Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: June 26, 2013 12:32

rubyT
ladywilliam

As Front Gate said, Tier 1 Barclaycard Backstage Bar tickets will be sent by Barclaycard, not Front Gate, I just phoned to Barclaycard.

They checked my name and postal address and confirmed that tickets will be sent. They haven't got Front Gate order number. That is very silly.

What number did you phone to ?

I called 0844 7364 220
As you live in France, try +44 844 7364 220

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 12:54 by ladywilliam.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 12:55

beepee2
odean73
What time do the tubes stop generally.

between midnight to 1 am.

On a different note, this concert was a mess at the ticket sales (remember, no one knew what the spectator area would be like, for at least 1 week after the sale).

It's a mess right now for shipping the tickets.

Everything indicates that on the day, it's going to be a mess as well at the organization level...

Thanks for the tube times.

Reckon i will get the stanstead express one way to tottenham hale and grab the tube to green park, i reckon i will get to hyde park around 16.30 unless a decent looking wine/pub grabs my attention.

On the way back, hope to get the 23.30 last train from tottenham hale back to stanstead,bit of a tight squeeze i know. Failing that looks like one of the coaches.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 26, 2013 13:22

rubyT
ladywilliam

As Front Gate said, Tier 1 Barclaycard Backstage Bar tickets will be sent by Barclaycard, not Front Gate, I just phoned to Barclaycard.

They checked my name and postal address and confirmed that tickets will be sent. They haven't got Front Gate order number. That is very silly.

What number did you phone to ?

I checked on my BST account, there is no more mention of "international mail" on the attached receipt (it was mentionned on the receipt I got on the day I purchased)
and my adress is automatically ended by "United states". Even if I change and save the changes, it is again US each time I connect ( I live in france)

I also got the mail about wristband, box office collecting and £30 refund...
I don't want to spend all day queuing, will we be able to collect tickets-wristband-anything on the day before
?

This whole thing is just a big mess, but I just re-booked (is it called that?) my flight to London. So now we arrive earlier Friday and I am hoping to collect the tickets Friday. I will be early at the gates for the show so no need for an extra line to stand in. I predict BIG queue to the box office!!!

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: June 26, 2013 14:18

I am from Munich/Germany. Frontgate gave me this e-mail yesterday:

JUN 25, 2013 | 02:13PM CDT
Drew Bromley replied:

Your order was posted last week and is en route to you currently. This should be reaching you shortly. If you do not have it the day prior to your departure please let us know. If necessary we can have new tickets held at the show for you.

Thanks,
Customer Support Team
Front Gate Tickets
888 512 SHOW

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: June 26, 2013 14:54

still haven't got my ticket.... i'm not patient anymore! this is the worst i have experienced with the tickets... they should do this way earlier, this event is way too big to f*ck it up. especially when a lot of people come from overseas.
I have tickets for both shows, but the problem is i can't go to the first show. so they need to arrive quick so i can still sell it to someone. or maybe it's possible to reprint my ticket and sell it at the box office there... i don't know? ticket for second show is also send... hope that one arrives quick too. so i know for sure i have my ticket for the show i can go to...

Posted by: Sheltergimme ()
Date: June 26, 2013 15:03

OK just spoke with Barclaycard re unwind tier 1 and 2:
- purple wristbands as opposed to blue are being sent out TODAY!! first class sign for mail so expect them by the weekend in UK
- these are instead of paper tickets for tier 1 and 2 unwind bar people
- a souvenir paper ticket will aslo be supplied but not needed for entry
- the payband will get you entry to tier 1 or 2 plus unwind bar.
- the payband can optionally be activated to put cash on to spend.

Fingers and everything else crossed.

Posted by: zwi2001 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 15:26

And they lied again:
They said tickets have been sent last Friday. Nothing has arrived.
Never thought the Stones would cooperate with such a company.
They destroyed all my holiday plans for England.
The fun is gone.
Very sad!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 26, 2013 15:26

paulywaul
Aquamarine
The really sad thing is, if you're in Tier 1 and 2, it doesn't look like there are any tickets at all. Just wristbands. There are about six different reasons people like hard tickets. In advance .

THAT IS INCORRECT - PLEASE NOTE !!

In one of my innumerable conversations with this bunch of c***ts at the Ticket Factory, who later directed me to Barclaycard themselves for further explanations ........ I was finally given to understand that hard paper tickets do exist for all tiers, the Unwind wristband thing is a separate item and does NOT act as a ticket substitute.

On the other hand, though, my email said

As you’re an exclusive Tier 1 Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar guest, you’ll receive an equally exclusive ticket - your Barclaycard PayBand. This will act as your entry, rather than a standard paper ticket.

I've also been told the tickets are in the mail, the tickets WILL BE in the mail, that I can change my ticket to will-call, that I have to pick up my wristband from will-call . . I give up.

