Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 37
Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:26

What a pain in the butt. I hope in the end that the people that paid for good spots get them. I would have been very very annoyed too if what was posted was true.

Congrats to everyone who got tickets!

Re: Hyde Park "Seating Chart" compliants
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:41

Precise maps wanted: In my old 1970s school atlas (Germany) there is a map of London with Hyde Park and a "stage" somewhere by the Pond indicated. Is that the place the 1969 stage stood? Is that the same place the Stones will play 2013? Where was the stage for concerts like Prince's Trust and whoever played in Hyde Park?

Re: SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:46

Sorry to say but that's OT here, and we don't want to add to the confusion, start a new thread.

chriseganstar
gotdablouse
Good question, fake layout and fake comments as well! In any case the current replies are not satisfactory, what "updated map will be posted on the festival's website"? There is no map right now as far as I can tell, so there is no map to update! Besides weren't you told before that they were working on correcting the "fake" RS Twitter map ASAP? Are the £95 buyers still going to be led to believe by the promoter and the chimp/chimpette that they will be FOS? Doesn't seem fair to me either!

Yep, I was told they were correcting the map asap !!! asap is a relative term, of course !!! They have to break off from counting our money, which could be a little tiresome for them.

Yep, they don't seem to be in a big hurry, nothing official so far and TM has removed the map that made sense based on the descriptions...hopefully to put the correct map (Bon Jovi config as it's the only one that works and seems fair) but now that everything's sold I guess they don't have a big incentive to do it quickly...well if/until they decide to start selling the 13th! At this point I'm so disgusted by the whole ordeal that I'm not sure I'll consider fighting for tickets.

Anyway I've updated the first post for those joining in the "fun"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 20:48 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:48

Doxa
Jan Richards
Do I understand this correctly?
What Jagger says is basically that we who can afford to pay more for a ticket are not as good fans as those who cannot afford a £200+ ticket??
So lets put the boring rich guys on the side so that they can hang in the bar area.

Actually I find something admirable in that logic of Jagger's thinking...

Seriously, I think there actually is that sort of logic behind the solution. Most of the tickets in the most expensive categories will go to people who probably are just entering a "happening" via whatever channnel, and just privileged to be there, and I suppose there are lost of "hangers on" in London - without any deep fandom or anything. This is a general phemomenon in late day Stones concerts, and I suppose in London especially. I guess many of them don't even complain, or notice that teh area is in somewhere else, as far as the bar is close enough. Jagger wants more enthusiastic crowd to front him as that in his home town. you know, "The Stones in the Park" and everything...

The problem is -a VERY big problem - that among those people buying those expensive tickets are some die-hard fans who, no matter how rich or whatever they are, have put their hearts and money on tickets just to see the band close. It is them that are treated wrong.. they are the damn victims of this logic -

I really hope best for Jan and for you all others that there will be some kind of positive solution to this now. You really do deserve better.

- Doxa

Aivan oikein Doxa!

Doxa is right as usual. A lot of people has too much cash and really do not pay any attention to how they spend it. There will be loads of casual music lovers that will hang in the bar most of the time. Then suddenly some of them will notice a familiar tune, like heeey,this is Satisfaction they are playing, yeaah. Then they rush in closer to see it and someone says, hey, was it these guys who made that song...

The thing that disturbs me to a great deal is the fact that they did not show the plan BEFORE the ticket sale but only after it was sold out. That itself proves to me that something is not right here. If I would have seen that plan before buying tickets, then I would have gone for a general Tier 3 ticket. That is my problem here. Now I have a Golden ticket

Like now I have an expensive ticket close to the bar and far from the stage and others have a cheap ticket far from the bar but close to the stage. That is not right in my books anyhow. I can drink at home but if I spend a 1500 Euros on three days travelling, then I want to be close to the stage and far from the bar....

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 20:56 by Jan Richards.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:53

The Rolling Stones and AEG are trying to dig themselves out of a very big hole.
I hope they give 'Satisfaction' to all going to the gig at Hyde Park.
Fans are paying enough without all this hassle. sad smiley

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:53

The BST Front Gate tickets page has changed to remove any reference as to where T1 and T2 are located in relation to the GA tickets. They've plainly been too busy covering their tracks to answer any of my emails or tweets.

