Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18
Re: The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour dates and more info
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 4, 2013 16:10

marianna

I'm going to assume that seats that are "only" $75 are behind the stage.

There are no $75 tickets. I don't think they're selling any seats behind the stage, either.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 4, 2013 16:16

Just had a (I'm sure not unique) thought.

What if 50 and counting means this is it, the last tour...that never actually ends?

Just a handful of dates per year, lots of in between time for family/friends etc.

They keep playing for years....until the money dries up, the reviews begin to suck, or it becomes impossible to keep playing.

Kind of like what Paul McCartney has been doing...just playing wherever and whenever. Maybe a Vegas residency for a week, or NYC, or London, then two months off.

They never announce the 'last time' because they won't even know when that is themselves, until it happens.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 4, 2013 16:25

tatters
marianna

I'm going to assume that seats that are "only" $75 are behind the stage.

There are no $75 tickets. I don't think they're selling any seats behind the stage, either.

$75 tickets were listed on the United Center website yesterday. They've since been removed.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 4, 2013 16:27

marianna
I'm going to assume that seats that are "only" $75 are behind the stage. Maybe the highest rows of the arena, but close to the stage if they're not all behind the stage. And with service charges, they're over $100. I would like to see Mick Taylor, but they're ripping people off. They weren't very good the last couple of times I saw them some years ago, and I assume they're not as good now, Mick Taylor or no Mick Taylor. Plus, as long as Ron Wood is in the band, you're stuck having to hear him.

Maybe $75 was a mistake, the United Center doesn't show that any longer.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 4, 2013 16:31

Rolling Stones To Skip the South on U.S. Tour?
Posted by Adam Gold on Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Aside from, you know, blues music, what has the American South ever given The Rolling Stones?

Apparently, England’s Oldest Hitmakers don’t think Virginia and surrounding below-Mason-Dixon-Line locales are so sweet after all, as the band’s long-awaited 50 and Counting Tour itinerary — announced this morning — includes not a single Southern date; not even Texas or Florida (which arguably don’t even count anyway). You’d think the band would at least light up Atlanta on this nine-date trek, which kicks off next month at L.A.’s Staples Center. No dice.

At press time, Chicago (on May 28) is the closest Rolling Stones road-trip destination for General Lee drivers. Even Canada — a country that once threatened to incarcerate Keith Richards — is getting a 2013 Stones show.

What gives?

Certainly it takes the widespread perennial adulation of millions to persist as rock ’n’ roll’s biggest band for five decades and counting, and there are certainly a lot of “people” in the South, to be sure. But as anyone aware of the Stone’s eye-watteringly, one-percenter-exclusive ticket prices (or anyone who’s ever seen the eye-openingly embarrassing 2001 VH1 documentary Being Mick, or watched the tour-announcement promo clip above) can attest, Mick Jagger is anything but a man of the people. But it’s a band’s body of work that counts. And few bands artistically owe a greater debt of gratitude to the South than The Rolling Stones, who’ve built a musical dynasty recasting Southern legends from Robert Johnson to Gram Parsons in their own swaggering image.

If recent reports of the band plotting 19 U.S. dates are true, that leaves a potential 10 dates in cities still to be announced. Let’s cross our fingers and hope that at least one of them lands the band somewhere in the region before they completely fossilize.

[www.nashvillescene.com]

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 4, 2013 17:02

Edith Grove

Aside from, you know, blues music, what has the American South ever given The Rolling Stones?

Apparently, England’s Oldest Hitmakers don’t think Virginia and surrounding below-Mason-Dixon-Line locales are so sweet after all, as the band’s long-awaited 50 and Counting Tour itinerary — announced this morning — includes not a single Southern date; not even Texas or Florida (which arguably don’t even count anyway). You’d think the band would at least light up Atlanta on this nine-date trek, which kicks off next month at L.A.’s Staples Center. No dice.

At press time, Chicago (on May 28) is the closest Rolling Stones road-trip destination for General Lee drivers. Even Canada — a country that once threatened to incarcerate Keith Richards — is getting a 2013 Stones show.

What gives?

Certainly it takes the widespread perennial adulation of millions to persist as rock ’n’ roll’s biggest band for five decades and counting, and there are certainly a lot of “people” in the South, to be sure. But as anyone aware of the Stone’s eye-watteringly, one-percenter-exclusive ticket prices (or anyone who’s ever seen the eye-openingly embarrassing 2001 VH1 documentary Being Mick, or watched the tour-announcement promo clip above) can attest, Mick Jagger is anything but a man of the people. But it’s a band’s body of work that counts. And few bands artistically owe a greater debt of gratitude to the South than The Rolling Stones, who’ve built a musical dynasty recasting Southern legends from Robert Johnson to Gram Parsons in their own swaggering image.

