Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:01

OK, Paul, well, I bet the company responsible / RS will hate the scenario of this being blown up in the press. Much easier for them to give refunds to the few people contacting them saying they want their money back
But they really DID mislead the ticketpurchasers with their first description of the diamond tickets, so...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 13:07 by Erik_Snow.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:02

gotdablouse
Good to hear, Paul, you do mention the second fraud that came to light yesterday (inducing "Unwind Backstage Bar" purchase for £100 by not saying "The Garden" with same essential facilities exclusive to T1/T2, i.e. toilets, food, drinks, came with stock T1/T2), right ?

It's obvious that AEG do not seem to think they are accountable in any shape or form to the very people to whom they sold tickets under false pretences, so I've just reached the point where I'm thinking the only way to elicit any kind of further response from them is to make them accountable to the media instead, and that is why I'm keen to see the media pick up on this sorry state of affairs.

I mean really, big business being what it is, it's no surprise that we as members of the public are being given the brush-off ? Hey, I'm 57 years old, this is hardly news to me. But if - as a member of the public I'm indeed being given the brush-off, and I don't feel inclined to just roll over and take it - I'm going to go down fighting all the way, thank you very much indeed. so hence I'm going to continue corresponding (or trying to) with AEG, and do what I can to alert the media, and see whether that results in anything.

It may or may not, but just to sit here quietly and get spoon fed this kind of shit from AEG, no thanks - not for me.

Each to their own ..........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:08

I mentioned this earlier I purchased my tier 1 tickets from the Barclaycard pre sale & I have just emailed them asking them to explain why this has changed after all they are the ones who offered the pre sale tickets as front of stage.

This may be an avenue for those who purchased pre sale, as Barclaycard will not want the bad publicity

Date: April 7, 2013 13:12

kernowmod
I mentioned this earlier I purchased my tier 1 tickets from the Barclaycard pre sale & I have just emailed them asking them to explain why this has changed after all they are the ones who offered the pre sale tickets as front of stage.

This may be an avenue for those who purchased pre sale, as Barclaycard will not want the bad publicity

Good point !! Because pretty much all those Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets actually went in the Barclaycard presale, that's how I got mine for example. By the time the public sale started on Friday, they'd all gone.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:15

Clearly no one wants to be portrayed as a fraudster in the media and even less investigated as such by the authorities.

Again, offering a refund does not get them off the hook from being investigated for fraud, thanks again to Beast for uncovering that fact with her research.

@Paul - fully on board with your approach, there is nothing to lose, I was just wondering if in your correspondence with AEG and others you also pointed out that the sudden appearance of "The Garden" (likely to turn stock T1 and T2 into VIP packages) was in itself fraudulous in regards to previously selling the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for an extra £100.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 13:16 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 7, 2013 13:19

I was going to let this one go because I had such good tickets, but I'm going to argue for my booking fee back from them at the least, as if I purchased the tickets on the friday I wouldn't have paid the £60 booking fee, & to be honest if I knew the revised layout I may have waited.

I may not get anything but it's worth a go.

Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:20

I got my tickets to Tier 2 in the Barclaycard pre sale.

I don´t want my money back,
I want "Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission",
that I was promised when I bought the tickets!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:26

They won't change things back now, but I would be willing to keep my Tier 2 ticket at a reduced price. Say £149 with the booking fees adjusted accordingly.

I didn't buy the Backstage bar add-on, but those who did should certainly have that part of their ticket cost refunded.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:27

So how man people here made inquiries
to
1) AEG
2) BST
3) Barclaycard ?

I wrote Emails to 1 and 2. Does an inquiry to Barclay make sense when
I bought the Tier 1 tickets over at frontgatetickets.com?

Date: April 7, 2013 13:28

I must be honest I have no idea what I have purchased now, I paid £299 a ticket, I know Tier 1 is no longer across the from of the stage, but one picture says this section doesn't touch the stage barrier & another says it does but in the left corner.

Do I have access to The Garden what about the barclaycard chill out area & bar, & if the answer to all these is yes I have access, what did the Tier 1 £399 ticket buy which is different, a couple of pints in a separate tent!!!!!

very confusing they need make an official statement, if someone has the answer I would be grateful

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:28

lmatth8461
Erik_Snow
Jagger could really start a riot at Hyde Park if he says something like "and thank you to all you people behind that fence, back there, for buying the expensive tickets. Maybe you could rattle your jewellery so I could hear you"

If they pull the plug on them like they did on Springsteen last year, the riot will start of it's own accord. Ideally just after they launch into Start Me Up.

Lee

So the gig won't celebrate the legendary Hyde Park only, but Altamont as well...

- Doxa

Date: April 7, 2013 13:31

I wrote to barclaycard, both at the email address below which comes from their pre sale website & via my own barclaycard account.

barclaycard@thisisdare.com

Date: April 7, 2013 13:38

Lilla Chinchilla
I got my tickets to Tier 2 in the Barclaycard pre sale.

I don´t want my money back,
I want "Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission",
that I was promised when I bought the tickets
!

And I think - to be honest - that exactly what most people that went for Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets want. They are less concerned about the entrance/exit, bar & toilet facilities, and more concerned about the proximity to the stage. If for no other reason than it was precisely this that was so clearly highlighted on the BST webpage at the time of the presales, and that prompted pretty much everyone that bought those tickets to have made their selection.

