Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:31

Thanks gotdablouse....

Open to beers all around Paddington friday and saturday smiling smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:38

Like to meet up for a few drinks with some iorr's.

But i have to get to stanstead for around 5 in the morning, is there anybody else flying back from stanstead with a early morning flight? If there was a few of us, we could share a taxi.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:47

Mine arrived (for the 6th). Phew! smileys with beer

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 28, 2013 15:57

For those of you, especially from overseas, who are picking up Barclaycard paybands (in particular when coupled to the Unwind Bar thing) on the day of the event or the day before it (thanks with sssoul) this is what they look like .............

Cheers

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 28, 2013 15:58

Also please note, NO PAPER TICKET ........... !!

Massive grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's all round

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:16

St Giles is in the other end of Central London, near Tottenham Court Road. It was picket during the previous tour 05-07 because some stayed in the hotel there, but I don't think it is ideal for meeting up before or after the Hyde Park shows.

Many stay in the Paddington and Sussex Gardens area, walking distance to Hyde Park, so I will find a favorite there. For Friday July 5 I will recommend Pride of Paddington, it is right across the street of Paddington Station, easy to find, even some seating outside, after that I will check out the other pubs in the area and find a real nice one without too many tourists (which is possible) except for us of course...

Pride of Paddington, 1-3 Craven Road
[theprideofpaddington.co.uk]

PS. As for turist trap pubs - see The Swan on Bayswater Road, right next to Lancaster Gate tube station, great to see with 100% tourists, I try to avoid those, still they are interesting to visit for a minute or so, but not really "local English pubs"...

Bjornulf

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:30

Hello,

Good work, Bjornulf. The bad news is I'm down for the show, hah-hah! Looking forward to meeting you IORR loons more than the actual concert itself, I reckon...

Training binned for next weekend so I'm up for a few light ales on Friday, Saturday and lunchtime Sunday. I do find those post-gig 'post-mortems' thirsty work, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:47

mine arrived today (tier 3 - sent 06-20). I'm living in Austria

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:47

Around Tottenham Court Road there's the 12barClub on Denmark street, in front of the Regent's sound studio where the Stones recorded... live music till 1am (punk - rocknroll - sometimes ska)

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:55

ticket arrived for July 13... happy now! :-)

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:09

No tickets yet and leaving on Monday. And no replies to the many mails I've sent recently.
If I don't get a reply, will it be possible to enter the venue if I bring with my order confirmation and ID? I can sense more than 19 nervous breakdowns next week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 17:10 by The Worst..

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:12

I haven't received yet too. I will leave it until 2nd post arriving on Monday. Then will call Barclays and arrange to pick up on Thursday with people from overseas.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:38

odean73

But i have to get to stanstead for around 5 in the morning, is there anybody else flying back from Stanstead with a early morning flight? If there was a few of us, we could share a taxi.

My companion and I have to be there way early on Sunday morning as well - we were planning to take the National Express coach.
Even sharing, I doubt a taxi would be cheaper or faster than that, but ... whereabouts will you be departing from?

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: June 28, 2013 17:49

paulywaul

I've got a paper ticket? So paper ticket are tier three only, plus tier three still have the option of a payband, only the bands are blue.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:06

Tier 3 for July 6 arrived today in the Netherlands. Ordered through official BST website, handled by Front Gate.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 28, 2013 18:26

Jackglfc
paulywaul

I've got a paper ticket? So paper ticket are tier three only, plus tier three still have the option of a payband, only the bands are blue.

Seems that if you've bought this Unwind Bar thing then basically the payband acts as a substitute for the paper ticket and it's PURPLE in colour. If you just bought a straight ticket, whether it's Tier 1 or 2 or 3 (but NO Unwind Bar add-on) ....... then yes, you get a normal paper ticket. And you can apply for a payband if you like, but it will be BLUE.

At least that's my understanding of it all .........

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:29

bv
St Giles is in the other end of Central London, near Tottenham Court Road. It was picket during the previous tour 05-07 because some stayed in the hotel there, but I don't think it is ideal for meeting up before or after the Hyde Park shows.

Many stay in the Paddington and Sussex Gardens area, walking distance to Hyde Park, so I will find a favorite there. For Friday July 5 I will recommend Pride of Paddington, it is right across the street of Paddington Station, easy to find, even some seating outside, after that I will check out the other pubs in the area and find a real nice one without too many tourists (which is possible) except for us of course...

PS. As for turist trap pubs - see The Swan on Bayswater Road, right next to Lancaster Gate tube station, great to see with 100% tourists, I try to avoid those, still they are interesting to visit for a minute or so, but not really "local English pubs"...

This pub is also open until midnight on Saturdays whereas a lot of London pubs still close at 11.00 !!!! We're staying in the Tunes Hotel just up the road from there so will see you in there afterwards !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:41

bv

Still be a lot of iorr's staying at St Giles bv. Guaranteed late barsmiling smiley Enjoy Glastonbury bv.

John Nicholls

Date: June 28, 2013 18:57

Still no tickets...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:12

tickets for BOTH shows arrived here today in south Germany :-)

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:15

JUN 28, 2013 | 04:05PM UTC
xxx@ Front Gate Tickets replied:
I have updated your order to will call and have sent you an updated receipt. Will Call means you will pick up your ticket(s) at the entrance to the event when you arrive. You will need a valid government-issued ID and your email order receipt. The delivery fee has been refunded. We have processed a refund for you for the amount of £30.00. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to reflect on your bank statement. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call or email us.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Anyone knows whether that is on the day of the gig or also the day-before ? This is for normal tickets (no Barclays bars stuff...)

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:17

I also received all my tickets for both shows today. Luckily the long wait is over now smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 19:24 by henrik87.

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:33

Just collected my ticket from our post office for July 6th.
Now I can relax the next 7 days.
By the way,is anyone else flyin' in from Hannover/Germany to Stansted/London on July 6th at around 7 in the morning via Germanwings??

Eberhard

Posted by: p0werJ ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:36

what date were they shipped? still waiting for mine in north germany winking smiley

Posted by: p0werJ ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:37

hockenheim95

what date were they shipped? still waiting for mine in north germany winking smiley

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:59

p0werJ
hockenheim95

My ticket was shipped June 24th dated on the letter(account said June 20th!!)and arrived today via GLS

Eberhard

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 21:13

Barnestormer
p0werJ
hockenheim95

My ticket was shipped June 24th dated on the letter(account said June 20th!!)and arrived today via GLS

Eberhard

That's exactly my situation. The account said June 20th but the letter was posted on June 24th. And try to be at home tomorrow or Monday when GLS delivers the letter, otherwise there won't be much time till you leave for the concert.

Posted by: TheKamanick ()
Date: June 28, 2013 21:47

I'm looking at my ticket now, anyone know what 'plus b/f' means?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:10

with sssoul
odean73

But i have to get to stanstead for around 5 in the morning, is there anybody else flying back from Stanstead with a early morning flight? If there was a few of us, we could share a taxi.

My companion and I have to be there way early on Sunday morning as well - we were planning to take the National Express coach.
Even sharing, I doubt a taxi would be cheaper or faster than that, but ... whereabouts will you be departing from?

I am departing from Murcia < San Javier > airport on the Saturday and returning back early Sunday morning back to Murcia.

I'm easy with any sort of transport.

Posted by: coffro ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:17

Is there some italian guy just like me,that bought tickets for the 6th july and have not received yet???

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home