Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18
Re: The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour dates and more info
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:27

boston2006
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards Hint at Rolling Stones Tour Surprises

[www.rollingstone.com]

I need better hints. Like an entire name minus one letter if they don't mind.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 6, 2013 00:39

Someone mentioned they don't have a stage to do stadium dates. At this point, no. But I can't see them passing up all the potential money on the table for a stadium tour.

I'm hoping they do a second stadium tour and play AT&T Park in San Francisco, where people can watch/listen for free outside the stadium. I once saw them like that and it was one of my favorite Stones gigs. That, and the time I won tickets to see them at Staples Center in LA for that free gig. Mick is entertaining, and Charlie is solid (as is Daryl on bass), but the rest of the band just isn't worth of $600 or $200 for nosebleed seats. I guess I should take those complaints to the complaint thread, though. I couldn't pull the trigger on the pre-sale this morning due to my sense of caveat emptor.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 01:00

micawber
$an Franci$co

I thought they were doing Oakland instead? Funny that the shirt should include SF.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 6, 2013 01:05

carlorossi
micawber
$an Franci$co

I thought they were doing Oakland instead? Funny that the shirt should include SF.

Nice catch!

Anaheim isn't included either. Orange County is certainly not LA.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:32

new show Chicago June 3 link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 02:33 by mcgeez8.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 6, 2013 09:05

Waiting time for me was up two 12 minutes, but I got easily tickets for both Oakland and San Jose.
I hope the same for Vegas and Anaheim.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:24

Keith confirms rehearsals in LA, starting next week.

Keith Richards: Stones not rolling to a stop

By Jane Stevenson, QMI Agency
Updated: Friday, April 05, 2013 04:45 PM MDT

You can start them up, but there's no winding them down.

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards may be 70 this year -- along with frontman Mick Jagger -- but the band's just-announced 50th anniversary North American tour shouldn't be seen as their farewell jaunt.

After all, the new trek is called 50 and Counting ...

"Do you know how many times that one's been asked (about it being the swansong), who knows honey," says the jovial Richards who jokes he was presently "secluded on an unidentified island. I'm here of my own free will."

"If the guys are flying and rocking and everybody feels good, I don't see why they wouldn't do 51 and Counting, 52....But at the moment, we're well aware that we're getting up there."

Richards could as easily be talking about turning 70 Dec. 18; Jagger hits the milestone July 26.

"Yes, we can't do anything about it," he jokes. "I've applied to the office but no, there's some things we can't move."

Richards said the half-century as a group kind of snuck up on the Stones too.

"I don't know how much the guys really think about it," he says. "At the same time, you realize that the big 5-O does put a certain spin on things. Probably one of the reasons that Mick Taylor (who replaced original guitarist Brian Jones who died in 1969) is going to be along with us is because we just thought it should be a bit of a celebration of any Stones that still want to join in."

Still, some fans were surprised when only nine dates, including Toronto's Air Canada Centre May 25 as the sole Canadian date, were announced, with plenty of days off in between.

The speculation is that they'll announce multiple shows in those locations or add other cities later.

"With the Stones, it's kind of like a juggernaut, once it gets rolling, you never know quite where it's going to end up," says Richards. "But I see these nine dates as a promising beginning. (Let's) leave an air of mystery about it."

Still, Richards does say the days off are somewhat to give the group some recovery time between shows.

"Everybody's pretty healthy. Mick is a heavy duty worker-outter. Basically I get my exercise on stage. ..You pace yourself as you go along."

The Rolling Stones have enjoyed a particularly close relationship with Toronto having rehearsed and staged surprise club shows previously under the eye of concert promoter Michael Cohl, who handled their tours from 1989's Steel Wheels to 2005's A Bigger Bang.

But Richards says with the new tour starting in early May in Los Angeles, under new promoter AEG Live, the rehearsals will take place in L.A instead starting next week.

It doesn't mean Richards, who was infamously busted for heroin possession in 1977 in Toronto, won't always be a big fan.

"Toronto, I consider it, especially, myself, it's my town. You done wonders for me - Toronto - and I'm always very grateful."

[www.torontosun.com]

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 6, 2013 19:25

Will there be a second San Jose show?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 6, 2013 20:13

marianna
Someone mentioned they don't have a stage to do stadium dates. At this point, no. But I can't see them passing up all the potential money on the table for a stadium tour.

I'm hoping they do a second stadium tour and play AT&T Park in San Francisco, where people can watch/listen for free outside the stadium. I once saw them like that and it was one of my favorite Stones gigs. That, and the time I won tickets to see them at Staples Center in LA for that free gig. Mick is entertaining, and Charlie is solid (as is Daryl on bass), but the rest of the band just isn't worth of $600 or $200 for nosebleed seats. I guess I should take those complaints to the complaint thread, though. I couldn't pull the trigger on the pre-sale this morning due to my sense of caveat emptor.

