Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning & tickets
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:09

Lien
paulywaul
Lien
BST on twitter today sad smiley

Hi there, tickets are sent 5-7 days before your event, if u purchased via our site contact Front Gate:bit.ly/WdeBaJ
12:37 vr 14 jun.

That is leaving a bit too late in my opinion, and I'm not altogether sure whether to believe that. It conflicts with what BST actually told me when I was talking to them last week about a change of address; they essentially said that they were going start printing and sending out tickets at the beginning of this week just ending. That would kind of make more sense, leaving it till literally 30th June or 1st July is cutting it fine, I don't think they'd do that somehow.

Well,then they lied,this is their answer on FB : tickets for Barclaycard presents British Summer Time in Hyde Park will be dispatched for UK and International customers between 5-7 days before your event. Please Note: If you still haven’t received your tickets 3 days before the event please contact your point of purchase for an update.

I bought BonJovi tickets via AXS (AEG) in Manchester to be sent to me in Copenhagen some 10 days ago. They never arrived, I had to stand in a line for 1/2 hour to get them. The fact was, they had never sent them - they charged the costs sending the tickets, but they never used the costs for sending tickets, they put the money in their own pocket.
A consert of 40.000 people being charged some 3 £ without being used - that is 120.000 £ direct profit in the pocket. What a disgrace.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:15

mtaylor

I bought BonJovi tickets via AXS (AEG) in Manchester to be sent to me in Copenhagen some 10 days ago. They never arrived,

So far, so good.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:16

Anyone know how to call these people? I bought tickets for the 13 July concert and I live in the US and depart for England on 10 July and would like to know whether I will receive my tickets or not!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:29

Woz
Anyone know how to call these people? I bought tickets for the 13 July concert and I live in the US and depart for England on 10 July and would like to know whether I will receive my tickets or not!

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2013 02:03

I have the same problem with being in the US and leaving for the UK several days before the July 6 show--I just e-mailed Front Gate and got this reply:

Carly @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
All orders for this event are being printed and fulfilled today, and will be shipped out early next week. Please contact us if you have not received your tickets prior to your departure. Thanks for your patience!

[Who knows whether to believe that, of course.]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 15, 2013 07:34

Lien
paulywaul
Lien
BST on twitter today sad smiley

Hi there, tickets are sent 5-7 days before your event, if u purchased via our site contact Front Gate:bit.ly/WdeBaJ
12:37 vr 14 jun.

That is leaving a bit too late in my opinion, and I'm not altogether sure whether to believe that. It conflicts with what BST actually told me when I was talking to them last week about a change of address; they essentially said that they were going start printing and sending out tickets at the beginning of this week just ending. That would kind of make more sense, leaving it till literally 30th June or 1st July is cutting it fine, I don't think they'd do that somehow.

Well,then they lied,this is their answer on FB : tickets for Barclaycard presents British Summer Time in Hyde Park will be dispatched for UK and International customers between 5-7 days before your event. Please Note: If you still haven’t received your tickets 3 days before the event please contact your point of purchase for an update.

If they did lie, it wouldn't be the first time then ...... would it ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 15, 2013 08:05

Fingers crossed for you and all the tickeholders.

Date: June 15, 2013 09:46

I asked for a phone number from Front Gate, as they seem to be way under-estimating how long mail takes to get to the US. Here it is, if anybody else needs it:

Please give us a call at +44 8448 24 03 00 so we can help you further. Our business hours are Monday-Friday: 8:30AM-8PM, Saturday: 8:30AM-6PM and Sunday: 9AM-6PM.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 15, 2013 12:00

I am going on 06 07 2013 GA. There are still tickets available for 13 July at 199 quid and I am tempted. Do you believe it is worth being at both shows? I live in London so travel is not a problem. At Wembley later on for Springsteen.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 15, 2013 12:16

I'm happy with my "will call" tickets

Posted by: jujules ()
Date: June 15, 2013 12:24

Hi you all,

After waiting and waiting and more waiting, I finally changed my order two days ago to from shipping to will call.

