Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unwind Backstage Bar
Posted by: Bantambernie ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:23

Hi,

Paying an extra £100 - what does this actually get you?

From what I can see it's just entrance to " VIP" bar?

Are beers inclusive?

Re: Unwind Backstage Bar
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:25

- Fast-track private entrance to the festival, getting you in and out quickly.
- Premium Flushing toilets.
- Cloakroom service & lockers to keep your valuables safe.
- Relaxation tent where you can get a massage, treatment or body art.
- Private VIP cocktail bar
- Comfy seating areas.
- VIP food outlets.

Posted by: Bantambernie ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:33

Thanks - think i'll keep my £100!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 4, 2013 23:30

- Comfy seating areas.
- VIP food outlets.

.... with all that there won't be any time left ta fit the show in ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 5, 2013 04:39

CaledonianGonzo

- Comfy seating areas.
- VIP food outlets.

For once I am speechless...

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: April 5, 2013 04:42

Is there a package that includes a game of billiards and second hand smoke from the lads?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:53

Yep, unlike the BG/RS T1 package there is nothing "inclusive" so I'm afraid one can only come to the conclusion that the "Unwind Bar Package" is a right to access a bar with toilets/cloakroom/Seats, etc...immediately in the vicinity of the stage but where you'll have to whip out cash to get the goods! I'd like to be proven wrong of course !

Looks like 90%+ of the folks here who got Diamond/T1 had to get the package so I guess it was the price to pay to be real close...hopefully!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:56

Did ANYONE here get Tier 1 WITHOUT the bar access??? It seems they were like gold dust.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:00

I read it that drinks would have to be paid for and thats why i went for the £95 one instead. No doubt i will be cursing that decision when i am dying for a drink and pee.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:00

I did but only after 50 minutes of being told that T1 tickets were unavailable !

Date: April 5, 2013 14:01

I had a pass for a similar bar area for Neil Young in Hyde Park a few years ago. If this one is on a similar basis, then the main advantages are the separate entrance (Hyde Park Corner end) thus avoiding the lengthy security queues and the more spacious and comfortable bar/food outlets. That's it!
Having said that, this may be different from the old Hyde Park Calling set up and perhaps better - maybe with wandering minstrels reciting Shelley and bubbles floating in the air.......

Date: April 5, 2013 14:06

Haha...doubt it!

Anyway thanks for confirming what we thought, did you get the cloakroom, relaxation tent (WTF ?!) and "Comfy seating areas" too?

One issue is that if you wonder around that "Bar" you're going to have to take turns with mates in DC (or GC) so that they save your spot earned on "first arrived/first served" basis, and that may not be possible after a while...

Also, how is it going to work if you want to go see other concert areas, do they have DC/GC over there too? Probably not, oh wel...new things to discover as we go along ;-)

Date: April 5, 2013 14:16

Hum...the plot thickens :

Hospitality packages of up to £300 £399 had prompted disgruntlement among fans after the concert was announced. But Mr Hallett promised that anyone who has secured the basic £95 ticket will be able to get a ringside view on July 6.

“The band wanted the regular ticket-holders to be right at the front of the stage staring at the whites of their eyes, not 200 yards away,” he said.

“The people who have coughed up for hospitality packages will get looked after in a way they have never known before. But when the doors open, if you can run faster than the next guy, it will be like any other general admission gig.”

From [www.standard.co.uk]

I guess that at the end of the day I'd rather be right in the front rather being "looked after in a way they have never known before" !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:20 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 6, 2013 01:15

As part of the T1/T2 fiasco, see [www.iorr.org] for details we at least know where the "Unwind Backstage Bar" is now located :

Why it would be "better" than the Garden (for T1 and T2 holders) is anybody's guess...

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 6, 2013 01:20

it's probably better than T1 and T2 holders because it has bit more luxury? that's what i guess. because the description is a bit different (not a lot though) then T1 and T2

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 6, 2013 01:45

If they're not giving expert manicures, to hell with 'em.

Alternative stay put and spent 100 quid on a good restaurant. Play Stones enroute to dinner and after. Then read IORR for complaints.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:10

Damn rich people and their flushing toilets. I hate it when I go to a concert and the toilet doesn't flush. Every time that happens I get down on my knees and scream "there must be a better way!!!". Now I know there is smiling smiley

Date: April 6, 2013 02:16

I hate it when I go to a concert and the toilet doesn't flush....that's why i always carry a bucket of water ta every concert

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:17

cool smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:17

Rockman
I hate it when I go to a concert and the toilet doesn't flush....that's why i always carry a bucket of water ta every concert

Oh, is that you?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:22

Manofwealthandtaste
I had a pass for a similar bar area for Neil Young in Hyde Park a few years ago. If this one is on a similar basis, then the main advantages are the separate entrance (Hyde Park Corner end) thus avoiding the lengthy security queues and the more spacious and comfortable bar/food outlets. That's it!
Having said that, this may be different from the old Hyde Park Calling set up and perhaps better - maybe with wandering minstrels reciting Shelley and bubbles floating in the air.......

I always wondered what happened to Jacko's chimp, now he is whoring himself to AEG!

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: April 6, 2013 02:26

I always wondered what happened to Jacko's chimp

....remember the Jacko bootleg titled I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:34

Rockman
I always wondered what happened to Jacko's chimp

....remember the Jacko bootleg titled I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles ....

Come again?

Date: April 6, 2013 02:36

.well okay if ya want me to .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 03:46

Rockman
.well okay if ya want me to .....

That's what Bubbles said!

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home