Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:25

His Majesty

The info that GA 3 tickets could get you access to the front was public before the general sale started. Why it should have more entitlement is because the GA 3 having access to the front is as per the actual official layout, as per the stones own statements and it also involves thousands and thousands more people than the tier 1 and 2 combined.

Most of the tickets were purchased in the pre-sales, before the new information came out, especially the vast majority of Tier 1/2 tickets were sold then. All that was on the BST website where tickets were purchased before Friday, was the three simple descriptions re-printed multiple times in this thread - and anyone purchasing Tier 3 from those descriptions could not have had any expectation to be in front of any Tier 1/2 purchasers unless the reader was illiterate.

And if they were able to claim a sell out in five minutes once the general sale started, that reinforces my judgement that 90+ percent of the tickets sold to date, were sold before they changed any descriptions. [I know "sell out" does not mean all the tickets that will be sold were sold - that's part of how they fool people. But fooling is different from frauding.]

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:26

ThroughTheLonelyNights
@ marquee
it originally said: tier 2 is closer to the stage than tier 3 - so this wouldn´t fit

@nobodyimportant
<<Where did anyone say that T2 would be FOS?
T1 would be FOS as originally stated, with T2 behind.
First T3 arrivals would get passes to T1, and the second wave get passes to T2.>>

That would be the perfect solution I think!

I have the impression going to this special RS concert seems like a survival training (only a little bit more expensive!)

T3 was told they would get FOS on Twitter before the general sale. So FOS for some of them would only be fair.....

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:29

ThroughTheLonelyNights
@ marquee
it originally said: tier 2 is closer to the stage than tier 3 - so this wouldn´t fit)

Being a tier 2 ticketholder, I wouldn't mind this.
It's a solution I could definitely live with.

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:30

I'm still not sure which map is the current one, is it the one where tier one is to the right of the stage but still FOS or is it the other where the whole front of stage is now Tier 3,

I think if it's the first then Marquee's map is nearly there anyway, if it's the second then we are a long way off

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:32

ThroughTheLonelyNights
@ marquee
it originally said: tier 2 is closer to the stage than tier 3 - so this wouldn´t fit

The original wording is important because it defined the position, but as a Tier 2 ticket holder, I wouldn't mind that part of Tier 3 gets FOS, as long as T2 doesn't get pushed over to the side to the extent that we don't all have good view of the stage.

Date: April 7, 2013 23:33

gibsonman
ThroughTheLonelyNights
@ marquee

@nobodyimportant
<<Where did anyone say that T2 would be FOS?
T1 would be FOS as originally stated, with T2 behind.
First T3 arrivals would get passes to T1, and the second wave get passes to T2.>>

That would be the perfect solution I think!

I have the impression going to this special RS concert seems like a survival training (only a little bit more expensive!)

T3 was told they would get FOS on Twitter before the general sale. So FOS for some of them would only be fair.....

....therefore nobodyimportant´s suggestion would satisfy all ( tier 3 can get FOS)

tier 1: first circle FOS
tier 2 circle behind with small FOS on the sides and
tier 3 early access to both circles

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 23:35 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:35

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:20 by His Majesty.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:35

nobodyimportant
ThroughTheLonelyNights
@ marquee

The original wording is important because it defined the position, but as a Tier 2 ticket holder, I wouldn't mind that part of Tier 3 gets FOS, as long as T2 doesn't get pushed over to the side to the extent that we don't all have good view of the stage.

That`s what I also feel as a T2 ticket holder....

Date: April 7, 2013 23:36

I agree I'm concerned about being pushed over to one side & given the way AEG have dealt with this I'm concerned that's how it would end up, I think they will treat Tier 1 & 2 the same way as hospitality to the left of the stage

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:37

Just a thought, would the local council, health & safety office,etc like to be notified of our concerns?

Anybody in the know.

Date: April 7, 2013 23:38

Doxa
Just thinking how would the T2 people think when T3 are marching through their area to get FOS, when they are not allowed to do that, and their contract says that they should be located better than T3?

How do you imagine anyone would know they were upgraded from T3? They would have been given the same wristbands or passes as the regular T1 & T2 ticketholders.

In any case I think Marquee's solution is better now.

Marquee
Why don't you email your sketch to Rob Hallett smiling smiley
rob@aeglive.co.uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 23:44 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:57

Hey, I hope this is all sorted because I wouldn't want a few people who spent their hard earned money buying these aweful tickets to spoil it for everyone. Clearly you are entitled to your money back for the bad description of the t1 and t2 tickets. However, if AEG are gracious enough to let you downgrade to a GA ticket as a good will gesture, I would go with that. At least that way you can queue up early with all the hard core fans and enjoy the spoils of the front row without having to put up all your hard earned cash.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:58

@ His Majesty You stated "more people in general public have access at same time." Really? You could be correct, but please explain how. Maybe more people are trying in the general sale (maybe not, since most Stones fans were notified multiple times how to access the pre-sales and most of those would have already purchased). But assuming lots more people try to buy at the beginning of the general sale, how are more able to actually buy at a faster rate?

To me, it appeared BST's purchase website was overwhelmed during the first 40 minutes (and beyond then too? don't know, since I was off by then)
of Thursdays "pre sale". Do they add more computer capacity during the general sale? My point is: how could tickets sell faster during the general sale, than they sold during the start of Thursday's pre sale, when they were overwhelmed Thursday. I doubt they add more computers, if so, why not use those to meet demand during the pre sale?

