Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 76
Re: Meeting place for fans in London
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 1, 2013 03:14

odean73
lmatth8461
Hey BV,

I hope you enjoyed Glastonbury...went there about 15 times over the years, it's got a great atmosphere.

Now...if you really think fish&chips represents London cuisine, you're at least 20 years out of date!

Lee

Agree on this.

Fish&chips is the only thing BV can pronounce...so that's his problem grinning smiley just joking............ hope you all have a great time in London

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2013 03:20

benstones
A meeting before or after the show??

before

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: July 1, 2013 09:30

Thanks BV

I provide this information on my board Stonestreff for the Fans who travel to London

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 1, 2013 10:32

NICOS
odean73
lmatth8461
Hey BV,

I hope you enjoyed Glastonbury...went there about 15 times over the years, it's got a great atmosphere.

Now...if you really think fish&chips represents London cuisine, you're at least 20 years out of date!

Lee

Agree on this.

Fish&chips is the only thing BV can pronounce...so that's his problem grinning smiley just joking............ hope you all have a great time in London

Bad news sad smiley I will do the line early. There is no way to organise something after the show? Many people will do the line early!

Benjamin.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 1, 2013 10:37

Cool, THX BV!!!! See you on 7/13!!!!

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: July 1, 2013 11:28

benstones
NICOS
odean73
lmatth8461
Hey BV,

Lee

Agree on this.

Bad news sad smiley I will do the line early. There is no way to organise something after the show? Many people will do the line early!

What means "do the line"? It has nothing to do with coke I guess.

Posted by: stourbridgestone ()
Date: July 1, 2013 11:33

As GA tier 3 tickets, I am not sure how to split the pub / getting a spot balance.
Would love to meet up with you all at the Monkey Puzzle. Any suggestions?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 1, 2013 11:49

At this point I don't think anyone knows how it's going to play out...

So yes I think something should be lined up for the after show where we won't have to worry about that anymore. It's been said here that the St Giles remained opened pretty much all night in 2007 and until 3/4 in November so it looks like a good spot. Thing is it seems its bar (or one of its bars) is closed for refurbishment. Maybe someone local could call them up to find out?

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 1, 2013 12:42

RawIguanaCologne
benstones
NICOS
odean73
lmatth8461
Hey BV,

Lee

Agree on this.

I will do the line front of the doors of Hyde Park very early because I want a good place in the field. I will arrive at 11 in the morning for that. So I can't come to the bar before the show.

Benjamin.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 1, 2013 13:09

gotdablouse

So yes I think something should be lined up for the after show where we won't have to worry about that anymore. It's been said here that the St Giles remained opened pretty much all night in 2007 and until 3/4 in November so it looks like a good spot. Thing is it seems its bar (or one of its bars) is closed for refurbishment. Maybe someone local could call them up to find out?

I just called St. Giles. I only know of the bar that's being refurbished, but it seems they have another bar that's open "for guests", though only till midnight. Tried to ascertain where this bar is located in the hotel, but the reply was less than clear. Will try ringing later tonight when someone different should be on reception.

But maybe someone who's going to be a guest there can ring up and tell them they'll get lots of custom if they keep the bar open later. Come on, flairville and straycatuk - work your charms on them!

Date: July 1, 2013 13:17

just to reiterate what I posted in the other thread. This pub (Monkeypuzzle) doesnt serve lunch at weekends, but obviously there'll be plenty of food outlets in the area and in the park itself.

It opens at 11 am.

Posted by: mbour ()
Date: July 1, 2013 13:30

for which date is the Pub? also for the 13th?

Date: July 1, 2013 13:36

Both

Date: July 1, 2013 14:46

Beast
gotdablouse

I just called St. Giles. I only know of the bar that's being refurbished, but it seems they have another bar that's open "for guests", though only till midnight. Tried to ascertain where this bar is located in the hotel, but the reply was less than clear. Will try ringing later tonight when someone different should be on reception.