They don't have a stage? That's the reason they're not doing stadiums? How long does it take to build a stage? There are millions of unemployed people in America that will build a stage for them- then they can play Metlife Stadium.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 6, 2013 20:54

FrankM
marianna

They don't have a stage? That's the reason they're not doing stadiums? How long does it take to build a stage? There are millions of unemployed people in America that will build a stage for them- then they can play Metlife Stadium.

No, there wont be a stage. They did not get paid enough to afford one !!!

hahahahaha

jeroen

Date: April 6, 2013 20:56

daytime

Will there be a first Amsterdam show.....

Jeroen

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:00

Generic steel and lighting rig that they can squeeze the arena stage into. If they were to do just a handful of stadium shows, they could use local steel much like how stadium shows were done in the days before custom stages. And jumbotrons are standard accessories these days, even some clubs use them.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:01

corriecas
daytime

Jeroen

New Amsterdam didn't get any shows this time around......

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:05

daytime

I just checked, there are plenty of great seats still available for San Jose (at the upper two price ranges) so I wouldn't expect another show, at least for now.

Date: April 6, 2013 21:24

The Rolling Stones: Interview with Mick Jagger

Andy Bush chats to Mick Jagger about the Rolling Stones returning to Hyde Park for Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park. Mick talks about how a slinky orange number that he nearly wore at the 1969 gig might make an appearance at the new show, how '50 and Counting' inspired these new gigs as well as telling fans how they can help choose the set list for the Glastonbury gig.

Listen > [www.absoluteradio.co.uk]

Posted by: trogers ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:25

daytime

They've added new shows to the Citi presale. Two for Chicago (one of which starts on 4/8) and one more for Toronto. Who knows, they may be adding more later.

Date: April 6, 2013 21:46

From Chris Martin of Absolute Radio:

Tonight from 10: Me and Ronnie Wood having a good old chin-wag and playing some greats from The Rolling Stones on Absolute Radio!

Listen at [absoluteradio.co.uk], on DAB or through our free app.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 22:14

So Wood is not in LA.

Date: April 6, 2013 22:56

uhbuhgullayew
corriecas
daytime

Jeroen

New Amsterdam didn't get any shows this time around......
No, because you said there would be
Jeroen

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:54

I saw the show in Newark on the 13th from the nosebleeds and the sound was unbelievable. Best I've ever heard at any show by anybody, and I've seen a couple hundred. It is worth the money.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:58

$85 seats available on Monday!

See HERE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 23:59 by Kurt.

Date: April 7, 2013 00:32

bye bye johnny
From Chris Martin of Absolute Radio:

Tonight from 10: Me and Ronnie Wood having a good old chin-wag and playing some greats from The Rolling Stones on Absolute Radio!

Listen at [absoluteradio.co.uk], on DAB or through our free app.

[www.facebook.com]

Quite an enjoyable hour with the ever-affable Ronnie. He hinted that Mick Taylor will have a more substantial role, and also mentioned the likelihood of more guest spots, blues elder statesmen in particular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 00:58 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:16

Yay!!

Monday! $85 Tickets to ALL shows will be available!

Including VEGAS! and other tba shows!!

Feelin' Lucky...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 7, 2013 04:05

NEWYORK? WHAT IS THIS A JOKE? BTW THE PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS ONCE AGAIN, SHAMEFULL IMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 04:06 by melillo.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: April 7, 2013 06:36

MisterDDDD
Yay!!

Feelin' Lucky...

If I line up at ticketmaster will I get the ticket when I pay? Why wait til day of show?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2013 08:41

daytime
MisterDDDD
Yay!!

Feelin' Lucky...

If I line up at ticketmaster will I get the ticket when I pay? Why wait til day of show?

Online only sales for these tickets and my bet is you have to wait until day of show because the obvious goal is to provide reasonably priced good seats to the fans, not the brokers/scalpers.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 09:00

I wish they would fix the LA date. I need to get my air tickets. I'm thinking either the 2nd or 3rd, right?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2013 13:18

lmatth8461 posted in the "Hyde Park rip-off" thread that the Pit was sold for $1500 in the US, is that true?! What happened to the O2 pricing of the pit being the same as Tier 1 (floor, 1st level) ?

Posted by: wandlimb ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:16

When they say the $85 tickets go on sale Monday 10 a.m. "local time"...what does that mean? Local to the venue? Or do they go on sale all at the same time, which is 7 a.m. Eastern?

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:34

gotdablouse
lmatth8461 posted in the "Hyde Park rip-off" thread that the Pit was sold for $1500 in the US, is that true?! What happened to the O2 pricing of the pit being the same as Tier 1 (floor, 1st level) ?

Check out the Ticketmaster link

[www.ticketmaster.com]

or go from the Stones ticket page:

[www.rollingstones.com]

The four venues in North America that are there so far list the tongue pit at $1500 a shot. You can always go for the hospitality package at $2000 if that's not good enough, of course.

I guess a few lucky punters will score an $85 ticket and get into the pit, but I assume that depends on how many unsold pit tickets are left on the night.
I'm pretty sure someone on this board got into the pit for £100 last November, courtesy of Seatwave or some such legal tout agency.

Lee

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home