Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: June 26, 2013 21:42

here is the first answer I got:

@ Front Gate Tickets replied:

They are being held at the box office for collection. We sent out the regular tickets and Barclay sent out their backstage bar passes. Barclay was unable to send their passes internationally. Your shipping fee has been refunded. I apologize for any confusion, I just found this out yesterday.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 26, 2013 22:05

paulywaul
your contact name, number, and e-mail address at Barclaycard Unwind is as follows:

Joe Sale
Barclaycard PayBand Customer Services Team

Joe Sale
This must be a joke ... right ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2013 22:08

rubyT

They are being held at the box office for collection. We sent out the regular tickets and Barclay sent out their backstage bar passes. Barclay was unable to send their passes internationally. Your shipping fee has been refunded. I apologize for any confusion, I just found this out yesterday.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Please let's all write to Barclaycard to insist that we be able to pick up our "passes" BEFORE the day of the show.
Please. There need to be a lot of us writing to make an impression.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 22:20

with sssoul
rubyT

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Please let's all write to Barclaycard to insist that we be able to pick up our "passes" BEFORE the day of the show.

ok...but what email?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 26, 2013 22:47

Rolling Hansie
paulywaul
your contact name, number, and e-mail address at Barclaycard Unwind is as follows:

Joe Sale

Joe Sale

No it is NOT a joke, it is the name of the person I dealt with at Barclaycard Unwind whilst making my own enquiry a few days ago. Just trying to be helpful, that's all ............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 26, 2013 23:11

Thanks, I just sent an email as I haven't a thing from anyone at BST and the last I heard from Front Gate was that the wirst band had been sent, which is contrary to everything being posted here regarding international orders. This is beyond frustrating! It's a long flight from San Francisco to London and I hate doing it without my ticket in hand, but it sounds like that's the deal. Christ.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 23:12 by Woz.

Posted by: kuniopenG ()
Date: June 26, 2013 23:22

Got hios Email last Friday but no tickts in hand:

Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
Your order was posted today and is currently en route to you.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 26, 2013 23:27

I got that one two weeks ago and nothing ever arrived.

Date: June 26, 2013 23:29

paulywaul
Rolling Hansie
Joe Sale

No it is NOT a joke

Sorry mate. Just thought that SALE was a funny name in these circumstances. Oh well

-------------------

Date: June 26, 2013 23:30

beepee2
with sssoul

ok...but what email?

Try joe@barclaycardpayband.com , as Paul suggested above.
If anyone finds another email address to a "Barclay's UnWind" rep please post it

As someone else suggested: Try posting something on the Barclaycard facebook page: [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 23:45 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 26, 2013 23:42

OK, I've emailed everybody emailable, and tried not to use foul language. I'm sure they'll just say that Friday is just for Bon Jovi tickets, though, and they can't handle ours on the same day.

By the way, there's also a "contact us" link at the general barclaycardpayband.com site, so I sent one there too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 23:50 by Aquamarine.

Date: June 26, 2013 23:53

I tried this one ( "contact us" on the Barclays unwind website ) barclaycard@thisisdare.com
no answer yet ( office is closed !!)

Date: June 26, 2013 23:55

Aquamarine
OK, I've emailed everybody emailable, and tried not to use foul language. I'm sure they'll just say that Friday is just for Bon Jovi tickets, though, and they can't handle ours on the same day.

They might say that, sure. But if enough people send them messages about it they may at least grasp
that they need to have about ten times more box office windows open and running smoothly than they think they need.

And surely they can get it together for people going on the 13th to pick up their gummybands anytime during the week.
It's a festival, for crying in the dust. They have staff there daily. It can't be that difficult.
They just need to be reminded that they don't want miles of angry Stones fans waving gummybands in the air
burning up their barclaycards and shouting "it's not fair" :E

Date: June 26, 2013 23:57

rubyT
I tried this one ( "contact us" on the Barclays unwind website ) barclaycard@thisisdare.com
no answer yet ( office is closed !!)

Thanks rubyT! "this is dare"? where do they get these slogans eye rolling smiley
I'll send my message to them as well

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 27, 2013 00:05

Ok, so Tier 3 tickets have been sent and the rest of them not? Right?

Date: June 27, 2013 00:21

JumpinJeppeFlash

Tiers 1-2 *without* the Silly Bar might be posted even to non-UK residents - maybe someone else knows?
But if you paid for that Silly Bar and aren't a UK resident they now expect us all to stand in line at will-call.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 27, 2013 00:25

with sssoul

They just need to be reminded that they don't want miles of angry Stones fans waving gummybands in the air
burning up their barclaycards and shouting "it's not fair" :E

cool smiley

Date: June 27, 2013 00:28

with sssoul
Thanks Paul.
Are we sure the payband customer service is the same as the customer service
for the "gummyband tickets that furriners can't use to pay for anything" ?
If anyone gets a different email address please let us all know what it is, okay?