As someone who attended Springsteen's gig at Hard Rock Calling in 2012, the layout then was pretty much the same as the 'green hot water bottle' one posted today by the official Twitter feed, so it's possible that it's an old map.

If you read RS's tweets from this morning, they said that they were waiting on AEG sending over the map, so if there's been a @#$%& up that's where it started.

However, that's no excuse for ignoring worried messages from Gold and Diamond ticket holders and just retweeting people who're excited about the gig. Useless b@st@rds.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:55

JJHMick

Precise maps wanted: Where was the stage for concerts like Prince's Trust and whoever played in Hyde Park? Is that the same place the Stones will play 2013?

No precise map, but I can imagine that the stage could stand at the same place as you can see it in Google Maps (Satellite view).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:05 by Irix.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:00

Manofwealthandtaste
I think it was better organised in 1969....just turn up and enjoy the gig!

Yeah... and who knows - maybe if we think real hard, we can stop the rain !!

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:03

IMPORTANT: ROB HALLETT's response to my email, this contradicts the other "corrections" we've seen in the afternoon... but this is AEG's boss writing:

Hi

Thanks for your mail

Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.

However, the purchase of your Tier 1 tickets (i actually have Tier2) will provide you with the following:

· You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets

· You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.

· From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)

· But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.

· [You will also be entitled to all the benefits of the Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar package]

We think this Tier 1 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:

· Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)

· Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Rob Hallett

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:03

I have recieved a personal reply on email from Rob Hallett.
Will post in a minute. Just have to read thru before posting.

Same as posted above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:06 by The Worst..

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:05

Manofwealthandtaste
I think it was better organised in 1969....just turn up and enjoy the gig!

That is so on spot smiling smiley I also think it was a bit cheaper tickets back then.
Hope that Jagger has the same dress and that they throw around a few dead butterflies. A samba gang for The Devil would make my day smiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: April 5, 2013 21:06

Hell. That's awful. An umitigated effing disaster.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:06

Not a fake at all...

This is what I just received from dear mr. Rob:

Hi

Thanks for your mail

You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.

However, the purchase of your Tier 1 tickets will provide you with the following:
• You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets
• You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.
• From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)
• But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.
• [You will also be entitled to all the benefits of the Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar package]

We think this Tier 1 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:
• Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)
• Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.

Kind regards

AEG Live

...P.S.: I have Tier 2 tix, not Tier 1.

Date: April 5, 2013 21:08

That was NOT good for their reputation.It is embarrassing and not professional for a band like the Rolling Stones.

An apology is more than necessary. Using twitter, facebook etc. for marketing reasons is one thing - BUT it should be done professionally and customer friendly.

A lot of fans spend much money (that some do not even have) just to enjoy their band as near as possible and/or to have a good time without much stress in order to leave their good spot and get back without trouble and take a lot of effort to get those tickets.

Clear information is a minimum of what should be provided.

As far as I´m concerned, I didn´t even get a ticket but I am outraged about such manners.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:09

Irix
JJHMick

Precise maps wanted: Where was the stage for concerts like Prince's Trust and whoever played in Hyde Park? Is that the same place the Stones will play 2013?

No precise map, but I can imagine that the stage could stand at the same place as you can see it in Google Maps (Satellite view).

The 1969 stage was in the small area known as the cockpit with the serpentine behind them. Modern day concerts have took place in a more open, larger section of the park seen on the right of this map.

[mappery.com]

By the way, he sent a pdf file of the layout.
It looks like the same map tweeted earlier. Not a fake, in other words.

C*nts

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:10

They should do away with all these gold circles. If you want down the front you should get there early with a guitar and a bottle of booze and wait all day. The problem is that all the middle class fat cats want to do their nice meals and bottles of expensive wine followed by a nice picnic watching the Stones play satisfaction. ANyone who wants smoke a joint, drink a beer or crowd surf had better not enter the privaliged area! (bloody riff raff)

Shame that money talks nowadays. This has been the stadium gig killer - cordoned off areas and seat on the pitch!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:12

That is Rob Hallet admitting fraud

Date: April 5, 2013 21:14

This is an excerpt from the layout mr. Hallett sent me on email:

Date: April 5, 2013 21:19

Hmmmm...admittedly, that does look slightly better for the folks with Tier 1 tickets...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:20

This is what I wrote earlier today Friday 5th April .......

Dear Mr Hallett,

I have not had a reply as yet from you regarding the e-mail below, which I sent you earlier today.