So ultimately, if there's a "bottom line", that would be it. What do the majority of Tier 1 and Tier 2 ticket holders actually WANT ??????????? Exactly what Lilla Chinchilla points out. And nothing more, nothing less.

Sell something specific, and then on the day - provide it

And that's the bit that AEG (at least for the moment) seem to be most reluctant to take onboard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 13:40 by paulywaul.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:44

TooTough
to
1) AEG
2) BST
3) Barclaycard ?

I have send mails to AEG ([email protected]), BST ([email protected]) and First gate tickets

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:45

I wouldn't put too much faith in Barclaycard - their so-called customer services are particularly crap - I know, I have a Barclaycard. I bought 2 tier 2 tickets through their pre-sale, with access to the "Unwind" (which we now know to be utterly useless), so I have e-mailed them about this rip-off. As expected, no reply whatsoever!

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:51

I contacted the AEG, RS, Front Gate and BST Twitter accounts over this on Friday. They've been referring me back to each other and deliberately sending people in circles and down dead ends.

Date: April 7, 2013 13:52

paulywaul I agree with you I purchased at pre sale because I wanted to be at the front of the stage, not posh toilets, I was in the gods last year at the O2 & was over the moon when i got tier 1 tickets for HP, now the excitement has been washed away I know I'm not going to be at the front of the stage now, all that's left is to make the people who took away my front of stage realise what they have done.

Date: April 7, 2013 13:55

martinw I would keep trying as they responded to me last night I have replied & am waiting for a response, they are not gong to change the outcome but they won't like the bad publicity, & if nothing else if you purchased from pre sale asked for the booking fee back, small comfort but it's something

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:01

If we are still in this situation come 6th July I can only suggest direct action............if I go at all :

At 8pm the occupants of T1 and T2 climb over the barrier on mass. They can't stop everyone or find us once we have dissipated into the now seriously overcrowded front of stage GA area. F**k EM

WHO'S WITH ME ?

sc uk

ps Thanks for your efforts Pauly.

Date: April 7, 2013 14:10

starycatuk Problem is that's not very british, we tend to just stay in line & take the crap that's given to us

Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:12

The Rolling Stones London Hyde Park tickets on sale for £12,000
Article from Metro, about the mess with tickets.
Hope the link is new here.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:26

TooTough
to
1) AEG
2) BST
3) Barclaycard ?

1) AEG
2) BST

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:30

kernowmod
starycatuk Problem is that's not very british, we tend to just stay in line & take the crap that's given to us

...apart from when you're on holiday abroad, that is.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:31

straycatuk
If we are still in this situation come 6th July I can only suggest direct action............if I go at all :

At 8pm the occupants of T1 and T2 climb over the barrier on mass. They can't stop everyone or find us once we have dissipated into the now seriously overcrowded front of stage GA area. F**k EM

WHO'S WITH ME ?

sc uk

Why are you suggesting waiting until 8? Just curious.
And yes: Thanks to everyone making an effort.
I'm still hoping to buy tickets so I can't rightly submit a protest, but I'm 100% on the side of the protestors!

Date: April 7, 2013 14:32

"Plus, they're called hospitality packages"

Do these spokesmen think if they say it enough it will become true ?

I bought tickets "DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE STAGE"

I was in my local B&Q diy store this morning ....I can buy a flushing toilet to keep for less than £100 .

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.......... 5000 fans "over the top" 6th July !

scuk

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:45

straycatuk

WHO'S WITH ME ?

sc uk

Ok but that's not fair to the T3 who spent the day there...

Date: April 7, 2013 14:45

with sssoul
straycatuk

WHO'S WITH ME ?

sc uk

Why are you suggesting waiting until 8? Just curious.
And yes: Thanks to everyone making an effort.
I'm still hoping to buy tickets so I can't rightly submit a protest, but I'm 100% on the side of the protestors!

8pm should be just before the Stones come on, but maybe earlier if that's the consensus. I have the bar package - something else I didn't want ,but it seemed to be wrapped up with most of the Tier 1 and 2 tickets. We will be attempting to get our money's worth before show time, so I hadn't planned to start standing on the spot until near to the band coming on.............THAT'S WHY I PAID £399 +FEES .

SC UK

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:49

I've just made an account to say AEG more than likely haven't authorised any refund or any downgrade to any ticket provider.

I have Tier 2 tickets and am hoping to downgrade simply because it provides a better view. That or I demand they let me in at GA if I want to.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 14:51

straycatuk

Surely our Tier 1 & 2 tickets allow us entry into the Tier 3 part of the park. We aren't forced to keep to our own enclosures at all. If this were not the case, we wouldn't be able to go and see bands on the other stages, which is something I was fully intending to do.

So they would have no right to try and stop us.

Date: April 7, 2013 14:58

beepee2
straycatuk

WHO'S WITH ME ?

sc uk

Ok but that's not fair to the T3 who spent the day there...

I agree. I've suggested a solution that would solve ALL of the issues earlier in this thread :

If there are 5000 people in T1 and 2 let the 1st, say 200 to reach the tier barriers into T1 and the next 300 into T2 . Everyone gets exactly what was described AT TIME OF SALE.

THE BALL'S IN THEIR COURT . I for one am not just gonna sit here and get sh*t on .

sc uk

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home