Date: April 8, 2013 00:03

sjs12
Hey, I hope this is all sorted because I wouldn't want a few people who spent their hard earned money buying these aweful tickets to spoil it for everyone. Clearly you are entitled to your money back for the bad description of the t1 and t2 tickets. However, if AEG are gracious enough to let you downgrade to a GA ticket as a good will gesture, I would go with that. At least that way you can queue up early with all the hard core fans and enjoy the spoils of the front row without having to put up all your hard earned cash.

Haha, a comedian. cool smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:03

nobodyimportant
Doxa
Just thinking how would the T2 people think when T3 are marching through their area to get FOS, when they are not allowed to do that, and their contract says that they should be located better than T3?

How do you imagine anyone would know they were upgraded from T3? They would have been given the same wristbands or passes as the regular T1 & T2 ticketholders.

You are right. And ideally that solution should fill all the expectations promised in each step of the mess. And they haven't exactly promised to T3 anything else but the possibility to get FOS if they come early and run fast. Not that the whole FOS is thoroughly available to them without any restrictions.

But I am afraid that the whole point and gran plan in the concert is actually be a GA-friendly; that there is an open access to FOS with T3. My picture is that Jagger and co. want the concert to be and go that way. There is that unusual "salt of the earth" feeling in the whole concept - for example, the huge majority of the tickets are incredibly cheap according to their "normal" prices. I mean, to see the Stones with 100 pounds is a big hand offer from their side - as ridiculous as it might sound.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 00:05 by Doxa.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:09

odean73
Just a thought, would the local council, health & safety office,etc like to be notified of our concerns?

Anybody in the know.

I am not in the know, but I would think so, given the circumstances. Probably the Law Society as well (if that's what it is called in England) !!

Date: April 8, 2013 00:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:20 by His Majesty.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:14

nobodyimportant
I would be content with the layout in Marquee's design.

So would I. It does not comply with the "Tier 2 provides access to an area closer to the stage than GA" description that the tickets were sold on but I would accept it. I never expected to be FOS because that is what Tier 1 purchasers were promised.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:16

Oh seriously though. People should be fundamentally against the whole concept of tiers. It as about as un-rock.n roll as you can get. If you realise that they are doing away with the idea of corporate hospitality and VIP I font understand why you are not rejoicing. Or is it that money is so important that it trumps rock n roll? In which case, perhaps you need to rethink what is most important in life. Seriously, the whole concept of tiers is very wrong when it comes to rock n roll. If you want to get to the front you can queue with us riff raff, instead of relying on your wealth.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:18

peter wilson
odean73

Anybody in the know.

I am not in the know, but I would think so, given the circumstances. Probably the Law Society as well (if that's what it is called in England) !!

Probably The Office of Fair Trading is more likely for a complaint than the Law Society

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:21

One small suggestion for Marquee's solution: rename Tier 3 to GA (retaining the tier 3 FOS).
This then satisfies the
Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area
rules.

I can't really see AEG changing anything at this point, I'm afraid, although it will be interesting to see if this also applies to the other acts playing over the two weekends. I've no interest in Bon Jovi, but maybe Stones & BJ fans can form some sort of alliance, and bring in the fans of whatever other bands are lined up too...unless the layout does change every night?

Lee

Date: April 8, 2013 00:22

I've already explained my position and I'm not going to defend myself again, not that there is anything to defend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 00:24 by nobodyimportant.

Date: April 8, 2013 00:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:20 by His Majesty.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:23

sjs12
Oh seriously though. People should be ....

We don't care what they *should*, the fact is that tickets are by Tiers... Tier1, 2, and 3, end of the story. You may be against tiers, then dont go to any Stones concerts with Tiers.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:26

Would Michael Cohl have done a better job?

Date: April 8, 2013 00:29

nearly all concerts now a days are tiered if you think about it the o2 london the front is more expensive, wembley stadium level 5 is always cheaper, this is nothing new & normally the more you pay the better the view.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:36

stonesrule
Would Michael Cohl have done a better job?

He has proved he would.
You may complain about how ticket prices rocketed under his command,
but you always got the ticket you were promised when purchasing (at least I did).

The Stones used a front circle/tier/FOS-area for most of their stadium and outdoor shows in Europe between 1997-2007, and it was overall a well organized system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 00:37 by The Worst..

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:36

sjs12
Oh seriously though. People should be fundamentally against the whole concept of tiers. It as about as un-rock.n roll as you can get. If you realise that they are doing away with the idea of corporate hospitality and VIP I font understand why you are not rejoicing. Or is it that money is so important that it trumps rock n roll? In which case, perhaps you need to rethink what is most important in life. Seriously, the whole concept of tiers is very wrong when it comes to rock n roll. If you want to get to the front you can queue with us riff raff, instead of relying on your wealth.

So tell that to the Rolling Stones and all the other rock 'n' roll bands and their promoters. It wasn't the punters who instituted corporate hospitality, VIP and all the rest of it!

Date: April 8, 2013 00:40

this includes the band on the previous night (Bon Jovi) they have 3 tiers so nothing new here even at this event it's happening

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:42

sjs12

Er - it's rather AEG Live who has spoilt this whole thing with their crass incompetence and they are hardly being gracious in offering a refund, as it costs them NOTHING, NADA. A true goodwill gesture would be to refund all those in tiers 1 and 2 whom they've misled but still allow them to use their tickets if they choose to do so.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home