Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Boston June 2013 show planning
Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 8, 2013 23:28

Really getting stoked for these 2 shows...driving down from east coast of Canada. Impossible to make it at 4:20...any Bostonians that can help me make it in time?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 8, 2013 23:52

Agreed that if you are from out of town, try to avoid driving. The T is fairly easy, probably much cheaper than parking in town, and North Station IS the Garden.
Also agree that I can't wait for the 2 Boston shows!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:02

DEmerson
Agreed that if you are from out of town, try to avoid driving. The T is fairly easy, probably much cheaper than parking in town, and North Station IS the Garden.
Also agree that I can't wait for the 2 Boston shows!!

I will try to be in the area of the TD Garden -say around 5:30 Where is the best Stones fans bar to be? I want to be at TD around 7:00 due to security causing long entry. Hopefully it is not TSA - I don't want to be groped.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 9, 2013 00:05

Chris - Which night are you going?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 9, 2013 02:12

Friday Night and we all kick ass!!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 11, 2013 22:38

Tomorrow show time "The North Star" is the place to meet up before the show. But I will be here all week, and I can't afford to stay downtown, so I checked into the suburbs, hated the rain, and when it finally ended this morning, I took a stroll in the local neighbourhood. So this is what I found out...

I love Boston! And I love America! While they turn all other joints into burger shops and hip discos, you can still find real good places you feel like home. First of all, Boston is Stonesland. Tour start. Foxboro. The Green Monster. The Fruit Of The Loom shows. Sure Boston is Stonesland.

So I am still in European time zone work hours believe it or not, waking up at 3am and going to bed before the kids in America... Funny thing is I never get tired during shows. So today I walked over to something they call East Broadway in Boston. Never been here before. It was not really impressing area, I am more into downtown Boston. But then I found this place:

Mount Vernon Restaurant & Pub
14 Broadway, Somerville

I did not know these places existed anymore. Well I have been to a few during my Stones travels in America, but this one was complete! Walking distance, great service, local customers only (except for me), 14+ draft beers, all including my favorites, budget lobster meals, and this feel of a mix of a pub and a restaurant that has been there for 100 years or so, hard to explain. So I finally found my waterhole, my "home" place to be between shows and work in my "office" in Boston. If you are around then let me know, and we can have a beer or a lunch here. Between shows. Boston is Stonesland now!

PS. And I did not even mention ice hockey.... There more fun to come in Boston. NHL...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 11, 2013 23:13

bv
Tomorrow show time "The North Star" is the place to meet up before the show. But I will be here all week, and I can't afford to stay downtown, so I checked into the suburbs, hated the rain, and when it finally ended this morning, I took a stroll in the local neighbourhood. So this is what I found out...

I love Boston! And I love America! While they turn all other joints into burger shops and hip discos, you can still find real good places you feel like home. First of all, Boston is Stonesland. Tour start. Foxboro. The Green Monster. The Fruit Of The Loom shows. Sure Boston is Stonesland.

So I am still in European time zone work hours believe it or not, waking up at 3am and going to bed before the kids in America... Funny thing is I never get tired during shows. So today I walked over to something they call East Broadway in Boston. Never been here before. It was not really impressing area, I am more into downtown Boston. But then I found this place:

14 Broadway, Somerville

I did not know these places existed anymore. Well I have been to a few during my Stones travels in America, but this one was complete! Walking distance, great service, local customers only (except for me), 14+ draft beers, all including my favorites, budget lobster meals, and this feel of a mix of a pub and a restaurant that has been there for 100 years or so, hard to explain. So I finally found my waterhole, my "home" place to be between shows and work in my "office" in Boston. If you are around then let me know, and we can have a beer or a lunch here. Between shows. Boston is Stonesland now!

PS. And I did not even mention ice hockey.... There more fun to come in Boston. NHL...

You should be here for St. Patty's Day. BTW, it's "Green Monstah"....lol!! Looking forward to the North Star.....

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: June 11, 2013 23:17

$85 tickets up RIGHT NOW (4:16PM) I just pulled 2 and threw them back.

Posted by: dcfan1 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 23:40

So...the $85s have been on sale for 4 1/2 hours and still not sold out. What does this tell us? Looks like the entire high price strategy was a disaster that left a lot of people put off. The show must be way, way undersold.

Any other thoughts?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:06

Hi pulled up a pair and quickly offered them to five different people who were interested a few months back, but none of them wanted them anymore. Hockey time for them.

Date: June 12, 2013 00:09

slew
If you are not familiar with Boston don't drive in. its one of the worst cities to drive in in the country. The green line is easy. the only thing with the transit system is you won't have any time to go out after the show. I think they stop running after midnight.

Yes, driving and parking can be a problem. What I sometimes do is to still drive into town (to avoid the train stopping early problem, but i don't park near the Garden. Park, say over on in the downtown area in a garage or you might even find street parking and then take a cab or walk over.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:11

dcfan1
So...the $85s have been on sale for 4 1/2 hours and still not sold out. What does this tell us? Looks like the entire high price strategy was a disaster that left a lot of people put off. The show must be way, way undersold.

Any other thoughts?
Yeah. My thought is I hope Philly is the same way and I have a better shot at seats other than the nosebleeds.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:14

RollingFreak
dcfan1

Any other thoughts?
Yeah. My thought is I hope Philly is the same way and I have a better shot at seats other than the nosebleeds.
It tells me the Stones' promoters "can't always get what they want".

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 12, 2013 00:15

Just looked at TM. 2 lowers in Loge 7, Row 10, for $165. Not taking them; going in Philly.

For cheap seats, the Boston 2d show just has $250 seats in the balcony.

