Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: $85 ticket misshap
Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 17:47

You could use the $85 tickets by showing up at the will call, checking in with someone that you have sold the extra to, go into the show and then use another exit to go back out. Meet up with your significant other/friend and go in and use the $600 ducats. Of course, if the $85 ticket is a pit seat, then stay there and call your friend and tell them to sell the other $600 seat for a couple hundred (shouldn't be too hard) and go sit there by themselves.

At least you aren't losing all your investment...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 16, 2013 17:51

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2013 17:54

GumbootCloggeroo
Have you tried restarting your computer?

CTRL ALT DELETE!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 16, 2013 19:35

oldbarbarian78
Any ideas? I think I'm f#%*ed!!!!

Escalate the issue with ComcastTix Customer Service and have them cancel one of the orders. Contest the charge with your credit card company if they don't accommodate.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2013 19:46

bye bye johnny
oldbarbarian78

Escalate the issue with ComcastTix Customer Service and have them cancel one of the orders. Contest the charge with your credit card company if they don't accommodate.

I've done this several times before with ticketmaster...bought some tickets, and a little while later saw better tickets and bought them.*
I called ticketmaster and said my computer crashed (or their system screwed up) in the middle of my first order and didn't think it went through so made the 2nd order.
They confimred there were two orders, then asked which order I wanted to keep, and cancelled the other one.
Nothing wrong with a little white lie once in a while, especially when it involves concert tickets.

*Keep in mind, these orders were within ten minutes of eachother.

Posted by: DMBBeav ()
Date: April 16, 2013 20:37

Not me (I live in Los Angeles and will be here for the show) but my Dad - who is a fan and has never been to a show - might be able to help you out. He wants to see the guys but doesn't want to spend the larger money for the ticket.

He might be able to work with you by paying for the $85 and taking whatever pair you don't want.

Let me know.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 16, 2013 20:54

I can't believe all of you folks that get access to $85 tickets! I've been trying for ONE for the Boston show and have had ZERO luck and I hear of people getting more than they can use!angry smiley GEEEE! What am I doing WRONG?

Re: Philadelphia June 2013 show planning
Date: April 16, 2013 20:59

You have to buy them in pairs (no single $85 tickets). Keep trying and good luck!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 17, 2013 04:42

For the Newark show, I sold a ticket to someone on these boards and met them at will call and gave them the ticket. Easy peazy.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 17, 2013 16:51

Oh my god. I just got $85 tickets for the Friday Philly show. I can't believe it. Keep trying. They are there. All I can say.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 17, 2013 16:59

some will pop up as orders are cancelled (people who ordered more than one pair, credit cards declined, etc), maybe they held back some pairs for small drops. Keep trying.

Posted by: oldbarbarian78 ()
Date: April 17, 2013 17:08

Hairball
bye bye johnny
oldbarbarian78

I've done this several times before with ticketmaster...bought some tickets, and a little while later saw better tickets and bought them.*
I called ticketmaster and said my computer crashed (or their system screwed up) in the middle of my first order and didn't think it went through so made the 2nd order.
They confimred there were two orders, then asked which order I wanted to keep, and cancelled the other one.
Nothing wrong with a little white lie once in a while, especially when it involves concert tickets.

*Keep in mind, these orders were within ten minutes of eachother.

Hairball, your advice paid off. Thanks. They took them back and hopefully one of you hoping to score them for the Tuesday night show will make out.

Now let's get this party started!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 18, 2013 19:52

I am very happy about my $85 tickets to see the Stones, but I am not happy about how much the Holiday Inn jacks up the price for event nights. Almost $300 for 6/19 and almost $350 for 6/21. In contrast, staying at the Mariott in Newark last December was great, walking distance to the Pru and the price was very resonable.

I am keeping the reservation for now, as I didn't see any other hotels that close to the venue. Anybody know if there are other good choices near the Wells Fargo Center?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 18, 2013 20:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 17:19 by schillid.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 19, 2013 21:42

Subway is right outside the arena. Get a nice hotel room in Center City for probably half the cost of the crummy Holiday Inn.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: April 20, 2013 17:06

me and a buddy scored side view for the friday show!!!

Looking forward to this one big time

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 23, 2013 15:34

looks like i will be in philly for the first show 6/18.

