I decide Tier 2 is really rubbish when I get there, I can still try and find a better spot in the GA area, and then complain afterwards tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 8, 2013 23:14

I received this extract today from AEG, it mentions a small section at the front of the stage for general admission, this maybe playing on words, but the maps I've seen are not small areas.

APR 08, 2013 | 04:44PM UTC
Greg J replied:
Hi

Thanks for your mail

Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

You are correct that there will be a small section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.

Date: April 8, 2013 23:16

OK, I got my total refund! Bought a Tier 3 ticket thru Viagogo for £190.

APR 08, 2013 | 07:40PM UTC
Greg S replied:
We have processed a refund for you for the amount of £358.90. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to reflect on your bank statement. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call or email us.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: April 8, 2013 23:25

bartfrombrussels
OK, I got my total refund! Bought a Tier 3 ticket thru Viagogo for £190.

APR 08, 2013 | 07:40PM UTC
Greg S replied:
We have processed a refund for you for the amount of £358.90. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to reflect on your bank statement. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call or email us.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Doh! Why pay double? Just wait a bit.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 8, 2013 23:26

You are correct that there will be a small section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.

Wow , is it possible AEG or the Stones or Whoever has seen the light that the bad press alone on this issue can bring? Again, I don't think most of us have any problem with tier 3 having their area at the FOS, it was on all the initial maps, just to either side of the diamond and gold circle. The general feeling I am reading is that even the map drawn up by a fan here splitting the area in half would b3e acceptable. It is the idea that selling us FOS tickets than sticking us of to the side next to some toilet was just wrong.Is this new wor4ing, no matter how minimally changed , a new hope?

NAHHH WE ARE ALL STILL SCREWED smiling smiley)))

Date: April 8, 2013 23:28

I have seen no evidence that AEG is considering doing more to address our concern.

After I received the canned response today, I sent another email to AEG/Front Gate and received this reply:

Thanks for your constructive feedback and response. Unfortunately the previous e-mail is the best that we can offer in this situation and the official response from AEG. Please let us know whether you would like a full refund on your ticket, or a downgrade to the GA ticket price within 3 business days.

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

So they continue to take a hard line. No indication of another map or anything besides offering a refund or downgrade to Tier 3.

I intend to keep working for a better solution for Tier 1/2 purchasers - and will wait until later, if necessary to cancel through my credit card. I'm not worrying about any three day deadline!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:15

Admire your ethics!

Date: April 9, 2013 00:19

Wow sjs12, it took those I have a degree and PhD and am a world expert in what I do. credentials for you to become a troll on this thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 00:21 by IGTBA.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:23

stonesrule
Admire your ethics!

Hope you are ironic, cause his ethics stinks.
Should I feel bad because I bought an expensive ticket to see my favourite band one last time?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 00:58 by The Worst..

Posted by: Bantambernie ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:30

SJS -

I complained to the promoter once when my view was blocked by a post. I got put in the VIP section at the front. You never know your luck.

So what happened to your principles on this occasion?

I didn't think it was possible but you actually manage to come across as a bigger bellend with every post - let's see what pearls of wisdom you come out with next...........

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:34

kernowmod
I received this extract today from AEG, it mentions a small section at the front of the stage for general admission, this maybe playing on words, but the maps I've seen are not small areas.

APR 08, 2013 | 04:44PM UTC
Greg J replied:
Hi

Thanks for your mail

Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

Is that copied exactly as received? Because the first batch of e-mail replies from AEG said "you are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage...". Now it is one word different, as it says ...."a small section". Is the addition of "small" a typo or what? Maybe tier 3 should start complaining lol...

Date: April 9, 2013 00:36

That's word for word what Rob Hallett's email to me on Friday said, with the sole exception that the word "small" has been added. Now IF that's significant (which it may not be), it might mean that the proportions will be more like those shown on Marquee's design.

But going back to AEG's map, surely it would make more sense, purely for concerns of safety, to create a pit area for those T3 holders who get to the FOS section first? Fence it off and given them wristbands to come and go as they please from then on. If they don't do that, that bottleneck could turn out to be lethal as there will be no control over the numbers who try to enter it.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:37

Bantambernie
SJS -

I complained to the promoter once when my view was blocked by a post. I got put in the VIP section at the front. You never know your luck.

I didn't think it was possible but you actually manage to come across as a bigger bellend with every post - let's see what pearls of wisdom you come out with next...........

I don't agree with seated venues anyway. I would rather the whole gig had been GA than have to go through that shit.

Date: April 9, 2013 00:41

sjs12
Bantambernie
SJS -

I don't agree with seated venues anyway. I would rather the whole gig had been GA than have to go through that shit.

So you'll only apply your ethics in all standing events?

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:58

The Worst.
So why did you delete your post?

Sjs12, I don't know what you're up to.
We get your point.
You don't like tiers and seated events.
But some of us want the organizers who conned us to sort out this mess in a satisfactory way. If you don't like that, that's fine. We don't care.

I didn't, or at least not.on purpose

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:01

Trying to get this back on track...

Not sure what to make of that "small" section, it certainly DOES sound like some backtracking, possibly out of common sense in terms of security as posted above. Why does the are need to be "small" though since it's pretty much got the width of the stage...I still can't believe the "run fast enough" and "piss on yourself all day" (implied) attitude though, are they for real ?!

@bartfrombrussels - good news on getting your refund, but why didn't you ask for a downgrade to GA? To stick them the £30 shipping? Which email address had you used to request the refund?

Date: April 9, 2013 01:01

gotdablouse
Oh please, just sod off, and people, don't feed the troll, this is stressful enough as it is!

@bartfrombrussels - good news on getting your refund, but why didn't you ask for a downgrade to GA? To stick them the £30 shipping? Which email address had you used to request the refund?

Not sure what to make of that "small" section, it certainly DOES sound like some backtracking, possibly out of common sense in terms of security as posted above. I still can't believe the "run fast enough" and "piss on yourself all day" (implied) attitude though, are they for real ?!

"Oh please, just sod off, and people, don't feed the troll, this is stressful enough as it is!"

Yes I know, I will stop right away.

Anyway, AEG has not come back to me today as promised.
Let me quote what was written in an email on Friday:
"I will be in touch on Monday to sort this out for you"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 01:06 by The Worst..

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:07

sjs12
The Worst.
So why did you delete your post?

Sjs12, I don't know what you're up to.
We get your point.
You don't like tiers and seated events.
But some of us want the organizers who conned us to sort out this mess in a satisfactory way. If you don't like that, that's fine. We don't care.

I didn't, or at least not.on purpose

I think bv has been doing a spot of trimming.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home