Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:37

martinw
Ticket Factory is the agency I bought tickets from in the Barclaycard pre-sale on Wednesday. Apparently Barclaycard/Unwind used their website for the pre-sale.
Mine was Front Gate Tickets.
The Lady was quite helpful on the phone and I felt sorry for here because all she did was replying to the confusion. She did send me the actual outline and guaranteed a front of stage part for Tier 1. Still I asked her for refund.
I already booked a Hotel, but flights to London Change every day out of here and increase rapidly.
I will see how she replies.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #4
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:42

TooTough
MGetzner
Just got an email from AEG also asking about the ticket agent and order no., stating that "we will look into sorting this for you". Let's see what happens.

So, are you a step further? Today I got this one...the crap from 2 days ago some of you already hae.
What should I do now???

Hi,
Thanks for your mail
Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.
You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.
However, the purchase of your Tier 1 tickets will provide you with the following:

· You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets

· You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.

· From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)

· But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.

We think this Tier 1 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:
· Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)
· Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.
We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Kind regards
AEG Live

Excellent news I'm really pleased for you. They have admitted they described the ticket incorrectly and they have offered a full refund or the additional option to downgrade should you prefer that.

You must be very relieved.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:45

sjs12
TooTough
MGetzner
Just got an email from AEG also asking about the ticket agent and order no., stating that "we will look into sorting this for you". Let's see what happens.

So, are you a step further? Today I got this one...the crap from 2 days ago some of you already hae.
What should I do now???

Hi,
Thanks for your mail
You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.
However, the purchase of your Tier 1 tickets will provide you with the following:

· You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets

· You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.

· From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)

· But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.

We think this Tier 1 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:
Kind regards
AEG Live

Excellent news I'm really pleased for you. They have admitted they described the ticket incorrectly and they have offered a full refund or the additional option to downgrade should you prefer that.

Please leave this thread to those who´ve got something
relevant to say. Thanks.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:51

TooTough
sjs12
TooTough
MGetzner

What should I do now???

Hi,
Thanks for your mail

Kind regards
AEG Live

Please leave this thread to those who´ve got something
relevant to say. Thanks.

Define relevant. If by relevant you mean people who are going to continue moaning and complaining even though the miselling of tickets (which was wrong of AEG) has been resolved and want to somehow set up a different tier system to disadvantage others just because they themselves fell victim to incorrectly described tickets then ok.

Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:56

I have also got the same answer from AEG.

I still want what I have paid for:
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
(I will not sit in the bar or at the toilet, as they seem to think angry smiley )

I wrote also to uksupport@frontgatetickets.com (http://barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com/)
Right now I got the same answer from a Grag J (AEG live)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 20:04 by Lilla Chinchilla.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:56

It hasn't been resolved.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:58

@sjs12 Nothing has been resolved and you know it. Take your anti-tier position to another thread. We understand you do not like tiers. Stop being a troll on this thread.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:22

There's no way I'm accepting a refund. That's what they want us to do, so we'll go away. I'm going to tell them I want to keep my Tier 2 ticket, but at the price of Tier 3. I don't think that's unreasonable in the circumstances.

Hopefully they will reconsider the layout and possibly improve our position. Much depends on the angle and position of the stage, and we don't know exactly what that will be. They have said it will be different from previous years, so who knows.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:24

I've had an ongoing conversation with AXS today. They told me this morning that "A clearer map will be posted up soon clearing up any confusion", but it soon became clear that whoever was manning the helpdesk wasn't up to speed with the current situation as the latest update this evening is a copy of the AEG 'downgrade or refund' email previously posted.

Good luck to those of you pursuing this, but I'm going to accept the compromise. A refund of nearly £700 with as good a chance of bagging decent bit of Glimmer Twins-proximate stage-side real estate has caused me to cave.

They are in the wrong - but I also know a busted flush when I see one

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:33

Does anyone have an idea what's going to happen if we don't reply within the 'deadline' of three days? I'm running out of time according to Rob Hallett.
I don't want to be forced to make a decision now. I think the current situation is unacceptable. But if one choses to downgrade, I'll assume we get £100 back?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 20:35 by The Worst..