I live in Belgium and have to go to France next week and will be going directly from there to the concert on the 6th. It just seemed to risky to keep on waiting for those tickets.

I wasn't able to get trough by phone but very easily by mail:

I just followed the link [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com] and ended up mailing to order-support@frontgatetickets.com.

Changed the order and they promised me a refund for the shipping costs (I have this on writing!)

This said: if there's someone in Belgium or the north of France who needs a cheap ride from Calais to London on the 6th (early morning!): mail me.

I don't think my email is hidden, or is it? I know absolutely nothing of this computer-forum things...I guess I'm a very old fashioned girl then. Oh well...

Jules

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 15, 2013 12:37

jujules
This said: if there's someone in Belgium or the north of France who needs a cheap ride from Calais to London on the 6th (early morning!): mail me.

I don't think my email is hidden, or is it? I know absolutely nothing of this computer-forum things...I guess I'm a very old fashioned girl then. Oh well...

Jules

Your email is indeed hidden - you can check that by clicking on your name in your posts.
To make it visible, you need to visit your "control center" (one of the options at the top of the page) and change your email settings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-15 12:38 by with sssoul.

Date: June 15, 2013 12:57

with sssoul
jujules

Jules

Your email is indeed hidden - you can check that by clicking on your name in your posts.
To make it visible, you need to visit your "control center" (one of the options at the top of the page) and change your email settings.

Date: June 15, 2013 12:59

Thank you with sssoul! Should be fixed now!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 15, 2013 13:57

jujules

Changed the order and they promised me a refund for the shipping costs (I have this on writing!)

Don't worry, they will refund you. I did exactly the same, the week after my request the refund was already on my creditcard.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 15, 2013 14:00

Wonder if I shouldn't do that too...it kinda defeats the purpose of paying £30 for shipping (some kind of insurance if you buy 3 months in advance) if they don't ship until a couple of weeks (or a week as they are now saying) prior to the event!

Posted by: zwi2001 ()
Date: June 15, 2013 17:17

And they lied again. Five days ago they told me they would send the tickets during this week and that I can book flights and hotels. I wanted to fly next week and spend my holidays with my family in Cornwall.
Nothing happened.
Yesterday they told me the tickets have not been sent.
Today I phoned them and they told me that they can not send the tickets in the next days. They could not explain the reaseon.
I think if I change in Will Call (collect the tickets at Hyde Park) I have to stand in line for hours at the box office and then again at the entrance so that I would not be able to get in front of the stage. They told me collecting the tickets a day before the concert is not possible.
What would you do?

Date: June 15, 2013 18:35

zwi2001
And they lied again. Five days ago they told me they would send the tickets during this week and that I can book flights and hotels. I wanted to fly next week and spend my holidays with my family in Cornwall.
Nothing happened.
Yesterday they told me the tickets have not been sent.
Today I phoned them and they told me that they can not send the tickets in the next days. They could not explain the reason.
I think if I change in Will Call (collect the tickets at Hyde Park) I have to stand in line for hours at the box office and then again at the entrance so that I would not be able to get in front of the stage. They told me collecting the tickets a day before the concert is not possible.
What would you do?

This is beginning to worry me a bit, I do not understand why within the last week or ten days several people (including myself) have spoken directly with BST and been told that tickets would begin to be sent out in the week commencing Monday 10th (in other words THIS week ending tomorrow Sunday 16th) ......... and yet now it appears that this will not be happening ?

WTF ? is this another BST/AEGLIVE cock-up ? sure begins to look like it. Who and what are these people, live music promoters - or a bunch of gross incompetents ? It's starting to look like the latter.

First thing Monday morning I'm phoning the mother****ers again.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 15, 2013 19:07

Well, I hope it won't be hours of waiting as will call is only for international orders, however what they do at the moment sucks big time...