Date: June 12, 2013 00:17

bv

East Broadway in Boston. Never been here before. It was not really impressing area, I am more into downtown Boston. But then I found this place:

14 Broadway, Somerville

I don't even think i know where "East Broadway" is. I think it's South Boston. I haven't been there for a few years, heard they were trying to turn it around, but if that's where it is, I didn't feel particular safe there.

Which suburb are you staying in, Somerville? I guess technically it's a suburb of Boston, but I consider it part of Boston and still very much "cityish'. It's mostly where the poor college kids or working kids in their 20's live until they can make some money and move.

When I think of the suburbs of Boston, I think you need to travel at least 20 minutes before you start hitting those.

In any event, glad to hear you like our fair city.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:18

So, does that mean that those of us with the $85 seats stand a good chance at decent seats? It would seem logical....why give us nosebleeds if they're not sold out...or even close to being sold out? They would want fans close to the stage...using the $85 pairs to fill in the spaces.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:40

Oh I do hope that is the case, mickschix.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:05

Yes lets keep our fingers crossed it means better seats for us 85ers.....

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:37

Wow , I just checked RS.com and they are still offering $ 85 tickets for Wednesday .

There must be quite a few tickets as they are advertising the show on Boston Television stations .

I'm really shocked just a few years ago it was so damn hard to get a ticket .

Date: June 12, 2013 02:48

boston2006
Wow , I just checked RS.com and they are still offering $ 85 tickets for Wednesday .

There must be quite a few tickets as they are advertising the show on Boston Television stations .

For most people, spending $200 on a ticket they expect front row. I know a lot of people that consider themselves RSs fans that just won't pay even for the cheap tickets. It really is ridiculous money.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 12, 2013 03:14

ALL THE BOSTON JOCKS WILL BE WATCHING THE GAME SOMEWHERE MAKING FOR A BETTER AUDIENCE AT THE SHOW!!

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 04:09

I got $250 on the presale. Didn't want to risk being shut out. Oh well. Anyways the Wednesday night show is a special anniversary for me. It was 38 years ago to the day (June 11 1975) that I saw the Stones for the 1st time. A high school graduation present from my dad (miss him so). Tour of The Americas, inflatable balloon for Star Star, the Confetti Spewing Dragon, Ron Wood "guesting" & a rare treat, Fingerprint File with Mick on guitar. But what makes it even more special was my wife was very pregnant at the time. She enjoyed the show & then gave birth to my first born son 4 days later!!!!

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 15:13

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Seems like they're all gone now.

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: June 12, 2013 15:36

CindyC
boston2006

For most people, spending $200 on a ticket they expect front row. I know a lot of people that consider themselves RSs fans that just won't pay even for the cheap tickets. It really is ridiculous money.

Last time round paid $453 face, 4 tix both nights in Boston..treated 3 different friends each night plus hotel in crawling distance. My financial sitch. a lot different these days and a pal of mine got in on the $85 drop yesterday and hooked me up! As the song goes "What goes around...comes around" Woke up this morning and am absolutely stoked!!!!!

pre-show thoughts..WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
..hopefully $85 placement/upgrade Gods are smiling on us, but just happy to be in the house! smileys with beer
North Star or upstairs at The Fours perhaps for pre-game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 15:40 by Borncrosseyed.

Date: June 12, 2013 16:04

Borncrosseyed
CindyC
boston2006

Last time round paid $453 face, 4 tix both nights in Boston..treated 3 different friends each night plus hotel in crawling distance. My financial sitch. a lot different these days and a pal of mine got in on the $85 drop yesterday and hooked me up! As the song goes "What goes around...comes around" Woke up this morning and am absolutely stoked!!!!!

pre-show thoughts..WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
..hopefully $85 placement/upgrade Gods are smiling on us, but just happy to be in the house! smileys with beer
North Star or upstairs at The Fours perhaps for pre-game.

Was hoping for a Bruins themed shirt but the Celtics is acceptable.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:14

Dan, are you at the north start? Come find me, I'm up front on the non shidobee side.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 08:59

CindyC
Dan, are you at the north start? Come find me, I'm up front on the non shidobee side.

Hi Cindy , I was in there from about 5 - 6:30 . Was looking around for you but obviously I failed to see you anywhere . I recommend the Turkey Club and a Bloody Mary .

To those going Friday enjoy the show !

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2013 09:11

I went to "The North Star" around 5pm. Asked for a table. There were plenty of free tables. The girl at the entrance refused me because I was alone. Not even sitting by the bar was an option. The North Star want groups of people only so I left. Not my kind of place. I never waste time on places I don't like. So I walked around the corner and found a nice place. I did even meet some great fans from Argentina! I will be at McGann's on Friday too...

McGann's
197 Portland St
[www.mcgannsirishpub.com]

Bjornulf

Date: June 13, 2013 14:13

bv
I went to "The North Star" around 5pm. Asked for a table. There were plenty of free tables. The girl at the entrance refused me because I was alone. Not even sitting by the bar was an option. The North Star want groups of people only so I left. Not my kind of place. I never waste time on places I don't like. So I walked around the corner and found a nice place. I did even meet some great fans from Argentina! I will be at McGann's on Friday too...

McGann's
197 Portland St
[www.mcgannsirishpub.com]

Sorry we missed you BV. You should have joined the Shidoobee's section but maybe that's not your cup of tea. Quite the gathering, very nice folks from across the US.

Date: June 13, 2013 16:56

boston2006
CindyC

Hi Cindy , I was in there from about 5 - 6:30 . Was looking around for you but obviously I failed to see you anywhere . I recommend the Turkey Club and a Bloody Mary .

To those going Friday enjoy the show !

Sorry I missed you. Were you at a table close to the front on the non-Shidoobee side? I thought I saw you and was going to ask after I returned from the ladies room, but when I got back, you guys had gone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home