Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:50

A link would be nice, let's see...ok

So there is no DC, WTF ?!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:51

Father Ted
odean73
Father Ted
odean73
Flights booked from spain, fly in on the saturday at stanstead around !5.00 and fly back out at 7.30 on the next morning. Tight schedule i know, but after missing the 02 concerts last year i knew i had to see them in an iconic venue and just to see them.

With that tight scedule dont think i will bother with hotels and just need to sort my transfer from stanstead to hyde park and back.

Appreciate any info regarding transport from stanstead.

odean

You can get the Stansted Express train (runs 24hrs afaik) from the airport station to Liverpool Street station in central London and then get the tube to Green Park station.

After having a quick look, i think my best bit would go from liverpool street to marble arch on the central line,looks like only one or no changes.

Is there more than one liverpool street?

No, there's only one Liverpool Street train station.

Thanks, i do appreciate the info.

Date: April 5, 2013 14:53

Maybe we need a new thread to discuss the "seating arrangements" at the Hyde Park shows ? ;-) I'll work on it !

Posted by: henrik87 ()

gotdablouse

If this is layout is correct a GA ticket would be way better than Tier 2...

Posted by: BowieStone ()

Why can't they give the plan before we buy our tickets?
So people who bought their tix for £95 will be right in front of my golden circle.
This is ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:54 by BowieStone.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:55

Just to add to all the confusion, an alleged spokesperson for the band is claiming there are only two types of ticket. Apparently the £199 tickets don't exist! eye popping smiley

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:56

So if you arrive late with a GC ticket,
you'll be standing in the far away corner to the right.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:57

gotdablouse

I THINK WE HAVE ALL BEEN CONNED ........... BIG BIG BIG BIG complaint time.

Sorry Rolling stones, ain't putting up with this. I paid £399 per ticket, it was clearly stated in the presales as being a front of stage area, and judging by the diagram, two things are apparent.

A - there is no DIAMOND CIRCLE area

B - GA extends all the way to the front of stage

Time to explain to people precisely WHAT they have bought, because from the information available at the time of sale, and from the information just made available now in the form of this layout diagram, it seems as if the public HAVE BEEN GROSSLY DECEIVED.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 5, 2013 15:01

Ticket buyers have been CHEATED and DUPED.
Golden circle for £199 is actually BEHIND the general admission area for £95.
And Diamond Circle doesn't even exist.
If this is the set up they will use,
I will insist on changing my ticket to a GA ticket.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:02

I've just sent them an email querying the positioning. If this is correct they have sold tickets under a fraudulent description.

"Tier 2 - access to an area closer to the stage than general admission"

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:02

paulywaul
the public HAVE BEEN GROSSLY DECEIVED.

+1

This can not be true.
They can not present this AFTER sale?

This is what the salespage says:
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage

You can not go back on that!!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:04

paulywaul
gotdablouse

I THINK WE HAVE ALL BEEN CONNED ........... BIG BIG BIG BIG complaint time.

Sorry Rolling stones, ain't putting up with this. I paid £399 per ticket, it was clearly stated in the presales as being a front of stage area, and judging by the diagram, two things are apparent.

A - there is no DIAMOND CIRCLE area

B - GA extends all the way to the front of stage

Time to explain to people precisely WHAT they have bought, because from the information available at the time of sale, and from the information just made available now in the form of this layout diagram, it seems as if the public HAVE BEEN GROSSLY DECEIVED.

Unbelievable !!! What was the f...ing point of Tier 1, 2 and 3 ? If this is for real I want my money back and they can go f... themselves !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:04

gotdablouse

What the hell is this joke ??? eye popping smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 15:07

Ok guys I have posted a detailed summary with screen captures here >> Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond and Gold ? <<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 15:08 by gotdablouse.

nobodyimportant
I've just sent them an email querying the positioning. If this is correct they have sold tickets under a fraudulent description.

"Tier 2 - access to an area closer to the stage than general admission"

I have sent them an email as well.
And will keep doing that until I get a satisfactory answer.

Posted by: Beast ()

Selling tickets for so-called tiers 1, 2 and 3 - and not showing any such tiers on the layout?? Not to mention not even showing the plan before tickets went on sale.

