Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Oakland May 2013 show planning
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2013 07:47

BluzDude
GRNRBITW
downtown SF hotel price classes:

1) Expensive
2) Insanely Expensive
3) Criminally Expensive
4) You GOTTA be kidding me

or you can stay in downtown Oakland, buy a handgun and some ammo for protection and it will still be less expensive than category 1) above.

Will he pass the background check though...that is the question.

Posted by: JonDupee1 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 02:12

The Waterfront Hotel in Oakland is nice. We stayed there for the Dead a few years ago. Its right on Jack London Square and has fairly frequent Ferry service to Fishermans Wharf. $150 per night. I am booked there from 5/4-5/8. 6 miles from the venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 02:13 by JonDupee1.

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 03:49

OK...but has anyone actually been able to PRINT their Oakland tix? confused smiley
Update - able to print out Oakland tixs on Friday -- wooo hoooo....see ya there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 21:04 by Anastasia60.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 26, 2013 12:56

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 09:16 by swiss.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 26, 2013 17:37

I'm going to the Oakland show and would love to meet up with some IORR's.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 26, 2013 19:44

GRNRBITW
downtown SF hotel price classes:

1) Expensive
2) Insanely Expensive
3) Criminally Expensive
4) You GOTTA be kidding me

Perfect matches for

1)Nosebleeds
2)Regular Seats
3)VIP package
4)Tongue pit

Date: April 26, 2013 22:25

sweetcharmedlife
I'm going to the Oakland show and would love to meet up with some IORR's.thumbs up

hi SCL - looking forward to seeing you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 09:16 by swiss.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 26, 2013 23:11

swiss
sweetcharmedlife

hi SCL - looking forward to seeing you! did you see my above post? do you know Disco Volante?
Looks to be a cool place swiss. I live down Mt. View way so either the City or Oakland will do for a get together. Just a little over a week away!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 27, 2013 00:29

swiss
sweetcharmedlife

hi SCL - looking forward to seeing you! did you see my above post? do you know Disco Volante?

Is it walking distance from the Oracle? How early are you thinking?
Sarah

Date: April 27, 2013 01:21

sarahunwin
swiss
sweetcharmedlife

Sarah

Sarah...smiling smiley nothing's in walking distance from the Oracle Arena - it's off the freeway, in an industrial zone.
-swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 09:17 by swiss.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 27, 2013 01:42

swiss
sarahunwin
swiss
sweetcharmedlife

Sarah

Sarah...smiling smiley nothing's in walking distance from the Oracle Arena - it's off the freeway, in an industrial zone. Disco Volante is a 1+ block walk from the BART (subway -- 2 stops from the BART Oracle Arena station) and/or easy driving to Oracle. Putting out feelers at this point. My friend owns this joint--it's a great spot, super popular, but closed Sundays---last night we were hanging, and I floated the idea to him---so this would be a private pre-Stones show thing.
-swiss

I live in the Bay Area so didn't really think it would be in walking distance - lol! Sounds like a great idea tho. Will watch this page!

Date: April 27, 2013 02:13

sarahunwin
swiss
Sarah...smiling smiley nothing's in walking distance from the Oracle Arena - it's off the freeway, in an industrial zone. Disco Volante is a 1+ block walk from the BART (subway -- 2 stops from the BART Oracle Arena station) and/or easy driving to Oracle. Putting out feelers at this point. My friend owns this joint--it's a great spot, super popular, but closed Sundays---last night we were hanging, and I floated the idea to him---so this would be a private pre-Stones show thing.
-swiss

I live in the Bay Area so didn't really think it would be in walking distance - lol! Sounds like a great idea tho. Will watch this page!

what time do you think a get-together should start? What time will people want to be going over to Oracle Arena?

thanks
swiss

Date: April 27, 2013 04:48

swiss
sarahunwin
swiss
-swiss

what time do you think a get-together should start? What time will people want to be going over to Oracle Arena?

thanks
swiss
Hey swiss. That place sounds good. Just got my tix in the mail today. Looking forward to it. I'm supposed to meet some friends of mine at the arena. Or maybe tehy can meet up with me at the place you suggested. But since it's a Sunday. Maybe we can get there a little early. But I'm definitely game for going. My Email is visible if you want to contact me that way.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 27, 2013 23:42

sweetcharmedlife
swiss
sarahunwin
swiss
-swiss

thanks
swiss
Hey swiss. That place sounds good. Just got my tix in the mail today. Looking forward to it. I'm supposed to meet some friends of mine at the arena. Or maybe tehy can meet up with me at the place you suggested. But since it's a Sunday. Maybe we can get there a little early. But I'm definitely game for going. My Email is visible if you want to contact me that way.smiling bouncing smiley

Hi SCL -- thanks for the note.
- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 09:18 by swiss.

Date: April 28, 2013 01:22

Your first Stones show? Wow,good for you swiss. Well it doesn't look like their will be an opening act. So starting around 4 and heading to the show about 7 would seem to be a good time frame.

Date: April 28, 2013 09:33

sweetcharmedlife
Your first Stones show? Wow,good for you swiss. Well it doesn't look like their will be an opening act. So starting around 4 and heading to the show about 7 would seem to be a good time frame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 09:19 by swiss.

Date: April 28, 2013 18:51

swiss
sweetcharmedlife

thanks, SCL -- that was my guess to my friend. How many people tend to come to these kinds of
pre-show events, from your [and other people's] experience?

thanks
swiss
Don't know about that swiss.Since it's been so long since the Stones have toured. I've never been to a fan get together before a show.

Who's going to Oakland - 71Tele & I will be there!
Date: April 26, 2013 07:52

Who's going to Oakland? -- 71Tele & I will be there!

I live in SF and Tele is coming down from Seattle.

- swiss

Re: Who's going to Oakland - 71Tele & I will be there!
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 26, 2013 08:06

If you give me a plane ticket, a concert ticket and dibs on your couch I'll be there.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: April 26, 2013 08:34

swiss

- swiss

i am coming over with the one and only ROCKMAN.....

Date: April 26, 2013 09:34

boynamedsue69
swiss

- swiss

i am coming over with the one and only ROCKMAN.....

yay! grinning smiley

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: April 26, 2013 09:49

Have also a look here, special thread for Oakland:

Oakland May 2013 show planning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need the Stones to keep me happy!

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: April 26, 2013 10:26

I am going to Oakland and San Jose!

Date: April 26, 2013 13:02

69firebird
I am going to Oakland and San Jose!

Cool!

Date: April 26, 2013 13:03

Salan
Have also a look here, special thread for Oakland:

Oakland May 2013 show planning

thanks, Salan smiling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2013 15:57

NoCode0680
If you give me a plane ticket, a concert ticket and dibs on your couch I'll be there.

I already have dibs on Swiss' couch.

Date: April 27, 2013 03:06

71Tele
NoCode0680

smiling smiley yay can't wait!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 27, 2013 04:43

I'll be at the Oakland show. Swiss has suggested what looks like a good meeting place in the thread linked above. Look forward to putting faces to names and seeing some old ones!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 04:49

71Tele
NoCode0680

Then I call dibs on Swiss' tickets.

Date: April 27, 2013 08:34

NoCode0680
71Tele
NoCode0680

Then I call dibs on Swiss' tickets.

NoCode0680 - that doesn't even make sense...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home