Date: June 15, 2013 19:40

But I fear that this box office will open late.
Does someone know where this office exactly is or will be ?
Matthias

Date: June 15, 2013 21:03

This is exactly why I waited so long until I finally changed my order: I was really hoping on being somewhere near the front of the stage...I guess this is out of the question now, but it's still better then being not being there at all!

This I what I got when I asked where the box office would be...

"There will be one entrance into the festival. At that entrance will be a box office where you will collect your tickets. There will be staff on site to assist you in the proper direction."

Well, that would almost be clear if I knew where the entrance would be, on the BST site they're talking about the south east side of the park and near marble arch ( but isn't that in the north east?). Maybe they could just hide the tickets all over the park and give us the coordinates?

Anyway, still happy to be going to the concert, since last time (and my first time was Werchter 1995.)

Jules

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 15, 2013 21:10

jujules
"There will be one entrance into the festival. At that entrance will be a box office where you will collect your tickets. There will be staff on site to assist you in the proper direction."

Well, that would almost be clear if I knew where the entrance would be, on the BST site they're talking about the south east side of the park and near marble arch ( but isn't that in the north east?).

That's an error - the main entrance and Marble Arch are indeed at the northeast end of the park.

I've been told there'll be separate entrances for Tier 1 & 2 ticketholders (in the southeast quadrant)
and that there will be a will-call window there as well - no one will have to race up north to will-call then back south to enter.

That's unless they've misinformed me, of course. Or unless someone simply enjoys racing around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-15 21:11 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 15, 2013 23:22

Advice: download Google Earth, install it and type Hyde Park in the search box.

In Google Earth you can see, the area of the HP stage & entrance.

Date: June 15, 2013 23:42

Downloaded Google Earth. Where exactly can you see the entrance?

Date: June 16, 2013 00:01

They never refunded me for that Barclaycard Bar thing, so I don't feel confident about them refunding the shipping fee, but more to the point I'm leery about making changes now in case of even further confusion, and it's almost impossible to phone from here during their business hours. I'm starting to feel I've spent a huge amount of money, including travel, for a show I'll never see. sad smiley

Date: June 16, 2013 08:26

Isn' t there someting we can do about this mess?
Maybe Bjornulf has an idea?
Maybe someone can inform the official management of our favourite band?

Date: June 16, 2013 10:16

Aquamarine
They never refunded me for that Barclaycard Bar thing, so I don't feel confident about them refunding the shipping fee, but more to the point I'm leery about making changes now in case of even further confusion, and it's almost impossible to phone from here during their business hours. I'm starting to feel I've spent a huge amount of money, including travel, for a show I'll never see. sad smiley

Well that's OUTRAGEOUS, especially after all that initial mess regarding the "non existent" diamond circle and the associated "seating plan" misdescriptions and so on ....... your only sensible recourse is just to phone and keep phoning or email and keep emailing UNTIL you get the appropriate response. Once they realise you're simply NOT going to go away, you might finally get satisfaction. In my experience, that's the only way to deal with big organisations and issues like this, it's called perseverance. And generally speaking, if you don't persevere, they're all too happy to just conveniently forget about you.

Date: June 16, 2013 11:53

Aquamarine - keep pushing for that bar refund, we got ours.

By the way, strange that for the Elton John gig, the unwind bar supplement is only GBP40 rather than the GBP100 they were charging us Stones fans. What is that all about?!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 16, 2013 12:17

Lots of complaining going on on their Facebook page
[www.facebook.com]
Maybe we should add a few more complaints there

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 16, 2013 12:51

I'm going to phone them (BST/The ticket Factory customer services) tomorrow and try & get a definitive answer to this, it's becoming ridiculous ........ this confusion & conflicting information given to people that are making enquiries

If you need to contact us please call Customer Services on +44 (0)121 780 3127.

Thank you for using The Ticket Factory and enjoy the event !
www.theticketfactory.com

Here's the number: +44 (0)121 780 3127

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home