Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 18
Re: The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour dates and more info
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:04

tommyquinn
The 2012 shows had a pricetag of $800 for most of the tickets, so $600 is a relative bargain!!

you gotta love a band that has an affinity for the working class fans. they clearly haven't forgotten their humble roots....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:11

I am not gonna pay for Jaggers ex-wives, ronnies ex-wives etc.

Just Gonna wait for the Ziggodome Amsterdam.

Thats gonna be expensive as well, but....in my own country.

jeroen

Date: April 3, 2013 21:18

yeah, they really love eachother and are in it for the Music.....

oh sorry Mick,

Money Money

Jeroen

I have had it!!!

Jeroen

Date: April 3, 2013 21:23

corriecas

jeroen

you really think that had they married once and stayed married the tix would be more in the $50-$75 range? i hadn't really considered that possbility, but it makes sense.

I wonder if they would consider maybe allow the poorer fans to just pay to see the show on a song for song basis.

Start Me Up - $20
Get Off of My Cloud - $35 (hey, it was hard and costly to learn that one again!)
"the evening ballad" - $45 (it's hard when you have to tone it down for just one song!)
Midnight Ramber with MT - $150 (sorry, but some folks are paying for a whole show just to see this one moment)
Warhorse Parade - $100 (package deal of the night!)

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:25

GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

you really think that had they married once and stayed married the tix would be more in the $50-$75 range? i hadn't really considered that possbility, but it makes sense.

I wonder if they would consider maybe allow the poorer fans to just pay to see the show on a song for song basis.

Start Me Up - $20
Get Off of My Cloud - $35 (hey, it was hard and costly to learn that one again!)
"the evening ballad" - $45 (it's hard when you have to tone it down for just one song!)
Midnight Ramber with MT - $150 (sorry, but some folks are paying for a whole show just to see this one moment)

How much for Band Intros???

Date: April 3, 2013 21:31

uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Horns - $2 ($3 if you want the Bobby Keyes intro as part of it)
B/U Singers $2.50
Chuck - $3.75
Darryl - $3.99
Ronnie - $5
Charlie - $7.50
Keith - $9.99
Mick - $10.00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-03 21:32 by GRNRBITW.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:32

tommyquinn
....and no where else can I spend $600 for something that will put me in a good mood for weeks, as well as giving me 2-2 1/2 hours of absolute enjoyment. Paul McCartney is OK, but don't get a rush from listening to him. The Who are half a Who now, the Stones are it, 5 of them onstage together....the ultimate feel-good event. No, I can't afford it, but so what, that is what credit cards and bankruptcy are for.

So true, tommy.
Hey, if they add a show at MSG, maybe I'll see you there? grinning smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 3, 2013 21:35

GRNRBITW
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

B/U Singers $2.50
Chuck - $3.75
Darryl - $3.99
Ronnie - $5
Charlie - $7.50
Keith - $9.99
Mick - $10.00

Really, people like GRRnr and ubbuhnuh or something make me shit my pants.They
are so funny. They think.I think i know what country they are from, never mind.

I was gonna post something offensive, not gonna do it.

Jeroen

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:43

corriecas
GRNRBITW
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

B/U Singers $2.50
Chuck - $3.75
Darryl - $3.99
Ronnie - $5
Charlie - $7.50
Keith - $9.99
Mick - $10.00

Really, people like GRRnr and ubbuhnuh or something make me shit my pants.They
are so funny. They think.I think i know what country they are from, never mind.

I was gonna post something offensive, not gonna do it.

Jeroen

Hey, Band Intros costs $0.99 on the Hampton boot, the same price as any of the songs.

It's certainly a legit inquiry!

Hampton 1981

Band Intros
1:42
$0.99

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:47

Nine-city Rolling Stones tour to start in L.A.

Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY 1p.m. EDT April 3, 2013

The band will also play Oakland, San Jose, Toronto, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia.

Only one band has the charisma, the credentials, the catalog and the ka-ching caliber to trigger box-office pandemonium.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Rolling Stones!

Today the band announced it will kick off a nine-city North American leg of its 50 and Counting tour in Los Angeles at the Staples Center. The date will be announced pending the NBA/NHL playoff schedules. The tour will visit Oakland, San Jose, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Toronto, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia.

Tickets for Oakland, San Jose, Toronto and Chicago go on sale Monday at 10 a.m. local time and will be available at rollingstones.com. Ticket prices were not announced.

"50 and Counting has been pretty amazing so far," Mick Jagger said in a media release. "We did a few shows in London and New York last year … and had such a good time that we thought … let's do some more. It's a good show. Lots of the classic stuff everyone wants to hear … with a few little gems tucked in here and there. The stage is shaped like lips and goes off into the venue so I get to run around in the crowd. It's great fun to be able to get that close to the audience."

