Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 25, 2013 22:48

Just got e-mail from BST saying:

"We're contacting you about your Rolling Stones ticket. As you’re an exclusive Tier 2 Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar guest, you’ll receive an equally exclusive ticket - your Barclaycard PayBand. This will act as your entry, rather than a standard paper ticket.

Your PayBand will be ready for you to collect at the event from the South Entrance box office. The nearest tube station to this entrance is Hyde Park Corner. The shipping costs you paid when you bought your ticket will be fully reimbursed to you. On the day we want you to make the most of your backstage area. Please remember to bring photo identification and a copy of this email with you to help us get you inside as quickly as possible".

Well, another queue at the event wasn`t what I was hoping for.....

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 25, 2013 22:51

There's going to be a massive line at that box office, and they don't even say when it's open.

Meanwhile, in response to yesterday's query, I just received an email from Front Gate saying

Hannah replied:
Your order is for Backstage Unwind bar passes, which are sent from Barclaycard directly. Please call 0844 736 4220 to inquire about your shipping status.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Plus that's another US number, where they have no knowledge of what's being done in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 22:58 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:33

Aquamarine
There's going to be a massive line at that box office, and they don't even say when it's open.

Meanwhile, in response to yesterday's query, I just received an email from Front Gate saying

Hannah replied:
Your order is for Backstage Unwind bar passes, which are sent from Barclaycard directly. Please call 0844 736 4220 to inquire about your shipping status.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Plus that's another US number, where they have no knowledge of what's being done in the UK.

From Front Gate FAQ

When will the festival box office be open?
Box office opening hours are:
Friday 09:00 - 00:00
Saturday 09:00 - 23:00
Sunday 09:00 - 22:00

How can I contact the ticketing company via telephone?
To inquire via phone, please contact +44 8448 24 03 00
Hours of operation are:

Monday-Friday: 8:30AM-8PM Saturday: 8:30AM-6PM Sunday: 9AM-6PM

I called 6:30PM today, but it was already closed.

Date: June 25, 2013 23:38

Thanks. Soooo . . . when it says the box office is open Friday, do we assume that means it ISN'T open for people who need to pick up tickets?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:21

gibsonman
Just got e-mail from BST saying:

"We're contacting you about your Rolling Stones ticket. As you’re an exclusive Tier 2 Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar guest, you’ll receive an equally exclusive ticket - your Barclaycard PayBand. This will act as your entry, rather than a standard paper ticket.

Your PayBand will be ready for you to collect at the event from the South Entrance box office. The nearest tube station to this entrance is Hyde Park Corner. The shipping costs you paid when you bought your ticket will be fully reimbursed to you. On the day we want you to make the most of your backstage area. Please remember to bring photo identification and a copy of this email with you to help us get you inside as quickly as possible".

Well, another queue at the event wasn`t what I was hoping for.....

Got that same message for my T1/Unwind BUT I'd them downgrade to T1 as part of their offer to make up for the initial fiasco...so I am no longer supposed to have access to the Unwind Bar! Sounds like another potential headache but at this point it seems unnecessary to make things worse by trying to get them to fix it.

It almost looks like it's the way for them to not send the tickets via mail. Not sure what that's going to do to people who sold their tickets on viagogo/seatwave though...

Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning & tickets
Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:47

Rolling Hansie
maxx
NO info about where the gates are to be situated

From the first post in this thread:

So:
Tier 3, north entrance. Tubestation Marble Arch, Central line.
Tier 1 and 2 south entrance. Tubestation Hyde Park Corner, Picadilly line.

Hi "Rolling Hansie" Thanks

Thats all great for gettin to the concert but what about after .....
Its the after that I am trying to figure out.

I have seen various conversations about previous concerts and they sometimes CLOSE Marble Arch after events due to overcrowding expectin people to walk to other stations.
Fine if you Know the area, not so good if you fly in for a concert dont know London and only plan for one station.

Would be best if people plan alternative departure stations in the vacinity just incase this is the case on the 6th / 13th.

Also I am seeing quotes that exit gates are in different area to entrance so you may find yourself on another street entirely from where you are expecting to be when you leave.

I personally am heading for Gatwic as I have an early morning flight and am looking for a train to victoria.....
So
Hyde park corner - Green Park - victoria or
Hyde park corner - South Kensington - victoria
If not its only about a mile ( well the info on the net says so ) so I can easily just walk ?.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:47

I'm getting so hacked off with all this that I'm just going to call them up in the morning and ask them WHERE in the UK their business premises are (I think it's Birmingham actually) and then inform them I'm driving up there and collecting my tickets in person.

THAT'LL ascertain once and for all whether they've actually GOT the ticket stock from the promoter (as they appear to be telling a lot of people) - and if so, what the f**k they're doing with that stock. I.E posting it out, or just bloody sitting on it .............

One way or the other, I am determined to be in possession of all of my tickets by the end of this week. In other words; ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT. Something that surely is NOT too much to ask from a customer's point of view !! ??

