Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Los Angeles 2013 show planning
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2013 11:38

Please use this thread for Los Angeles Rolling Stones 2013 show planning.

L.A. Get Together

May 2nd - Wurstkuche - 8PM - 800 E 3rd St. Los Angeles 90013 - in the New Arts district about 2 blocks east of Alameda.

May 3rd (prior to show) about 6PM - Yardhouse @ Nokia Live - across the street from Staples Center

[www.facebook.com][/quote]

Just a reminder for anyone who will be in L.A.that wants to hang out the night prior to opening night

This place is just east of Little Tokyo. Please don't confuse Alameda with Alvarado.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-02 06:32 by bv.

Re: Los Angeles 2013 show planning
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 5, 2013 01:34

Leaning towards MAY 1 ???

Rolling Stones (Date may change - official date not yet announced) Los Angeles Tickets Wednesday, May 1, 2013, TBD

Staples Center (End Stage) Los Angeles, CA

gotickets

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 07:48

The promoter says they won't know the date until April 15th.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:58

Goddamn basketball!

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:23

Pretty tight, this leaves a couple of weeks between the announcement and the show itself. Not that it bothers me, based in London, but I do have a friend in Southern California who's up for a Stones gig.

Lee

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:10

Well, I left May 1 - 3 open (as well as dates after the 15th) so last minute is fine by me, less competition....

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 8, 2013 05:42

drbryant
Goddamn basketball!

Hockey, too.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 8, 2013 11:40

bv

The Los Angeles show is planned for the Staples Center in downtown LA. There might be one or more shows. The date will be announced soon. Meanwhile, please note that Anaheim is nearby LA downtown.

Not exactly nearby, I used to live in Anaheim (that's Orange County) & commute to LA. Just brave the traffic.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 9, 2013 04:53

I believe I posted this somewhere but for those of you who are flying into LA, owlbynite is so right. A VERY expensive taxi ride to Anaheim if you're flying into LAX...and a hell of a lot of traffic.

Staples Center is in downtown LA so you can get a bus from LAX. Much better location than Anaheim unless you want to hang out in Disneyland.

Date: April 9, 2013 07:30

stonesrule
I believe I posted this somewhere but for those of you who are flying into LA, owlbynite is so right. A VERY expensive taxi ride to Anaheim if you're flying into LAX...and a hell of a lot of traffic.

Staples Center is in downtown LA so you can get a bus from LAX. Much better location than Anaheim unless you want to hang out in Disneyland.

Yes, thank you Stonesrule. Where in LA are you? If people want to go to Anaheim, better to fly into John Wayne Airport or Ontario, CA.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 9, 2013 07:58

Yes, but the Honda Center in Anaheim is a better venue. The sound ain't great at Staples. I saw the Stones at the Honda Center (then called the Anaheim Pond) in 1999 and it was fantastic, more intimate than cavernous Staples with its luxury boxes that delineate the haves and the nose bleeders.

Date: April 9, 2013 07:58

owlbynite
stonesrule

Yes, thank you Stonesrule. Where in LA are you? If people want to go to Anaheim, better to fly into John Wayne Airport or Ontario, CA.

...or even Long Beach (I think Jet Blue flies there).
As I stated before, the 30 to 35 mile ride (LA downtown) can take in excess of 2 hours, from LAX, even longer.

Date: April 9, 2013 08:05

24FPS
Yes, but the Honda Center in Anaheim is a better venue. The sound ain't great at Staples. I saw the Stones at the Honda Center (then called the Anaheim Pond) in 1999 and it was fantastic, more intimate than cavernous Staples with its luxury boxes that delineate the haves and the nose bleeders.

Funny, most people I know who saw the Stones at the (then) Pond said the sound sucked, but I totally agree about the nose bleeds at Staples.

I was one who always was very critical of the sound at Staples, but I have to say I was impressed with the sound at the last 2 concerts I attended there; (Black Keys and Muse)

In full disclosure, I have never (as of yet) sat upstairs at Staples (Stones might be a first) and I have never been to a concert at the Honda Center.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 9, 2013 08:27

Yes, closer airports to Anaheim other than LAX...but I was kinda thinking people who were flying in for the "Honda" would also want to spend some time in Hollywood, Sunset Strip etc. We can likely find them a ride to Anaheim and back.

Date: April 9, 2013 09:33

owlbynite
bv

The Los Angeles show is planned for the Staples Center in downtown LA. There might be one or more shows. The date will be announced soon. Meanwhile, please note that Anaheim is nearby LA downtown.

Not exactly nearby, I used to live in Anaheim (that's Orange County) & commute to LA. Just brave the traffic.

I am quite sure I took a train directly from Anaheim to downtown LA during one show, but may be that was from Angel Stadium or may be it was from the arena, I can't remember. The train did not take long. While I have been in a car queuing to Anaheim for 3 hours too, then spent 40 minutes back after the show... I am probably the only person who travel by public transportation in LA, I have even walked from downtown LA to Dodger Stadium!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:07

Just saw that they are doing presales (CITITHING) for LA Staples, Vegas and Anaheim on April 12th 10AM local time.
[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:37

Per pollstar.com LA show is confirmed for May 2?

Date: April 9, 2013 18:39

stonesrule
Yes, closer airports to Anaheim other than LAX...but I was kinda thinking people who were flying in for the "Honda" would also want to spend some time in Hollywood, Sunset Strip etc. We can likely find them a ride to Anaheim and back.