Keith Richards added, "From day one at rehearsals it sounded so fresh. You could tell that everybody was dying to get their teeth into it. It was like … open the gates … let us out! 'Cause man, it is the life and blood of us to play in front of people."

"Any year the Stones are touring is special," says Ray Waddell, Billboard senior editor/touring. "The Rolling Stones are one of the few guaranteed home runs in the live music business and have been since the early '80s. They are in an elite class. They don't compete with other bands. There is no substitute. That's why their ticket prices are what they are. How many opportunities do rock 'n' roll fans get to witness history, and maybe more importantly, how many more chances will there be?

"So while their ticket prices are typically the highest, so is the level of what's being offered. Few bands can serve up such a revered canon of songs that are so meaningful in rock and still play them at a very high level. All the talk about how high Stones tickets are misses the point: You get what you pay for. I saw them in December. They killed it."

Waddell has covered every Stones tour since Steel Wheels in 1989. Since then, the band has likely grossed at least $2 billion at the box office worldwide (receipts are incomplete) and another $1 billion in ancillaries like merchandising, sponsorships, live albums and DVDs, he estimates.

"They print money," he says, noting that the band's run of five 50 and Counting shows in late 2012 grossed $38.7 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

That short stint ranked 33rd among 2012 tours, according to Pollstar. Tickets averaged $529 each, the priciest of the year's top 50 tours and more than double the cost of the next highest, $263 for an average Barbra Streisand ducat.

Price was no barrier. Every Stones show sold out.

"In terms of the business of touring, the Stones either invented it, improved upon it, and/or changed it forever," Waddell says "They've broken ground in the areas of production, sponsorships, merchandising, VIP ticketing and overall touring economics. So many things that are a matter of course in the live business today originated with the Rolling Stones. But none of that would matter if they weren't simply a kickass band with kickass songs."

The Stones' last global outing was A Bigger Bang, which grossed $558 million from August 2005 to August 2007. It stood as history's biggest until U2's ambitious 360 tour in 2009-2011 set new records for attendance (7.2 million) and gross ($736 million).

The Stones "won't come anywhere near breaking U2's record because they won't play near as many dates and the venues won't be anywhere near the capacity that U2 played," Waddell says. "U2's record may stand forever because of the unique nature of that tour and that band."

The Stones' tour news ends months of speculation that included the band's own tease campaign in the days leading up to Wednesday's announcement. The band posted #StartMeUpWednesday countdown hints on Twitter and Facebook and plastered billboards in the Bay Area and Las Vegas with their iconic tongue logo and such song titles and lyrics as Satisfaction and "You Get What You Need."

The band previously announced a headlining date June 29 at England's Glastonbury Festival and will also perform July 6 and 13 at London's Hyde Park.

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:00

I have seen then in Toronto several times, but never in Air Canada Center, which is around 20,000 seats. Interesting that they chose that over the usual Roger Center with 45,000 seats. At least in ensures a sellout and better sound.

I have been catching concerts in Toronto since the late 70s. It's a 2 hour drive and a great city. Really one of the nicest, friendliest and safest cities on earth. But I will not pay above $150 to see anything.

OK, I might pay more to see God, as long as he/she has a good opening act.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:01

From Planet Rock:

ROLLING STONES INTERVIEW

Nicky Horne sat down with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to discuss Rolling Stones live performances past, present and future.....

Listen > [www.planetrock.com]

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:02

Eighteen shows. Nine cities have been announced. There are open dates, before or after, every show that has been announced so a second date can be added. 9 cities x 2 shows each = 18 shows. No other American cities will announced. NYC got theirs last December. The addition of the Barclay Center show there was too much for the market hence we'll see two shows per town at a slightly lower outrageous price.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:07

bye bye johnny

Tickets for Oakland, San Jose, Toronto and Chicago go on sale Monday at 10 a.m. local time and will be available at rollingstones.com. Ticket prices were not announced.

"Any year the Stones are touring is special," says Ray Waddell, Billboard senior editor/touring. "The Rolling Stones are one of the few guaranteed home runs in the live music business and have been since the early '80s. They are in an elite class. They don't compete with other bands. There is no substitute. That's why their ticket prices are what they are. How many opportunities do rock 'n' roll fans get to witness history, and maybe more importantly, how many more chances will there be?

"So while their ticket prices are typically the highest, so is the level of what's being offered. Few bands can serve up such a revered canon of songs that are so meaningful in rock and still play them at a very high level. All the talk about how high Stones tickets are misses the point: You get what you pay for. I saw them in December. They killed it."

Waddell has covered every Stones tour since Steel Wheels in 1989. Since then, the band has likely grossed at least $2 billion at the box office worldwide (receipts are incomplete) and another $1 billion in ancillaries like merchandising, sponsorships, live albums and DVDs, he estimates.