Could you please provide clarity on precisely WHAT the layout is for the Hyde Park show on 6th July is, and furthermore, could you explain the statement you made to the London Evening Standard, the key text of which is as follows:

<<< Hospitality packages of up to £300 had prompted disgruntlement among fans after the concert was announced. But Mr Hallett promised that anyone who has secured the basic £95 ticket will be able to get a ringside view on July 6.
“The band wanted the regular ticket-holders to be right at the front of the stage staring at the whites of their eyes, not 200 yards away,” he said.
“The people who have coughed up for hospitality packages will get looked after in a way they have never known before. But when the doors open, if you can run faster than the next guy, it will be like any other general admission gig.”

[www.standard.co.uk]

This statement of yours is very hard to reconcile with (a) the description of tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 tickets as appeared on the BST website at the time presales commenced, which is when I personally bought a £399 ticket. I would like to point out that I chose to do so on the basis of having read THESE words on the webpage – “GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage”

I would hope therefore that on behalf of AEG you will issue a further statement clarifying the situation, and providing a definitive layout diagram clearly illustrating and describing the Tier 1 standing tickets location relative to the stage (as described at the point of sale and time of sale) – thus allaying peoples’ fears that they might not in fact have bought what they paid for, because that is the impression that is widely held at the moment.

Kind regards

Paul

And this is his reply ..............

Hi Paul

Thanks for your mail

However, the purchase of your Tier 1 tickets will provide you with the following:
• You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets
• You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.
• From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)
• But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.
• [You will also be entitled to all the benefits of the Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar package]

• Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)
• Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.

Kind regards

AEG Live

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO ALL IORR FANS THAT HAVE BOUGHT £299 or £399 Tier 1 tickets, READ THE ABOVE VERY CAREFULLY, BECAUSE MY OWN INTERPRETATION IS THAT WE HAVE BEEN THE VICTIMS OF MIS SELLING. I DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING POINTS IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN ME AND AEG:

In his reply, he does the following: He confirms that Tier 3 GA tickets will permit access to an area IN FRONT of the stage.

Now look at his choice of words when it comes to describing tier 1 tickets. He clearly states that "You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage". The key wording here is "CLOSE TO THE STAGE".

To me, that actually indicates that there is NOT a dedicated Tier 1 area in front of the stage, it rather suggests that it is offset from the stage somewhat, probably nearer to these facilities than the stage itself.

So the outstanding issue remains the key one, WHERE exactly is this exclusive area in relation to the stage, THAT is what tier 1 ticket holders want to know - plain and simple.

Again, I repeat ..... look at his choice of words:

You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.

My gut instinct has generally served me very well throughout my life, and right now, it is telling me that AEG is at fault here, and that there actually is no "diamond circle" in front of the stage, a clear misdescription of what was stated on the BST website at the time presales commenced.

In other words, THEY'VE F**KED us.

WORST FEARS CONFIRMED, here is the revised layout which they sent me as an attachment to the email above ...........

In other words, the Tier 1 ticket standing area is NOT as it was described at the time of sale. I see legal action on the horizon ........... "directly in front of the stage means exactly that, it does not mean "offset to the side of the stage".

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:41 by paulywaul.

Date: April 5, 2013 21:20

People are going to die though, squeezing everyone into that wee area.

That's why golden circles work as they spread the crowd out, not jamming them in.

That's a map for Altamont II, not Stones In the Park II.

Date: April 5, 2013 21:21

CaledonianGonzo
Hmmmm...admittedly, that does look slightly better for the folks with Tier 1 tickets...

Yes, but I really don't get the point with tier 2 looking at this map.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:22 by The Worst..

Date: April 5, 2013 21:24

What do we do with this shit ?

Date: April 5, 2013 21:27

beepee2

I don't know whether I sould downgrade to GA Tier 3 and save £100,
or ask for an upgrade to GA Tier 1 as a compensation.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:29

beepee2
... is any lawyer active in this forum?

Date: April 5, 2013 21:29

The Worst.

Come on... let's be serious...

Date: April 5, 2013 21:32

beepee2
The Worst.

Come on... let's be serious...

Why not?
They guarenteed I would have "access to an area closer to the stage than general admission" They deceived me and now try to get away with a lie offering me a downgrade.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:33

(deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:47 by Christos.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home