Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Philadelphia June 2013 show planning
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2013 11:34

Please use this thread for Philadelphia Rolling Stones 2013 show planning.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 17:10 by bv.

Re: Philadelphia June 2013 show planning
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 4, 2013 18:30

Any idea when tickets go on sale for Philly?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 4, 2013 22:56

I can't believe there making me go there... Listen Stones, Newark is not New York and Brooklyn as romantic as it is an outer borough. Skipping Manhattan is skipping New York. I am looking forward to a cheese steak but not the horrible Amtrak ride.

Date: April 5, 2013 01:08

Not many people posting here, I guess I'll have the place to myself. Half the crowd will be from New York, Amtrak and the New Jersey Turnpike Troopers are going to be busy... New York needs a show,,,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 01:10 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: April 5, 2013 02:38

Pittsburgh PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I'll drive to Philly if I have too :-(

Date: April 5, 2013 02:49

"All things considered, I’d rather be in Philadelphia.” W.C. Fields

Date: April 5, 2013 03:14

My other alternative is Boston which is about the same and a little further.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 5, 2013 03:47

Oh for pete's sake DoomandGloom, don't be so gloomy...I'm going to Philly and I'm taking Amtrak too, but from DC, otherwise I'd sit with you and hold your hand since you hate it so much. I'll buy you a beer, if it'll keep you from crying...

Once you get there and are at the concert, it will all be worth it. You can thank me later. grinning smiley

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: April 5, 2013 03:52

hoping to hit boston and philly...from Delaware!

Date: April 5, 2013 03:55

I am copying from the main tour dates thread some good advice given to me by Rockyfan and fleabitmonkey about where to stay in Philly, many thanks guys.

It's about half way down the thread page.

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 04:00 by latebloomer.

Date: April 5, 2013 04:07

mjaggergirl
hoping to hit boston and philly...from Delaware!

Hey mjaggergirl, are you taking the train? The amtrak route from DC to the northeast always stops in Newark DE.

Date: April 5, 2013 04:15

latebloomer
Oh for pete's sake DoomandGloom, don't be so gloomy...I'm going to Philly and I'm taking Amtrak too, but from DC, otherwise I'd sit with you and hold your hand since you hate it so much. I'll buy you a beer, if it'll keep you from crying...

Once you get there and are at the concert, it will all be worth it. You can thank me later. grinning smiley
I will eat cheese steaks and see The Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall. I will welcome any "tea and sympathy" I imagine they'll be a meeting place for IORRers where we can drink beer and complain about the set list.

Date: April 5, 2013 04:24

DoomandGloom
latebloomer

I will eat cheese steaks and see The Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall. I will welcome any "tea and sympathy" I imagine they'll be a meeting place for IORRers where we can drink beer and complain about the set list.

That's the spirt!smiling smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 04:36

Philly on a Tuesday. Worst possible day of the week given my work schedule. If Philly sells out quick, and the Stones add another Philly show, I hope the second show is on Friday (6/21) but knowing my luck it will be on Thursday...Oh well at least I can get a great cheese steak in Philly compared to Newark which seemed to offer nothing very good besides the Stones concert.

I really wish they would play DC but I know it is probably considered a second tier market as far as the Stones are concerned.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: April 5, 2013 04:44

headly123
Lets just call it as we see it. Philly sucks. Period. They are the rudest bunch of dickheads I have ever had the misfortune of visiting. When you have to have a court room in a stadium to control the animals there you have a problem.
Does this mean we won't have the pleasure of your company in Philly?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2013 05:54

I will be there. I just love Philly and the Stones there. And there might me more shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: April 5, 2013 06:22

bv
I will be there. I just love Philly and the Stones there. And there might me more shows.
The Tri State Area (South Jersey,Northern Delaware and South East Pennsylvania) LOVE the Stones!! If ticket sales dictate whether its one or two shows there will be two in Philly.

Date: April 5, 2013 06:52

bv
I will buy you a cheese steak.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: April 5, 2013 07:23

I'll be there as I have seen them in my hometown of Philly at every tour since Voodoo Lounge. I must say the Newark show I attended on 12/13/12 was my all time fav as I was 7 rows from the band behind Lisa and Bernard. Can't wait to see them again.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:10

Wells Fargo Center info from Comcast Tix. No prices yet:

On Sale - Monday April 15, 10AM

CitiCard pre-sale - Friday April 12, 10AM thru Sunday April 14 10PM

[www.comcasttix.com]

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:51

We haven't seen a Stones-specific seating chart for this show yet have we? I see the general concert chart on the Comcasttix site but something like the San Jose seating chart would be more helpful.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:01

Comcast Tix has listed 5 price levels, most notably - and doubtless in error - $67 Pit GA tickets:

[ev15.evenue.net]

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:28

DoomandGloom
I can't believe there making me go there... Listen Stones, Newark is not New York and Brooklyn as romantic as it is an outer borough. Skipping Manhattan is skipping New York. I am looking forward to a cheese steak but not the horrible Amtrak ride.

STFU, you whining, entitled, elitist brat! "Skipping Manhattan is skipping New York"? Sorry, pal, Manhattan is but one of NYC's five boroughs. You should consider getting outside Manhattan more often to broaden your horizons.

The NYC metro area already had three shows. The rest of the USA hasn't had any. So put on your big girl panties with a fresh Depends and make a road trip. Take a Chinatown bus if necessary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 18:12 by ab.

Date: April 6, 2013 23:36

I decided to go with the Holiday Inn down the street from the Wells Fargo Center as I like being close to the venue after a concert. I booked a stretch of days to cover any added concerts, I suggest you all might want to do the same as they are sure to add another date. It's a lot easier to cancel a hotel reservation than to make one.

Now all I need is a few tickets. My family thinks I've lost my mind again, good thing they have to put up with me. cool smiley

Date: April 7, 2013 08:03

ab
DoomandGloom

STFU, you whining, entitled, elitist brat! "Skipping Manhattan is skipping New York"? Sorry, pal, Manhattan is but one of NYC's five boroughs. You should consider getting outside Manhattan more often to broaden your horizons.

The NYC metro area already had three shows. The rest of the USA hasn't had any. So put on your big girl panties with a fresh Depends and make a road trip. Take a Chinatown bus if necessary.
A Chinese bus for a British band? Does it have a buffet? I really think this trip calls for a double decker with sleepers. Are we there yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 08:06 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:30

Ticket prices are up on Wells Fargo Center in Philly. As quoted earlier. Public sale is Monday April 15. I guess Citi customers presale is Friday.

Posted by: patoyou ()
Date: April 9, 2013 06:21

Do you know if there will be $85.00 tickets for Philly? Any talk about a 2nd show there?

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:32

They will have the $85 tickets according to the Wells Fargo Center website. Don't know about a second show, but chances are very good they will. The arena is free and available up through Friday June 21st(six consecutive days) and with a very large market (and the NY market nearby without any shows at the moment) it should be a no brainer to add a second show.

I don't see how they get 18 arena shows in before they leave for Glastonbury. Right now I think they have 12 with only a couple more opportunities unless they start playing some back to back nights and or add another city or two.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 10, 2013 07:18

There will be a second Philly show June 21

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 10, 2013 15:22

philadelphia freedom shine a light on me ,you know i love love love you yes i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home