Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 76
Re: Meeting place for fans in London
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 1, 2013 22:56

mickijaggeroo
odean73
Can we put the bill on room service LOL

Most hotels don't accept money after a certain time and only accept room cards, is it different for this hotel?

Never had a problem at the St Giles paying with money or creditcard, and I stayed there quite a few times.Never saw anyone using a roomcard, so I think you need not worry.

Ok, thanks.

Im in two minds in going, cant see me making it before as I know I not going to get there till around 16.30, cant see many people still being there at that time. Got to get back to Stansted before 5.30 and if I go back I know I will be tempted to have a drink or two.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 1, 2013 22:57

Gazza
mickijaggeroo
Gazza
belld
Beast
gotdablouse
At this point I don't think anyone knows how it's going to play out...

So yes I think something should be lined up for the after show where we won't have to worry about that anymore. It's been said here that the St Giles remained opened pretty much all night in 2007 and until 3/4 in November so it looks like a good spot. Thing is it seems its bar (or one of its bars) is closed for refurbishment. Maybe someone local could call them up to find out?

I just called St. Giles. I only know of the bar that's being refurbished, but it seems they have another bar that's open "for guests", though only till midnight. Tried to ascertain where this bar is located in the hotel, but the reply was less than clear. Will try ringing later tonight when someone different should be on reception.

But maybe someone who's going to be a guest there can ring up and tell them they'll get lots of custom if they keep the bar open later. Come on, flairville and straycatuk - work your charms on them!
We have 6 rooms booked therefore called and pushed the button. They will keep the restaurant bar open til 3.00am. last food order 2.30 am.

Cheers, Dave - but just to clarify..will that be for residents only or can the rest of us riff raff show up and get in?

They´re not picky, they let the Vikings return every time winking smiley So, just come by, we´ll get you in if there´s a problem. They have no clue who is a resident in the bar/restaurant.

If they let you mad bastards in every year for some raping and plundering, they'll let anyone through their doors!

Exactly! They have a high "tolerance" level winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 1, 2013 23:55

Yes , I've been in contact with them also. The restaurant bar will be open. I explained that they have had "up to 100" Stones fans doing all nighters in the past. They said we could be catered for - on the 6th.

The aim is to have the new Bar /Grill open for the 12th July, but not confirmed.

sc uk

PS they have always let anyone in.....Even the Vikings !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 23:57 by straycatuk.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 2, 2013 00:34

Great stuff, can't believe there's only 5 days to go!

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: July 2, 2013 00:44

Yeah! Many thanks to everyone having found out this! And see you at St. Giles in five days smileys with beer

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 2, 2013 00:50

straycatuk
Yes , I've been in contact with them also. The restaurant bar will be open. I explained that they have had "up to 100" Stones fans doing all nighters in the past. They said we could be catered for - on the 6th.

The aim is to have the new Bar /Grill open for the 12th July, but not confirmed.

sc uk

PS they have always let anyone in.....Even the Vikings !

smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beerwinking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: FatSteve ()
Date: July 2, 2013 01:13

Welsh Stone
Right, I'll head along there early afternoon. First port of call though is Walkabout in Shepherd's Bush to (hopefully!) watch the Lions spank the Aussies!!

I'm on an Aussie guy's Stag do pre Stones which starting here for the match. Look out for a tall ginger Aussie getting nailed, Ill be the Fat Keith Lemon lookalike feeding him booze!

Steve

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 2, 2013 01:54

FatSteve
Welsh Stone
Right, I'll head along there early afternoon. First port of call though is Walkabout in Shepherd's Bush to (hopefully!) watch the Lions spank the Aussies!!

I'm on an Aussie guy's Stag do pre Stones which starting here for the match. Look out for a tall ginger Aussie getting nailed, Ill be the Fat Keith Lemon lookalike feeding him booze!

Steve

I hope something's been lost in the translation Steve, because that comment is conjuring up some utterly horrific images.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: July 2, 2013 01:59

So Monkeypuzzle before the show and St Giles after the show, is that correct ?
Is there a meeting place for friday night ? Pride of Paddington?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 2, 2013 02:05

rubyT

yes.

No idea about Friday. Not sure if anything formal has been arranged.

Date: July 2, 2013 11:23

Gazza
rubyT

yes.

No idea about Friday. Not sure if anything formal has been arranged.

I was going to make a suggestion for Friday, as the weather seems set to be alright for the week.......myself, BarRoomQueen and a few others will be going to Hyde Park for a picnic and a couple of drinks. Would be good to catch up with fellow fans from IORR what with it being 44 years to the day since the Stones played Hyde Park. There will of course be Bon Jovi playing in the background! We will position ourselves at the northern side of the park in front of the main entrance where there is quite a large grassy area.......look out for tongue t-shirts!

