Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:22

SimonN
Hello,

Good work, Bjornulf. The bad news is I'm down for the show, hah-hah! Looking forward to meeting you IORR loons more than the actual concert itself, I reckon...

Training binned for next weekend so I'm up for a few light ales on Friday, Saturday and lunchtime Sunday. I do find those post-gig 'post-mortems' thirsty work, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Knew you couldn't resist. thumbs up

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:35

Hi Mike,

What can I tell you? It's The Stones, man! Hope to see you in a week or so, hah-hah!
Go on Mick & Keith, give Glastonbury a shoeing...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:02

SimonN
Hi Mike,

What can I tell you? It's The Stones, man! Hope to see you in a week or so, hah-hah!
Go on Mick & Keith, give Glastonbury a shoeing...

Cheers,

Simon.

I will drop you my number early next week.

Posted by: TheKamanick ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:05

TheKamanick
I'm looking at my ticket now, anyone know what 'plus b/f' means?

Anyone?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:46

TheKamanick
TheKamanick
I'm looking at my ticket now, anyone know what 'plus b/f' means?

Anyone?

Booking fee

Posted by: wolfmeister ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:05

beepee2
Around Tottenham Court Road there's the 12barClub on Denmark street, in front of the Regent's sound studio where the Stones recorded... live music till 1am (punk - rocknroll - sometimes ska)

i've played a gig on the bill with them! The singer is hot and has a nice tail btw smiling smiley (no, a real tail, not the American 'tail')

yeah the 12bar is open late and importantly, it is cheap! You foreigners will probably need to be revived with oxygen when you see the price of beers in London pubs!

Posted by: FreejackPL ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:38

Anyone know how the stage will look like for Hyde Park shows?

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:53

My Tier 3 tickets for July 6 finally arrived in Munich today!!!!!

Let'a pray for the hard working people!

Posted by: wolfmeister ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:54

i might take a walk up there tomorrow and see if i can spy anything inside the perimeter. will report back if anything of note is seen (such as them assembling the teir 1/2 section over by kensington palace, lol).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:58

john nicholls
bv
St Giles is in the other end of Central London, near Tottenham Court Road. It was picket during the previous tour 05-07 because some stayed in the hotel there, but I don't think it is ideal for meeting up before or after the Hyde Park shows.

Many stay in the Paddington and Sussex Gardens area, walking distance to Hyde Park, so I will find a favorite there. For Friday July 5 I will recommend Pride of Paddington, it is right across the street of Paddington Station, easy to find, even some seating outside, after that I will check out the other pubs in the area and find a real nice one without too many tourists (which is possible) except for us of course...

Pride of Paddington, 1-3 Craven Road
[theprideofpaddington.co.uk]

PS. As for turist trap pubs - see The Swan on Bayswater Road, right next to Lancaster Gate tube station, great to see with 100% tourists, I try to avoid those, still they are interesting to visit for a minute or so, but not really "local English pubs"...

Still be a lot of iorr's staying at St Giles bv. Guaranteed late barsmiling smiley Enjoy Glastonbury bv.

John Nicholls

Apparently they stayed open until 3 or 4 am after the O2 gigs last November! Sounds like that can't be beat ;-)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:43

bv
St Giles is in the other end of Central London, near Tottenham Court Road. It was picket during the previous tour 05-07 because some stayed in the hotel there, but I don't think it is ideal for meeting up before or after the Hyde Park shows.

Many stay in the Paddington and Sussex Gardens area, walking distance to Hyde Park, so I will find a favorite there. For Friday July 5 I will recommend Pride of Paddington, it is right across the street of Paddington Station, easy to find, even some seating outside, after that I will check out the other pubs in the area and find a real nice one without too many tourists (which is possible) except for us of course...

PS. As for turist trap pubs - see The Swan on Bayswater Road, right next to Lancaster Gate tube station, great to see with 100% tourists, I try to avoid those, still they are interesting to visit for a minute or so, but not really "local English pubs"...

If its any interest to you or anyone else on here, we're planning on meeting up here pre-show :

[www.taylor-walker.co.uk]

Just south of the park.