Utter crap. They have managed to exceed themselves yet again in taking the biscuit. Buyer beware. I am pleased that GA ticket-holders can get to the front, but this should all have been transparent to any purchaser BEFORE purchase. As Robber Bride points out, the tickets according to the new layout plan do not match the sales description, which as far as I'm aware is an offence in law.

Date: April 5, 2013 15:11

How unprofessional. Can´t beleive this is the correct layout for the actual situation.

If this is true I am happy that I was not lucky with a diamond ticket.No ticket at all.

Nice, if you can go to the front with a general ticket, but I am not willing to stand all day FOS, not able to leave my place

Date: April 5, 2013 15:13

Let's regroup here on this issue : [www.iorr.org]

Date: April 5, 2013 15:15

If this is the true layout, the only available option would be to cancel all the transactions, refund everyone's money and restart the ticket sale. The fact that no layout was provided before today, it was only natural that assumptions would be made that the layout would be the same as Bon Jovi the night before. The text on the BST ticket page would indicate this would be the case. The layout may be incorrect, but I believe the £299 tickets will end up being in the hospitality area. Disappointing for those hoping to get in on the action. They may end up mingling with the picnic munchers. sad smiley

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:21

Sadly they/someone has counted on people stumping up hard earned cash without checking what they were actually buying..Dangerous assumption that it would be the same set up as BJ the day before..just glad I didn't pull the trigger on the more expensive tickets..Sorry for those who have and feel they've been ripped off...Caveat Emptor!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:25

The Worst.
So if you arrive late with a GC ticket,
you'll be standing in the far away corner to the right.

But the Hors d'oeuvres!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:25

Gibson668
Sadly they/someone has counted on people stumping up hard earned cash without checking what they were actually buying..Dangerous assumption that it would be the same set up as BJ the day before..just glad I didn't pull the trigger on the more expensive tickets..Sorry for those who have and feel they've been ripped off...Caveat Emptor!

Wrong. The descriptions were specific enough.

Date: April 5, 2013 15:27

Can anyone remember if the tickets were advertised as 'circles' or is that an assumption we have all made. I think tier 2 & 3 tickets will end up being hospitality packages.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:30

Come on, what did you expect from AEG? Ask Michael Jackson...

Date: April 5, 2013 15:32

thunderball
Can anyone remember if the tickets were advertised as 'circles' or is that an assumption we have all made. I think tier 2 & 3 tickets will end up being hospitality packages.

No they stated "Tiers", BUT, Tier 2 closer than GA and Tier 1 front of stage!
Which the new layout does not confirm

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:33

"Access to an area" : meaning "if you want you can have access to a litle yard behind the scene with toilets and trucks", that's an access to "an area closer to the stage". smileys with beer

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:37

thunderball
Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Totally agree. thumbs up

Yes perhaps, but if at the time and point of sale it clearly states that there are such arrangements, then at the very least they should exist as described. This is not the case here, it is a case of blatant deceit !!

Whether or not you think there should or should not be such layout is immaterial, the fact of the matter is that tickets were sold WITHOUT a layout diagram, but WITH a written description of what money bought what ticket and WHERE !!

What has happened now is that with release of the layout diagram, it is clear that the written description of the different ticket price categories was misleading, in fact it was WHOLLY INACCURATE.

THAT .... is fraud. THAT .... is wilful deceit, THAT .... is unacceptable.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 5, 2013 15:41

paulywaul

THAT..is true!angry smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 15:43

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 15:46 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:43

paulywaul
thunderball
Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Totally agree. thumbs up

Yes perhaps, but if at the time and point of sale it clearly states that there are such arrangements, then at the very least they should exist as described. This is not the case here, it is a case of blatant deceit !!

Whether or not you think there should or should not be such layout is immaterial, the fact of the matter is that tickets were sold WITHOUT a layout diagram, but WITH a written description of what money bought what ticket and WHERE !!

What has happened now is that with release of the layout diagram, it is clear that the written description of the different ticket price categories was misleading, in fact it was WHOLLY INACCURATE.

In fairness i think this was writen before the stage layout was put up on twitter. I think you are both right in its not rock and roll anymore and if you pay a higher fee then you would expect better veiwing/seats etc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home