If recent reports of the band plotting 19 U.S. dates are true, that leaves a potential 10 dates in cities still to be announced. Let’s cross our fingers and hope that at least one of them lands the band somewhere in the region before they completely fossilize.

[www.nashvillescene.com]

In a perfect world they'd drop in to jam with George and Zigaboo at the Howlin' Wolf, then head over to the Maple Leaf afterwards to lay down some licks with Wolfman Washington.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 17:02 by andrewt.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 4, 2013 17:09

andrewt
In a perfect world they'd drop in to jam with George and Zigaboo at the Howlin' Wolf, then head over to the Maple Leaf afterwards to lay down some licks with Wolfman Washington.

Do you think it is not reasonable to ask that they use some of their open dates for one or two shows in the South ?

Date: April 4, 2013 17:27

Rumors about working on a new album with Was in Paris?

Rolling Stones' '50 and Counting' tour coming to Philadelphia in June

POSTED: Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Dan DeLuca, Inquirer Music Critic

If you try sometimes, you just might find that the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary tour which never materialized in 2012 will finally make its way to South Philadelphia in June.

The Stones' '50 and Counting' tour will play the Wells Fargo Center on June 18. The tour kicks off in early May at the Staples Center in Los Angeles (weirdly, the opening date is not yet announced due to potential NBA and NHL playoff game scheduling conflicts.) Mick Taylor, who was a member of the Stones from 1969-74 and who sat in for "Midnight Rambler" during the band's December shows in London, Brooklyn and Newark, N.J., will be a guest throughout the tour.

There is not yet an on sale date for the Wells Fargo show, which is the last date listed on the Stones' North American tour. (The band will go to Europe in the summer, playing the Glastonbury festival on June 29.)

Will there be only one show, if the first sells out? Let's see: It had been previously leaked that the tour, which is being promoted by AEG Live, will include 18 shows. But there are only nine cities listed on the itinerary, which goes from L.A. to Oakland to San Jose to Las Vegas to Anaheim to Toronto to Chicago to Boston to Philadelphia. Do the math!: The smart money says the band will play two shows in each market.

The question is, just how high will Mick Jagger and the band push the ticket price ceiling? For the New York area shows, face value topped out at over $700.

Also, it had also been rumored that the band, who released two new Don Was-produced songs on their GRRR! best-of compilation that came out last year, has been working on a new album with Was in Paris. There's no mention of new music, though, in the press release the Stones put out this morning, so it sounds like '50 and Counting' will be a pure greatest hits tour, for better or worse.

[www.philly.com]

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 4, 2013 17:40

Edith Grove

What gives?

[www.nashvillescene.com]
Yeah, what gives. It's not like Toronto is a major market city or anything. Jack ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 17:41 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 4, 2013 19:11

GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas
I am not gonna pay for Jaggers ex-wives, ronnies ex-wives etc.

Just Gonna wait for the Ziggodome Amsterdam.

Thats gonna be expensive as well, but....in my own country.

jeroen

you really think that had they married once and stayed married the tix would be more in the $50-$75 range? i hadn't really considered that possbility, but it makes sense.

I wonder if they would consider maybe allow the poorer fans to just pay to see the show on a song for song basis.

Start Me Up - $20
Get Off of My Cloud - $35 (hey, it was hard and costly to learn that one again!)
"the evening ballad" - $45 (it's hard when you have to tone it down for just one song!)
Midnight Ramber with MT - $150 (sorry, but some folks are paying for a whole show just to see this one moment)
Warhorse Parade - $100 (package deal of the night!)

How much for Band Intros???

Never mind that, how much for Love Train?
Come on Jeroen. Just get that flight to London.
I took it last year. I had a great time. Also an empty wallet, but it was worth it.
If there is a 2nd Hyde Park I'll go again, and I'll pay up again.
What if Ziggodome never happens?

i am not gonna spend about 900 euros for 2 days London and one Stones concert.
Simply because i dont have a lot of money and cant afford to go. And..i think the prices are outrageous.
Dont het me wrong, i love the Stones. Been a fan since 1973 and seen them many times. But this is the limit.

@#$%& them, i cant afford it.

Jeroen

it's okay to go ahead and hate the stones; everybody's doing it.
speak for yourself .

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 4, 2013 19:13

TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

you really think that had they married once and stayed married the tix would be more in the $50-$75 range? i hadn't really considered that possbility, but it makes sense.