But maybe someone who's going to be a guest there can ring up and tell them they'll get lots of custom if they keep the bar open later. Come on, flairville and straycatuk - work your charms on them!

Thanks for calling them up! Yes hopefully some hotel guests can get some more info. Any other alternatives? Starbucks at St Pancras ? ;-) Not very R'n'R !!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 1, 2013 15:14

Hey, why don't we all meet up in the Barclaycard Unwind Bar?? grinning smiley *ducks*

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 1, 2013 17:08

lmatth8461
Hey BV,

Lee

It is a joke really, don't take it seriously. Fact is I am very concerned about what I eat, and for that reason fish&ships is more or less my only option in UK pubs, taking away a lot I don't take for various reasons. People who know me I am very difficult that way, I do realize that...

Bjornulf

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 1, 2013 17:20

In tier 3 but would like to meet you for a quick drink although I am quite new to the forum. Have to go in early so I can at least see the screen. Might do the after drink, unless there is a meeting on the Friday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 17:36 by desertblues68.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: July 1, 2013 18:15

Many thanks to you, Gazza & bv! But do you also have a suggestion for a meeting point after the show? St. Giles does not seem to work unfortunately...

Date: July 1, 2013 19:22

I'm happy to leave that to others. Hard to get bars with late opening hours in London....and I wont be at the 13th July show, myself.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: July 1, 2013 20:21

Right, I'll head along there early afternoon. First port of call though is Walkabout in Shepherd's Bush to (hopefully!) watch the Lions spank the Aussies!!

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: July 1, 2013 20:35

RawIguanaCologne
benstones
NICOS
odean73
lmatth8461
Hey BV,

Lee

Agree on this.

I once had an old 7inch by Dave Dee,Dozy,Beaky,Mick & Tich : "Things go better with coke". ???>grinning smiley<

Posted by: belld ()
Date: July 1, 2013 21:05

Beast
gotdablouse

We have 6 rooms booked therefore called and pushed the button. They will keep the restaurant bar open til 3.00am. last food order 2.30 am.

Date: July 1, 2013 21:11

belld
Beast
gotdablouse

We have 6 rooms booked therefore called and pushed the button. They will keep the restaurant bar open til 3.00am. last food order 2.30 am.

Well done! It looks like we have found a spot to gather after the show then! Who else is game for it?

And a short walk from the show too, 1.3 miles from Marble Arch or 1.4 miles from Hyde Park Corner : [goo.gl]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 21:13 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 1, 2013 22:31

belld
Beast
gotdablouse

Good man, David - that's the spirit! See you there for a wee dram or three...

Date: July 1, 2013 22:42

belld
Beast
gotdablouse

Cheers, Dave - but just to clarify..will that be for residents only or can the rest of us riff raff show up and get in?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 1, 2013 22:43

Stonesvikings will meet here: [swanbayswater.co.uk]
Afterwards, it´s St Giles until we pass out winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: July 1, 2013 22:44

Gazza
belld
Beast
gotdablouse

Cheers, Dave - but just to clarify..will that be for residents only or can the rest of us riff raff show up and get in?

They´re not picky, they let the Vikings return every time winking smiley So, just come by, we´ll get you in if there´s a problem. They have no clue who is a resident in the bar/restaurant.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 22:45 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 1, 2013 22:48

Can we put the bill on room service LOL

Most hotels don't accept money after a certain time and only accept room cards, is it different for this hotel?

Date: July 1, 2013 22:51

odean73
Can we put the bill on room service LOL

Most hotels don't accept money after a certain time and only accept room cards, is it different for this hotel?

Never had a problem at the St Giles paying with money or creditcard, and I stayed there quite a few times.Never saw anyone using a roomcard, so I think you need not worry.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: July 1, 2013 22:55

mickijaggeroo
Gazza
belld
Beast
gotdablouse

They´re not picky, they let the Vikings return every time winking smiley So, just come by, we´ll get you in if there´s a problem. They have no clue who is a resident in the bar/restaurant.

If they let you mad bastards in every year for some raping and plundering, they'll let anyone through their doors!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home