Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
San Jose May 2013 show planning
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2013 11:24

Please use this thread for San Jose Rolling Stones 2013 show planning.

San Jose meet-up place:

Britannia Arms
173 W. Santa Clara St

Two blocks from the deAnza hotel, and a 5-10 minutes walk directly to the venue only. Britannia Arms is perfect for meeting up before the show in San Jose. I just checked it out. Great food, great draft beers and plenty of space, with the mix of a British pub and an American sports bar.

See you there any time between 5pm and 7pm show day.

[www.britanniaarmsdowntown.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 01:49 by bv.

Re: San Jose May 2013 show planning
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 4, 2013 13:00

Won't be attending this time around (a bit of a near miss since I'll be in the Bay Area a couple of week too early...my wallet says thanks!) saw them there twice in April 1999, but I thought I'd paste the nice chart that someone posted in the main 2013 Tour Thread (no GA price but I assume it's the same as P1 as for the 2012 shows) :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 13:00 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:23

Scored a ticket for San Jose in the presale. $250 for front row section 201!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:05

Congrats on the score No Expectations!

Date: April 5, 2013 21:43

ChrisM
Congrats on the score No Expectations!

THX!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:08

Can anyone give an advice regarding HOtels in San Jose and/or Oakland?
Thanks

Date: April 7, 2013 05:43

As to Oakland....stay in San Francisco and take Bart to the show.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:20

GOT A TICKET FOR THIS SHOW TOO!!!

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:49

I just (barely) scored a $475 ticket in section 118 to this show. I set out to attend both bay area shows for less than I paid for this ticket, but ticketmaster's servers had other plans for me.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: April 8, 2013 20:51

Just got two floor seats... Let it rock!!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 8, 2013 22:08

see some in the Tongue, found a Hotel and hope it works.

Date: April 9, 2013 00:06

Only $600 and up coming up on Ticketmaster

Posted by: bluejean ()
Date: April 9, 2013 02:02

Got two seats in section 106 and two $85 dollar tickets. Going to see what is the better option on the night and sell the other two if I can. I'm assuming there will be people outside trying to buy... hope I'm right!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 9, 2013 07:05

As posted on the ticket trader, I got a pair of $85 tickets to Oakland and am thinking of swaping my spare with someone who has a pair of $85 for San Jose.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:48

The Arna hotel in San Jose is awesome, cheap, clean and 5 minutes walk from the venue! See you there!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 10, 2013 00:31

gwen
As posted on the ticket trader, I got a pair of $85 tickets to Oakland and am thinking of swaping my spare with someone who has a pair of $85 for San Jose.
From what I understand,the $85 tickets are non-transferrable. You show up at the arena and go right in.No chance to resell or trade them.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 10, 2013 00:53

sweetcharmedlife
From what I understand,the $85 tickets are non-transferrable. You show up at the arena and go right in.No chance to resell or trade them.

Yep - but they were sold as a pair, so you go right in with your guest. None of my friends from Europe can make it to this show at such short notice, so I currently don't have a guère.

What I'm offering is what many fans did for club shows during Licks: you come in as my guest in Oakland, I get in as your guest in San Jose.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 10, 2013 01:25

gwen
sweetcharmedlife

Yep - but they were sold as a pair, so you go right in with your guest. None of my friends from Europe can make it to this show at such short notice, so I currently don't have a guère.

What I'm offering is what many fans did for club shows during Licks: you come in as my guest in Oakland, I get in as your guest in San Jose.
Oh ok. That's cool.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 10, 2013 04:24

RollingStoner
I just (barely) scored a $475 ticket in section 118 to this show. I set out to attend both bay area shows for less than I paid for this ticket, but ticketmaster's servers had other plans for me.

These are the best value in the house if you dont mind not seeing the video. I was side stage at both shows in Newark and it was awesome. Doing the same for Oakland and San Jose. I'm row 19 seat 1 (closest to 117) - come and say hi!

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 10, 2013 07:48

Where do the bootleg tshirts sellers hang out in SJ to sell?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2013 07:51

daytime
Where do the bootleg tshirts sellers hang out in SJ to sell?

On the way to the arena from downtown, especially under the highway.

Bjornulf

Date: April 12, 2013 06:48

Help anyone...I'm off to San Jose show, can someone tell me are there any stores that sell Stones shirts, etc.

Date: April 12, 2013 06:51

thanks BV! Its my first trip to this city, so looking forward to it though I won't be there long, I'm making a holiday out of this show going up the coast to Oregon and Seattle. What a nice time to take a trip & to see my fave band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 07:00 by daytime.

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: April 13, 2013 05:23

HI! This my first time posting on IORR but have lurked for years. I can't wait for the San Jose show! I'm from Santa Cruz so the HP show is close to home.

Daytime: I don't know where you are staying in San Jose but there is a huge mall called Valley Fair in San Jose. Stores that usually have Stones shirts are: Forever 21, H & M and Hot Topic. Kohl's had a bunch of 50th anniversary t-shirts but I don't know where one is in San Jose. The best shirts will be at the show but they will be more $$$. Good luck.

Date: April 13, 2013 09:21

tiffjagger
HI! This my first time posting on IORR but have lurked for years. I can't wait for the San Jose show! I'm from Santa Cruz so the HP show is close to home.

Daytime: I don't know where you are staying in San Jose but there is a huge mall called Valley Fair in San Jose. Stores that usually have Stones shirts are: Forever 21, H & M and Hot Topic. Kohl's had a bunch of 50th anniversary t-shirts but I don't know where one is in San Jose. The best shirts will be at the show but they will be more $$$. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, how far is the VAlley Fair mall from the pavillion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-13 09:23 by daytime.

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: April 13, 2013 09:24

hey tiffjagger-

i'm looking to stay a few nights in Santa Cruz after the show. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Date: April 13, 2013 10:12

daytime
tiffjagger

Thanks for the info, how far is the VAlley Fair mall from the pavillion?

Google Maps says 3.7 miles and 11 minutes from the HP Pavilion. Plan on traffic though. It's a HUGE mall and way too much for me but you could find Stones shirts there. Have you looked on-line? That might be easier.

Date: April 13, 2013 10:26

mrsoandso
hey tiffjagger-

i'm looking to stay a few nights in Santa Cruz after the show. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

What are you looking to do while here?
I'm sure you know downtown Santa Cruz is lots of fun with good restaurants but we do have some crime and druggie issues. Just be aware of that. It's hard to see one's own town from a visitors perspective, but we have great beaches and the redwoods if you want to check out some nature.
Some good restaurants in Santa Cruz:
Vasili's/Greek
Palomar/Mexican
Crow's Nest/ Seafood and oceanview
Betty Burger/Burgers
Lillian's/Italian

The Catalyst and Moe's Alley are the main music venues, but it's hit or miss if someone good is playing.

You can also check out Capitola and Aptos which are just a few miles south and are more relaxing and less crowded.
A lot of visitors and locals Love the Shadowbrook Restaurant in Capitola. It's very romantic if you are coming with your spouse, you might feel weird eating there alone in other words, Any other questions feel free to ask.

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: April 13, 2013 18:52

Thanks tiffjagger.

I'm flying in for the San Jose show and wanted to spend a few days at the beach after. It's my wifes first time in Cali so I wanted to give her a taste of the scene, Santa Cruz seemed like a good spot. I'm not going to have a car so I needed someplace accessible by public transport, near the beach, reasonably priced and clean.

Thanks again.

Date: April 13, 2013 19:19

Are there any pubs near the concert venue?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home