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: April 24, 2013 15:35

Embassy Suites 2 Large room SUite, full breakfast and happy hour in the afternoon with open bar, about $200/night including taxes and fees. Not bad....a short subway ride away....

Date: April 24, 2013 15:58

tommyquinn
Embassy Suites 2 Large room SUite, full breakfast and happy hour in the afternoon with open bar, about $200/night including taxes and fees. Not bad....a short subway ride away....

Good to know tommyquinn, thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, I still have the reservation at the Holiday Inn, but maybe I'll switch it to someplace cheaper, at least for the Tuesday night show. Friday night I'll be with my sister who has been known to knock back quite a few and as I don't relish the thought of pouring her onto the subway, it might be best to stay close by that night. cool smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 26, 2013 13:54

i am going to philly first night .cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: April 26, 2013 14:06

I have 1 extra $85 ticket for each show, trying to decide what I want to do with these..... Wish I could have gotten just one....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-26 14:06 by tommyquinn.

Date: April 26, 2013 14:13

tommyquinn
I have 1 extra $85 ticket for each show, trying to decide what I want to do with these..... Wish I could have gotten just one....

tommyquinn, please get in touch with schillid, he has been trying to get a $85 ticket to Philly show. If you have an extra for Sat. night, I'd love to bring both my sisters, so I would take that one.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 26, 2013 19:56

tommyquinn

Hi Tommy! I would be happy to buy either (or both if you don't sell it to latebloomer)!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 00:29 by schillid.

Date: April 26, 2013 20:19

schillid
tommyquinn

Hi Tommy! I would be happy to buy either (or both if you don't sell it to latebloomer)!

It's OK David, I'll give you first dibs. It would be nice to bring my sister, but she doesn't have to come. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-26 23:22 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Airgarcia ()
Date: April 26, 2013 20:38

Howdy. First post after lurkin. I'm in Philly and can suggest to those looking for rooms to search airport hotels (PHL) as they are more plentiful and cheaper. A ride to the airport area from the WF Ctr is 25 give or take. The airport is just two short exits south of the arena area, much closer than center city.
Just an FYI.
I'm hitting 6/21. Scored the $85 package. Crossing fingers.
Peace.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 26, 2013 20:50

Airgarcia
Howdy. First post after lurkin. I'm in Philly and can suggest to those looking for rooms to search airport hotels (PHL) as they are more plentiful and cheaper. A ride to the airport area from the WF Ctr is 25 give or take. The airport is just two short exits south of the arena area, much closer than center city.
Just an FYI.
I'm hitting 6/21. Scored the $85 package. Crossing fingers.
Peace.

That rates as one of the best first post of all time on IORR, Perfecto!

Welcome to the club Airgarcia smileys with beer

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: April 29, 2013 19:59

Just checked Comcast tix. Excellent seats for Friday June 21st available. 447.00 section 115 row 15 is available. I just bought row 13. Save 150 by sitting 5 rows up. Low seat numbers are the best in this section, they will put you towards 114. Section 114 row 8 is coming up now for 600.00. I would take section 115, row 15 on the aisle 1,2 for 447.00 though over these.

Just trying to help.

Good luck.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 29, 2013 20:32

Blackdog
Just checked Comcast tix. Excellent seats for Friday June 21st available. 447.00 section 115 row 15 is available. I just bought row 13. Save 150 by sitting 5 rows up. Low seat numbers are the best in this section, they will put you towards 114. Section 114 row 8 is coming up now for 600.00. I would take section 115, row 15 on the aisle 1,2 for 447.00 though over these.

Just trying to help.

Good luck.

YOU ARE HELPING.
I JUST CANT BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD PAY $447 TO SEE A CONCERT.
IM THE BIGGEST STONES NUT THERE IS.SEEN THEM 17X.
I GUESS NOT THIS TIME.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 29, 2013 20:34

BILLPERKS
Blackdog

Just trying to help.

Good luck.

YOU ARE HELPING.
I GUESS NOT THIS TIME.

THIS TOUR IS NOT FOR STONES NUTS

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: April 29, 2013 20:39

Munichhilton
BILLPERKS
Blackdog

Just trying to help.

Good luck.

YOU ARE HELPING.
I GUESS NOT THIS TIME.

THIS TOUR IS NOT FOR STONES NUTS

I wouldn't pay this amount either, but I like Mick Taylor. Only reason I'm going after 28 shows.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home