Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Toronto May+June 2013 show planning
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:56

It's a little ironic that The Stones have added a second show so more fans can see them and yet the ticket prices are so damn high that they are losing a huge base of fans that can't afford to go.

The Stones are ass-holes.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:57

Anyone have a Satisfaction pre-sale code they aren't using? They went on sale at 12:15 EST today.

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:57

voodoo
exile

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:23

Two Tongue Pit tix for the June show.

Date: April 6, 2013 01:46

Got a couple of $247 fix. Now comes the tough part. What about the second Toronto show? Should I?????

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:01

GumbootCloggeroo
It's a little ironic that The Stones have added a second show so more fans can see them and yet the ticket prices are so damn high that they are losing a huge base of fans that can't afford to go.

The Stones are ass-holes.
But they piss anywhere man....even on us....hint, don't spring for the Golden Shower package.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:10

EXILE is the satisfaction pre-sale code

I got section 117 right beside Keith for June 6th

Not willing to wait for the general sale so I'm happy

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 6, 2013 06:56

marclaff
You're right : 110 and 117 are better seats than on the floor

Having that extra few feet to look over everyone's heads is key.

Re: Toronto May 2013 show planning
Date: April 6, 2013 06:59

Cocaine Eyes
Hello - Torontonian here! I'm now spending my time in our home in The Muskokas. I'll leave the tickets to you guys. grinning smiley We're planning to sell our Toronto house, so I'll not be going this time.

Now......IF they do a small gig.....I'll be there with bells on!!

smoking smiley

As shall I, Madame. But I ain't holding my breath.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:37

I love music. Could not imagine life without life music. Have seen the Stones in TO 5 times. But investing my $600 in going to 30 or 40 small shows by bands that still play with fire and passion, whether teenage garage rockers of 70-something blues or folk players. Not spending it to fund Mick and Keith's retirement. The only attraction in these shows for me is Mick Taylor, but have seen him solo (boring and sloppy) and not impressed with his performance on one song in each of the December shows.

Enjoy those who are going. Try to remember to also support live music by bands that are actually out there playing with passion and fire, working their asses off.

Date: April 6, 2013 17:47

buffalo7478
I love music. Could not imagine life without life music. Have seen the Stones in TO 5 times. But investing my $600 in going to 30 or 40 small shows by bands that still play with fire and passion, whether teenage garage rockers of 70-something blues or folk players. Not spending it to fund Mick and Keith's retirement. The only attraction in these shows for me is Mick Taylor, but have seen him solo (boring and sloppy) and not impressed with his performance on one song in each of the December shows.

Enjoy those who are going. Try to remember to also support live music by bands that are actually out there playing with passion and fire, working their asses off.

And that is it in a nutshell.
I've seen at least a dozen amazing live shows this year and none cost more than 30 bucks at the door.

Those clubs like The Horseshoe or The Phoenix (among others) that the Stones played at have great bands in all the time.

That said, the one see-the-legends-I've-never-seen-before trip I'm thinking of taking is down to Buffalo to see Bob Seger with Joe Walsh opening.
But I think top ticket there is only 150 or so.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 18:01 by andrewt.

Date: April 6, 2013 17:52

buffalo7478

...and it's not as though they need additional monies for retirement funding. This is about estate planning now...getting ready for the intergenerational transfer of wealth so the Marlon's, Lizzie's, Jade's, Theodora's, Alexandra's and THEIR offspring are not left wanting.

Date: April 6, 2013 18:04

treaclefingers
buffalo7478

...and it's not as though they need additional monies for retirement funding. This is about estate planning now...getting ready for the intergenerational transfer of wealth so the Marlon's, Lizzie's, Jade's, Theodora's, Alexandra's and THEIR offspring are not left wanting.

That's also what the archives, the real archives are for as well.

Date: April 6, 2013 19:10

andrewt
treaclefingers
buffalo7478

Like the actual tape of Keith strumming the chords to Satisfaction for the first time and then falling asleep and snoring for the next 30 minutes.

Priceless stuff.

Date: April 7, 2013 15:00

treaclefingers
andrewt
treaclefingers
buffalo7478

Like the actual tape of Keith strumming the chords to Satisfaction for the first time and then falling asleep and snoring for the next 30 minutes.

Priceless stuff.

Ha! Well the multitracks and early takes and shit. There's gonna be more posthumous releases than Hendrix.

Date: April 7, 2013 16:38

andrewt
treaclefingers
andrewt
treaclefingers
buffalo7478

Priceless stuff.