Date: April 8, 2013 20:40

The Worst.
Does anyone have an idea what's going to happen if we don't reply within the 'deadline' of three days? I'm running out of time according to Rob Hallett.

While it's an arbitrary deadline, I didn't particularly want to find out and be left with tickets best characterised as 'white elephants'.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:54

From AEG's mail of explanations, it is possible that tier 3 will be divided in two areas, a FOS section and the rest of the world, like it was done in some concerts of the Licks and ABB tour (where the tickets were all the same GA, but the ones who arrived first could get in the FOS up to its capacity, and once full access to the FOS section was closed)

So, actually, the FOS section will be on one side tier 1 and tier 2, and on the other the first to arrive from tier 3

If not, I imagine it's going to be quite a dangerous bottle neck where tier 3 gets narrow.

C

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:56

Come on Mick and Keith.
You guys are ultimately responsible for this fiasco,and fans saying "It's not their fault,it's AEG" doesn't find any sympathy with me.
This means ,give us an explanation and be a couple of men and say something.................anything to show you care about what's happening and causing a sh*t load of real bad feeling.eye popping smiley

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:05

well I've made a complaint via my credit card company (Barclaycard) apparently it's under section 75, Barclaycard we very helpful they agreed that AEG have failed to supply what was promised, I may not get the plan changed, but someone is going to have to me why,

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:07

Christ! Is this thread still going??!!!!

LOL!!!

: ))))

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:14

beepee2
Rik
steffiestones
The promoters and the management are responable for this fiasco, not the Stones themselves...my opinion.

The Rolling Stones organisation is responsable, just like AEG is.

You mean the Stones should have refrained from wanting GA T3 to be at the front ? eye rolling smiley

Well yes naturally. That is what this issue is all about

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:37

From BST Facebook page, there will be circles in BonJovi gig.

Deborah Fitflop Hick
Please set it straight, that there WILL be DC/GC for Bon Jovi or there are gonna be mega riots. lol, I believe there will be but other as saying no.
Tykkää · · Eilen 2:13

Lyn Jovi Brown tykkää tästä.
Näytä vielä 19 kommenttia

Carolyn Low I am just hoping for a sunny day.
3 tuntia sitten · Tykkää

BST Hyde Park Hi Deborah, fear not! There will still be diamond and gold circle areas at the Bon Jovi show on the 5th July.

So with identetical descriptions at the point of sales BJ fans get circels and Stones fans get these f*cking tiers somewhere way side of the park. Nice.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:44

Bon Jovi is going to be a different setup from the Stones, says Hallett:

"Don’t worry Bon Jovi is set up in the same manner as all of their shows
The Stones is a different set up

Diamond on Bon Jovi is in the usual place

Best

Rob"

[drycounty.com]

This is going south fast.

"Don't worry"...if you're a Bon Jovi fan. Also don't worry if you're a Stones fan in T1/T2, we have a flushing toilet for you. Wanna flush another 100GBP down? Jeez.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 21:59 by Topi.

Date: April 8, 2013 21:46

Oy. Another ill omen.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:47

So nothing really new today then, I guess AEG are sitting it out...Oh I see the BJ info now, well good for them even if it means they won't be making noise that could have helped us get what we paid for.

@Grison - did you try asking for just a refund of the now useless £100 "Unwind Backstage Bar" courtesy of "The Garden" that popped out of nowhere on Friday night? It might make things more difficult but it could be a compromise for those who want to hold on to their T1/T2 tickets in the hope that AEG and The Stones come to their senses and adopt a "Marquee-like" set up.

As was posted earlier (sorry can't find the post at this time), it will be interesting if T1 and T2 holders decide on D-Day that their location is unacceptable and go for T3 "en masse". Presumably T1 and T2 holders will be able to get in front of the stage before T3 tickets so there would still be time to make it FOS. Unless AEG try to keep them busy in "The Garden"!

And yes, thanks bv for the news item and sticky, now we know for sure the "Stones' Camp" will be made aware of what's going on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 21:50 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:50

This is unbef*kinglievable!

Now it is confirmed that the set ups are totally different with circles and tiers.