The Gloucester Arms
Address is :
34 Gloucester Road, South Kensington, London, SW 7 4RB

Nearest Tube stations :
Gloucester Road (District, Circle & Piccadilly lines)
High Street Kensington (Circle & District lines)

Note : there will be a box office collection point at BOTH the north and south entrances.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 02:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:46

I keep hearing from friends all over Europe that their tickets have arrived, which is intensifying my anxiety x 100. I just hope I'm correct in thinking that people from overseas with Tier 1 or 2 tickets with the Unwind Bar attached are the only ones who have to pick up this wristbands in London. (We paid more than anyone else, so naturally we get treated worse.) I don't think I've ever "enjoyed" the anticipation before a show less, and that's even allowing for the anxiety I always have at GA shows, that I won't be able to see anything, as I'm just under 5 feet.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:04

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 02:05 by gibsonman.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:06

wolfmeister
beepee2
Around Tottenham Court Road there's the 12barClub on Denmark street, in front of the Regent's sound studio where the Stones recorded... live music till 1am (punk - rocknroll - sometimes ska)

i've played a gig on the bill with them! The singer is hot and has a nice tail btw smiling smiley (no, a real tail, not the American 'tail')

yeah the 12bar is open late and importantly, it is cheap! You foreigners will probably need to be revived with oxygen when you see the price of beers in London pubs!

Nope, I`m from Norway. Expensive beer is what we do smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 29, 2013 03:05

We pay 10 GB pounds for a pint of beer in Norway. In Philly they asked for $2 on days the Phillies played games. What a bargain! Nothing makes a Norwegian smile more than cheap alcohol. We are really tames savages, constantly looking for cheap beer!

Now they ask for 3 pounds something at the British pubs... Welcome back to Europe... Still only 1/3 of Norwegian beer prices...

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 29, 2013 03:16

gotdablouse
john nicholls
bv

Still be a lot of iorr's staying at St Giles bv. Guaranteed late barsmiling smiley Enjoy Glastonbury bv.

John Nicholls

Apparently they stayed open until 3 or 4 am after the O2 gigs last November! Sounds like that can't be beat ;-)

St Giles always been good to us, bar open for as long as we can manage, last year they still had the cd:s we left behind from the ABB tour, will be staying there again for the show on the 6th.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

HYDE PARK TICKET ALERT - Extra tickets released now!
Posted by: GODBOY22 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:46

both dates at hyde park on sale. Don't pay tout prices.

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 15:55 by bv.

Re: extra tickets released
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:51

Only T2 as has been the case for weeks? I'd certainly not get a T2 until reports of HP1 come in on how good/bad a spot it gets you...

Re: extra tickets released
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:06

gotdablouse
Only T2 as has been the case for weeks? I'd certainly not get a T2 until reports of HP1 come in on how good/bad a spot it gets you...

No, just checked and T3 available both dates

Re: HYDE PARK TICKET ALERT - Extra tickets released now!
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:10

I chanced a T2....

Re: HYDE PARK TICKET ALERT - Extra tickets released now!
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:25

They came back on sale yesterday. Got a mail from them.

Posted by: rika ()
Date: June 29, 2013 06:06

although my BST account status said my 6th July tix were shipped on 21st June, just got email from front gate they were unable to ship. they refund shipping fee to my credit card.
ah, i have to queue for box office...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 29, 2013 07:31

rika
although my BST account status said my 6th July tix were shipped on 21st June, just got email from front gate they were unable to ship. they refund shipping fee to my credit card.
ah, i have to queue for box office...

Unable to ship ?

What, in THIS day and age, unable to ship ? What with half a dozen courier companies in existence, not to mention normal mail services ? And it doesn't occur to you to at the very least send them an e-mail back asking WHY they can't ship ?

Something stinks. I don't know what it is, but something SURELY isn't right ? I mean, if your tickets had REALLY been shipped on the 21st, there's NO part of the world so remote that they couldn't have reached by now, over a week later.

This whole thing has been (and continues to be) bizarre in the extreme.

With luck, this promoter and these ticket vendors will NEVER EVER again have anything to do with Rolling Stones concerts/tickets; if the Stones organisation doesn't learn anything from the monumental clusterf**k that has been absolutely EVERYTHING concerned with the following companies as regards these two Hyde Park shows, then they themselves really need to go out of business too ...........