I can't believe this is happening, wtf !! We all mostly bought our tickets how long ago now ? Lets remind ourselves. MY particular purchases were made on the 3rd and 10th of April for example ........ some two and a half months ago !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 26, 2013 04:11

The really sad thing is, if you're in Tier 1 and 2, it doesn't look like there are any tickets at all. Just wristbands. There are about six different reasons people like hard tickets. In advance .

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:29

Aquamarine
The really sad thing is, if you're in Tier 1 and 2, it doesn't look like there are any tickets at all. Just wristbands. There are about six different reasons people like hard tickets. In advance .

I have a Tier 2 ticket in hand arrived 19th so they are sending them .
I did not pay extra for the back stage bar, ticket cost enough without the extra expense.

I also ignored the wristband emails/ requests, why they dont just send one with the ticket is eyond me.
Fure they will give me one when I arrive.

I think its more to do with the company pauly purchased them from not eing very communicative and when they are they dont make any sense.

Date: June 26, 2013 06:28

Yes, but they wouldn't (or at least didn't) give me a refund for the bar, which was part of the ticket package at the time I bought it, whether you wanted it or not. I just bought a Tier 1 ticket, there was no choice regarding whether it included all that crap. Then they started refunding it to some people. And my email today specifically said I get a wristband instead of a ticket. But as a furriner (which I ain't), I can't use it to buy stuff.

They really hate me.

Oh, and for the record, Drew Whatsisname of Front Gate told me today he had been misinformed regarding the tickets being sent. Then somebody from BST assured me that they were in the mail.

Date: June 26, 2013 08:26

Aquamarine

THAT IS INCORRECT - PLEASE NOTE !!

In one of my innumerable conversations with this bunch of c***ts at the Ticket Factory, who later directed me to Barclaycard themselves for further explanations ........ I was finally given to understand that hard paper tickets do exist for all tiers, the Unwind wristband thing is a separate item and does NOT act as a ticket substitute.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 08:32

I see Maxx mentioned about marble arch being closed after the concert, would anybody know if this does happen.

I have a early flight back sunday morning from Stanstead.

Posted by: ClaireR ()
Date: June 26, 2013 09:24

paulywaul
I'm getting so hacked off with all this that I'm just going to call them up in the morning and ask them WHERE in the UK their business premises are (I think it's Birmingham actually) and then inform them I'm driving up there and collecting my tickets in person.

THAT'LL ascertain once and for all whether they've actually GOT the ticket stock from the promoter (as they appear to be telling a lot of people) - and if so, what the f**k they're doing with that stock. I.E posting it out, or just bloody sitting on it .............

One way or the other, I am determined to be in possession of all of my tickets by the end of this week. In other words; ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT. Something that surely is NOT too much to ask from a customer's point of view !! ??

I can't believe this is happening, wtf !! We all mostly bought our tickets how long ago now ? Lets remind ourselves. MY particular purchases were made on the 3rd and 10th of April for example ........ some two and a half months ago !!

OK Wednesday's update from Ticket Factory, they are sending out the tickets in alphabetically order and are up to M I asked when R will be sent and was told the next couple of days (must be loads of N to Q!). confused smiley

I explained that I needed them by Monday and was told "you will have them by then" (I will wait in vain!)

Also they are also sending the tickets out by Special Delivery which normally means next day delivery by 13.00 in the UK.

Date: June 26, 2013 09:29

odean73
I see Maxx mentioned about marble arch being closed after the concert, would anybody know if this does happen.

Last year after Springsteen concert they closed Marble Arch tube station due to safety concerns, but all other tube stations and bus routes were running including
Green Park, Bond Street, Hyde Park Corner etc. If you go on the BST Hyde park web page they also give further details re buses or TFL for more info.

Date: June 26, 2013 09:43

ClaireR
paulywaul

OK Wednesday's update from Ticket Factory, they are sending out the tickets in alphabetically order and are up to M I asked when R will be sent and was told the next couple of days (must be loads of N to Q!). confused smiley

I explained that I needed them by Monday and was told "you will have them by then" (I will wait in vain!)

Also they are also sending the tickets out by Special Delivery which normally means next day delivery by 13.00 in the UK.

I'm not far behind you, I'm an S

Thanks for the update

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: June 26, 2013 09:54

THAT IS INCORRECT - PLEASE NOTE !

In one of my innumerable conversations with this bunch of c***ts at the Ticket Factory, who later directed me to Barclaycard themselves for further explanations ........ I was finally given to understand that hard paper tickets do exist for all tiers, the Unwind wristband thing is a separate item and does NOT act as a ticket substitute.[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying that! I was starting to get really confused now. Front Gate has replied to my inquiry that they sent the ticket away to Vienna Austria last week. I am not sure I believe that. Alphabetically I would be an "S"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 10:17 by Gerda.

Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning & tickets
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 26, 2013 10:04

maxx
Would be best if people plan alternative departure stations in the vacinity just incase this is the case on the 6th / 13th.

When you look at Hyde Park on Google Maps, you see all the other stations.
[goo.gl]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 26, 2013 10:05

ClaireR
odean73

Last year after Springsteen concert they closed Marble Arch tube station due to safety concerns, but all other tube stations and bus routes were running including
Green Park, Bond Street, Hyde Park Corner etc. If you go on the BST Hyde park web page they also give further details re buses or TFL for more info.