There is a train that goes from Union Station to San Diego that stops in Anaheim not too far from the arena. Not sure of the timetable though.

I will go to the Anaheim show if I can score $85 tickets.
(I plan to be at Staples regardless of the price I have to pay.)

Date: April 9, 2013 18:41

Montrealsuperfan
Per pollstar.com LA show is confirmed for May 2?

If that ends up being the case, then if they add a show at Staples, it would be after Anaheim.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:26

THE ROLLING STONES KICK OFF 50 & COUNTING TOUR MAY 2* AT THE STAPLES CENTER IN LOS ANGELES

Tickets On-Sale for Los Angeles, Anaheim, Boston and Philadelphia Monday, April 15

* Date subject to change pending NBA/NHL playoff schedule.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 10, 2013 01:04

24FPS
I agree with Anaheim they do better show's there then in LA of late they did great show's in LA in the 70's and 80's Anaheim is better imo. But as far as the Honda center on no security you must have seen the second show only because the first night was probably the worst sound i've ever heard at a stones show it was so muddy it was #$@%^ i almost did'nt go to the second show but they did fix the problem second show was good!It was called the pond back then.

Date: April 10, 2013 01:12

bv
owlbynite
bv

I am quite sure I took a train directly from Anaheim to downtown LA during one show, but may be that was from Angel Stadium or may be it was from the arena, I can't remember. The train did not take long. While I have been in a car queuing to Anaheim for 3 hours too, then spent 40 minutes back after the show... I am probably the only person who travel by public transportation in LA, I have even walked from downtown LA to Dodger Stadium!
Yes bv i do it all the time. You can take the amtrak or the metrolink to Anaheim stadium and then walk to the Honda center it's only like 6 to 8 blocks max you will get there faster walking because the trffic jam there on events is insane especially if the Angels are playing that night too.

Date: April 10, 2013 01:19

Like Keef says he just goes out there and wings it. That's how i'm doing this tour i'm winging it. 2 of my great shows on A Bigger Bang Tour were winged Lyon France which was the best show for me of the tour i saw did not have a ticket but scored a fos 15 minutes before show time from someone in the stones camp,and then the anaheim show i think still in 05 maybe 06 i got them from a ticket broker set up at the stadium 7th row Keef's side 2 tickets for 500 and sat right in front of Dan was, exact seat behind me cool dude with his wife and kids very friendly guy Dan.Got Charlies stick that night too! Winging it might be the epic thing to do!

Posted by: bobstones51 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:34

LOS ANGELES IS MY HOME TOWN. FIRST SAW THEM IN 66, HOLLYWOOD BOWL, THEN FORUM 69-72-73-75; COLISEUM 81-89- STAPLES= ANAHEIM POND AND STADIUM, ETC. ETC. LA LIVE IS GREAT DOWN THE STREET FROM STAPLES. BIG COURTYARD. MAYBE THEY WILL PLAY STONES SONGS SO WE CAN DANCE ON THE COURTYARD THERE.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING AND MEETING THE REAL OLD TIME BOULDERS

Robert Sherman

Date: April 10, 2013 23:33

bobstones51
LOS ANGELES IS MY HOME TOWN. FIRST SAW THEM IN 66, HOLLYWOOD BOWL, THEN FORUM 69-72-73-75; COLISEUM 81-89- STAPLES= ANAHEIM POND AND STADIUM, ETC. ETC. LA LIVE IS GREAT DOWN THE STREET FROM STAPLES. BIG COURTYARD. MAYBE THEY WILL PLAY STONES SONGS SO WE CAN DANCE ON THE COURTYARD THERE.

I am impressed! And of course I do envy anyone who saw the Stones with Brian Jones in the 60's... Los Angeles is just like London and NYC the perfect place for the Stones. Great crowds. My best shows there were probably Wiltern and the Hollywood Bowl shows. And of course the moment in 2002 when Mick sang "I was the pitcher" at Angel Stadium, and they put that pitch up on the big screen behind the band! The Anaheim Angels world championship win on the very same stadium just days before the show helped a lot of course...

Bjornulf

Date: April 10, 2013 23:33

bv
owlbynite
bv

When I lived in Anaheim, Metrolink didn't even service it. After all, it was the last century!

Date: April 10, 2013 23:37

BluzDude
owlbynite
stonesrule

...or even Long Beach (I think Jet Blue flies there).
As I stated before, the 30 to 35 mile ride (LA downtown) can take in excess of 2 hours, from LAX, even longer.

Yes, also Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport.

Date: April 10, 2013 23:39

BluzDude
stonesrule

There is a train that goes from Union Station to San Diego that stops in Anaheim not too far from the arena. Not sure of the timetable though.

How do we score those $85 tickets?

Date: April 11, 2013 01:57

owlbynite
BluzDude
stonesrule

How do we score those $85 tickets?

be at the right place at the right time - Monday morning 10AM in front of your computer

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 11, 2013 01:59

bv
bobstones51

I am impressed! And of course I do envy anyone who saw the Stones with Brian Jones in the 60's... Los Angeles is just like London and NYC the perfect place for the Stones. Great crowds. My best shows there were probably Wiltern and the Hollywood Bowl shows. And of course the moment in 2002 when Mick sang "I was the pitcher" at Angel Stadium, and they put that pitch up on the big screen behind the band! The Anaheim Angels world championship win on the very same stadium just days before the show helped a lot of course...

I remember that 2002 moment at Angel Statium - epic!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home