Here's the e-mail I received from Joe Sale at Barclaycard Unwind customer service after contacting him on 20th June, due at that time to their website not working properly.

Hello Paul

Thank you contacting us. As discussed the website was experiecing technical difficulties. Our technical team have now resolved the current issue with the website and you should now be able to apply.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you

Kind Regards
Joe
0844 736 4220
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this email in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete it from your system. Do not copy, use, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments. Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. The Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons. Any opinion or other information in this email or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group. Barclaycard is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 122702). Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.

So I am assuming (quite reasonably I think) that this would be a sensible contact person to address enquiries to if you are coming in from overseas and need to "pick up" your B/U payband thing, all because of the fact that they can't or won't send them out to overseas addresses. Why they can't do that I cannot possibly imagine. Maybe it's because it's now all running so bloody late in the day that they can't cope with the numbers, or they're worried that the packages won't reach recipients in time ............. your guess is as good as mine.

But one thing for sure, for the price of these tickets & B/U Bar add-ons, the service they're providing sure is SHITE !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 00:29 by paulywaul.

Date: June 27, 2013 00:30

with sssoul
"this is dare"? where do they get these slogans

Just check www.thisisdare.com

-------------------

Date: June 27, 2013 00:34

with sssoul
Tiers 1-2 *without* the Silly Bar might be posted even to non-UK residents

I ordered regular GA Tier 2 tickets, *without* the Silly Bar, for the 13th through the official BST website, which is handled by Front Gate Tickets. My account says that the tickets have been shipped on June 24th.

-------------------

Date: June 27, 2013 00:41

paulywaul
So I am assuming (quite reasonably I think) that this would be a sensible contact person to address enquiries to if you are coming in from overseas and need to "pick up" your B/U payband thing

I've written to that person, but fear they might brush me off because the gummybands for Tier 1-2 + Silly Bar are not exactly paybands.
Anyone with a UK address can get a payband. What they're making furriners line up for are gummybands
that serve as tickets to Tiers 1-2 Plus Silly Bar, and we can't use them to pay for anything.

What a mess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 00:41 by with sssoul.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 27, 2013 00:47

with sssoul
JumpinJeppeFlash

Tiers 1-2 *without* the Silly Bar might be posted even to non-UK residents - maybe someone else knows?
But if you paid for that Silly Bar and aren't a UK resident they now expect us all to stand in line at will-call.

Sweet Lady ssoul, regarding tier 1 and 2 without the extras:
I was in touch with the support yesterday, and they answered my mail a couple of hours later. My problem was that i payed for International Delivery, and checked my account and saw they claimed to have sent them on the 20th (not received them yet though) But when I checked my receipt in my account, it said COBO (Will call), and the the total sum was deducted by 30£.
When they answered, they said it was an error on the receipt, and the tickets were sent. If i don´t receive them by thursday next week at the latest, I just have to call, support said, and then I can pick them up at the box office.
That worries me of course, I hate to stand in line with probably hundreds or thousands of people, when I payed dearly for a service.
But there are a couple of days left before the Vikings set sail once again for the british isles, so all hope is not yet lost..but I agree it´s a nervewrecking mess...Reminds me of the gigs at Twickenham, when I also payed for delivery, but ended up at the ticket office outside, were they printed new tickets for me after a long discussion. Don´t want to go through that again.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 00:51 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: June 27, 2013 00:52

with sssoul
paulywaul
So I am assuming (quite reasonably I think) that this would be a sensible contact person to address enquiries to if you are coming in from overseas and need to "pick up" your B/U payband thing

I've written to that person, but fear they might brush me off because the gummybands for Tier 1-2 + Silly Bar are not exactly paybands.
Anyone with a UK address can get a payband. What they're making furriners line up for are gummybands
that serve as tickets to Tiers 1-2 Plus Silly Bar, and we can't use them to pay for anything.

What a mess.

Yes it IS a mess, and you guys need to create shit about it, because they're basically making you line up on the day to get an "electronic ticket", instead of having fulfilled their duty of getting a good old plain boring paper ticket to your address (albeit an overseas one) in good time.

How in the hell did buying a ticket for a rock concert ever manage to become SO tedious, painful, and complicated ? It beggars belief.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 27, 2013 01:45

What makes this even more frustrating is the inability to talk to the people I/we need to talk to because of the time difference--by the time I'm free to call, they've gone home.

The very last straw would be if we finally did manage to get inside, and discover that the silly bar is like the bar at other festivals where I've had VIP access--shorter lines, but you pay just like everyone else. (And I don't even want the bar access. It's the principle, innit.)

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:12

odean73
beepee2
odean73
What time do the tubes stop generally.

between midnight to 1 am.

On a different note, this concert was a mess at the ticket sales (remember, no one knew what the spectator area would be like, for at least 1 week after the sale).

