Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Glastonbury UK June 29 Rolling Stones show planning
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2013 11:41

Please use this thread for Glastonbury UK Rolling Stones 2013 show planning.

GATES ARE OPEN - GLASTONBURY AS OF WEDNESDAY JUNE 26, 2013

BILL WYMAN’S RHYTHM KINGS - Acoustic Tent - Friday 18:30 - 19:30
ROLLING STONES - The Pyramid Stage - Saturday 21:30 - 23:45

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 07:24 by bv.

Re: Glastonbury UK June 29 show planning
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 4, 2013 12:04

Leave this show to the usual Glastonbury goers.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 4, 2013 12:19

Glad to see this thread...I've started my planning, me and Mrs Mouse are driving down on the wednesday, meeting friends at the site, a few days wandering around the vastness which is Glastonbury then Saturday and the greatest rock and roll band will grace the best stage on the planet. I shall be suitably loaded and ready to watch the band I've followed since I was 10 for what will be most likely my last time. Hoping to to say Hi to any IORR's who are also going. I've got my Keith at Sands Point limited edition T-shirt ready for the show and all I need now is the sun!

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: April 4, 2013 12:53

Well I missed out on tickets first time around, despite trying very hard indeed! Maybe I'll have more luck when the next lot go on sale. Then maybe I'll see you there. smileys with beer

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: April 4, 2013 12:55

skelly
Well I missed out on tickets first time around, despite trying very hard indeed! Maybe I'll have more luck when the next lot go on sale. Then maybe I'll see you there. smileys with beer

Good luck for the re-sale. Nearer the time I will give you some tips on how to get them. THis will be my 11th Glasto and I've learned a lot over the years about getting tickets!

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 4, 2013 13:44

i'll try for glasto too in the re-sale. never been to glasto but it's been on my wishlist quite some time...
so i hope i have luck... will there be any other re-sale after this one? because i heard something like that.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 13:53

Open up decent bottle of wine, sort out some nice cheese, put feet up in front of TV. Not sure how much of the set (if any) will be televised, though...

Hope anyone going has a great time, I must admit, I would have liked to have gone myself, been to 15 Glastonburys over the years (and loved them)...just a bit too much hassle involved nowadays.

If it pours with rain at the site on June 29th, I've made the right decision.

If it pours with rain at Hyde Park on July 6th, I've made the wrong one!

Lee

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 4, 2013 14:24

crumbling_mice
Glad to see this thread...I've started my planning, me and Mrs Mouse are driving down on the wednesday, meeting friends at the site, a few days wandering around the vastness which is Glastonbury then Saturday and the greatest rock and roll band will grace the best stage on the planet. I shall be suitably loaded and ready to watch the band I've followed since I was 10 for what will be most likely my last time. Hoping to to say Hi to any IORR's who are also going. I've got my Keith at Sands Point limited edition T-shirt ready for the show and all I need now is the sun!

I think you are one of the very few lucky people on IORR to be definately going to the whole festival.
If I were 30 years younger I would be there too if I got lucky with tickets. >grinning smiley<

Date: April 4, 2013 14:35

crawdaddy
crumbling_mice

I think you are one of the very few lucky people on IORR to be definately going to the whole festival.
If I were 30 years younger I would be there too if I got lucky with tickets. >grinning smiley<

Lol, I'm 51 mate and have been saying since the 80's that I'm too old for it...2011 nearly killed me with the mud and rain, but for the Stones it will be worth it. GOing to take lots of photos for those who can't amke it!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 4, 2013 15:05

I'm going, so it seems

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 4, 2013 17:13

Hilarious quote from Keith Richards on the radio just now when asked whether he had a tent and went camping : Yeah, I go camping with the kids and then sneak back to bed....but I was in Beaver Patrol when I was in the Scouts !!!!lol

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 4, 2013 19:11

bv

Plan ? Eh ? What's to plan ?

The only event worth planning for is the ceremonial destruction of every tent in the land (I suggest death by fire), plus the introduction of a new law banning rainfall during Rolling Stones concerts.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 4, 2013 19:37

paulywaul
bv

The only event worth planning for is the ceremonial destruction of every tent in the land (I suggest death by fire), plus the introduction of a new law banning rainfall during Rolling Stones concerts.

Got to admit, I hate camping, loathe it...it's ok at night sat around the fire with a spliff and a drink but morning - yuk. Damp, cold, clothes all over the place. I just about get through the 5 days with the help of going back to the car most days to freshen up and have a decent sit down in a civilised environment. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Date: April 4, 2013 20:33

crumbling_mice
paulywaul
bv

Got to admit, I hate camping, loathe it...it's ok at night sat around the fire with a spliff and a drink but morning - yuk. Damp, cold, clothes all over the place. I just about get through the 5 days with the help of going back to the car most days to freshen up and have a decent sit down in a civilised environment. Hopefully it will be worth it.

I'm 100% with you there, it's not the "camping per se", it's "camping in the UK" under its grey dreary rain-sodden skies that I just can't stand personally. Great country the UK, for lots of things, but camping just isn't one of them. Tents are for ........ well places where it's hot and dry basically, that's my take on it. cool smiley

Date: April 4, 2013 22:58

If you're going to Glastonbury, this is the kind of eventuality you have to plan for!