British Summer Time
AEG LIVE
The Ticket Factory
Front Gate tickets
Barclaycard Unwind

A five year old could have done a better job of all this than the above-mentioned shower of incompetents

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2013 09:43

I just checked, no shipping fee refunded to my credit card account, what a surprise.

Date: June 29, 2013 09:47

Aquamarine
I just checked, no shipping fee refunded to my credit card account, what a surprise.

Indeed ! winking smiley

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:29

I have a T2 Barclaycard Bar and nothing has arrived here in Vienna Austria yet, although I received Email last Tuesday that it was shipped the week before. But in case it should not have reached me by Thursday next week I should pick it up at the Box Office but no instructions where to go and what to do exactly. This sounds very fishy to me. Of coursr there is No refund of the delivery charges on my credit card yet. I am really worried how this will work out. 2 weeks shipping time is NOT possible except when whole postal services are on strike in Italy or Greece, which is definitely not the case here. I have sent postcards from Wash. DC that arrived an incredible 4 days later. I am really hoping that this mess will get solved without too much hassle and hopefully not last minute before the concert.
The sad part is that I am looking forward sooo much to this concert and to enjoy a hasslefree day in London on Friday, as I'm leaving Vienna Thursday afternoon...
Instead it's 4 more days of uncertainty now.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:24

Gerda
I have a T2 Barclaycard Bar and nothing has arrived here in Vienna Austria yet, although I received Email last Tuesday that it was shipped the week before. But in case it should not have reached me by Thursday next week I should pick it up at the Box Office but no instructions where to go and what to do exactly. This sounds very fishy to me. Of coursr there is No refund of the delivery charges on my credit card yet. I am really worried how this will work out. 2 weeks shipping time is NOT possible except when whole postal services are on strike in Italy or Greece, which is definitely not the case here. I have sent postcards from Wash. DC that arrived an incredible 4 days later. I am really hoping that this mess will get solved without too much hassle and hopefully not last minute before the concert.
The sad part is that I am looking forward sooo much to this concert and to enjoy a hasslefree day in London on Friday, as I'm leaving Vienna Thursday afternoon...
Instead it's 4 more days of uncertainty now.

Living in Stuttgart, Southern Germany, I got mine yesterday. I guess it takes one more day to Vienna grinning smiley your tickets should arrive today!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:49

maradona
Living in Stuttgart, Southern Germany, I got mine yesterday. I guess it takes one more day to Vienna grinning smiley your tickets should arrive today!

But did you get Tier 1 or 2 plus Barclaycard Silly Bar? Those are the ones Gerda's waiting for.
Everyone else who lives outside the UK and paid for the Silly Bar has been told we need to pick up our tickets/wristbands
at will-call on the day of the show, but we battled it out electronically and managed to persuade them
to make them let us collect them a day or two BEFORE the show, which is better than long lines of infuriated fans on the day.

Gerda, you should doublecheck with them that they've switched you to will-call (or COBO as they like to call it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 11:50 by with sssoul.

Posted by: ClaireR ()
Date: June 29, 2013 12:37

Just a quick question has anyone received their tickets in the UK from the Ticket Factory, they were sending out the tickets last week alphabetically and I am R on the list.

Getting really worried now as no tickets have turned up yet

What a bloody mess...

Date: June 29, 2013 13:09

ClaireR
Just a quick question has anyone received their tickets in the UK from the Ticket Factory, they were sending out the tickets last week alphabetically and I am R on the list.

Getting really worried now as no tickets have turned up yet

What a bloody mess...

NO not yet, but the ones I'm waiting on are for the 13th, not the 6th. If you still haven't received yours for the 6th, yes I SHOULD start to get worried at this stage. The last time I spoke with the Ticket Factory, they gave me a big sob story about being overloaded, too many tickets, too few staff, late arrival of the stock from the promoter, having to get ALL the ones for the 6th out first before turning their attention to the 13th ............ the list of woes and excuses goes on and on and on.

The whole thing has been a farce right from the outset, and there's no reason to think it won't continue to be a farce until literally the moment the Rolling Stones hit the stage.

If there isn't a lesson to be learnt from all this, one might truly DESPAIR !!

A hideous experience so far !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2022
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home