Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 75 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: WaywardOne ()
Date: July 12, 2013 01:22

gotdablouse
Wow, what a trek! Still sorry I missed you in T1 on Saturday :-(

@WaywardOne - yeah, T3 for the 600 meter dash! For T1, I got there at 3.30PM and I was 10th row, one person removed from the rail. Just as well since there was a huge security guy right there (they seem to be spaced every 2 meters) staring straight at the crowd, pretty intimidating (and was blocking the view too for people against the rail...). YMMV of course.

@dombr - scary story...you're very lucky that guy stuck around and gave you valid tickets!

Thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated! I'll just head in at a leisurly pace then. It'll be a long day in the heat but I have no doubt that it will be worth it. Got to get myself a good spot. smiling smiley

Regarding the bum notes in SMU (I listened online to hear what all the commotion was about) it just made me giggle. Mistakes happen and I doubt it did anything to hinder the performance or experience overall.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 12, 2013 04:01

About to board my flight for London. I won't see any of you guys since I'll be arriving late and probably standing near the back of Tier 2, but hope we all get great weather and a memorable show!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 12, 2013 15:24

Tier 2 and 3 available again, 14:23 CET:

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Posted by: pruden ()
Date: July 12, 2013 15:43

Hi!,

I got two GA Tier 3 tickets for tomorrow, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it to the concert sad smiley So if anyone wants them, just contact me at pruden@gmail.com

Posted by: dombr ()
Date: July 12, 2013 15:56

Thanks TooTough for information I've just bought 2 tier 3 tickets, 5 minutes ago from bst-hydepark. Now I'm too much happy! Going to see Stones for 7th time.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 12, 2013 16:06

Dang, need a T3 and just missed that...what our the "Will Call" opening hours though?

EDIT - "The box office will be open from 9.30am - 9pm every day from 5th July" so you could probably start queuing up early zip to the Box Office and then come back with your T3 ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-12 16:10 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: dombr ()
Date: July 12, 2013 16:11

To gotdablouse: what I've missed, there are some tier3 tickets: [barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com] just enter hydeparkt3 in promocode

Date: July 12, 2013 16:23

Great, this is kind of weird though...how did you guys find these codes? Google doesn't seem to know about them. Tried hydeparkt1...doesn't work ;-)

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 12, 2013 19:12

gotdablouse
Great, this is kind of weird though...how did you guys find these codes? Google doesn't seem to know about them. Tried hydeparkt1...doesn't work ;-)

TooTough - thank you for the info! Got two tier 3 tickets 20 minutes ago.

Gotdablouse - I went to the main bst site, clicked on Rolling Stones then "Buy tickets". It says "sold out" next to all general admission (tier 1, 2, 3) but I ignored this and clicked on Tier 3 and was able to buy tickets (the code was automatically entered by the site).

I just checked again. No tier 1 for sale, but Tier 2 and 3 appear to still be available.

Hope everyone has a great show tomorrow!

Posted by: Weaver ()
Date: July 12, 2013 19:24

Hey Friends, iam on my way to Weeze Airport and really looking forward to the Show grinning smiley !!! Saw them in Cologne in 2006 and later in 2007. I hope beeing at the entrance at around 11pm will workout fine?! Which entrance do I have to use GA 3?
Hope I will meet a lot of Iorrians tomorrow!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 12, 2013 20:18

Has anyone seen the timings for the various artists' sets tomorrow, like the one we had for last week?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 12, 2013 21:08

Pretty cool. Elvis Costello is on stage.

London meeting place for Rolling Stones fans July 12-14
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:00

This thread will be merged into the London planning thread soon...

Recommended meeting place Friday 12 - Sunday 14 for the Hyde Park show #2:

The Pride Of Paddington
1-3 Craven Rd, London W2

[theprideofpaddington.co.uk]

This pub is open from early morning, breakfast, also after the show. They say they close at midnight Saturday, but it was full of fans serving beers a quarter past midnight afther the 1st Hyde Park show, leaving plenty of time for everyone to get to this pub. Many have hotels in the Paddington area, and many have recommended this pub, highly recommended as the meeting point at any time for the 2nd Hyde Park show. It is simply across the street from Paddington station, on the corner of Praed Street and Craven Rd (the street that is extending into Praed St.

PS. It seems like the other pub we selected as meeting point last week was closed early mornings and also after the show. Pride Of Paddington was a popular place all through Friday-Sunday during the first Hyde Park show. That is why this recommendation is given.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-08 00:02 by bv.

Re: London meeting place for Rolling Stones fans July 12-14
Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 9, 2013 14:04

Ummm... I was waiting for ask a beer last friday night almost 10 minuts, but they was too busy laughing with some friends... (of course, I get my beer in the closets Fountains Abbey).... I´ll try again this week-end!!! Common guys, if you want... I´m sure you can give beers to a person every 3 minuts, at least!!!!

The place is really nice, just I had bad luck (I guess) ....... see you everybody there!!!

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: July 9, 2013 14:50

Ah I thought the Monkey Puzzle was a great venue to start at anyway. is this being replaced by The Pride of Paddington?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 9, 2013 16:55

Too many places to be man!