Posted by: belld ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:43

Gazza
belld
Beast
gotdablouse
At this point I don't think anyone knows how it's going to play out...

So yes I think something should be lined up for the after show where we won't have to worry about that anymore. It's been said here that the St Giles remained opened pretty much all night in 2007 and until 3/4 in November so it looks like a good spot. Thing is it seems its bar (or one of its bars) is closed for refurbishment. Maybe someone local could call them up to find out?

I just called St. Giles. I only know of the bar that's being refurbished, but it seems they have another bar that's open "for guests", though only till midnight. Tried to ascertain where this bar is located in the hotel, but the reply was less than clear. Will try ringing later tonight when someone different should be on reception.

But maybe someone who's going to be a guest there can ring up and tell them they'll get lots of custom if they keep the bar open later. Come on, flairville and straycatuk - work your charms on them!
We have 6 rooms booked therefore called and pushed the button. They will keep the restaurant bar open til 3.00am. last food order 2.30 am.

Cheers, Dave - but just to clarify..will that be for residents only or can the rest of us riff raff show up and get in?
Dear Sir you are most welcome to be on our bar bill. promise you will only pay for the booze you consume not the gallons of whisky guzzled by the Old Farts - sorry that should be Brave Hearts.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:45

Super, I'll be there from around fish - I'll be wearing a black and blue t-shirt and I'm mid 20's.

Some people have said good looking - but i fear this is definitely questionable!

See you this sat.

(Glad Mick and the boys smashed it at Glastonbury - also Nick Cave - he was on unbelievable form!)

Date: July 2, 2013 12:48

What times have people who are meeting up, thinking of going to Hyde park?

Posted by: belld ()
Date: July 2, 2013 13:34

Just to let people know there are still rooms available at St Giles for Saturday. I have booked one a couple of minutes ago.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 2, 2013 13:48

Would be great to meet you at the Monkey Puzzle! Hopefully there is some place we can meet after the show.. Aren't there any Stones afterparties near Hyde Park?

Posted by: stourbridgestone ()
Date: July 2, 2013 13:52

So it sounds like the St Giles is unclear?
Any plans for Friday get together?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:02

i look forward to meeting old friends and new, in the Monkey Puzzle, pre-show.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:35

Gazza

Does the monkey puzzle show sky sports? Potentially might head there for the Lions if the will have it on.

Date: July 2, 2013 14:43

they will be showing the 'kick & clap'
there's not a pub in London that won't be showing it.

Date: July 2, 2013 14:56

Adrian-L

Hi Adrian,

Hopefully i would Like to meet up with you again, thats if you are still wanting to know after the thatcher thread?

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:06

See you in Monkey Puzzle before and St Giles afterwards. Plenty of iorr's will be in St Giles after showsmiling smiley

John Nicholls

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:15

"The Monkey Bar" popular Pub with the teenagers but not to popular with the locals turning a former church into a pub I don't like to see that happen either especially to a grand old building like this one.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 02:24 by colonial.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:27

Sadly I had just changed my hotel to one on the other side of the park--the side where my entrance is--thinking this would be easier to get to the park and get back afterwards. So I don't think I'm likely to be appearing at any of these watering holes, luckily for all of you. sad smiley

Date: July 2, 2013 15:53

Got a plane to catch, hopefully will meet up with some IORR people on saturday.

Looking forward to a special concert.smileys with beer

Date: July 2, 2013 16:17

odean73
Adrian-L

Hi Adrian,

Hopefully i would Like to meet up with you again, thats if you are still wanting to know after the thatcher thread?

winking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 2, 2013 17:15

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 17:18 by straycatuk.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: July 2, 2013 17:19

Manofwealthandtaste
I was going to make a suggestion for Friday, as the weather seems set to be alright for the week.......myself, BarRoomQueen and a few others will be going to Hyde Park for a picnic and a couple of drinks. Would be good to catch up with fellow fans from IORR what with it being 44 years to the day since the Stones played Hyde Park. There will of course be Bon Jovi playing in the background! We will position ourselves at the northern side of the park in front of the main entrance where there is quite a large grassy area.......look out for tongue t-shirts!

sounds good !! what time ? we'll try to join you

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 2, 2013 19:59

stourbridgestone
So it sounds like the St Giles is unclear?
Any plans for Friday get together?

Why so? People staying there posted here that the bar would stay open until 3AM, that sounds pretty good ;-)

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 20:49

Slightly off topic, but just checked the BBC weather forecast for Saturday.
Top temperature of 23c, sunny all morning, sunny intervals the rest of the day.
Still time for it to change, of course, but at the moment....looking good, people!

Lee

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home