And also, I'm betting we won't be able to pick anything up the day before because, as a friend pointed out, that's when all the Bon Jovi people will be picking up theirs.

New kind of event. New kind of ticket...
Date: June 26, 2013 15:40

Hello together,

I'm from Germany and yesterday evening I also got this message from "[email protected]":

"Hello, we're contacting you about your Rolling Stones ticket. As you’re an exclusive Tier 1 Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar guest, you’ll receive an equally exclusive ticket - your Barclaycard PayBand. This will act as your entry, rather than a standard paper ticket. Your PayBand will be ready for you to collect at the event from the South Entrance box office. The nearest tube station to this entrance is Hyde Park Corner. The shipping costs you paid when you bought your ticket will be fully reimbursed to you. On the day we want you to make the most of your backstage area. Please remember to bring photo identification and a copy of this email with you to help us get you inside as quickly as possible."

Does that mean, that people from foreign countries (outside UK) have to collect their "PayBand" from the South Entrance box office and the people from UK will get their "PayBand" until 1st July by Parcel Post?! That is really new for me - in the past I got my Tickets at least 2 weeks before the show!!! I really hope that the organizers will have enough staff to manage all these guests without a "classic" paper-ticket confused smiley. Sometimes I can't believe that we've passed the year 2000 - currently it feels a bit more like we are living around 1900 eye rolling smiley. Why the organizers must make things complicated if it could be so easy... unbelieveable! I'm also self-dependent - If we would handle our customers like this, we wouldn't have them anymore angry smiley!!!

Best regards & many thanks for your reply -
Daniel

Date: June 26, 2013 15:46

Looks like they have cocked up, big time.

Date: June 26, 2013 15:52

Another decent web site for those travelling into london is,

www.londontoolkit.com

For all transport needs.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 26, 2013 15:53

Huh...what a clusterfck! So we get this email yesterday saying that since we have Unwind Access (technically I don't since I asked for a refund after the initial fiasco but let's not worry about that at this point...) we need to print that email and bring it with an ID to get the wristband and now they're saying they're sending them? WTF?

How is it possible to be as useless? Have these guys never organized anything? This is beyond ridiculous...

Re: New kind of event. New kind of ticket...
Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: June 26, 2013 16:00

Daniel Nienkemper

Does that mean, that people from foreign countries (outside UK) have to collect their "PayBand" from the South Entrance box office and the people from UK will get their "PayBand" until 1st July by Parcel Post?!

Indeed,
But none of tickets yet have been sent for the UK customers this morning.
I hope I can manage to talk to someone on Monday after waiting for hours on the phoneeye popping smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 26, 2013 16:17

gotdablouse
Huh...what a clusterfck! So we get this email yesterday saying that since we have Unwind Access (technically I don't since I asked for a refund after the initial fiasco but let's not worry about that at this point...) we need to print that email and bring it with an ID to get the wristband and now they're saying they're sending them? WTF?

How is it possible to be as useless? Have these guys never organized anything? This is beyond ridiculous...

@gotdablouse - did you get yesterday's e-mail about the wristbands? Because I also got a refund for the Unwind Bar and received an e-mail last week telling me I'd be receiving a wristband in the post for the Unwind Bar (even though I'm no longer entitled to it) - but I didn't receive the second e-mail saying wristbands had to be picked up. So maybe their system has finally registered that I shouldn't be getting a purple wristband? I hope so because I don't want to get there and be told for some reason that I can't enter with the paper ticket I have.

What is sure is that we'll all be needing to unwind in a bar somewhere to recover from this endless fiasco...!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 26, 2013 16:40

Beast, as I pointed out to them on their s*it website , NO ONE WANTS THESE F*CKING WRIST BANDS............... Will ANYONE want to preload these pieces of s*it with their credit/debit card............I DON'T F*CKIN THINK SO !

It's a marketing ploy to get you to pay the predictably outrageous unwind bar prices . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I HATE them . Worst ever concert organisers . Can we have the hells angels back ?.....it couldn't be worse.angry smiley

sc uk

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 26, 2013 16:45

LATEST UPDATE - especially important for people on waiting on Tier 1 tickets WITH Barclaycard Unwind Bar add-on:

So .... are you ready for THIS twist in the tale ?

I spoke with the Ticket Factory yet again, who tell me that they've only just been informed that in fact for those customers who bought Tier 1/2 tickets WITH THE Barclaycard Unwind Bar add-on, they should refer to Barclaycard Unwind for their tickets/paybands.

Up until now, I had been consistently been told that it was THEY the Ticket Factory that would be despatching tickets, it turns out that was incorrect. IF you bought a Barclaycard Unwind Bar add-on to either a Tier 1 or Tier 2 ticket, the entire order has effectively been dumped in the lap of Barclaycard Unwind, and it is to THEM that you should now be directing your enquiries.

