Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18
Re: The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour dates and more info
Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 10, 2013 01:26

bye bye johnny
THE ROLLING STONES KICK OFF 50 & COUNTING TOUR MAY 2* AT THE STAPLES CENTER IN LOS ANGELES

Tickets On-Sale for Los Angeles, Anaheim, Boston and Philadelphia Monday, April 15

* Date subject to change pending NBA/NHL playoff schedule.

[www.rollingstones.com]
Philly could be the show to see the rust will be gone that's what i'm going for.Plus they always play good in philly!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 10, 2013 05:41

sweetcharmedlife
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
Donkey Girl Scout
Wondering if i should wait for a Washington DC or even a Charlotte North Carolina date. or should i get a ticket for Philly, which i have never been to.
I know Virginia won't get another chance.
They may add shows to curent cities. But I don't think they'll add different cities to the ones already announced.

Shut Up. The Dallas announcement is imminent.
Jerry is having the boys for lunch right now...
Well he does need to figure out a way to pay Tono Romo all that money.So he could use some extra events at the Jerry dome.eye rolling smiley

Damn. Not sure the Stones can cover that...maybe over to the AA arena...the Mavs are outta the playoffs...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2013 07:30

Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
Donkey Girl Scout
Wondering if i should wait for a Washington DC or even a Charlotte North Carolina date. or should i get a ticket for Philly, which i have never been to.
They may add shows to curent cities. But I don't think they'll add different cities to the ones already announced.

Shut Up. The Dallas announcement is imminent.
Jerry is having the boys for lunch right now...
Well he does need to figure out a way to pay Tono Romo all that money.So he could use some extra events at the Jerry dome.eye rolling smiley

Damn. Not sure the Stones can cover that...maybe over to the AA arena...the Mavs are outta the playoffs...

50 and counting...this gravy train isn't going to end until someone collapses onstage.

They'll roll out more shows periodically, lots of cities, lots of breaks in between, no promises.

Makes it easier to insure the tours, and to keep the uncertainty about the last show, without ever having to announce it.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 10, 2013 08:50

Max'sKansasCity
...count your blessings Chicago...

And pray hard to the Weather God!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2013 10:03

OMG, the United Center isn't an outdoor venue, is it?? confused smiley

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 10, 2013 10:29

owlbynite
Hotstuff
No NYC ?

Shea Stadium? Anything?

There's no more Shea winking smiley but I'm still expecting at least one gig in that area. Maybe not MSG but again Barclays Center or Newark Prud. Late July would also be possible if not in June.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: April 10, 2013 10:53

Aquamarine

It's an indoor arena. cool smiley

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 10, 2013 15:52

sweetcharmedlife
Donkey Girl Scout

I agree with this; additional shows in already-announced cities but no new cities. Im in D.C. too and I'm not waiting for a D.C. show. Philly it is for me. I've done it many times; it's a breeze. Amtrak and SEPTA, no problem. Of course there is the not-inconsequential matter of getting tickets first. Good luck to all on Monday, but especially to ME.grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 10, 2013 15:54

Roscoe
sweetcharmedlife
Donkey Girl Scout

I agree with this; additional shows in already-announced cities but no new cities. Im in D.C. too and I'm not waiting for a D.C. show. Philly it is for me. I've done it many times; it's a breeze. Amtrak and SEPTA, no problem. Of course there is the not-inconsequential matter of getting tickets first. Good luck to all on Monday, but especially to ME.grinning smiley

Me too! FYI Roscoe, Citibank presale tickets start on Friday at 10 am.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 10, 2013 16:01

latebloomer
Roscoe
sweetcharmedlife
Donkey Girl Scout

Me too! FYI Roscoe, Citibank presale tickets start on Friday at 10 am.

No Citibank account for me so I'll just have to wait and take my chances on Monday. Too bad it's not Wells Fargo seeing as the show is at the Wells Fargo Center. That one I have.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 10, 2013 17:39

Any rumors for any southern US shows? Maybe Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa or Atlanta?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2013 17:47

No and at this point it seems unlikely they will be adding any new cities to this mini-tour but rather add dates here and there. More cities/continents, if any, will have to wait for the fall it seems, in essence that's what Mick told Planet Rock in their interview last week.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2013 20:56

Don't worry about MSG. They save the best for the last. They can do 2-3 MSG any time they like, with any price they like. Just like January 1998. Nothing has changed, even if they did some warm-up in Brooklyn and Newark. The Big Apple is an endless market for the Stones. Probably next time around.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:53

Only 12 concerts announced in the US till now....out of 18?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:59

Harm

The remaining 4-6 shows will be anounced as soon as the currently announced shows sell out. Look out for more Philly, Boston, Las Vegas. I am still unsure if the two Hyde Parks are inside or outside the 18 AEG quota.