OK Crumbling Mice, I'm just teasing...been there loads of times myself, and though I'm a year younger than you, not sure if I would go again. Never say never though, I certainly miss the atmosphere. It comes over a bit on TV, but no substitute for being there.

I'm sure you'll have a great weekend.

Lee

Date: April 4, 2013 23:09

Just to prove that it is often sunny at Glasto, here is a photo of me from 2010! As you can see I'm proudly sporting my Stones T-shirt and a little of my Tattoo You tattoo is visible!

Date: April 4, 2013 23:12

lmatth8461

If you're going to Glastonbury, this is the kind of eventuality you have to plan for!

OK Crumbling Mice, I'm just teasing...been there loads of times myself, and though I'm a year younger than you, not sure if I would go again. Never say never though, I certainly miss the atmosphere. It comes over a bit on TV, but no substitute for being there.

Lee

Ugh ............... yikes !! Not for me, not EVER !!

Date: April 4, 2013 23:13

Glastonbury 2010 pic...Oh yes, that's the kind of Glasto I like to remember. 1997 was a mudbath, and it was raining while I was there in 1998 (I actually left early, the only time ever)...but 1999 and 2000 were glorious, maybe my favourite years of the lot.
The weather can make or break a festival.

Lee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 23:15 by lmatth8461.

Date: April 4, 2013 23:19

lmatth8461
Glastonbury 2010 pic...Oh yes, that's the kind of Glasto I like to remember. 1997 was a mudbath, and it was raining while I was there in 1998 (I actually left early, the only time ever)...but 1999 and 2000 were glorious, maybe my favourite years of the lot.

Lee

Agree.

Unfortunately, Britain's "temperate maritime" climate is as we know it, fickle and unreliable. Hoping therefore for a good summer's day in Hyde Park on 6th July instead ..........

Date: April 4, 2013 23:20

lmatth8461

Lee

Agreed on that one Lee - 2011 nearly killed me, heavy rain for days, deep mud, queues for toilets like never before, we escaped on the Sunday afternoon, I've never been so glad to see a Motorway Service Station. THink this year will be my last whatever the weather.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 4, 2013 23:23

Hey now! The mud had all pretty much dried up by lunchtime on the Sunday. It was sunburn o'clock from Saturday afternoon onwards!

Date: April 4, 2013 23:27

CaledonianGonzo
Hey now! The mud had all pretty much dried up by lunchtime on the Sunday. It was sunburn o'clock from Saturday afternoon onwards!

Lol, correct, Sunday was a heatwave, but by then we'd had enough and I'd got a lousy cold! In a way it made things worse with the sun as it dried the mud so your feet were stuck in, people were falling out of their wellingtons!

Date: April 4, 2013 23:32

There you go. Schoolboy error. Stout pair of walking boots were what was required.

But, yeah - funnily enough, I'd take 2010's weather over 2011's.

As someone attending both Glasto and Hyde Park, it's not the weather that worries me so much as the weedy sound-system at the latter.

Date: April 4, 2013 23:59

CaledonianGonzo
There you go. Schoolboy error. Stout pair of walking boots were what was required.

But, yeah - funnily enough, I'd take 2010's weather over 2011's.

As someone attending both Glasto and Hyde Park, it's not the weather that worries me so much as the weedy sound-system at the latter.

Well if you remember even the Glasto sound system for U2 was a bit pants..they sorted it out by Saturday and usually it is brilliant. Hyde Park could be a little patchy though.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 5, 2013 08:16

Need to find out what the best way to travel by train is.... To London and from London to the festival?

Date: April 5, 2013 12:22

There is a station fairly close to Glastonbury from which they run a bus shuttle service. As I remember there are special trains from London to there. All the info is here

Trains

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:03

lmatth8461

Lee

Judging by the little head in the foreground, that water must be bloody deep! I congratulate everyone who goes to Glastonbury, but it is not for me. The thought of going to the toilet, knowing the world and his wife have been there before me is not a pleasant one. The comments about the weather affecting things is totally correct. Some of my mates went a long time ago and got soaked early on and stayed that way for the duration as there was no means of getting dry. For me this can't be healthy. Well done everyone who got tickets. I hope you get a great Stones gig and a great festival, but for me this is one Stones gig on home soil I am not disappointed at missing out on!

Date: April 7, 2013 17:48

Good to hear Mick saying he is looking for song ideas for the Glastonbury set. Can you all flood him with Let It Loose.

BV can you not make this a sticky, I'm sure as time rolls on it will have sunk way back into the archives of iorr if you dont and then we'll get several threads appearing.

Thanks

Date: April 7, 2013 17:52

Was so bummed about the Hyde Park T1/ T2 fiasco that it had almost slipped my mind that I'll be seeing them at Worthy Farm the week before.

That's something, I suppose..

Date: April 7, 2013 17:55

CaledonianGonzo
Was so bummed about the Hyde Park T1/ T2 fiasco that it had almost slipped my mind that I'll be seeing them at Worthy Farm the week before.

That's something, I suppose..

Hell yes, I reckon the Glasto appearance might be a classic. No band turns up as headliners and then puts on an average show at Glasto. I think there will be a few surprises. Pray for a dry weekend mate!

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home