Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: San Jose May 2013 show planning
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 4, 2013 05:54

bam
Bought a pair of $85 tickets this evening.

Congrats......see ya there!

Posted by: Stones2005 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:57

Greetings fellow Stones fans! We will be arriving in San Jose Ca, tomorrow, staying at the Ramada San Jose Convention Center 455 S 2nd Street. Is there anyone who lives there or knows the area and can suggest some tour ideas? We did not rent a car, but will try to get around. We would also like to get on a bus tour to San Francisco to see the Golden Gate bridge, Alcatraz, perhaps and a zoo. I am an avid Stones fanatic, so if anyone knows any local record/CD shops that would be great. I`d like to meet up for a beer perhaps with some fellow Stones fans. I have seen the Stones in Vancouver, B.C Canada in 1989(hospitalized with pneumonia right after flying back to Edmonton)and in our hometown of Edmonton, Ab, Canada twice in 1994 and again once in 1997. My girlfriend and I planned our holiday around the concert in San Jose for the week May 6 - 10 inclusive. We are vegetarians, so will look for vegetarian restaurants. If anyone wants to meet, or has suggestions for vacation ideas, please let me know. Thanks and hope to meet some of you there.
Marlowe from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. You can email me direct if you want click on Stones2005 and you will see my email.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 22:07 by Stones2005.

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 5, 2013 22:07

Hi Stones2005. You can take Caltrain up to SF from Downtown San Jose. The last stop is by the SF Giants Stadium. Plenty to do around there. To get to the zoo from there I think you have to get a Muni street car or bus out to the Avenues.

I don't use a lot of public transportion when in SF except Caltrain to Giants games so hopefully someone can help you out better than I can.

Posted by: Stones2005 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 22:09

Thanks,
Marlowe

Date: May 7, 2013 08:46

Oakland was great. Bring on San Jose!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 7, 2013 10:31

San Jose meet-up place:

To be published here tomorrow Tuesday morning. I will find a place closer to the venue, near the San Pedro Square and Santa Clara St... I was at the "Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant" today, it is nice, but a bit far away really.

Will see the old places from the 1999 SJ shows tomorrow morning and post a new address as soon as I find it. I do remember a great place, but have to see where it is first!

Bjornulf

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: May 7, 2013 10:33

I thought the only way you get there $85 tix was from AEG sending a same day as the show email. waited all day for an email for Oakland. Was hoping for San Jose, but is this NOT the way it is working? Is it now through lucking out on ticketmaster? I am reading here about people getting them and upgrading and all sorts of great stuff. I don't get it, or I am not lucky, or both!

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 7, 2013 15:50

bv
San Jose meet-up place:

To be published here tomorrow Tuesday morning. I will find a place closer to the venue, near the San Pedro Square and Santa Clara St... I was at the "Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant" today, it is nice, but a bit far away really.

Will see the old places from the 1999 SJ shows tomorrow morning and post a new address as soon as I find it. I do remember a great place, but have to see where it is first!

What about Britania Arms?

Posted by: djcasyun ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:57

Anyone know when doors open at SJ? Thanks

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 7, 2013 23:44

largelingerie
I thought the only way you get there $85 tix was from AEG sending a same day as the show email. waited all day for an email for Oakland. Was hoping for San Jose, but is this NOT the way it is working? Is it now through lucking out on ticketmaster? I am reading here about people getting them and upgrading and all sorts of great stuff. I don't get it, or I am not lucky, or both!

The only reason some people knew when to buy $85 for Staples was a notification on Facebook. Those stopped after the first show. The only reason I knew the time to buy was I came on IORR and Bye Bye Johnny alerted everyone. Yes, I signed up on some thing that was supposed to notify me the day of the show. It never happened.

Date: May 8, 2013 00:31

Britannia Arms is perfect for meeting up before the show in San Jose. I just checked it out. Great food, great draft beers and plenty of space, with the mix of a British pub and an American sports bar.

Britannia Arms
173 W. Santa Clara St

Two blocks from the deAnza hotel, and a 5-10 minutes walk directly to the venue only. See you there!

Bjornulf

Posted by: tommarty920 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 00:42

You can now vote for the song you want to hear in San Jose out of these five:

1. No Expectations
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Fool to Cry
4. When the Whip Comes Down
5. Shattered

Gotta download the RS App to vote!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2013 00:59

bv
Britannia Arms is perfect for meeting up before the show in San Jose. I just checked it out. Great food, great draft beers and plenty of space, with the mix of a British pub and an American sports bar.

Britannia Arms
173 W. Santa Clara St

Two blocks from the deAnza hotel, and a 5-10 minutes walk directly to the venue only. See you there!

There's also a large outdoor patio with tables in the back if it gets too crowded inside.
If it's cold weather, they'll fire up the heat lamps.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 8, 2013 02:28

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 8, 2013 05:50

mrsoandso
hey tiffjagger-

i'm looking to stay a few nights in Santa Cruz after the show. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Get back to nature 25 miles up the coast at www.costanoa.com. As far as hotels in Santa Cruz I'd steer clear of the ocean street dives and spring for something near the beach like the Dream Inn.