Thanks for that info, Claire.thumbs up

Date: June 26, 2013 10:43

Gerda

In one of my innumerable conversations with this bunch of c***ts at the Ticket Factory, who later directed me to Barclaycard themselves for further explanations ........ I was finally given to understand that hard paper tickets do exist for all tiers, the Unwind wristband thing is a separate item and does NOT act as a ticket substitute.

Thank you for clarifying that! I was starting to get really confused now. Front Gate has replied to my inquiry that they sent the ticket away to Vienna Austria last week. I am not sure I believe that. Alphabetically I would be an "S"[/quote]

Just note I believe Front gate are a different company than Ticket Factory, I understand Front Gate started sending out tickets last week and Ticket Factory are doing so now alphabetically (I know confusing!)

Hope that helps

Date: June 26, 2013 10:47

What time do the tubes stop generally.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:11

ClaireR
Gerda

Thank you for clarifying that! I was starting to get really confused now. Front Gate has replied to my inquiry that they sent the ticket away to Vienna Austria last week. I am not sure I believe that. Alphabetically I would be an "S"

Just note I believe Front gate are a different company than Ticket Factory, I understand Front Gate started sending out tickets last week and Ticket Factory are doing so now alphabetically (I know confusing!)

Hope that helps[/quote]

Okay, another important distinction I did not know, Thank you!
I suggest they send tickets according to fan's year of birth, starting with the oldest ;-)

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:19

Does anyone know where to find the box office at the BST festival site? I guess many ticket purchasers changed the delivery to will call collection at the box office.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:23

odean73
What time do the tubes stop generally.

between midnight to 1 am.

On a different note, this concert was a mess at the ticket sales (remember, no one knew what the spectator area would be like, for at least 1 week after the sale).

It's a mess right now for shipping the tickets.

Everything indicates that on the day, it's going to be a mess as well at the organization level...

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:38

UPDATE

As Front Gate said, Tier 1 Barclaycard Backstage Bar tickets will be sent by Barclaycard, not Front Gate, I just phoned to Barclaycard.

After long conversation with few people, I was told..
None of Tier 1 Backstage Bar tickets has been dispatched yet and will be sent within next couple of days.
If I don't receive them by 1st July, contact them again.
They will be sent by Royal Mail 1st Class signed for.
They checked my name and postal address and confirmed that tickets will be sent. They haven't got Front Gate order number. That is very silly.

Paper tickets cannot be used for the entry, only the wristbands to be used.
However, we will get 'Souvenir tickets'.

Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:46

Has anyone else here purchased tickets through viagogo ? I was told my tickets would be sent on 1st of July. That is leaving it late! I think they are a decent company! But fingers crossed! I have waited 20 years to see them live what a shame if I miss it!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:46

Yep, this is just one big mess.

First, tickets were sold under fraudelent descriptions. Customers didn't get what they paid for.
After much confusion, the organizers and the Stones went public and told different versions of what was going on - making things even more confusing.
Different customers get different information from the customer service staff. The replies are contradictory and unclear.
It seems like no one has a clue about what the heck is going on. And don't even get me started on the wristbands.
And now, as predicted, tickets have been dispatched far too late, even after charging customers £30 for mail services more than three months ago.
We are told they are happy to erase the £30 charges, but now customers have to stand in a line somewehere to collect their tickets. There is much confusion about
where and when will call tickets can be picked up. I will not be surprised if the entire will call operation is being served by one single window.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:48

Mattty7619
Has anyone else here purchased tickets through viagogo ? I was told my tickets would be sent on 1st of July. That is leaving it late! I think they are a decent company! But fingers crossed! I have waited 20 years to see them live what a shame if I miss it!

I'll guess they are waiting for their tickets as well.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 26, 2013 12:05

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is all I can say.

sc uk

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 26, 2013 12:10

To add to that. How many people actually bought the bar package because they wanted it ?

When we initially had to buy them to get tickets, we thought"at least that's the drinks taken care of "............how f**king foolish were we ! All the £100 gets you is a load of hassle with wristbands that NOBODY WANTS and a flushing toilet.

I could go to B&Q and buy a loo for £89. I might bring one with me and ask for a refund. C**TS.

sc uk

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: June 26, 2013 12:12

ladywilliam

As Front Gate said, Tier 1 Barclaycard Backstage Bar tickets will be sent by Barclaycard, not Front Gate, I just phoned to Barclaycard.

They checked my name and postal address and confirmed that tickets will be sent. They haven't got Front Gate order number. That is very silly.

What number did you phone to ?

I checked on my BST account, there is no more mention of "international mail" on the attached receipt (it was mentionned on the receipt I got on the day I purchased)
and my adress is automatically ended by "United states". Even if I change and save the changes, it is again US each time I connect ( I live in france)

I also got the mail about wristband, box office collecting and £30 refund...
I don't want to spend all day queuing, will we be able to collect tickets-wristband-anything on the day before?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home