Both tickets were sold with same description and still AEG thinks that they haven't gave misleading information for Tier 1&2 buyers. angry smiley

Date: April 8, 2013 21:51

Don't mean to push the issue of credit cards but those who have purchased on credit card have a right to go back to the credit card company & ask for compensation. Thet advertised (well we all know what they advertised) & if they are not gong to deliver it's joint responsibility of the credit card company

Date: April 8, 2013 21:58

kernowmod
Don't mean to push the issue of credit cards but those who have purchased on credit card have a right to go back to the credit card company & ask for compensation. Thet advertised (well we all know what they advertised) & if they are not gong to deliver it's joint responsibility of the credit card company
The credit Card Company mostly asks you to get in touch directly with the Company/agency you dealt. So that is not the best Option.
I will see how it's turning out. I might just go and enjoy and poor a beer over my face how silly I wassmileys with beer. At the end I can't take any Money with me once I have to leave this earthly life. Until then I wanna rock and roll and I do know I spent much to much Money.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:06

kernowmod

This probably will not help much regarding pressuring AEG, but you are welcome to try.

However, for those who feel pressured by AEG's three day deadline to cancel/exchange, I would not worry about that deadline. I know I will be able to cancel later (but before the concert) through my credit card company as long as AEG continues to say they will not provide what I purchased.

Date: April 8, 2013 22:09

Grison I agree but I a have been in contact with Barclaycard & they have already refunded my booking fee £60, & are taking up the case on my behalf under section 75 of the consumer credit act, maybe Barclaycard is a particularly good credit card, but they are jointly responsible for my purchase

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:09

martinw
Ticket Factory is the agency I bought tickets from in the Barclaycard pre-sale on Wednesday. Apparently Barclaycard/Unwind used their website for the pre-sale.

It goes beyond this pre-sale, The Ticket Factory are the service provider for the entire Barclaycard Unwind site and all the tickets sold through it, not just for the Stones/Bon Jovi shows and these pre-sales.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: April 8, 2013 22:11

kernowmod
Grison I agree but I a have been in contact with Barclaycard & they have already refunded my booking fee £60, & are taking up the case on my behalf under section 75 of the consumer credit act, maybe Barclaycard is a particularly good credit card, but they are jointly responsible for my purchase
Agreed but mine is a credit Card and I live in Alps you know where the snow is high and Valleys deepsmoking smiley

Date: April 8, 2013 22:12

Also they have frozen the payment on that purchase on my card account so I do not have to pay them a penny until the issue is resolved, I may not get the AEG to change their minds but I may get some compensation, & it's better than nothing

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:17

If it so that the Bon Jovi gig will have those circles, is this whole mess caused finally by the vanity of Mick Jagger? Not that there is anything wrong being so "traditional" and general admission with "cheap" tickets letting people to FOS and all that, but the way to screwing up the whole thing like this goes beyond common sense.

If it is alright with Bon Jovi that the "privileged circles" with more expensive tickets are in front, why it is not alright with the Stones?

Is it because the avarage Bon Jovi audiences are younger than the Stones ones? That with the case of them, the atmosphere and enthusiasism and people's looks and everything is going to be equalavent no matter of whom of the audience you put there? But with the Stones tehre are more "tourists" who - supposedly - want more "luxuries" and access to bar and fancy toilets, besides being older?

This surely is going to be a big event in London, and supposedly there is going to be film cameras, television and whatever, and Sir Mick wants this to look good? He wants a "right", healthy audience to front him? Not his "typical", aged audience - just like in Beacon, just like in Super Bowl.

He wants there people who are going to through a Darwinian test: those healthy, strong and young enough who have quick feet and a good condition will be there?

And this terrific idea just occurred to him in the last minute?

Just thinking.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 22:21 by Doxa.

Posted by: wsmbm ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:27

Doxa
If it so that the Bon Jovi gig will have those circles, is this whole mess caused finally by the vanity of Mick Jagger?

- Doxa

I was thinking this - I think they have been upset at criticism of high ticket prices and the fact that £95 tickets would be at the back and so someone from The Rolling Stones theselves has made AEG alter the arrangements so stupidly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home