Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 12:47

BowieStone
On the full event line up page:

Set times 20:30 - 22:15

I guess we'll get a full show and they'll break curfew.

There's a very credible possibility that they will pull the plug if the concert overruns, they did that with Macca and Springsteen.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 4, 2013 12:48

beepee2
BowieStone

There's a very credible possibility that they will pull the plug if the concert overruns, they did that with Macca and Springsteen.

Yes, but didn't they pull the plug at 11pm?
(Curfew is 10.30).

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 12:59

They replied to my FBook rant on their page, Stones are 20:30-22:15 - STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE ENOUGH!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:00

with sssoul
dominiccaddy
"Dear Dominic,
Yes that’s right you enter through the hospitality entrance and that is the location of the garden. It is just off to the left of the stage."
If that's right I suppose there's no problem then

... The map states that Tier 1-2 customers are to enter by the "West Entrance", which is different from the "Hospitality Entrance".
If I were you I'd send him this link: [bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com] and ask him if he wants to state again
that Tier 2 ticketholders are to enter by the "Hospitality Entrance" and NOT as shown on the map.

It sounds like they were commenting specifically on access to the "Garden" for drinks and food? Still I agree that it warrants clarification since that "West Entrance" would no longer be needed in that case...

I seem to remember there were some "Hospitality Packages" with T1 (and T2), I think Bentstones said he had one, so surely they need to get something more than T1/T2 straight tickets?

Posted by: TheKamanick ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:01

Rollin92
They replied to my FBook rant on their page, Stones are 20:30-22:15 - STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE ENOUGH!

I don't what it is with this site, but saying "Still not acceptable enough" ain't gonna change shit.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:03

TheKamanick
Rollin92

I don't what it is with this site, but saying "Still not acceptable enough" ain't gonna change shit.

Your right it isn't but I like many on here, have made financial sacrifices to see the band, it's understandable that less than 2 hrs is a disappointing time. I'm just venting my annoyance at the situation, I'm a poor Uni student I can't afford to see them again this year!

Posted by: dominiccaddy ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:04

with sssoul
dominiccaddy
"Dear Dominic,
Yes that’s right you enter through the hospitality entrance and that is the location of the garden. It is just off to the left of the stage."
If that's right I suppose there's no problem then

... The map states that Tier 1-2 customers are to enter by the "West Entrance", which is different from the "Hospitality Entrance".
If I were you I'd send him this link: [bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com] and ask him if he wants to state again
that Tier 2 ticketholders are to enter by the "Hospitality Entrance" and NOT as shown on the map.

Good point - I've just emailed her back for clarification

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:05

If they're due on stage at 20.30, they will arrive onstage at 20.45.

thats approximately a 1.75 hours set.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:05

TheKamanick

Now you'll be taking up other people's spots while leaving a massive empty space in Tier 2

is he really that fat ? eye popping smiley

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:13

Rollin92

With a generic answer they used for everyone? Timetable to be find on the website?

What is wrong with these people???

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:27

BowieStone
beepee2
BowieStone

(Curfew is 10.30).

No, it was about 2240 as I recall. They didn't overrun by much.

ETA Having checked, it was 2241.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 13:48 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:30

This is a mess

The stones have done upwards of 2 hours in America all tour, they did the same at Glastonbury why not here? The organisation of this whole thing has been very amateurish

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:35

nobodyimportant
BowieStone
beepee2
BowieStone

(Curfew is 10.30).

No, it was about 2240 as I recall. They didn't overrun by much.

Yep! He should've left the stage at 22.15 and the plug was pulled 22.40. So the Stones would have 2h max. IF they are on stage in time.

Sad. sad smiley

And still got no answer from all the people I contacted.

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:50

Unfortunately BST is a festival. I really hate festivals but I want to see the Stones. For both days July 6th and July 13th people bought expensive tickets to see the Stones and this is what the promoters and especially the Stones should know. So the Stones owe the fans who endure this AEG mess a full concert!!!

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:53

But the organisation give almost 3 hours to Bon Jovi on friday.... ít´s a festival too..... strange!! no???

I still hope we get a normal show...

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 4, 2013 13:58

damn, bloody city rules in London for curfew, hope the wil continue to play unplugged until midnightmoody smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 14:10 by Stoneswolf.

Date: July 4, 2013 14:04

Stoneswolf
damn, bloody city rules in London for curfire, hope the wil continue to play unplugged until midnightmoody smiley

Hyde Park is a residental area.
Strict curfew and understandably so.
If rock bands want to play past 22.30, then play at sites NOT in residential areas with strict curfews.
...simples.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 4, 2013 14:13

sure, I was just joking... (Just thinking of the poor people living near Hydepark that have listen to Elton John and JLopez...) Nevertheless, for O2 arena (which was an inside event) curfew rules are more questionable...

Posted by: Glimmer Twins ()
Date: July 4, 2013 14:13

Stoneswolf
damn, bloody city rules in London for curfew, hope the wil continue to play unplugged until midnightmoody smiley

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody else to blame than the Stones bij themselves.
It's easy for them to claim 2,5 hour and to start at 19.30 by the organisation (like Bon Jovi).