Ha! Well the multitracks and early takes and shit. There's gonna be more posthumous releases than Hendrix.

Never understood ABCKO not releasing this stuff already, if it's there. I mean, they're releasing ANOTHER compilation...it's not as though they aren't mercenary.

I wonder if the contract doesn't allow for them to release previously unreleased material without band approval?

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: April 8, 2013 14:24

Rock On! Hopefully my daughter out in Edmonton gets us tickets - she knows how to work the tech more effectively than here Dad down here in New Brunswick. Hope to fly up catch the Stones, Leafs, Jays and the AGO. Money - you can`t take it with you and there is nothing like a Stones Show!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 8, 2013 18:21

After the fiasco of the Hyde Park Tickets I decided to fly to Toronto for my cousin's 65th on May 29th and go to the show on the 25th with him. Got Floor L3 Row 10 in the "Satisfaction" pre-sale.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:31

Two $85 seats...Could be anywhere, apparently...I'm happy just to be in....

Date: April 8, 2013 23:20

Got 2 $85 tickets for the second show. Can't wait to see both performances!!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 9, 2013 00:37

Got my tix for both shows. Am still shaking about the prices - paid about 50% more than the top level tickets I bought for the O2 in 2007, for second price level tix this time around. Never thought I'd be nostalgic for 2007 prices.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:57

Just bought amazing seats for June 6. Sec 18 row 9! Had to pay $1200 for "gold package" per seat, but all I could get to drop for $600 was section 101 at the end. One upside to these outrageous prices- amazing seats are always available. See y'all there and hopefully Vegas will go on sale soon.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:04

Montrealsuperfan
Just bought amazing seats for June 6. Sec 18 row 9! Had to pay $1200 for "gold package" per seat, but all I could get to drop for $600 was section 101 at the end. One upside to these outrageous prices- amazing seats are always available. See y'all there and hopefully Vegas will go on sale soon.

An excellent point. 2 weeks out and you can still have your pick!

Date: April 10, 2013 01:56

Montrealsuperfan

That's harsh for section 101. I've been in that section for shows before and it's pretty frustrating because you're kind of in the action but not really.
Better to either be close - or up in the nosebleeds where at least the people around you are determined to make the best of it. In 101 there's an underlying disappointment tinged with a slight sadness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 01:58 by andrewt.

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: April 10, 2013 11:57

My daughter scored a pair for the 25th show - she's flying in from Edmonton and I am coming up from New Brunswick! Mick - looking for song suggestions - how about I'M FREE - would love to hear that in person - this is one of my all time favourite songs and Oakland '69 is a fantastic version! Failing that Champagne and Reefer!

Date: April 10, 2013 15:08

Munichhilton
Montrealsuperfan

True, the Stones are an amazing band. They allow you the opportunity to go out, find a second job, work for two weeks, get your first paycheque from that job, deposit the cheque and make a transfer to your Citibank visa to free up some room, and buy a fab ticket.

They're the best!

Date: April 10, 2013 15:48

JiminNB
My daughter scored a pair for the 25th show - she's flying in from Edmonton and I am coming up from New Brunswick! Mick - looking for song suggestions - how about I'M FREE - would love to hear that in person - this is one of my all time favourite songs and Oakland '69 is a fantastic version! Failing that Champagne and Reefer!

Sweet. Enjoy the city and enjoy the show.
It's always great to have east coasters over.

Date: April 10, 2013 15:50

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Montrealsuperfan

True, the Stones are an amazing band. They allow you the opportunity to go out, find a second job, work for two weeks, get your first paycheque from that job, deposit the cheque and make a transfer to your Citibank visa to free up some room, and buy a fab ticket.

They're the best!

I honestly never get tired of these withering rejoinders.
Have you considered charging for them?
Shall we start the bidding at 195 dollars plus convenience fee?

Date: April 11, 2013 01:55

andrewt
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Montrealsuperfan

They're the best!

I'm actually quite sensitive to other people's feelings...for instance right now, I sense the teeniest bit sarcasm in your reply.

Date: April 11, 2013 03:43

treaclefingers
andrewt
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Montrealsuperfan

They're the best!

I'm actually quite sensitive to other people's feelings...for instance right now, I sense the teeniest bit sarcasm in your reply.

It 's reflexive at this point. My apologies. Let us now refocus our energies on the real question... Are there really 36,000 suckers in Toronto or will there be empty seats?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-11 03:47 by andrewt.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home