I wonder if they would consider maybe allow the poorer fans to just pay to see the show on a song for song basis.

Start Me Up - $20
Get Off of My Cloud - $35 (hey, it was hard and costly to learn that one again!)
"the evening ballad" - $45 (it's hard when you have to tone it down for just one song!)
Midnight Ramber with MT - $150 (sorry, but some folks are paying for a whole show just to see this one moment)

I took it last year. I had a great time. Also an empty wallet, but it was worth it.

Simply because i dont have a lot of money and cant afford to go. And..i think the prices are outrageous.
Dont het me wrong, i love the Stones. Been a fan since 1973 and seen them many times. But this is the limit.

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

i will speak for whomever i choose to speak for.....including you.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 4, 2013 19:23

GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

Of course using the terms "i", "whomever", "choose" and "speak" very loosely.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 4, 2013 19:24

erikjjf
Breakdown of ticket prices for San Jose:

Any seating charts for Oakland?

Date: April 4, 2013 19:26

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

speakeasy or shut the hell up...

Date: April 4, 2013 19:29

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

speakeasy or shut the hell up...
You speak tightly?... or is that sleep tightly?

Date: April 4, 2013 19:30

GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

real tough guy huh?

Date: April 4, 2013 19:32

Now everyone is getting in the spirit of things.

Date: April 4, 2013 19:53

i am sitting on $2500 and my WISH is two tickets for boston and two tickets for philly and if we get lucky a msg show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 4, 2013 19:59

TheGreek
i am sitting on $2500 and my WISH is two tickets for boston and two tickets for philly and if we get lucky a msg show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Greek,
A wad of cash that size must be creasing your butt.

Date: April 4, 2013 20:02

TheGreek
GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

real tough guy huh?

hey - i thought we were buds! please - i have so few.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:13

sweetcharmedlife
erikjjf

Thanks sweetcharmedlife, that's really helpful

How are you, by the way??!!!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:48

treaclefingers
FrankM
How can you have a tour without a single show in the New York Metroplitan area? I know they were just here but have at least one show in the area!

WTF? Didn't they just do 3 shows in the New York Metropolitan area a few months ago?

How greedy can you people get?!

Yeah but I was too flat broke to see any of those (except on PPV). I think this time around tix will be more affordable. Besides everybody knows all of the important people in North America live in the New York area. How many times have they mentioned NYC in one of their songs? How may times have they mentioned San Jose?

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:00

sarahunwin
sweetcharmedlife
erikjjf

Thanks sweetcharmedlife, that's really helpful

How are you, by the way??!!!
Hi sara. I'm good. trying to figure out whetehr I want to pay these crazy prices. But otherwise ok.smiling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:17

crawdaddy
I haven't gone through all the pages on this thread,but anyone mentioned where and when are the ................................REHEARSALS. hot smiley

Probabably be on west coast U.S.A. or Toronto I guess.

Any ideas. winking smiley

Los Angeles.

Date: April 4, 2013 21:41

Kurt
TheGreek

Hey Greek,
A wad of cash that size must be creasing your butt.
something like that

Date: April 4, 2013 21:43

GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

real tough guy huh?

good BUDS are for smoking

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:48

sweetcharmedlife
erikjjf

So what is the price for the 1-2-3 areas that are in the front (orange/rust colored) - or is that the blood-letting color coinciding with the arms and legs you use to pay for those seats?
How does the GA work? I know some of you did that for the last shows - any tips and tricks for those of us newbies?
And what about the pre-sale? Are we screwed if we don't have a shiti-bank card? smoking smiley

Date: April 4, 2013 21:49

TheGreek
GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
TheGreek
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

speak for yourself .

real tough guy huh?

good BUDS are for smoking

my point exactly

Date: April 4, 2013 22:03

corriecas
GRNRBITW
corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Jeroen

i F... DONT HATE THE sTONES, YOU MORON.
i JUST DONT HAVE THE MONEY, SO F... OFF
JEROEN

would you be kind enough to spell out your words? ...i can't read your mind, you know. many thanks in advance.

Date: April 4, 2013 22:05

memphiscats
So what is the price for the 1-2-3 areas that are in the front (orange/rust colored) - or is that the blood-letting color coinciding with the arms and legs you use to pay for those seats?

And what about the pre-sale? Are we screwed if we don't have a shiti-bank card? smoking smiley

Excluding VIP and other package deals, expect GA pit and floor seats to be $600.

Wouldn't fret too much about the pre-sale. The best seats aren't always offered, and quantities are limited.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home