Their number is 0844 736 4220

I might also add that the information I had been given earlier about paper ticket/payband etc has also turned out to have been incorrect. For those people that bought the Barclaycard Unwind add-on, the payband HAS BECOME THE TICKET, a separate "souvenir ticket" will be sent out, but this is NOT what will be used to gain entrance to the event.

CONFUSED ? Good, that makes two, or three, or four, or however many of us bought this category of tickets - of us.

For f**ks sake !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 17:10 by paulywaul.

Date: June 26, 2013 17:43

Well at leat that's consistent with what Ladywilliam was told...I think, it's getting confusing!

@Beast - yes I got that email yesterday evening but hadn't received one last week...I called up Frontgatickets on 00 44 844 82 40 300 and after waiting a while got through to a lady who said everything was being sent but she was said she was happy to look up my orders..;
- T2/6th : printed, can't say if it's been shipped or not...but you'll have it by Tuesday
- T1/6th : please wait...same as the other one, ticket printed, can't say if it's been shipped or not...but you'll have it by Tuesday. I mentioned the email I got yesterday and she said "oh probably a mass email"..

I also have a T3/2x/13th and I bought it through my account and it says it shipped on 24/06...so why she couldn't give me the info for the other ones? Who knows...

No further comments needed I think!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 26, 2013 17:45

Sooo . . do those who bought tickets from Front Gate also need to call Barclaycard Unwind? (My email was from BST.) And, as that's a US number, won't they just say they don't know what's going on at UK shows? I suppose I'll have to try when I can get to a phone later.

*shoots self*

Date: June 26, 2013 18:00

Aquamarine
Sooo . . do those who bought tickets from Front Gate also need to call Barclaycard Unwind? (My email was from BST.) And, as that's a US number, won't they just say they don't know what's going on at UK shows? I suppose I'll have to try when I can get to a phone later.

*shoots self*

If you bought a Tier 1 or 2 WITH the Barclaycard Unwind Bar add-on, then yes it is Barclaycard Unwind themselves you need to call. If WITHOUT the B/U Bar add-on, then it's Front Gate you need to speak to.

At least that's my latest comprehension of all this crap ...........

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:01

What I understand at this point is:
If you bought Tier 1-2 WITH the Silly Bar, AND you're a UK resident, your rubbery wrist thing is being posted to you.
If you bought Tier 1-2 WITH the Silly Bar, and you're NOT a UK resident, our rubbery wrist things are NOT being posted to us -
we have to go stand in an extra line to collect them on the day of the show.

Why we've been told to print out a totally generic email and bring it with us to will call is anyone's guess.

Fools.

I think we need to start demanding to be able to collect our rubbery things from will-call BEFORE the day of the show.

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:04

Got my tickets from ticket factory yesterday grinning smiley

Date: June 26, 2013 18:13

with sssoul
If you bought Tier 1-2 WITH the Silly Bar, AND you're a UK resident, your rubbery wrist thing is being posted to you.
If you bought Tier 1-2 WITH the Silly Bar, and you're NOT a UK resident, our rubbery wrist things are NOT being posted to us -

Why we've been told to print out a totally generic email and bring it with us to will call is anyone's guess.

Fools.

I think we need to start demanding to be able to collect our rubbery things from will-call BEFORE the day of the show.

Yes, I think you DO !!

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:21

with sssoul

Fools.

Thats the way I see it too. Any objections to that view?
Still, isn't it ridiculous? We pay more in order to queue up again for something thats supposed to get you NOT standing in line?!!! confused smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:26

And meanwhile I am still being told ( I am a US resident) that no tickets are being mailed or issued if you bought the "Unwind packahge" and all you get to gain entry to the concert is a wristband. The only reason I bought the package was that was all that was being offered in Late May. Also, nby emnail they insist that they mailed this myeterious writband to me on 14 June.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 18:28 by Woz.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:30

when will you all arrive at hyde park? i want to get to the front row. what time should i be there?

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:35

I plan on being there for 12.30 and hope to get as close to the front smiling smiley

I'm in good shape so I'm up for the race for FOS like most concerts

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:36

i hope there will be a FOS area for those who arrive early

Posted by: ClaireR ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:56

Jackglfc
Got my tickets from ticket factory yesterday grinning smiley[/quote

At least someone got a ticket from Ticket Factory (so at least they are sending out now even though alphabetically), still waiting for R.s to be sent they were up to M this morning!

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: June 26, 2013 19:52

Don't forget St Giles hotel (Tottenham Court Road) before and after both shows!!!!
Late night barsmiling smiley

John Nicholls

Date: June 26, 2013 19:54

Sounds good for the after show, I currently have a hold on a Eurostar leaving at 8.01 in the morning so I'll probably stay at the St Gilles until it closes and then walk to St Pancras ;-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home