It's a mess right now for shipping the tickets.

Everything indicates that on the day, it's going to be a mess as well at the organization level...

Thanks for the tube times.

Reckon i will get the stanstead express one way to tottenham hale and grab the tube to green park, i reckon i will get to hyde park around 16.30 unless a decent looking wine/pub grabs my attention.

On the way back, hope to get the 23.30 last train from tottenham hale back to stanstead,bit of a tight squeeze i know. Failing that looks like one of the coaches.

You can get a bus direct to Marble Arch from Stansted and also one directly back .... From £5.50 to Maximum £10 each way.
[www.londontoolkit.com]

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:17

Beast
gotdablouse
Huh...what a clusterfck! So we get this email yesterday saying that since we have Unwind Access (technically I don't since I asked for a refund after the initial fiasco but let's not worry about that at this point...) we need to print that email and bring it with an ID to get the wristband and now they're saying they're sending them? WTF?

How is it possible to be as useless? Have these guys never organized anything? This is beyond ridiculous...

@gotdablouse - did you get yesterday's e-mail about the wristbands? Because I also got a refund for the Unwind Bar and received an e-mail last week telling me I'd be receiving a wristband in the post for the Unwind Bar (even though I'm no longer entitled to it) - but I didn't receive the second e-mail saying wristbands had to be picked up. So maybe their system has finally registered that I shouldn't be getting a purple wristband? I hope so because I don't want to get there and be told for some reason that I can't enter with the paper ticket I have.

What is sure is that we'll all be needing to unwind in a bar somewhere to recover from this endless fiasco...![/[/b]quote]
Sorry Beast but LOL ......at least you ave still a sense of humour in the midst of all the bullshit

Posted by: rika ()
Date: June 27, 2013 06:49

Hi all

i ordered both weekends tix (W1:T3, W2:T2) from japan.
checked my BST account last night, it said W1 dispatched on 21st, W2 on 24th.
they charged int'l shipping fee. it's 27th afternoon here now, nothing's arrived yet...

let me note my FrontGate (USA) experience at Coachella passes. quite similar situation as RS.

i ordered both weekends passes. W1 dispatched first, arrived safe. they gave me a shipping confirmation email but the postmark on percel was 3-4days later to their email.
so don't believe the shipping date! it might take a couple of days for postoffice / courier collection from their office.

for Coachella W2, they sent me wrong passes. i emailed FrontGate pronto, they alreaady realised that happened to certain amount of customers so they said they'd re-send the following day. however, no news for following couple of days, so i asked them a week later to change to will call (box office pickup) and asked to refund the shipping fee. pick up was alright cos Coachella opens box office the day before.

they don't refund to your credit card, instead they do cheques. they said they'd send cheque following week but nothing came even a couple of weeks after the event. so i asked them again by email, finally the cheque arrived.

that's what happened with FrontGate USA.

hope i can get my tix by this weekend... will post when i get them.

Posted by: kuniopenG ()
Date: June 27, 2013 08:26

This email i received right now after asking again what happened. I think they don't like to sent they will take the shipping costs we paid all in advancs and we should pick up the ticktes somewhere in London.

Carly replied:
Your tickets dispatched 21/6 and are currently in transit through international mail with no tracking information. Please contact us if you don't receive the tickets prior to your departure for the event. At that time we can arrange for your tickets to be picked up on site at the event box office. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the show!
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 08:58

maxx
odean73
beepee2
odean73
What time do the tubes stop generally.

between midnight to 1 am.

On a different note, this concert was a mess at the ticket sales (remember, no one knew what the spectator area would be like, for at least 1 week after the sale).

It's a mess right now for shipping the tickets.

Everything indicates that on the day, it's going to be a mess as well at the organization level...

Thanks for the tube times.

Reckon i will get the stanstead express one way to tottenham hale and grab the tube to green park, i reckon i will get to hyde park around 16.30 unless a decent looking wine/pub grabs my attention.

On the way back, hope to get the 23.30 last train from tottenham hale back to stanstead,bit of a tight squeeze i know. Failing that looks like one of the coaches.

You can get a bus direct to Marble Arch from Stansted and also one directly back .... From £5.50 to Maximum £10 each way.
[www.londontoolkit.com]

thanks, i have looked at all aspects of transport and will have to decide pretty soon which way to go, knowing me probaly leave it to the day, just hope i dont have too much on the plane coming over and have my comman sense head on that day.smileys with beer

Date: June 27, 2013 11:27

here is the answer by melissa from barclaycardpayband:

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion. As you are a non UK resident you will need to collect your payband (which is your entry ticket) on the day when you arrive.

We hope you enjoy the event.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Melissa

PayBand Customer Service Team

does it mean I can get my tickets "on the day I arrive", which is thursday ??? and where ??? I'll ask the question to Melissa !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home