Bjornulf

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:45

bv
Harm

The remaining 4-6 shows will be anounced as soon as the currently announced shows sell out. Look out for more Philly, Boston, Las Vegas. I am still unsure if the two Hyde Parks are inside or outside the 18 AEG quota.

Tickets still available for all shows.....including the weekend shows.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:49

bv
Harm

Dallas is coming...

Date: April 10, 2013 23:46

bv
Don't worry about MSG. They save the best for the last. They can do 2-3 MSG any time they like, with any price they like. Just like January 1998. Nothing has changed, even if they did some warm-up in Brooklyn and Newark. The Big Apple is an endless market for the Stones. Probably next time around.

Damn, I'll be in New York in June, too. Would just take the train to Penn Sta! We can't count on a next time, anything can happen.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 10, 2013 23:58

Yes, anything can happen.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:16

triplelicks
Aquamarine

It's an indoor arena. cool smiley

Phew! Thanks!

I'm dubious about them adding any extra cities, but Dallas would suit me perfectly, just sayin'. Nawlins even better . . .

Date: April 11, 2013 04:58

Hope they add some MSG dates, it won't take six days to get from Boston to Philly!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 07:29

bv
Harm

....I come from a land DOWNUNDER.......where women cry - and men chunder!!!!

Any chance of AUSTRALIA????????????????

Rgds
Rod
PERTH

Posted by: mahituna ()
Date: April 11, 2013 08:05

treaclefingers nailed it.
Stones are great at marketing, they will add more money (tour dates) as time goes by. I actually believe they are taking it slow because of their age, not a cut on them but reality,it would be wise not to commit to alot of shows and cancel because of exhaustion or other age related issues. Basically it will be a dozen or so shows, stop and do an inventory on everone in the band, if things look good then book another dozen shows...rinse and repeat. It also creates a sense of urgency for each go around because fans won't know if that's it for the tour or not...pure marketing genious.

Prediction - tour will end around the 350-400 million mark or as long as they can hold up. It was reported that the Stones take on each show is 4-5 million. That works out to about 80 shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-11 08:11 by mahituna.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 11, 2013 08:51

It's not the entire band. It's about how Keith will hold up.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 11, 2013 10:44

I hope they return to North America in Sept

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: April 11, 2013 15:51

J-J-Flash
What about Pittsbugh????

YES, WHAT ABOUT PITTSBUGH????
It's 5 1/2 hours closer than Philly!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 03:42 by ChrisO.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 11, 2013 16:15

bv
Harm

Are you sure about Vegas I thought Anaheim would be more convenient as they leave Vegas for Anaheim. At least it would be more convenient for me >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 11, 2013 21:57

Grison
bv
Harm

Are you sure about Vegas I thought Anaheim would be more convenient as they leave Vegas for Anaheim. At least it would be more convenient for me >grinning smiley<

If they will have to await the complete sell-out inclusive the > 1.000 USD tickets, it will only happen at the day of the consert, and that's quite late.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 11, 2013 23:05

mtaylor, what do you mean by this?
"If they will have to await the complete sell-out inclusive the > 1.000 USD tickets, it will only happen at the day of the consert, and that's quite late."

If you mean the > 1000 tickets selling for 85.00 for Las Vegas, or any city, that will happen quite soon
after tickets go on sale...

Or, did you mean all tickets in Anaheim or what?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 11, 2013 23:16

angee
mtaylor, what do you mean by this?
"If they will have to await the complete sell-out inclusive the > 1.000 USD tickets, it will only happen at the day of the consert, and that's quite late."

If you mean the > 1000 tickets selling for 85.00 for Las Vegas, or any city, that will happen quite soon
after tickets go on sale...

Or, did you mean all tickets in Anaheim or what?
The tickets with Price > 1.000 USD

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home