Stay away from the beach flats at night but the boardwalk is alot of fun during the day. Cool rollercoaster and other amusements.

Drives on west cliff drive are nice and surfing at the point (Steamer Lane) is great as a participant or a spectator.

Food on the warf is reasonable and fairly good. Palces like Gelda's.

Good luck and have fun. peace

Date: May 8, 2013 07:20

tommarty920
You can now vote for the song you want to hear in San Jose out of these five:

1. No Expectations
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Fool to Cry
4. When the Whip Comes Down
5. Shattered

Gotta download the RS App to vote!

Gotta go with No Expectations!

Date: May 8, 2013 07:27

bv

Britannia Arms
173 W. Santa Clara St

Hope to see you there and say thanks for all the great work you do on IORR. I'll be wearing my IORR shirt!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 07:28 by No Expectations.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 8, 2013 07:52

Shidoobee meeting place is also on the outdoor patio at Britannia Arms.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 8, 2013 08:37

hi -- am considering Caltraining down to San jose for tomorrow night's show. I don't have a tkt but
will score one someone's trying to get rid of late in the game.

What time is the rendezvous at the Brit pub/sports bar?

Possibly see some of you-all tomorrow eve (also I will post my photos of Oakland in that thread right now - if you're not already inspired--as if that's a possibility--this will do the trick smiling smiley )

- swiss

PS

Naturalust

Naturalust - are you going to San Jose?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2013 13:59

Naturalust
mrsoandso
hey tiffjagger-

i'm looking to stay a few nights in Santa Cruz after the show. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Get back to nature 25 miles up the coast at www.costanoa.com. As far as hotels in Santa Cruz I'd steer clear of the ocean street dives and spring for something near the beach like the Dream Inn.

Stay away from the beach flats at night but the boardwalk is alot of fun during the day. Cool rollercoaster and other amusements.

Drives on west cliff drive are nice and surfing at the point (Steamer Lane) is great as a participant or a spectator.

Food on the warf is reasonable and fairly good. Palces like Gelda's.

I'll second that for Costanoa, a marvellous place, we stayed in a canvas tent (with a heated mattress and electricity) a couple of weeks ago, it was terrific. You can walk down to the beach and there is a great hike (Berry Creek Falls) starting in Waddell Beach a few miles to the South. Duarte's in Pescadero is a nice place for dinner, but it gets busy and it's a lot more expensive than it used to be...and the artichoke soup was "watered" down the last time :-(

Anyway, for those going to the concert tonight, enjoy and keep the live updates coming!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 13:59 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:01

Link for $85 tickets. Nothing now, but there could be a drop later. Good luck!

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:40

$85 tickets dropping now at 12:40 PDT

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:42

hooked
$85 tickets dropping now at 12:40 PDT

What hooked said!
NOW!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:53

$85 tix there.

I think this link to TM helps so many fans who get in quick.............before they run out. >grinning smiley<

Date: May 8, 2013 23:11

Someone on another thread saying no $85 tix?

There out there,link on the post by bbj.

Go get 'em you fans in California. hot smiley

Date: May 8, 2013 23:14

Aside from the $85's...massive ticket dropping.

TIX-DROP

Section 101
Row 18
Seats 14
Description Price Level 4
Lower Level
Type Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
US $168.20 x 1

Date: May 8, 2013 23:23

They advertised "Rolling Stones May 8" all over on screens inside the hockey game at the HP Pavillion last night, so I assume they have extras to get rid of.

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2013 23:26

Hairball

TIX-DROP

Section 101
Row 18
Seats 14
Lower Level
Type Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
US $168.20 x 1

Yeah I looked those up earlier today and they were behind the stage, lower level.

Mind you, if you're behind the stage and can't see anything, does it matter if your up high or down low, good and close. Maybe down low you can better see the excited expressions of fans that can see the band.

"Look, they just cheered! I bet Mick wiggled his ass or Keith threw a pick!"

"AWH RIGHT SAN JOSE"!

Date: May 8, 2013 23:30

Higher priced tix coming up now on $85 tix link.

Date: May 8, 2013 23:33

treaclefingers
Hairball

TIX-DROP

Section 101
Row 18
Seats 14
Lower Level
Type Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
US $168.20 x 1

Yeah I looked those up earlier today and they were behind the stage, lower level.

Mind you, if you're behind the stage and can't see anything, does it matter if your up high or down low, good and close. Maybe down low you can better see the excited expressions of fans that can see the band.

"Look, they just cheered! I bet Mick wiggled his ass or Keith threw a pick!"

"AWH RIGHT SAN JOSE"!

The ticket above is not behind the stage, but half way back side/lower level (in case I misunderstood you).

As far as high or low behind stage....haha...wouldn't want to be there.
I can hear myself grumbling: "It's not good to be here..."

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home