"They print money," he says, noting that the band's run of five 50 and Counting shows in late 2012 grossed $38.7 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

That short stint ranked 33rd among 2012 tours, according to Pollstar. Tickets averaged $529 each, the priciest of the year's top 50 tours and more than double the cost of the next highest, $263 for an average Barbra Streisand ducat.

Price was no barrier. Every Stones show sold out.

"In terms of the business of touring, the Stones either invented it, improved upon it, and/or changed it forever," Waddell says "They've broken ground in the areas of production, sponsorships, merchandising, VIP ticketing and overall touring economics. So many things that are a matter of course in the live business today originated with the Rolling Stones. But none of that would matter if they weren't simply a kickass band with kickass songs."

I'm going to be sick.
I absolutely hate The Rolling Stones now.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:51

uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Never mind that, how much for Love Train?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:55

tommyquinn
....and no where else can I spend $600 for something that will put me in a good mood for weeks, as well as giving me 2-2 1/2 hours of absolute enjoyment. No, I can't afford it, but so what, that is what credit cards and bankruptcy are for.

Call me old fashioned but I thought it was for ecstasy, cocaine and hookers.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:05

Disappointing to see the apparent ticket prices. I won't pay $1200 for my wife and I to have one night with the Stones.Everyone is right about them delivering something completely unique but I am offended by those prices$150-$350 is reasonable.

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:07

No show in Largo, Oh I'm so disappointed....grinning smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:09

I wonder if they will really cart Mick Taylor around the US just to play two songs? I would love to see him on stage for the entire show.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:16

lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Come on Jeroen. Just get that flight to London.
I took it last year. I had a great time. Also an empty wallet, but it was worth it.
If there is a 2nd Hyde Park I'll go again, and I'll pay up again.
What if Ziggodome never happens?

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:20

latebloomer
Looks like Philly for me, it's a short train ride from DC. If they add Atlanta or NYC, I may try for those as well. If they make it to DC, then maybe cheap tickets for the whole family.

Really happy about seeing them again, with Mick Taylor too!

I think I am going to go ahead and book a hotel room now in Philadelphia, anyone know what is closest to the venue?

Hope to see some of you there!smiling smiley
If it were me I would stay center city Philly and catch the subway down to the show. Subway drops you off at The Wells Fargo Center its easy to use and only a few minute ride. The Holiday Inn although not a bad area certainly not a nice area. Everything in that area is very old and industrial with nothing to do. The stadium area is nice but that s it around there. At least in the city there are things to do while you are there. Xfinity Live would be a good spot for drinks ahead of the show. Its located right there surrounded by The Wells Fargo Center, Lincoln Financial Field and Citizens Bank Park

Date: April 3, 2013 23:27

Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Come on Jeroen. Just get that flight to London.
I took it last year. I had a great time. Also an empty wallet, but it was worth it.
If there is a 2nd Hyde Park I'll go again, and I'll pay up again.
What if Ziggodome never happens?

i am not gonna spend about 900 euros for 2 days London and one Stones concert.
Simply because i dont have a lot of money and cant afford to go. And..i think the prices are outrageous.
Dont het me wrong, i love the Stones. Been a fan since 1973 and seen them many times. But this is the limit.

@#$%& them, i cant afford it.

Jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:27

There will definately be shows after this summer - both Mick and Keith indicated this in the PlanetRock interview.

Keith said: if he knew what was going to happen, he wouldn't be allowed to say anything and Mick said they would take some holydays after Hyde Park and then be back again for the autumn.

They just want to have a sponsor, which will be easy to find after the US tour.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:34

mtaylor
There will definately be shows after this summer - both Mick and Keith indicated this in the PlanetRock interview.

Keith said: if he knew what was going to happen, he wouldn't be allowed to say anything and Mick said they would take some holydays after Hyde Park and then be back again for the autumn.

More shows after the summer, so in the autumn, will that be North America?

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:35

is there a roumor what date the stones play in l.a.
it s strange there s no date for the opener

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:36

daytime
mtaylor

More shows after the summer, so in the autumn, will that be North America?

Europe and other parts of the World.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:40

backofmyhand
is there a roumor what date the stones play in l.a.
it s strange there s no date for the opener
It's because they have 2 basketball and 1 hockey team playing there.The date will probably be May 2nd or third.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 3, 2013 23:50

How the Stones spend their money is none of our business.

Buying their concert tickets is something akin to buying a car.
Only spend what you can afford.

They owe us nothing but a good performance.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:12

lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Will they give a partial refund if they play Streets of Love?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:13

corriecas
i am not gonna spend about 900 euros for 2 days London and one Stones concert.

95 GBP for GA tickets.
Edit: For London Hyde Park

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 00:14 by Rolling Hansie.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home