Are the Vikings gonna be in the Swan this Saturday?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:47

bv
It seems like the other pub we selected as meeting point last week was closed early mornings and also after the show. Pride Of Paddington was a popular place all through Friday-Sunday during the first Hyde Park show. That is why this recommendation is given.

You seem surprised! That was highlighted in advance. Pubs dont tend to be open early morning and late at night in London. Thats why the post-show 'session' was arranged for the St Giles as hotel opening times are much more suitable.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:19

So is the deal like pre-party (will it start in Friday or Saturday morning) will take in The Pride of Paddington, and the post-party for really thirsty ones at St. Giles bar?

There was some talk about seeing in some bar inside the festival, next to gate or something (and from there to conquer the field army-like), so how is that?

And oh yeah, I'm the one with "Viva Las Vegas" shirt...winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: July 10, 2013 00:14

Yes, Doxa, my thoughts for meeting inside the festival are as follows.....

There will be some people who wish to join the queue early and then, when the gates open, run as quickly as they can to the stage and stay there for the gig.

There will be those who wish to go to the Pride of Paddington for the pre-gig meeting and drinks.

Otherwise, those who want to could meet at the Kings Head pub/bar inside the festival venue on the right hand side as you go through the main entrance. Let's say at 1.00pm for example. (Or whatever time people suggest, maybe 1230 onwards?) of course, this could be people from the Pride of Paddington, people just arriving at the venue and those with tickets from tiers 1, 2 or 3. Of course, there will be several tongue t-shirts there so not as easy to recognize IORR members......anyone got a large sign/flag with IORR on it?!
Anyway, at some point we can move to the best location we can in General Admission and make 'base camp' which will then allow people to go to the bar, food, toilet and return to the same place. We should still be able to find a good spot at that time. Also, we can all enjoy the gig together!

That's the idea.....which may or may not work, all comments welcome!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 10, 2013 01:05

Manofwealthandtaste, that sounds to me a good plan. I'm not into so much queing there the whole morning and running to the get FOS to spend the whole day there, but more like relaxing and enjoying the festival atmosphere... and seeing The Stones from a relatively good spot. So I am thinking like having first a drink at the Pride of Paddington and then heading to park after the gates are open. So meeting there at the Kings Head Pub sounds fine to me. And continue from then on, and with the more people, the better.

Are there anyone thinking alike like the two of us, or are we totally out of track?eye rolling smiley Yeah, comments, please!

- Doxa

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 10, 2013 13:49

Good plan indeed. :-)

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: July 10, 2013 15:07

I'll Be there, sporting a white keith t-shirt, sunglasses and a tired looking short haired - 25 year old (fear not if this seems youthful - this will be show number 7 for me).

Look forward to meeting some fellow iorr-ians and setting up basecamp together

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 11, 2013 13:12

Monkeytonkman

As far as I know, yes.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: July 11, 2013 19:14

Will be in Monkey Puzzle before and St Giles after. I am selling a painting of Mick Jagger on behalf of a friend. Anyone interested drop me an email. Not a cheap painting but much better than some of the rubbish you see on ebay these days.
john.nicholls11@virgin.net

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 11, 2013 20:40

mickijaggeroo
Monkeytonkman

As far as I know, yes.

I'm there man

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 12, 2013 02:00

Monkeytonkman
mickijaggeroo
Monkeytonkman

As far as I know, yes.

I'm there man

Us too!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: July 12, 2013 04:20

why in their video does it say Hide park?

Date: July 12, 2013 15:09

bv
This thread will be merged into the London planning thread soon...

Recommended meeting place Friday 12 - Sunday 14 for the Hyde Park show #2:

The Pride Of Paddington
1-3 Craven Rd, London W2

[theprideofpaddington.co.uk]

This pub is open from early morning, breakfast, also after the show. They say they close at midnight Saturday, but it was full of fans serving beers a quarter past midnight afther the 1st Hyde Park show, leaving plenty of time for everyone to get to this pub. Many have hotels in the Paddington area, and many have recommended this pub, highly recommended as the meeting point at any time for the 2nd Hyde Park show. It is simply across the street from Paddington station, on the corner of Praed Street and Craven Rd (the street that is extending into Praed St.

Great, will definitely go there after the show and depending on when it closes maybe to the St Giles after that. It was pretty HOT at the St Giles the other day (no AC due to current refurbishing?) and there was nothing to eat. Fortunately McDonalds was pretty close for a quick "refuel" ;-)

Might grab some breakfast there in the morning as I'll be arriving on the Heathrow Express around 8.20AM...if anyone's there early!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 12, 2013 23:05

Manofwealthandtaste
anyone got a large sign/flag with IORR on it?

IORR t-shirt would make a good flag...

Date: July 12, 2013 23:11

MarthaTuesday
gotdablouse

TooTough - thank you for the info! Got two tier 3 tickets 20 minutes ago.

Gotdablouse - I went to the main bst site, clicked on Rolling Stones then "Buy tickets". It says "sold out" next to all general admission (tier 1, 2, 3) but I ignored this and clicked on Tier 3 and was able to buy tickets (the code was automatically entered by the site).

I just checked again. No tier 1 for sale, but Tier 2 and 3 appear to still be available.

Hope everyone has a great show tomorrow!

Still working, weird...anyway my receipt is all printed up for "Will Call", can't imagine there's going to be a problem tomorrow...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576Next
Current Page: 75 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home