But, the Stones didn't think about the fans.

Herman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 14:14 by Glimmer Twins.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 4, 2013 14:20

kaskatanas
But the organisation give almost 3 hours to Bon Jovi on friday.... ít´s a festival too..... strange!! no???

Yep, so one has to conclude that the Stones are happy with their 90 minute spot. Why wouldn't they...they probably only got AEG to cough up the $80 million by agreeing to play these two shows on top of the 18 in the US for which they wanted $80 million. It's the first year AEG are organizing BST so they probably wanted to start with a "bang". The Stones are probably viewing these shows as "free" concerts (i.e. they're not getting paid) and it's not like Glastonbury with its "aura".

As Gazza often writes, the buck stops with Mick and Keith, and it's certainly the same here. Hopefully they'll change their mind...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 14:21 by gotdablouse.

Date: July 4, 2013 14:33

Adrian-L
Stoneswolf
damn, bloody city rules in London for curfire, hope the wil continue to play unplugged until midnightmoody smiley

If rock bands want to play past 22.30, then play at sites NOT in residential areas with strict curfews.
...simples.

Wasn't like that for Live8 in 2005.....the whole thing was running late and Pink Floyd didn't come on until 11.00pm! There were announcements that if you didn't want to miss your train, you should think about leaving but no plug pulling occurred. Happy days!

Date: July 4, 2013 14:53

Manofwealthandtaste
Adrian-L
Stoneswolf

...simples.

Wasn't like that for Live8 in 2005.....the whole thing was running late and Pink Floyd didn't come on until 11.00pm! There were announcements that if you didn't want to miss your train, you should think about leaving but no plug pulling occurred. Happy days!

8 years ago & the rules had been abused and the local residents lied to, countless times, since. Understandably the laws have been tightened.
Millionaire minstrels riding rough-shod over tax-paying local residents, isn't acceptable.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:01

Adrian-L
Manofwealthandtaste
Adrian-L
Stoneswolf

...simples.

8 years ago & the rules had been abused and the local residents lied to, countless times, since. Understandably the laws have been tightened.
Millionaire minstrels riding rough-shod over tax-paying local residents, isn't acceptable.

They had a curfew past midnight for the recent Olympic concerts. Just sayin'.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:03

but the curfew was stated on the official BST side as 22.15. So they won`t play longer than 22.30. I can`t imagine they play less than 2 hours. I want a complete set. Everybody is there for the Stones. We don`t need a "festival"

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:24

gotdablouse
kaskatanas

Yep, so one has to conclude that the Stones are happy with their 90 minute spot. Why wouldn't they...they probably only got AEG to cough up the $80 million by agreeing to play these two shows on top of the 18 in the US for which they wanted $80 million. It's the first year AEG are organizing BST so they probably wanted to start with a "bang". The Stones are probably viewing these shows as "free" concerts (i.e. they're not getting paid) and it's not like Glastonbury with its "aura".

As Gazza often writes, the buck stops with Mick and Keith, and it's certainly the same here. Hopefully they'll change their mind...

Yes, that's right on the money.

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:36

hockenheim95
but the curfew was stated on the official BST side as 22.15. So they won`t play longer than 22.30. I can`t imagine they play less than 2 hours. I want a complete set. Everybody is there for the Stones. We don`t need a "festival"

Exactly!!!! Everybody will be there for the Stones and as I mentioned before the Stomes owe a complete set to their fans 44 years after their legendary Hyde Park concert!!!!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:37

BowieStone
gotdablouse
kaskatanas

They'd better damn well start on time. Why the hell can't they start at 8.00pm when they know there is a strict 10.30 curfew (which definitely will be imposed, have no doubts about that, it only takes 1 local resident to pick up the phone after that time to stop the show and I doubt the Stones will risk running past it anyway).

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:03

chriseganstar
BowieStone
gotdablouse
kaskatanas

They'd better damn well start on time. Why the hell can't they start at 8.00pm when they know there is a strict 10.30 curfew (which definitely will be imposed, have no doubts about that, it only takes 1 local resident to pick up the phone after that time to stop the show and I doubt the Stones will risk running past it anyway).

... Yes, and not to forget the 1st O2 show last November, where the Stones had to stop the show without the very last song "Satisfation" (but written on the setlist), only not to get over the known time limit ...
Andreas

Posted by: speyburn ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:07

arc-angel
chriseganstar
BowieStone
gotdablouse
kaskatanas

... Yes, and not to forget the 1st O2 show last November, where the Stones had to stop the show without the very last song "Satisfation" (but written on the setlist), only not to get over the known time limit ...
Andreas

If it's only "Satisfaction", I'm okay with it. This is one of their bad songs

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:10

[/quote]

They'd better damn well start on time. Why the hell can't they start at 8.00pm when they know there is a strict 10.30 curfew (which definitely will be imposed, have no doubts about that, it only takes 1 local resident to pick up the phone after that time to stop the show and I doubt the Stones will risk running past it anyway).[/quote]

I second that! As close to 2,5 hours as possible!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home