Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT (sorta): U2 boring? Bono no stage presence?
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 11, 2005 01:26

OK, once again, the 'reply' function will not allow me to reply to posts, so I must do it this way. I apologize for the inconvenience.

There has been a lot of talk about U2 on this site and I think it's because the band is hot again. I love the Stones, and I love U2, and we're all entitled to our unique opinions.

That said, I must admit to being rather amused at how generally irked (sp?) many Stones fans are at U2. It's ok to not like the music, or be annoyed at Bono's political side and ego, but jeez... I even read one comment about Bono not having any stage presence... Holy cow! Maybe it was a joke that I didn't get, but if you've ever been to a U2 show, the man steals the show. Look around you, there are fans weeping (and singing along) in every direction. I'm seeing U2 in May, and I'm sure it will be as brilliant as the three other tours I caught (Joshua Tree, Popmart, ATYCLcool smiley. The emotions at a U2 show are intense, and the entire arena sings along... in many cases, entire songs! They (fans) sing them out into the parking lot. They don't leave in droves to fetch beer during slow songs like they do at Stones shows. You can't really compare a Stones show with a U2 show (esp. when you are a diehard Stones nut like me), but I have to say, U2 is nothing short of a BRILLIANT live experience for their fans.

Re: OT (sorta): U2 boring? Bono no stage presence?
Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 11, 2005 23:54

yes u2 are a great band live love there early stuff the album october is great and sunday bloody sunday is just brill.bono has a great rock voice...but i say it again and its no joke he has no stage presence he looks akward on stage and he cant dance... well he cant have everything...oh and stop trying to save the world, your just a rock singer we had sting and the @#$%& rain forest.leave all that crap to the politicans cause there @#$%& clueless as well.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: February 12, 2005 00:12

Bono sings very well - has a great voice, but his stage apperance is mostly ...... not the most impressive - nothing to compare with MJ, Elvis etc.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 12, 2005 02:01

I watched the Popmart Concert from Mexico City. Dead boring performance. The problem is not so much Bono's unimpressive stage presence (he tries hard, but it just doesn't work) it's more that the whole concert sounds the same. It's all these melanchonical crap songs which bored me to death, very little variety, no really recognizable melodies like Stones tunes (which hook so deep into your brain) and the concert merely lives from the special effects and that's about it.
For me U2 is neither live nor in the studio in the same league as the Stones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home